Home
Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR News Post

While those of you who have pre-ordered Rory McIlroy PGA Tour will be getting TPC Scottsdale at launch, it appears everyone else will be getting the course for free on September 14 according to the game's main menu.

It's doubtful this is a date for pre-orders as most outlets, Amazon included, promise the code to unlock the course by launch. It stands to reason what the game is communicating, especially with it being to all users, is that TPC Scottsdale is going to be available for everyone on September 14.

As we've reported on before, Rory will be seeing several content updates post-release, so it's likely there could be other items also released in September.

A big thanks to @WIK2K on Twitter for the heads up!

Game: Rory McIlroy PGA TOURReader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 12 - View All
Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR Videos
Member Comments
# 1 TheBleedingRed21 @ 07/08/15 07:36 PM
Kind of gives me hope for free post launch courses.

# 2 k1lo5 @ 07/08/15 07:41 PM
Being a non yearly release, will definatley have more content releasing. Just hope for the most will be free!

sent via galaxy s5 using tapatalk

# 3 wheels2121 @ 07/08/15 11:42 PM
So in September they'll release a course those of us who ordered ahead already have? That's the update?
And how is waiting two months ok?
I'm already regretting this purchase

# 4 DivotMaker @ 07/08/15 11:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheels2121
So in September they'll release a course those of us who ordered ahead already have? That's the update?
That does not mean we will be waiting 2 months for more DLC.....

# 5 manny2012 @ 07/09/15 02:45 AM
Man, I pre-order one day before finding out about the Amazon discount and now find that my 80 dollar preorder bonus is a freebie in no time.

# 6 ChaseB @ 07/09/15 03:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
That does not mean we will be waiting 2 months for more DLC.....
Yeah that's my assumption here as well. Seems like there could certainly be more DLC before then, it's just a heads up that the course will be free eventually for everyone.

# 7 Buddywalker @ 07/09/15 08:07 AM
No replays? That's disapointing for a sports game.

# 8 Nomah5 @ 07/09/15 09:27 AM
Awesome.. I live a block down the street from the course. Will be fun to play my backyard!!

# 9 brandon27 @ 07/09/15 10:01 AM
That's a good move. Smart choice considering the game is shipping with so few courses to begin with. Surprised they're pushing it back to September though. With the negative reaction to the courses included, I figured it would be around August or something.

# 10 mcmax3000 @ 07/09/15 10:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheels2121
How is this any different than every other game that releases their pre-order DLC for everyone a couple of months after launch?

Oh, wait... I know how... It's free.

# 11 ShaunChgo @ 07/11/15 07:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomah5
Awesome.. I live a block down the street from the course. Will be fun to play my backyard!!
Arizona here as well - can't wait to play this course!

# 12 rmaccari @ 07/12/15 11:16 PM
Is the course inside the career mod?

# 13 VTKombat @ 07/13/15 08:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmaccari
Is the course inside the career mod?
Something I would like answered too but I don't think anyone really knows.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.