Home
Madden NFL 16 News Post

EA Sports has just posted their Madden NFL 16 presentation details. Madden fans will see "On the Field" cameras, which really get close to the action, during their biggest moments. Whether that be touchdowns, sacks or trash talking. They have also added a new Wirecam, which is similar to a broadcast Wirecam, but much better, since it is positioned right next to the QB.

Improving the crowds was one of the many improvements for Living Worlds. You will see crowd props, including rally towels for the stadiums that feature them, fan signs, foam fingers and female fans in the game. Crowd signs will be team specific, and you will see fans head track the action on the field. The stadium atmosphere has been improved with team specific chants and fight songs.

Everyone in the crowd and on the sidelines will wear official apparel from the NFL shop. This includes jackets, long sleeves, winter hats, and other weather-appropriate gear. Speaking of weather-appropriate gear, you won't see any members of the media wearing shorts or kneeling in the snow this year, you will see them in their appropriate colored media vests.

The Steadicam operator cameraman will be seen in various places during the game. He will actually come out on the field and get an ISO closeup shot after touchdowns. Some of the post play action shots will be seen from his vantage point.

Quote:
Post-play behaviors continues to get a huge push with more signature celebrations and related content, as well as the addition of opposing team post-play interactions. There was a big focus on cleaning up behavior after the play, including pile avoidance, how players decelerate, and how/when they react with one another. The team also added new animations for when players are frustrated with whomever is on the other side of the line.

All-new “Drive Starters” add more context and storytelling to our commentary this year. Drive Starters take place on each change of possession, and provide storytelling commentary and visuals to highlight key performances and game trends. With more than 200 unique story types and hundreds of commentary improvements, Drive Starters tell the story of a game like never before.

On the audio side, the team went to great lengths to ensure Madden NFL 16 is the best-sounding game in franchise history. The return of EA Trax allowed us to implement several new events to play in stadiums during games, and new IR Reverb tech gives each stadium a whole new feel.

Read more about the Madden NFL 16 presentations here.

Madden NFL 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 16Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 24 - View All
Madden NFL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 Dogslax41 @ 07/09/15 05:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboy_kmoney
Hoping this means we will here them talk about the superbowl winners and losers. Plus the player that won the MVP of the superbowl. Just hope they went deep this year.
This times 10 this is one of the single most annoying things in Madden

# 62 jpdavis82 @ 07/09/15 05:16 PM
I am disappointed they didn't talk about halftime, we know from the E3 videos they at least added the wider replay angles, I'd like to hear more about what they did because they were still working on it last thine I played.

# 63 Junior Moe @ 07/09/15 05:17 PM
Excited to see the "living worlds" with respect to the crowd. Never played NHL but it looked good from the videos I saw. Everything else, while nice, is kinda underwhelming. I was hoping to hear about network presentation (CBS, NFL Network or ESPN) being introduced. Maybe next year...Anyway, cant wait to give it a spin with EA Access.

# 64 aholbert32 @ 07/09/15 05:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
I hate when EA does this beyond broadcast ****. Nobody asks for that. Perfect what they do in real life first. Can you give us that first? Other than that I like the sound of the improvements, but once again, have to see how they play out in the retail. None of this stuff is ever as good as they make it sound in these blogs.

This was probably the most underwhelming blog, but they did address things we were asking for, and added alot of things we didn't. Hope it pays off for them.
It depends on what you are looking for. Sim fans typically want their game to look like whats on TV. There are other fans though who want the game to look like it is on the field....as if you were actually playing the game. I think this is a decent middle ground.

# 65 aholbert32 @ 07/09/15 05:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Moe
Excited to see the "living worlds" with respect to the crowd. Never played NHL but it looked good from the videos I saw. Everything else, while nice, is kinda underwhelming. I was hoping to hear about network presentation (CBS, NFL Network or ESPN) being introduced. Maybe next year...Anyway, cant wait to give it a spin with EA Access.
This always confuses me. Madden's presentation is pretty much a CBS presentation. Same lead announcers. Similar scoreboard. Similar stat overlays (except for these new 3d overlays). Similar graphics used for starting lineups.

Does it matter that much that the scoreboard says EA instead of CBS? Licensing network logos costs money and I'd rather they use those resources somewhere else.

# 66 crenk @ 07/09/15 05:23 PM
Thoroughly underwhelmed.....Thought for sure we would be getting in game highlights or weekly wrap up, just because it is 2015 and it is time.

I dont hate anything they revealed they are doing, with the exception of the super zoomed replays. I want to see the context of the play, how it develops from real replay angles. If we are talking an interception/fumble/big hit/ etc then give me the traditional zoomed out followed by a zoomed in one on that piece of the action.

Other than that the other stuff is fine and welcome but isnt getting me excited. Females and foam fingers dont really warrant special recognition imo.....but hey thats just me.....

# 67 snc237 @ 07/09/15 05:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I sometimes think our expectations are a bit too high. Multiple broadcast teams? I've only seen one game pull this off (NCAA Basketball) and even that was done pretty poorly and was repetitive.

****, we have people here still complaining about the current broadcast team and how repetitive they are and now people are asking for them to add a second broadcast team?

The other stuff is definitely cool but I always wonder how many casualfans actually watched the weekly wrap up shows in past versions of Madden, NFL 2k, NCAA 2k etc. I'd guess that the numbers are low and the dev team isnt willing to put development time into something that is used primarily by a minority of their audience.
I loved the way 2k had there half time show and such. It helped a ton though that they had espn music and such but it was so well implemented. If I simulated a week in madden I defiantly would watch the end of the week highlight show featuring big plays and scores. Absolutely loved that

# 68 oneamongthefence @ 07/09/15 05:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggies7
Maybe misunderstanding you, but it sounds like you don't want as many replays. If that's the case I respectfully disagree. As I would love to see a replay after every play if it doesn't slow down the game.

The only way they would be able to do it without slowing down overall game length is change the playcall screen around. Someone posted a great idea in another thread with the playbooks on the side and the middle used for cut-scenes and replays. Would love to see that.
I wouldn't mind seeing less replays of there was specific commentary breaking down big plays. Also hopefully they expanded the amount of cutscenes in between plays. Too many of the same shot of coaches doing the same thing in between plays.

# 69 TDKing @ 07/09/15 05:36 PM
I hate the pop up floating stats I hope we can turn that off. Didn't ncaa have a wire cam in their game years ago? Are the announcer going to say the name of the player who made the tackle, sack, pick and maybe talk about his defensive stats for the game? Dynamic weather with a more pronounced effect on gameplay ? Blog is a fail imo.

# 70 aholbert32 @ 07/09/15 05:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snc237
I loved the way 2k had there half time show and such. It helped a ton though that they had espn music and such but it was so well implemented. If I simulated a week in madden I defiantly would watch the end of the week highlight show featuring big plays and scores. Absolutely loved that
I did too....but we arent the audience the game is directed at. Most fans skip through that stuff.

# 71 aholbert32 @ 07/09/15 05:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneamongthefence
I wouldn't mind seeing less replays of there was specific commentary breaking down big plays. Also hopefully they expanded the amount of cutscenes in between plays. Too many of the same shot of coaches doing the same thing in between plays.
FYI, there arent any cutscenes in Madden 16 or in 15 (except for a few TD celebrations) It was all actual gameplay and movement by players on the field.

# 72 oneamongthefence @ 07/09/15 05:45 PM
Quote:
FYI, there arent any cutscenes in Madden 16 or in 15 (except for a few TD celebrations) It was all actual gameplay and movement by players on the field.
There were cutscenes of the coaches. For example the coach getting angry all the time. It was reptitive and it happened all the time.

# 73 lgxjames @ 07/09/15 05:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggies7
Just my opinion, but you have to look at the total package this year and you will see the effort. Obviously folks weren't extremely happy with CFM blog and this one seems to be getting a neutral reaction, but Gameplay seems like a huge improvement.
I understand this. I was one unhappy with the CFM blog. I've said for awhile now I honestly can "LIVE" with the gameplay if the rest of the game had an immersive experience. IMO neither presentation nor CFM does.

# 74 Bradley814 @ 07/09/15 05:52 PM
Sounds really good, but i was truly hoping to hear something about Halftime improvements, or some sort of playoffs special presentation.

# 75 jmurphy31 @ 07/09/15 06:02 PM
It is what it is...Didnt expect much, but was hoping to have a surprise thrown into the blog (Wrap up show, ticker, etc)..Glad tehya re improving on things. Im interested to listen to the new commentary "Drive Starters".

I am still not a fan of EA saying we want to give you a different visual experience than you can see on Sunday. Wish they had a toggle option for replays (Broadcast, NFL FILMS, or Gameplay Angle)...I just dont get showing a zoomed in replay of RB getting tackled for 1 yard gain, or a football in flight. I would like to see how a WR got open, or block that was made...without having to go into replay...(Bonus if they had replay commentary, but i could imagine that would be difficult)

# 76 CM Hooe @ 07/09/15 06:03 PM
Quote:
It depends on what you are looking for. Sim fans typically want their game to look like whats on TV. There are other fans though who want the game to look like it is on the field....as if you were actually playing the game. I think this is a decent middle ground.
Piggybacking off this, a devil's advocate to the "must replicate real-life above all else" approach to presentation:

Tiburon can literally write code to put the cameras anywhere they want. Why should they limit themselves to what is possible in a television broadcast? Arguably doing that is unnecessarily boxing themselves in creatively.

Now I'm not saying that they've gone and revolutionized camera tracking or football broadcast with anything they've done, no, and I'm not even saying I prefer the do-anything approach personally, but I don't think it's universally a bad thing that Madden includes camera positions and sweeps which aren't possible in real life.

# 77 crenk @ 07/09/15 06:04 PM
Quote:
I did too....but we arent the audience the game is directed at. Most fans skip through that stuff.
So safe to say in your opinion that we will not ever get that?

# 78 CarryTheWeight @ 07/09/15 06:13 PM
Aren't we getting a ticker of some sort? From the CFM blog, it seems all it's used for is updating users on how much XP they're receiving during a play, drive or game.

If that ticker shows out-of-town scores (or if we're able to toggle one or the other) then many of the complaints in this thread will be avoided. It seems like we'll have to wait for release day.

# 79 DeuceDouglas @ 07/09/15 06:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Piggybacking off this, a devil's advocate to the "must replicate real-life above all else" approach to presentation:

Tiburon can literally write code to put the cameras anywhere they want. Why should they limit themselves to what is possible in a television broadcast? Arguably doing that is unnecessarily boxing themselves in creatively.

Now I'm not saying that they've gone and revolutionized camera tracking or football broadcast with anything they've done, no, and I'm not even saying I prefer the do-anything approach personally, but I don't think it's universally a bad thing that Madden includes camera positions and sweeps which aren't possible in real life.
Just to play devil's advocate to the devil's advocate, I'd say mainly because of how much they try to put out the idea that they're representing a NFL simulation and how much they tout authenticity to the NFL. And I agree that I don't necessarily think presenting camera angles that aren't possible in real life is a bad thing as long as they at least resemble something you might see in an actual NFL game. The first thing that comes to mind when I saw some of these angles is the XFL or the Arena League. Either way though that's the approach and it comes down to a matter of opinion. I'm sure there will be a lot of people that will probably love that stuff.

# 80 DePounded @ 07/09/15 06:23 PM
These are some nice additions, but I was hoping for a little bit more. A live ticker tracking scores from around the NFL for Franchise mode and more full screen stat graphics would have been nice. It looks like they have some team comparisons below the in-game scoreboard, but I had hoped that we would get the "flying" ones tracking both individual and team stats throughout the game. Still no radio show or weekly highlight show (seriously they had the former back in 2005) for Franchise. Hopefully EA wasn't able to add these things because they spent the majority of their time on gameplay.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.