Home
Madden NFL 16 News Post

EA Sports has just posted their Madden NFL 16 presentation details. Madden fans will see "On the Field" cameras, which really get close to the action, during their biggest moments. Whether that be touchdowns, sacks or trash talking. They have also added a new Wirecam, which is similar to a broadcast Wirecam, but much better, since it is positioned right next to the QB.

Improving the crowds was one of the many improvements for Living Worlds. You will see crowd props, including rally towels for the stadiums that feature them, fan signs, foam fingers and female fans in the game. Crowd signs will be team specific, and you will see fans head track the action on the field. The stadium atmosphere has been improved with team specific chants and fight songs.

Everyone in the crowd and on the sidelines will wear official apparel from the NFL shop. This includes jackets, long sleeves, winter hats, and other weather-appropriate gear. Speaking of weather-appropriate gear, you won't see any members of the media wearing shorts or kneeling in the snow this year, you will see them in their appropriate colored media vests.

The Steadicam operator cameraman will be seen in various places during the game. He will actually come out on the field and get an ISO closeup shot after touchdowns. Some of the post play action shots will be seen from his vantage point.

Quote:
Post-play behaviors continues to get a huge push with more signature celebrations and related content, as well as the addition of opposing team post-play interactions. There was a big focus on cleaning up behavior after the play, including pile avoidance, how players decelerate, and how/when they react with one another. The team also added new animations for when players are frustrated with whomever is on the other side of the line.

All-new “Drive Starters” add more context and storytelling to our commentary this year. Drive Starters take place on each change of possession, and provide storytelling commentary and visuals to highlight key performances and game trends. With more than 200 unique story types and hundreds of commentary improvements, Drive Starters tell the story of a game like never before.

On the audio side, the team went to great lengths to ensure Madden NFL 16 is the best-sounding game in franchise history. The return of EA Trax allowed us to implement several new events to play in stadiums during games, and new IR Reverb tech gives each stadium a whole new feel.

Read more about the Madden NFL 16 presentations here.

Madden NFL 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 16Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 24 - View All
Madden NFL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 The JareBear @ 07/09/15 02:42 PM
Nice, hopefully the improvements to living worlds and all the new stuff is noticeable in the actual game.

Is there any word on if they have full presentation elements for user games? Maybe I missed it.

# 2 TheBleedingRed21 @ 07/09/15 02:43 PM
ITS OVER! The wait is....

OVER!!!!!!!!!

# 3 Gossennator @ 07/09/15 02:47 PM
Quote:
new IR Reverb tech gives each stadium a whole new feel.
Just call it reverb guys, seriously.

Nice additions but nothing ground breaking.

# 4 sir psycho @ 07/09/15 02:49 PM
The living worlds stuff looks pretty good. The "drive starters" commentary could also be a good addition if done right.

Overall, nothing really blew me away(not that I was expecting it to), but just a bunch of solid additions. Here's hoping that the score-ticker finally returns for next year!

# 5 TerryP @ 07/09/15 02:50 PM
Sounds good. A short video to highlight at least some of the improvements would've been nice though.

# 6 sectiona21 @ 07/09/15 02:52 PM
Pure disappointment again from EA.

Another year of ignoring the community and trying to hype up a bunch of garbage.

A purchase of this is highly doubtful.

# 7 charter04 @ 07/09/15 02:54 PM
Nice improvements. I'm glad they are still working on living worlds instead of just forgetting it.

They didn't mention sidelines though. Sounds it's going to be the same.

I wonder how much of this will be utilized in user v user online CFM games.

# 8 CFTejada @ 07/09/15 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sectiona21

Another year of ignoring the community and trying to hype up a bunch of garbage.

okay.......

# 9 CFTejada @ 07/09/15 02:54 PM
A step in the right direction, pretty excited for Madden 16.

# 10 aholbert32 @ 07/09/15 02:55 PM
Quote:

What did they ignore? The only thing I can think of is an ingame ticker with stats from across the league.

People wanted improved crowds and they got them.
People wanted the sideline people to wear appropriate gear
Better crowd intelligence....thats in.

Plus they added a bunch of other things.

# 11 charter04 @ 07/09/15 02:55 PM
Quote:

What were you expecting or hoping they would announce?

# 12 chen_sc @ 07/09/15 02:58 PM
The wire cam is pretty cool, looking forward to see it in action.
However, I am very disappointed by the lack of major broadcast improvements:
No 'around the league scores' ticker, no weekly wrap-up show, no multiple broadcast networks and commentary teams.
I still don't get the point of this 'beyond broadcast' presentation.

# 13 DeuceDouglas @ 07/09/15 02:58 PM
Wish they had some videos to show some of this stuff off. I like the signature celebrations stadium specific content but I wish they would tell us exactly which ones were included. The crowd stuff looks nice. The crowd looks really good in the screenshots. The cameraman and wirecam on-field is a nice touch. The monoliths see nice too, think they need to be more head on but they look good.

Not a fan of the "beyond the broadcast" approach. The "on the field" cameras were something I always disliked about NCAA and I've never liked the way they looked. Same goes for the dynamic feedback stuff. I'll have to wait and see but as of right now I'm hoping there's a way to turn that off.

# 14 munky1307 @ 07/09/15 03:00 PM
Baby steps in the right direction. A ticker would be nice. Was hoping to hear something about halftime which means it's probably untouched. Not a huge deal though. Improvements none the less.

# 15 ginix @ 07/09/15 03:00 PM
Love some of the new additions and especially what they're doing with the crowds.

'While we respect broadcast and the way they produce NFL games, our team does not have to worry about restrictions like player and cameraman safety in the game.'

This quote concerns me though. I'd rather they kept it realistic and not have camera angles that could only be taken if the camera man was right next to the QB.

# 16 Steve_OS @ 07/09/15 03:10 PM
Quote:

There are plenty of other things the team worked on, this news item just happens to be about presentation. If you want to read about more Madden NFL 16 details that were previously released, take a look at the link. They have worked on much more than presentation elements.

http://www.operationsports.com/games...madden-nfl-16/

# 17 aholbert32 @ 07/09/15 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chen_sc
The wire cam is pretty cool, looking forward to see it in action.
However, I am very disappointed by the lack of major broadcast improvements:
No 'around the league scores' ticker, no weekly wrap-up show, no multiple broadcast networks and commentary teams.
I still don't get the point of this 'beyond broadcast' presentation.
I sometimes think our expectations are a bit too high. Multiple broadcast teams? I've only seen one game pull this off (NCAA Basketball) and even that was done pretty poorly and was repetitive.

****, we have people here still complaining about the current broadcast team and how repetitive they are and now people are asking for them to add a second broadcast team?

The other stuff is definitely cool but I always wonder how many casualfans actually watched the weekly wrap up shows in past versions of Madden, NFL 2k, NCAA 2k etc. I'd guess that the numbers are low and the dev team isnt willing to put development time into something that is used primarily by a minority of their audience.

# 18 redsox4evur @ 07/09/15 03:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pats3912
Or are we going to be able to custom our stadium music?
Nope don't think that is possible this generation. But I do wonder how it will affect stadium sounds.

# 19 Hassan Darkside @ 07/09/15 03:18 PM
Quote:
One of our favorite additions this year are the female fans that are now in attendance!
I literally laughed out loud.

# 20 redsox4evur @ 07/09/15 03:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32

The other stuff is definitely cool but I always wonder how many casual fans actually watched the weekly wrap up shows in past versions of Madden, NFL 2k, NCAA 2k etc. I'd guess that the numbers are low and the dev team isnt willing to put development time into something that is used primarily by a minority of their audience.
I can attest as a semi-casual fan I would a through it if I had an option. In FIFA I never listen to scores from games around the league or tournament. I will sometimes read the news articles but not really that often. Only during the transfer windows.

« Previous1234567891516Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.