Home
Madden NFL 16 News Post

EA Sports has just posted their Madden NFL 16 presentation details. Madden fans will see "On the Field" cameras, which really get close to the action, during their biggest moments. Whether that be touchdowns, sacks or trash talking. They have also added a new Wirecam, which is similar to a broadcast Wirecam, but much better, since it is positioned right next to the QB.

Improving the crowds was one of the many improvements for Living Worlds. You will see crowd props, including rally towels for the stadiums that feature them, fan signs, foam fingers and female fans in the game. Crowd signs will be team specific, and you will see fans head track the action on the field. The stadium atmosphere has been improved with team specific chants and fight songs.

Everyone in the crowd and on the sidelines will wear official apparel from the NFL shop. This includes jackets, long sleeves, winter hats, and other weather-appropriate gear. Speaking of weather-appropriate gear, you won't see any members of the media wearing shorts or kneeling in the snow this year, you will see them in their appropriate colored media vests.

The Steadicam operator cameraman will be seen in various places during the game. He will actually come out on the field and get an ISO closeup shot after touchdowns. Some of the post play action shots will be seen from his vantage point.

Quote:
Post-play behaviors continues to get a huge push with more signature celebrations and related content, as well as the addition of opposing team post-play interactions. There was a big focus on cleaning up behavior after the play, including pile avoidance, how players decelerate, and how/when they react with one another. The team also added new animations for when players are frustrated with whomever is on the other side of the line.

All-new “Drive Starters” add more context and storytelling to our commentary this year. Drive Starters take place on each change of possession, and provide storytelling commentary and visuals to highlight key performances and game trends. With more than 200 unique story types and hundreds of commentary improvements, Drive Starters tell the story of a game like never before.

On the audio side, the team went to great lengths to ensure Madden NFL 16 is the best-sounding game in franchise history. The return of EA Trax allowed us to implement several new events to play in stadiums during games, and new IR Reverb tech gives each stadium a whole new feel.

Read more about the Madden NFL 16 presentations here.

Madden NFL 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 16Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 24 - View All
Madden NFL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 281 King Cardinal @ 07/16/15 09:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMD
I'm a Chiefs fan and my fear is if they put this in the game it will come under attack and be labeled racist by the over sensitives in this country, just as the Redskins logo and name has.
Well, FSU had the Chop song and it worked just fine.

# 282 Danimal @ 07/16/15 09:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
I was told by one of the devs that they believe the Tomahawk Chop for Arrowhead is part of the team chants.
I'm sorry how does one the the devs "believe" it is in the game? He either knows it or he doesn't at this point in the process.

Don't post vague things like this unless you're going to cite your source.

# 283 jpdavis82 @ 07/16/15 10:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danimal
I'm sorry how does one the the devs "believe" it is in the game? He either knows it or he doesn't at this point in the process.

Noted, I deleted the post.

# 284 Moegames @ 07/16/15 05:08 PM
Gamechanger guys or devs..Please pass this on to the team if you could or jot down these suggestions for us. I know i can speak for others on this stuff. Anyone else that has any last minute suggestions..add to this if you want.

Looking over some of the more recent M16 game play vids...It's great to see a lot of improvement on animations,etc...the player emotion after plays don't necessarily need to be over done though...what i mean is pumping of fists,etc should be there but not too frequent...if anything, there needs to be more subtle more varied jogging * walking animations back to the huddle and sidelines,etc. Not just switching camera angles. More player on player chatter animations, slapping of butts,players pulling grass out of other players helmets,tying shoelaces that come undone,etc..stuff thats the real deal, the skies the limit..the idea's are endless if you put your mind to it. All of it is crucial but there has got to be a big amount of this in order to keep the game feeling fresh and fluid.

IMPORTANT: Before i forget let me add this to the top of my list. The audio of player on player physicality of gridiron needs to be revamped & amplified. More clashing sounds of helmets, more grunts and groans,etc...this stuff has been dated with madden for eons. It's time to revamp the on-the-field sounds of clashing hogs and tackles. One quick example...2k5, listen to the banging and grunting going on..the sound is right on that game, well for its time it was. In this particular aspect of NFL video game football..the sound in this regard should be amplified..almost a bit over-the-top but not in a bad way..to a point where it's still believable but since it is a video game..the sound really sparks up atmosphere. Boys will be boys no matter the age..these little things go a long way when presenting excitement. Listen to 2k5 clashing, groans and moans..while dated with today's standards in terms of audio tech (the simplicity then vs. now), it still hits the bullseye in approach imho https://youtu.be/n-nJbCrQZ3c?t=5m26s PS - Adding just another sound layer over current grunts,groans clashing, banging, impact audio could be a quick fix that might do wonders..it can be generic ..but i know it would do justice for current state that it is. Raising the sound level is really needed at least..it's way too low but i suggest a revamp and amplify the sound level.

Back on topic: I think there needs to be a good healthy balance of excitement after plays and subtle walking and jogging animations, high fives and other varied subtle sequences of players...it's sorta like the crowds for example...i seen way too many twirling of fan hankies or pom poms lol....this also needs to be adjusted to be more varied. All one has to do is look at real game play footage of a stadium that's hyped a lot..like Seahawk fans ...you will see its more varied and mixed animations of fans...not overly done with excitement even though seahawks are some of the most charged up fans around. Well same thing can be said with player emotions. It's good to make sure its not overly done but on the flip side..its no good to make it moot atmosphere. A good way to go about this is to add many more subtle post-play animations of player emotions or just players jogging,etc...just switching camera angles is NOT gonna cut it..that's taking short cuts that eventually harm the atmosphere when the human eye starts to see that. Just a bit of advice from a presentation/atmosphere freak that i am lol.

Anyways, I really like the progress made, Tiburon!! You guys have really made some super strides in cleaning up the presentation/atmosphere side of things. Although i would highly suggest that you guys get a quality half-time show done with recaps of other on-going games...even during gameplay..cut away from the current game and show some other games in progress where a notable TD or play has been made...Again just like what we would see on TV!!

One last thing - Keep pushing on these player emotions and pre/post play sequences of players, fans,etc..this stuff in all honestly help make the game fun to play...but the key to all this is to get rid of repeating animations and make sure there are ENOUGH or should i say a PLETHORA of varied sequences pre/post play animations.

PS: Make sure to fix that pre kick off animation of players jumping up and down right before the kicker kicks off the ball where we see two players doing the same jumping up and down animation(s)...i see this animation way over used ....waaaaaaay too much. Again...more, many more of pre/post play animations of players will fix this and also bring more SOUL to this game of pigskin.

PS PS: Next year you guys should really look at bringing play-by-play to a new level of excitement and of course much more varied chatter by the play by play guys...and that it all flows ..sorta like that old 2k game.

# 285 mastershake88 @ 07/17/15 02:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMD
I'm a Chiefs fan and my fear is if they put this in the game it will come under attack and be labeled racist by the over sensitives in this country, just as the Redskins logo and name has.
It's not a sense of over sensitive. It's people who have a background who feel offended. Maybe if more people cared about one another. This wouldn't be an issue.

# 286 iLLWiLL @ 07/17/15 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMD
Meh. No need for politics in this forum.

# 287 aholbert32 @ 07/20/15 10:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danimal

I think you are being a bit hard on JP. I work for a TV network. You could ask me when a show on my network will debut. I could say "I believe it debuts in November" based on things I've heard. But I'm in the legal department so I'm not 100% sure.

Same situation here. One of the non sound devs believes it may be in the game based on what he's heard but he doesnt know for sure.

# 288 therealsmallville @ 07/22/15 05:09 PM
Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere, but I couldn't find it if it was. I have a friend who's a massive Dolphins fan...will their stadium show the renovation upgrades in year 2 & 3 of CCM? It's common for EA to put in future stadiums (Levi's replaced Candlestick in year 2 in M25 for example), but with the Fins stadium undergoing such a drastic change he was curious if it would be in M16 or not.

# 289 Hova57 @ 07/22/15 10:18 PM
When it comes to renovation it be cool if during breaks in the game in it goes to areas you improved during your season. It sounds kinds corny but still would be cool

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

# 290 warhorseballa06 @ 07/28/15 03:40 PM
[they should have brought in collinsworth and al michaels, nance and kelly suck

# 291 warhorseballa06 @ 07/28/15 03:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hassan Darkside
I don't buy this. NCAA Football had fully customizable stadium sounds too. It's just a low priority more than likely.
exactly i dont know what that guy was talking about. he may be a young buck who was in elementary at the time and didnt know any better lol..it was on ps3 how could it not be a ready for ps4

# 292 Cowboy008 @ 07/28/15 04:06 PM
I hope the presentation has improved this year. One thing that I was thinking about though is that the video highlight they show when the QB walks onto the field for the first time. What's going to happen when that player changes teams or when we draft a QB? Are we just going to see a black screen with nothing on it? Also the new thing that shows stats during a game will it show season stats for that player when he runs for a td, gets a sack, etc. or is it just going to show the stats for that game?

# 293 jbd345 @ 07/29/15 12:46 PM
Really hope bills shout is in the game. It was mysteriously absent in '15.

# 294 SunTunic @ 08/02/15 06:47 AM
Madden 16 needs a Multiple broadcast teams, the broadcast there now in madden 15 keep saying the same thing an don't sound like your in a real NFL game...where you hear in a "NFL game the Field got shrunk" like you see in NBA 2k15 right before the game, an in the intermission...

# 295 vstro @ 08/03/15 08:08 AM
Does anyone know if they updated the Browns stadium again this year? Last year they did a very poor attempt in updating it based on the renovations the Browns did.

# 296 iLLWiLL @ 08/03/15 12:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunTunic
Madden 16 needs a Multiple broadcast teams, the broadcast there now in madden 15 keep saying the same thing an don't sound like your in a real NFL game...where you hear in a "NFL game the Field got shrunk" like you see in NBA 2k15 right before the game, an in the intermission...

It's costly enough to dev teams to have one set of announcers. And many broadcasters either don't have the time or care to put in the time to record hundreds of lines of commentary. Multiple broadcast teams has never been done before in games if I'm not mistaken, so I wouldn't expect Madden to have it any time soon. I'm fine with Nantz & Simms -- as long as their commentary is in the ballpark, commentary is not all that big of a deal for me personally.

# 297 iLLWiLL @ 08/03/15 01:01 PM
Anyone know if we are getting Twitch developer livestreams this year???

Last year we had 3 livestreams by Aug 7 ...

# 298 Reed1417 @ 08/03/15 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLWiLL
It's costly enough to dev teams to have one set of announcers. And many broadcasters either don't have the time or care to put in the time to record hundreds of lines of commentary. Multiple broadcast teams has never been done before in games if I'm not mistaken, so I wouldn't expect Madden to have it any time soon. I'm fine with Nantz & Simms -- as long as their commentary is in the ballpark, commentary is not all that big of a deal for me personally.

Just so you know I believe it was the last NCAA Basketball game by EA had 2 different commentary teams, one for ESPN and the other for CBS. Which was really cool! Someone can correct me if I'm wrong on that though.

Reed is comin' atcha!!

# 299 iLLWiLL @ 08/03/15 01:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reed1417
Just so you know I believe it was the last NCAA Basketball game by EA had 2 different commentary teams, one for ESPN and the other for CBS. Which was really cool! Someone can correct me if I'm wrong on that though.

Reed is comin' atcha!!

Wow that is amazing if true

# 300 LeBlonde James @ 08/03/15 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reed1417

Reed is comin' atcha!!
I remember that, but not sure what game it was. Also fifa has two sets of broadcast teams in English...maybe more in other languages, I'm not certain.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.