Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

2K today announced DJ Mustard, DJ Khaled and DJ Premier have combined forces to curate the largest soundtrack in NBA 2K history for NBA 2K16. Each producer created two new tracks exclusively for NBA 2K16 in addition to each curating one of the game’s six in-game playlists.

With more than 50 tracks spanning a diverse mix of genres, NBA 2K16’s soundtrack is by far the biggest yet.

Read the full press release below.

Trio of Award-Winning Producers Bring the Beat to NBA® 2K16 Soundtrack

DJ Mustard, DJ Khaled and DJ Premier collaborate to create biggest soundtrack in NBA 2K history, including six new exclusive tracks

2K today announced that NBA 2K16, the newest iteration of the top-rated video game simulation series for the last 15 years*, will feature the most extensive soundtrack in NBA 2K history with three genre-defining collaborators at the helm - legendary hip-hop producer DJ Premier, renowned producer DJ Khaled, and super-producer DJ Mustard. As one of the most successful entertainment properties of the last decade, NBA 2K16’s partnership brings together their unique creative direction in curating more than 50 tracks and contributing a total of six new exclusive tracks to this year’s title.
  • “I am excited to be a part of the ongoing series of NBA 2K. As a sports fan, it was already fun before the work began. NBA 2K16 will be another big hit, especially alongside DJ Mustard and DJ Khaled bringing our different musical styles to the game.” - DJ Premier
  • “I am honored to collaborate with NBA 2K, which is such a distinguished brand and one of my favorite video games. Basketball and music are two of my favorite things, and I'm excited to light up the soundtrack with my signature sound. Expect the hottest tracks and of course hit music when you press the start button on NBA 2K16! We The Best! Who?!!! NBA 2K16 that's who!!!!” – DJ Khaled
  • “It’s an honor and a blessing to be part of the NBA 2K musical family alongside legends like Pharrell, Jay Z, DJ Premier and DJ Khaled.” - DJ Mustard
NBA 2K16’s soundtrack will be comprised of six in-game playlists, including three lists individually curated by each producer, an international “Around the World” playlist, the 2K Classics Mixtape featuring fan favorites from previous 2K titles, and a master playlist that includes all 50 tracks from this year’s selection. The expansive music library spans a wide range of genres, including hip-hop, electronic, pop, rock and alternative, from throwback tracks from the ‘70s through today’s Top 40, including The Ramones’ “Blitzkrieg Bop,” Nas’ “Represent,” and Zedd’s “I Want You to Know” featuring Selena Gomez.

Gamers will also have the opportunity to listen to all-new instrumental tracks created by each producer, which will be available in-game at various points during the MyPLAYER and MyGM experiences.

“As we continue to identify ways to elevate the NBA 2K franchise for our fans, we wanted to give them more options and choices than ever before with this year’s soundtrack,” said Alfie Brody, Vice President of Marketing for NBA 2K. “By bringing these influential producers onboard, fans will be able to experience in-game music in unique, customizable ways.”

Developed by Visual Concepts, NBA 2K16 is not yet rated by the ESRB. NBA 2K16 will be available for PlayStation®4 system and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, Xbox One and Xbox 360; and Windows PC platforms on September 29, 2015.

Fans can pre-order NBA 2K16 at participating North American retail and online vendors, ensuring they receive their copy and in-game bonuses ahead of the game’s September 29 release date. While game covers will be distributed at random, each game box includes a foldable insert with all 3 individual cover athletes, ensuring the ability to insert the cover of their choice into the front of box.

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 jvalverde88 @ 07/09/15 04:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Love Premier and Mustard....

Hopefully we don't have to hear Khalid's voice during any point during the soundtrack....

EDIT: just read the rest of the info....sounds dope!
This will be fine though:

# 62 24ct @ 07/09/15 04:41 PM
I've always hated the MyPlayer cutscene music and the music going into MyCareer. The loading screen music always sucks. Hopefully they add some cool tunes now. I like the idea of multiple playlists tho. The guys I play with were actually talking about this a lot. The soundtrack is cool but it gets really stale so now the option of having different playlists for different moods or whatever is cool.

I still can't get over the fact they actually added new sounds to the MyPlayer screens tho. That's such a relief because it was really horrible stuff. Like whoever gave the okay on that stuff must be an incredibly lame sound designer lol...

But this is good news.

# 63 k1lo5 @ 07/09/15 04:44 PM
For me a waste of time and resources. I use spotify for my music. Rather 2k spend money on servers!!

sent via galaxy s5 using tapatalk

# 64 Lord Bonium @ 07/09/15 05:58 PM
The most delightful part about an nba 2k soundtrack is the ability to turn the music levels all the way down to zero. I'm pretty sure i'd go insane if i had to endure that vile sin-filled poison every time i choose to boot up the game to own some noobs.

Edit: Good to know our VC money is well spent...

# 65 KingTocco @ 07/09/15 06:06 PM
Man some of y'all are so negative

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 66 cavsfan2 @ 07/09/15 06:09 PM
Usually not a fan of DJ Khaled, but I'm really excited about this stuff. Having multiple playlists will help keep the music from getting old as you can just switch the playlist every month or so. Good stuff 2K.

# 67 NDAlum @ 07/09/15 06:36 PM
"We the best music"

*cringes*

Hopefully that isn't said anywhere ever lol

# 68 NDAlum @ 07/09/15 06:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WISports
No country music once again?

#discrimination

Seriously tho, there are plenty of up-beat country songs that could be used. Florida Georgia Line have a few that could be used.
That's like putting these DJ's in a bass pro fishing video game lol

# 69 JUSTlFIED @ 07/09/15 06:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hootiefish
Let me be that guy - WTF is a DJ Mustard. That may be the worst DJ name I've ever heard. And DJ Khaled is garbage.

Finally, don't try and hype your track listing by mentioning a song featuring Selena Gomez.
His real name is Dijon (like the mustard)

# 70 HoodedSoldier @ 07/09/15 06:53 PM
DJ Khaled is not a DJ or a producer. Get him out of there asap!

# 71 wallofhate @ 07/09/15 07:37 PM
I just hope they have arena music that plays in stadiums.

# 72 Godgers12 @ 07/09/15 08:17 PM
If it's nothing but that hip hop crap again, I'll just stick to spotify again. Seriously is it too much to ask to get a rock or metal track somewhere on the track?

# 73 coolcras7 @ 07/09/15 09:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godgers12
If it's nothing but that hip hop crap again, I'll just stick to spotify again. Seriously is it too much to ask to get a rock or metal track somewhere on the track?
Glad you read the OP, where it said there would be tracks from previous 2k games, that varies beyond hip hop, but that would require reading and understanding before reacting. here you go i made it simple for you.

"NBA 2K16’s soundtrack will be comprised of six in-game playlists, including three lists individually curated by each producer, an international “Around the World” playlist, the 2K Classics Mixtape featuring fan favorites from previous 2K titles, and a master playlist that includes all 50 tracks from this year’s selection. The expansive music library spans a wide range of genres, including hip-hop, electronic, pop, rock and alternative, from throwback tracks from the ‘70s through today’s Top 40, including The Ramones’ “Blitzkrieg Bop,” Nas’ “Represent,” and Zedd’s “I Want You to Know” featuring Selena Gomez"

# 74 tril @ 07/09/15 10:12 PM
Khaled to Lebron

Khaled: "Say my name"

Lebron: "DJ Khaled"

Khaled: "Say my name"

Lebron: "DJ Khaled"

Khaled: " you're smart, you're very smart, your loyal"

# 75 AdamJones113 @ 07/09/15 10:23 PM
As someone who doesn't like hip-hop (save a few isolated songs/raps) and thinks the soundtracks these days are getting worse and worse, I like this announcement. Reminds me a little of FIFA World Cup 2010's international soundtrack, and if that comes with hip hop, that's a fair combination.

Good job.

# 76 jvalverde88 @ 07/09/15 11:32 PM
Quote:
Yeah, I doubt any NBA fans like country music.

How ignorant of you.

I LOVE the NBA. Even more than NFL or MLB. And I'm a huge country music fan. Maybe I'm the only one.
Way to make a mountain out of a mole hill, its quite obvious that a huge majority of basketball fans listen to hip hop. Nowhere in his post did he said what you insinuated.

# 77 10 @ 07/10/15 12:02 AM
They're adding six playlists with over 50 songs and still getting complaints. There's no way for them to cater to every fan's preference but it seems like they are making a legitimate effort to please a lot of people here. At this point if you're still complaining about "hip hop crap" being on a basketball game I honestly don't know what to tell you. You don't have to be fan but know that the vast majority of people playing this game are and obviously the vast majority of the soundtrack is going to reflect that. Negativity from some of you guys is crazy. I can't think of any game that puts as much effort into a soundtrack as 2k. In the last few years we've had Jay Z/Kanye and Pharrell create soundtracks. Like it or not those are huge names and it's still a big deal to have them. Remember it could be worse and be Madden's endless loop of one theme song.

# 78 demunnj @ 07/10/15 12:39 AM
Quote:
No country music once again?

#discrimination

Seriously tho, there are plenty of up-beat country songs that could be used. Florida Georgia Line have a few that could be used.

Who wants country in a NBA video game... Seriously

# 79 demunnj @ 07/10/15 12:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godgers12

This is a NBA game, you never hear Rick or metal on TNT our ESPN when it's game time

# 80 reptilexcq @ 07/10/15 12:58 AM
I generally don't like any of the 2K music especially the ones from Pharrell. They're not my type of music. I wish they just add some of the modern pop that you heard every day on radio instead of hiring people that you never heard of doing techno soundtrack and some uninteresting bits.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.