Home
Madden NFL 16 News Post

EA Sports has just posted their Madden NFL 16 presentation details. Madden fans will see "On the Field" cameras, which really get close to the action, during their biggest moments. Whether that be touchdowns, sacks or trash talking. They have also added a new Wirecam, which is similar to a broadcast Wirecam, but much better, since it is positioned right next to the QB.

Improving the crowds was one of the many improvements for Living Worlds. You will see crowd props, including rally towels for the stadiums that feature them, fan signs, foam fingers and female fans in the game. Crowd signs will be team specific, and you will see fans head track the action on the field. The stadium atmosphere has been improved with team specific chants and fight songs.

Everyone in the crowd and on the sidelines will wear official apparel from the NFL shop. This includes jackets, long sleeves, winter hats, and other weather-appropriate gear. Speaking of weather-appropriate gear, you won't see any members of the media wearing shorts or kneeling in the snow this year, you will see them in their appropriate colored media vests.

The Steadicam operator cameraman will be seen in various places during the game. He will actually come out on the field and get an ISO closeup shot after touchdowns. Some of the post play action shots will be seen from his vantage point.

Quote:
Post-play behaviors continues to get a huge push with more signature celebrations and related content, as well as the addition of opposing team post-play interactions. There was a big focus on cleaning up behavior after the play, including pile avoidance, how players decelerate, and how/when they react with one another. The team also added new animations for when players are frustrated with whomever is on the other side of the line.

All-new “Drive Starters” add more context and storytelling to our commentary this year. Drive Starters take place on each change of possession, and provide storytelling commentary and visuals to highlight key performances and game trends. With more than 200 unique story types and hundreds of commentary improvements, Drive Starters tell the story of a game like never before.

On the audio side, the team went to great lengths to ensure Madden NFL 16 is the best-sounding game in franchise history. The return of EA Trax allowed us to implement several new events to play in stadiums during games, and new IR Reverb tech gives each stadium a whole new feel.

Read more about the Madden NFL 16 presentations here.

Madden NFL 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 16Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 24 - View All
Madden NFL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 jpdavis82 @ 07/09/15 06:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crenk
So safe to say in your opinion that we will not ever get that?
I definitely wouldn't say that, in fact it may come sooner than people think, but we'll have to wait and see, it all comes down to priorities and amount of time, but I think we will get a weekly wrap up in the next few years. Until we get a in-game scores and stats ticker, weekly wrap up show, in-game studio updates, and a halftime and post game showing scores from around the league, I won't be satisfied. So if I get to go back to the studio again in the future I'll be bringing up all of these things and how badly we(the community) want them. My opinion may not mean much at all, but I'll definitely let it be known, as I did this year and that's all I can do.

# 82 vannwolfhawk @ 07/09/15 06:27 PM
To be honest I don't really care if it's true broadcast or whatever. I just hate the close up replays for a few reasons.

I want to be able to see the whole play develop from a backed up camera angle so I can see what I did right/wrong, see what coverage other user was in, how did he get so open, or if it's a great play I want to see the whole play play out. If it's a running play see the hole develop, etc. I don't mind seeing some close up's when players are arguing or on a 1 yard run but on big plays or pass plays I don't want to follow the football in the air I want to see my route and the defensive coverage. It also can be used as a in game scouting replay so I can fix something potentially and know why or how I got beat on a certain play. I can see the route a guy ran, etc...

I am really happy with them adding to living worlds and can't wait to see how the Century Link sounds, looks, and feels! That will be the true test for me. I'd still like to see the home field advantage added from the NCAA series where the screen shakes and where it's hard to audible or see routes, but thats off topic. But it will also will be cool to go into Pittsburgh and see the terrible towels and having crowds acting accordingly with team specific sounds and chants. Fans following the action on the field. Im happy with all that. I hope you can really hear the difference with louder crowds this year though.

Obviously I want like everyone else wants with a ticker and half time show or weekly recap but I honestly do think it's coming in the next few years so I can live with some baby steps in certain areas as long as the game feels, looks, and sounds good.

# 83 iFnotWhyNoT @ 07/09/15 06:35 PM
Pretty much what i was expecting after those e3 videos. I was reaaaally hoping for an in-game ticker for cfm, but im still going to hold out hope it gets added in a patch. But if its not in next year that will really be a slap in the face.

Besides the ticker i was hoping for some indication that nationally broadcasted games such as Monday Night, Sunday Night etc looked different. I was hoping for a different looking, not sounding, broadcast package overlay. For regional sunday games say if your the Bills the logo on score ticker says EA Buffalo and you would have different logo's for nationally broadcasted games. That way when you finally get to play a Monday Night game it feels different and refreshing.

Best new addition for me is the cameramen on the field after a score. That was a nice touch.

# 84 Valdarez @ 07/09/15 06:41 PM
How may times have we read this from EASports now? Read the exact same thing basically years ago on the NCAA presentation by them...

"This year, the team wanted to continue to push the envelope and go beyond what normal broadcasts are able to do."

How about measure up to their standards first, and then consider doing something else.

The hubris is insufferable.

Reality check Tiburon. You can't go beyond what you have yet to achieve.

# 85 mwolchock @ 07/09/15 06:41 PM
Other than the updated crowds I'm pretty underwhelmed. They should be trying to mimic a TV broadcast as close as possible (ala 2k5). Instead they do their own thing once again and it looks tacky and fake. I'm sure the in game replays will once again not be shown from a broadcast perspective.

# 86 bravesvolsfan @ 07/09/15 06:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chen_sc
The wire cam is pretty cool, looking forward to see it in action.
However, I am very disappointed by the lack of major broadcast improvements:
No 'around the league scores' ticker, no weekly wrap-up show, no multiple broadcast networks and commentary teams.
I still don't get the point of this 'beyond broadcast' presentation.
I feel the same, but the bright side is that EA is improving the things that needed to be improved.

# 87 strawberryshortcake @ 07/09/15 06:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
It is what it is...Didnt expect much, but was hoping to have a surprise thrown into the blog (Wrap up show, ticker, etc)..Glad tehya re improving on things. Im interested to listen to the new commentary "Drive Starters".

I am still not a fan of EA saying we want to give you a different visual experience than you can see on Sunday. Wish they had a toggle option for replays (Broadcast, NFL FILMS, or Gameplay Angle)...I just dont get showing a zoomed in replay of RB getting tackled for 1 yard gain, or a football in flight. I would like to see how a WR got open, or block that was made...without having to go into replay...(Bonus if they had replay commentary, but i could imagine that would be difficult)
This would be cool. Different replay options.

Or at least get the broadcast replay always implemented on each and every single play, and sprinkle it in immediately after the broadcast replay with "NFL FILMS" or "Gameplay Angle" etc. But at least get the broadcast replay in either at the beginning of the replay or end of the replay showing the entire play developed.

# 88 darknmild @ 07/09/15 06:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
It's not a cop-out if the console manufacturer flat-out does not include the ability for a game developer to do something in their hardware, or worse flat-out locks the ability away from the user and/or developer for security reasons. For example, I don't think the XBOX One even allows ripping of music CDs to the hard drive yet.

It sucks - I loved custom sounds in older games as much as anyone - but it is what it is. If we want this functionality back we need to bark at Sony and Microsoft first before barking at EA.
Well said sir

# 89 Skyboxer @ 07/09/15 06:51 PM
Come on release day (Or earlier!!)
Pretty excited to get hands on.

# 90 TreyIM2 @ 07/09/15 06:52 PM
I loved everything I read with a slight concern about the repetitiveness of Drive Starter that I know we're going to have to deal with but the biggest thing, oddly, that excited me the most was crowd head tracking. For some reason, the lack of it in now current gen sports games bothers me, subconsciously. Never been a deal breaker but a, "Uhh, why isn't crowd head tracking in this game with today's tech?!?" type of under current in my brain.

All in all, I really like how the helmers who took over Madden a few years ago are operating, now. First Madden on this gen really upset me but the last one stepped up big time. Now the 3rd stack is being added to this gen's Madden I like what's happening.

# 91 darknmild @ 07/09/15 06:55 PM
The only thing that I didn't like is there won't be a sports ticker

# 92 aholbert32 @ 07/09/15 06:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crenk
So safe to say in your opinion that we will not ever get that?

U never know but this isn't something that I would expect it. This just seem to be a priority.

# 93 Junior Moe @ 07/09/15 07:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
This always confuses me. Madden's presentation is pretty much a CBS presentation. Same lead announcers. Similar scoreboard. Similar stat overlays (except for these new 3d overlays). Similar graphics used for starting lineups.

Does it matter that much that the scoreboard says EA instead of CBS? Licensing network logos costs money and I'd rather they use those resources somewhere else.
Well, "pretty much" CBS is not CBS presentation. If they're gonna get pretty close, then why not go all the way like they have with NBA Live and NHL? And yes, it does matter to me that it says EA sports instead of CBS even though it sorta looks like CBS's presentation. It does matter that it looks like CBS but it doesn't include the theme music. It's confusing really and it breaks the immersion for me. Are those new QB runouts with the video imposed on the field a CBS thing? I don't recall seeing that. Unlike you, I would rather they use the funds the get an authentic broadcast package. Either one or even if they created their own "EA sports" package.

NBA Live is a subpar basketball game to me, but it's immersive and feels authentic, even if it is repetitive. It looks and sound like what I see on ESPN. It's really well done and it makes it easier to overlook some of the games flaws. Madden is a better football game to me, but it's not nearly as immersive. I believe the "Madden" score is an original one and it sounds like something you'd hear on TV. I like it. I don't know what all goes into it, or what the NFL agreement entails with regards to that. As a consumer, I don't care. At the end of the day I want my NFL game to look and sound like what I see on Sunday, Monday or Thursday. I just do.

# 94 STLRams @ 07/09/15 07:10 PM
Well after reading the blog, I'm extremely disappointed not seeing anything about an improved/expanded on Halftime show, or end of game show/highlight show. Last year the devs said that they've laid the ground work for the halftime show in Madden 15, so if Madden 16 halftime show is exactly the same or not a leap above 15, that is sad. The audio and living worlds stuff sounds good, curious to see how this works out, but the on field zoom camera stuff has me worried, I want to see how a play develops/plays out during replays and but still look like an actual NFL broadcast.

# 95 noplace @ 07/09/15 07:13 PM
Sounds like nice additions but need to see it in action..

# 96 RexDEAFootball @ 07/09/15 07:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasFan2005
The music (or EA TRAX) sounds like it'll be implemented the same way as last year: only in the stadiums and NOT in the main menus, which would be really disappointing and not really a new feature.
Not to worry... the EA Trax play in the front end menus. This is in addition to smaller clips from the trax used in game over the stadium PA which is also featured in Skills Trainer/Practice Modes.

I absolutely LOVE this soundtrack guys. Been jamming it for over a month now and I think it is easily the best sound track Madden has ever had. I think you are going to love it.

# 97 MajorSupreme @ 07/09/15 07:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RexDEAFootball
Not to worry... the EA Trax play in the front end menus. This is in addition to smaller clips from the trax used in game over the stadium PA which is also featured in Skills Trainer/Practice Modes.

I absolutely LOVE this soundtrack guys. Been jamming it for over a month now and I think it is easily the best sound track Madden has ever had. I think you are going to love it.
Gotta have my Yellowcard on there.

# 98 Don Jon @ 07/09/15 07:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel4Reel
So tired of this excuse being made.

Presentation is still behind a certain decade old game.....so thats certainly more than one cycle.
To be fair (definitely not defending EA) they seem to have issues at the top as far as which direction they want to go in as a franchise. They don't want to be sim, don't want to be too arcade. All they know is that they love Ultimate Team

The one thing that makes me mad is that they scrap ideas one year after implementation, just to bring it back later. They'll never have a successful game doing this. I wish they would look at the way FIFA or mlb build on their previous year ideas and keep on adding to that. It's very sad that there are parts of this blog that include things that were in their previous games.

# 99 therealsmallville @ 07/09/15 07:36 PM
I'm both disappointed, and happy. If that's possible:

The good:

• Props. The Terrible Towels will be cool to see during panning shots of the stadium. Hopefully we see the cheese hats in GB, pig snouts in Washington, etc,.

• Drive starters. I hope hope hope this means they'll add commentary to your QB in a new season. If I win the SB, I don't want to hear anymore how Kap started in the SB in his 10th game. Something like "Now onto the field, Colin Kaepernick! (insert following generic phrase) Last year, he led his team to a Super Bowl win!" or "Last week, he lost a close one. Will he bounce back today?" I'd be THRILLED to even hear something generic like that.

• Cold weather gear for fans, cameramen

The Average:

• Women fans. I guess this is cool, and it obviously looks more real, but...well, to be honest, I never even noticed they were missing until I saw someone here talking about it. I guess I'm always too busy watching the field to really care about what the fans look like.

• EA Trax. You know, if they won't give us custom soundtracks because of hardware issues, it'd be cool if we could at least select these to play at specific times. Randomize it for cpu teams. It'd be an ok compromise.

• Floating stats. As long as I don't see +10xp show up in them after I get tackled for a 4-yd gain or something, then I'm fine with it. Stats only. Maybe JP can chime in here.

The Bad:

• No score ticker. Damn. The bright side? The gsme is finally coded to have a ticker, even if it's not the info we want. Hopefully they build on this in the future to add scores in that space.

• No wrap-up. I'll be honest with you guys...I really liked M10's Extra Point show. It was barebones as all get-out, but it was a nice little start. I'd have been more than happy if they'd just thrown it back in with a goal to build on it later. Remove the fmv's of Fran Charles and what's her name, have Larry the Halftime Guy record some audio, and slap it in there. Build on it later.

• No studio updates. This would have been killer for immersion (I'm an offline only guy), but not as necessary as a ticker or wrap up.

I'm excited to get M16, gameplay looks mostly solid. Hopefully next year we can see some more immersion builders for those of us who don't button mash through everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 100 jpdavis82 @ 07/09/15 07:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Jon
To be fair (definitely not defending EA) they seem to have issues at the top as far as which direction they want to go in as a franchise. They don't want to be sim, don't want to be too arcade. All they know is that they love Ultimate Team

The one thing that makes me mad is that they scrap ideas one year after implementation, just to bring it back later. They'll never have a successful game doing this. I wish they would look at the way FIFA or mlb build on their previous year ideas and keep on adding to that. It's very sad that there are parts of this blog that include things that were in their previous games.
What you're describing is exactly how they have been building the game since M13, they haven't been removing things and adding them back since then.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.