Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

2K today announced DJ Mustard, DJ Khaled and DJ Premier have combined forces to curate the largest soundtrack in NBA 2K history for NBA 2K16. Each producer created two new tracks exclusively for NBA 2K16 in addition to each curating one of the game’s six in-game playlists.

With more than 50 tracks spanning a diverse mix of genres, NBA 2K16’s soundtrack is by far the biggest yet.

Read the full press release below.

Trio of Award-Winning Producers Bring the Beat to NBA® 2K16 Soundtrack

DJ Mustard, DJ Khaled and DJ Premier collaborate to create biggest soundtrack in NBA 2K history, including six new exclusive tracks

2K today announced that NBA 2K16, the newest iteration of the top-rated video game simulation series for the last 15 years*, will feature the most extensive soundtrack in NBA 2K history with three genre-defining collaborators at the helm - legendary hip-hop producer DJ Premier, renowned producer DJ Khaled, and super-producer DJ Mustard. As one of the most successful entertainment properties of the last decade, NBA 2K16’s partnership brings together their unique creative direction in curating more than 50 tracks and contributing a total of six new exclusive tracks to this year’s title.
  • “I am excited to be a part of the ongoing series of NBA 2K. As a sports fan, it was already fun before the work began. NBA 2K16 will be another big hit, especially alongside DJ Mustard and DJ Khaled bringing our different musical styles to the game.” - DJ Premier
  • “I am honored to collaborate with NBA 2K, which is such a distinguished brand and one of my favorite video games. Basketball and music are two of my favorite things, and I'm excited to light up the soundtrack with my signature sound. Expect the hottest tracks and of course hit music when you press the start button on NBA 2K16! We The Best! Who?!!! NBA 2K16 that's who!!!!” – DJ Khaled
  • “It’s an honor and a blessing to be part of the NBA 2K musical family alongside legends like Pharrell, Jay Z, DJ Premier and DJ Khaled.” - DJ Mustard
NBA 2K16’s soundtrack will be comprised of six in-game playlists, including three lists individually curated by each producer, an international “Around the World” playlist, the 2K Classics Mixtape featuring fan favorites from previous 2K titles, and a master playlist that includes all 50 tracks from this year’s selection. The expansive music library spans a wide range of genres, including hip-hop, electronic, pop, rock and alternative, from throwback tracks from the ‘70s through today’s Top 40, including The Ramones’ “Blitzkrieg Bop,” Nas’ “Represent,” and Zedd’s “I Want You to Know” featuring Selena Gomez.

Gamers will also have the opportunity to listen to all-new instrumental tracks created by each producer, which will be available in-game at various points during the MyPLAYER and MyGM experiences.

“As we continue to identify ways to elevate the NBA 2K franchise for our fans, we wanted to give them more options and choices than ever before with this year’s soundtrack,” said Alfie Brody, Vice President of Marketing for NBA 2K. “By bringing these influential producers onboard, fans will be able to experience in-game music in unique, customizable ways.”

Developed by Visual Concepts, NBA 2K16 is not yet rated by the ESRB. NBA 2K16 will be available for PlayStation®4 system and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, Xbox One and Xbox 360; and Windows PC platforms on September 29, 2015.

Fans can pre-order NBA 2K16 at participating North American retail and online vendors, ensuring they receive their copy and in-game bonuses ahead of the game’s September 29 release date. While game covers will be distributed at random, each game box includes a foldable insert with all 3 individual cover athletes, ensuring the ability to insert the cover of their choice into the front of box.

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 WishListGOD 1 OF 2 @ 07/10/15 01:07 AM
Anything thats not Pharrel is a step in the right direction. Can we get some rock/metal this time?

# 82 YaBoial @ 07/10/15 09:41 AM
we need good hip-hop quality lyric songs in this game. bball and hip hop are intertwined greatly. and all that pop, rock, and others do not need to be in the game. not being biased just saying, how many baseball games do you hear hip hop songs on?

# 83 TracerBullet @ 07/10/15 10:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Love Premier and Mustard....

Hopefully we don't have to hear Khalid's voice during any point during the soundtrack....

EDIT: just read the rest of the info....sounds dope!
I hope "DJ KHALEEEEED!" or "WE DA BEST!" is the first thing you hear when you turn the game on. You already had enough getting what you want this offseason.

# 84 King_B_Mack @ 07/10/15 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TracerBullet
I hope "DJ KHALEEEEED!" or "WE DA BEST!" is the first thing you hear when you turn the game on. You already had enough getting what you want this offseason.

I wish I could 'like' this post more than once. It's spreading Two Four. We mobilizing the troops on y'all greedy asses in silver and black

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 85 NDAlum @ 07/10/15 01:19 PM
Even bringing up Khaled makes me want to yell "WE THE BEST MUSIC"

There's a good chance I get divorced when the wife hears that like 30x a day when I play 2K16.

# 86 24ct @ 07/10/15 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WISports
Hmm, let me think. Maybe people who like country music?

And I've heard country music played at numerous arenas. Like I said, there are tons of upbeat country songs. Why not cater to everybody?

No Doubt was in 2K15. Is that considered "basketball music" to you? I mean, it's not hip hop, so it can't be. Right?
IDK about that guy you quoted but No Doubt is basically POP which is POPULAR Music will always be apart of the NBA whether it's hip hop, electronic or whatever. I'm not saying the game should only feature rap either but just because you hear country music in some arenas (which I've never) doesn't mean you'll ever hear it on a games that's broadcast nationally. By that I mean as they go to commercial break or play highlights for commercials. Like when have you ever seen basketball highlights to country music????

The music in the arenas comes from the DJ that's inside and maybe from owners and maybe even players sometimes. The closest thing I've ever heard to country on an actual broadcast with highlights is that NFL song.

Personally I like all genre's except country music lol but regardless it won't ever be in an NBA game bruh. Just be honest man. I could see maybe stadium music but def not in the main menus. They could definitely use some rock music but we don't even know what's actually on the soundtrack yet.

I just hope this means they'll have cool little commercials and stuff with actual music in game. That would actually make sense given some of the songs they picked. Like even that Zedd & Selena song would be played going to a commercial during the playoffs/regular season eventually. The break is hype and sounds just like something they would cut to commercial with.

# 87 The 24th Letter @ 07/10/15 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TracerBullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
I wish I could 'like' this post more than once. It's spreading Two Four. We mobilizing the troops on y'all greedy asses in silver and black

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just seeing this now that the quote feature is working again, ya'll are grimey man...

# 88 aholbert32 @ 07/10/15 02:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godgers12
If it's nothing but that hip hop crap again, I'll just stick to spotify again. Seriously is it too much to ask to get a rock or metal track somewhere on the track?
The large majority of basketball fans arent big fans of rock or metal. They like "hip hop crap." You are the minority. LOL.

# 89 aholbert32 @ 07/10/15 02:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WISports
Hmm, let me think. Maybe people who like country music?

And I've heard country music played at numerous arenas. Like I said, there are tons of upbeat country songs. Why not cater to everybody?

No Doubt was in 2K15. Is that considered "basketball music" to you? I mean, it's not hip hop, so it can't be. Right?
Hmm. Which arenas? I've been to probably half of the arenas in the NBA over the last 7-8 yrs and I've never heard country played in any of them.

I've been to LA, DC, San Antonio, Both NY arenas, Atlanta, Philly, Boston, Chicago, OKC, Miami, Oakland and Charlotte.

Maybe I heard a country song in OKC but I dont remember it at all. Even still the large majority of songs were pop.

I'm a Wizard season ticket holder and the owner tried to switch up the music to organ music and only pop like 3 yrs ago and the fans and players complained. Now that **** is like walking into a hip hop nightclub.

# 90 nyqu1st @ 07/10/15 02:59 PM
Can't take the soundtrack serious when the guy's name is DJ Mustard. NBA Live soundtrack was lit this year.

# 91 lakers24 @ 07/10/15 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyqu1st
Can't take the soundtrack serious when the guy's name is DJ Mustard. NBA Live soundtrack was lit this year.
Well, if memory serves me correctly a couple tracks on Live had DJ Mustard beats. Just saying lol.

# 92 SeaTownGamer @ 07/10/15 03:44 PM
Quote:

DJ Mustard is one of the hottest producers today. Smh. Have u been living under a rock? The dude makes a lot of hit records today that u hear on tv or the radio.

# 93 SeaTownGamer @ 07/10/15 03:54 PM
Those who haven't heard of Mustard haven't heard any of these songs..?

# 94 Hustle Westbrook @ 07/10/15 04:14 PM
People acting like 2Ks soundtrack only consists of that "hip-hop crap" are funny.

There's been plenty of non hip-hop songs in past 2Ks.

NBA 2K11

2K12
Spoiler

NBA 2K13
Spoiler

NBA 2K14
Spoiler

NBA 2K15
Spoiler

# 95 nyqu1st @ 07/10/15 05:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakers24
Well, if memory serves me correctly a couple tracks on Live had DJ Mustard beats. Just saying lol.
I don't believe so. Even if it did ... the small percentage of his beats doesn't reflect the majority. Just saying.

# 96 lakers24 @ 07/10/15 05:17 PM
Quote:
I don't believe so. Even if it did ... the small percentage of his beats doesn't reflect the majority. Just saying.
That's incorrect as off the top of my head I remember Don't Tell Em by Jeremih being on the soundtrack. Also, you act as if there aren't other producers or the fact that they are curating the music and not making entirely new songs for it outside of a couple apiece. Either way, he's been one of the hottest producers out for like the last 2-3 years and his name won't change whether his song choices are good or not.

# 97 nyqu1st @ 07/10/15 05:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaTownGamer
DJ Mustard is one of the hottest producers today. Smh. Have u been living under a rock? The dude makes a lot of hit records today that u hear on tv or the radio.
Are you ******** or what? If you can find where I stated that I've never heard of this clown then I will happily post a thorough letter apologizing to you.

I've definitely heard his work and it's unimpressive. I guess you shouldn't expect much from a guy named 'DJ Mustard'. This is the part in my post before last where it must have went past your mental capacity. I was referring to his name being unprofessional and goofy and that his work matches. Anyways, You still listen to the radio in 2015?

# 98 aholbert32 @ 07/10/15 05:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustle Westbrook
People acting like 2Ks soundtrack only consists of that "hip-hop crap" are funny.

There's been plenty of non hip-hop songs in past 2Ks.
I know. NBA2k15 had Lorde on its soundtrack...Lorde.

# 99 nyqu1st @ 07/10/15 05:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakers24
That's incorrect as off the top of my head I remember Don't Tell Em by Jeremih being on the soundtrack. Also, you act as if there aren't other producers or the fact that they are curating the music and not making entirely new songs for it outside of a couple apiece. Either way, he's been one of the hottest producers out for like the last 2-3 years and his name won't change whether his song choices are good or not.
That song sucked lol. Like I said... the small majority of beats by this guy doesn't reflect the whole soundtrack. I was referring to Bronson, Flatbush, Bishop nehru, g-eazy, etc.

# 100 The 24th Letter @ 07/10/15 05:24 PM
I just know they better have "Ok Player" on the classic 2k playlist...

That was my ****

I think that was like NBA 2K3

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.