Home
Madden NFL 16 News Post

EA Sports has just posted their Madden NFL 16 presentation details. Madden fans will see "On the Field" cameras, which really get close to the action, during their biggest moments. Whether that be touchdowns, sacks or trash talking. They have also added a new Wirecam, which is similar to a broadcast Wirecam, but much better, since it is positioned right next to the QB.

Improving the crowds was one of the many improvements for Living Worlds. You will see crowd props, including rally towels for the stadiums that feature them, fan signs, foam fingers and female fans in the game. Crowd signs will be team specific, and you will see fans head track the action on the field. The stadium atmosphere has been improved with team specific chants and fight songs.

Everyone in the crowd and on the sidelines will wear official apparel from the NFL shop. This includes jackets, long sleeves, winter hats, and other weather-appropriate gear. Speaking of weather-appropriate gear, you won't see any members of the media wearing shorts or kneeling in the snow this year, you will see them in their appropriate colored media vests.

The Steadicam operator cameraman will be seen in various places during the game. He will actually come out on the field and get an ISO closeup shot after touchdowns. Some of the post play action shots will be seen from his vantage point.

Quote:
Post-play behaviors continues to get a huge push with more signature celebrations and related content, as well as the addition of opposing team post-play interactions. There was a big focus on cleaning up behavior after the play, including pile avoidance, how players decelerate, and how/when they react with one another. The team also added new animations for when players are frustrated with whomever is on the other side of the line.

All-new “Drive Starters” add more context and storytelling to our commentary this year. Drive Starters take place on each change of possession, and provide storytelling commentary and visuals to highlight key performances and game trends. With more than 200 unique story types and hundreds of commentary improvements, Drive Starters tell the story of a game like never before.

On the audio side, the team went to great lengths to ensure Madden NFL 16 is the best-sounding game in franchise history. The return of EA Trax allowed us to implement several new events to play in stadiums during games, and new IR Reverb tech gives each stadium a whole new feel.

Read more about the Madden NFL 16 presentations here.

Madden NFL 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 16Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 24 - View All
Madden NFL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 161 Hassan Darkside @ 07/10/15 08:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Why is this directed at EA though? Like I said..."no one has figured this out yet". The Show hasnt even figured out how to do this and it is a Sony created game. I'm not aware of a single game on the X1 or PS4 that lets you access and customize music on a HD. The reason being the current architecture of each system doesnt allow you to do that (I hear that a recent update to the X1 may permit this).

Also this is another case of this community thinking that its requests are in line with what the majority of players want. The problem is it isnt. Look, I am the biggest advocate for adding custom soundtracks to games. I have THOUSANDS of music files on my computer that I used for the Show, NHL, WWE, NBA2k and NCAA Football. All of those files are pretty much useless because none of those games support next gen.

But I also realize that the people who use this feature are pretty small in numbers compared to the total audience for those games. ****, most of the people on OS dont even use those features on last gen.

You are asking EA to spend man hours looking for a workaround for a feature that most people dont use instead of using those hours to create or improve features that more people may actually use? That doesnt make sense.
I don't disagree with you, which is why I said it probably wasn't done because it's not a priority (perhaps I should have elaborated more). It seems that community/fan feedback dictates a good percentage of their priority list along with in-house goals and other measurables they use to figure out which aspects of the game are most used or most important.

It's nothing personal with EA besides my aforementioned feeling that EA doesn't seem to push the bar on a lot of non-gameplay related features. It just happens to have been brought up in a Madden thread so that's why I chimed in.

And in regards to customizing music on the HDD, it doesn't have to be that way. That's just how it was on last gen. It doesn't seem farfetched that IF they wanted to make this feature work, they could allow for some sort of audio file upload to their servers from PC or mobile app that could then be downloaded into the game and slotted accordingly. Obviously, that would take a good bit of time, effort, resources, and different parties involved to make that work. I just dislike hearing that a feature is infeasible because the old way of doing it is infeasible. Nobody said it has to be done the old way.

# 162 jpdavis82 @ 07/10/15 08:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
The thing I don't like about the commentary is that it doesn't sound like commentary, it sounds way too scripted. Obviously it's going to always sound somewhat scripted because it is but it shouldn't be too hard to make it sound less scripted than it does just by creating better lines and making sure they don't repeat too much. MVP 2005 from a substance standpoint didn't really have good commentary at all, but it for the most part sounded really natural and unless Krukow would repeat the exact same thing twice in back to back sequences or say something completely stupid, it always sounded pretty good or at least natural.

I don't really pay attention to the commentary too much but just watching the Steelers-Browns vid there's instances where it makes itself more noticeable than it needs to be and I think that's what creates problems. Good commentary should just flow and and not stick out and but it seems like they put lines that are almost like "hey, you're supposed to be paying attention to this so listen" and IMO those are the worst lines. There's also issues with there being too much dead space and when they use player names. Overall I don't think it's really that bad but I don't really pay attention to it that much and I'm not really bothered by it either way but I still think there's a lot of area for improvement there.
I'm with you on the commentary, especially after playing PGA last night and how natural sounding it is, not to mention they talk about historic moments with other players from the past and say things like "he birdied this hole yesterday or he bogeyed here yesterday, let's see if he can improve his score, stuff like that and natural sounding commentary is what I want for Madden 17.

# 163 aholbert32 @ 07/10/15 09:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountaineersSon
Why are the sideline players ignored year after year? They look like plastic card board cutouts. Living worlds.

Overall nothing they did this cycle in presentation stands out as ground breaking. Hell I'll take what you see on Sunday presentation.

Dynamic sideline players would add realism to this game. Watch an actual football broadcast. It's not all about what happens between the white lines. Sideline reactions play a huge part in realism [real time]. If not, at least add more sideline cut scenes.

Sidelines players man, damn.

I feel like team sideline presentation being ignored is equal to right up there with true step being ignored for every player on the field in gameplay.
They are dynamic though. Players, coaches and cameramen move out the way when you get close to the sidelines. The sidelines do react to plays that occur on the field. The numbers of sideline players now correspond with who is not on the field.

All of this has been done in next gen.

With that said, its not as good as APF2k was in this aspect and can be improved. I just dont think its fair to say that the sidelines arent dynamic and havent been improved.

# 164 jpdavis82 @ 07/10/15 10:07 AM
Quote:
They are dynamic though. Players, coaches and cameramen move out the way when you get close to the sidelines. The sidelines do react to plays that occur on the field. The numbers of sideline players now correspond with who is not on the field.

With that said, its not as good as APF2k was in this aspect and can be improved. I just dont think its fair to say that the sidelines arent dynamic and havent been improved.
I think if they do for the sidelines next year what they did for the crowd this year, people would be pretty happy, just show the sideline players that level of attention and we will be set.

# 165 jpdavis82 @ 07/10/15 10:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AreTeeKay3
The placement of comments needs tweaked as well. I could not gte enough of them telling me I am moving nicely through a long drive...just before I take the first snap of the current drive.

And

When referencing the previous game, being close, winning, losing or whatever...but only 3 minutes into the game. That needs to come in the 4th QUARTER!
One thing I can say is that I was told they did address a lot of the bugs in commentary. They may have to get some guys who can spend more time together in the booth at the same time to accomplish what were wanting to see with commentary. I think Nantz and Simms are probably too busy for them to get in there as often as needed.

# 166 green94 @ 07/10/15 10:29 AM
Quote:

I hear what you are saying and while I somewhat agree, there is still much work to be done. They aren't complete lifeless drones like they once were, however, when all of the guys on the sidelines are clapping in unison to YOUR team just throwing an interception it makes you wish the days of lifeless drones were back

Player avoidance is nice, but let's have guys moving up and down the sidelines as the ball travels up and down the field. How about after an interception near the sidelines, a few guys run up to celebrate with the player who made the interception. After a TD, have the player run back to the sidelines and high five the coach and teammates.

Do away with cut scenes completely and have everything on the field become dynamic (down to players subbing in and out - aggressive thinking i know).

This was my vision after Living Worlds was announced...

All of this being said, kudos to the team for the work they have done this year. The game looks great.

# 167 brza37 @ 07/10/15 10:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
One thing I can say is that I was told they did address a lot of the bugs in commentary. They may have to get some guys who can spend more time together in the booth at the same time to accomplish what were wanting to see with commentary. I think Nantz and Simms are probably too busy for them to get in there as often as needed.
If time/money is the problem, they should just get two voice actors to form a "fake" commentary crew. I would much rather have fluid and relevant commentary than real NFL commentators if it means the quality is much worse.
And really, with the amount of free space Madden still has on its next-gen discs there really shouldn't be anything stopping them from keeping the current commentary team as well as adding a new team of voice actors and giving players an option of who they want to hear.

# 168 green94 @ 07/10/15 10:35 AM
Quote:
It's funny, I did watch a APF2k video recently and remember the sidelines being amazing compared to Madden. While APF2k did do a nice job, the gap between the two games is a lot smaller than I originally thought. APF2k also came out in 2008, but that is neither here nor there.

# 169 CarryTheWeight @ 07/10/15 10:43 AM
As I referenced earlier in the thread, the tech for a ticker in CFM is already there, but seemingly only for player XP or drive goals. These screenshots are from back in May:

I'm hoping this also gets used as a way to display out-of-town scores.

(IMO the overreliance on elements like XP and player ratings during gameplay kills immersion. It makes it less like a sport and more like an RPG or FPS. Here's hoping you can turn off some of the feedback if you choose.)

# 170 fredo5020 @ 07/10/15 10:46 AM
Like damn we can't get stat overlays lime 2k that shows league leaders and things like that that the very least we can ask for like wtf can we have commentary regarding our Connected Career they touching **** nobody but weirdos give a **** about I don't care about how the crowd follows the game I'm too busy watching the field I Hardly notice the crowd can we get mud back like madden 08 madden goes backwards every year they add something minor and take away something smh

# 171 jpdavis82 @ 07/10/15 10:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarryTheWeight
As I referenced earlier in the thread, the tech for a ticker in CFM is already there, but seemingly only for player XP or drive goals. These screenshots are from back in May:

(IMO the overreliance on elements like XP and player ratings during gameplay kills immersion. It makes it less like a sport and more like an RPG or FPS. Here's hoping you can turn off some of the feedback if you choose.)
Yeah the foundation is there, now they just need to add around the league stats and scores to the ticker. The xp and goals feedback is optional so you can turn it off if you want.

# 172 Hova57 @ 07/10/15 10:55 AM
Commentary and nfl ticker is what i feel like whats missing. But at the same time some of this stuff players would have to be willing to sit thru and not hit x to move on. Cant say u want it in the game and then blow by it if its there. IMO

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

# 173 SageInfinite @ 07/10/15 11:02 AM
Quote:
It depends on what you are looking for. Sim fans typically want their game to look like whats on TV. There are other fans though who want the game to look like it is on the field....as if you were actually playing the game. I think this is a decent middle ground.
I respect that, but for me it just takes me out of the immersion. I'd rather that stuff be saved for a superstar/my player type mode.

I just think replicating a broadcast is more impressive, more eye catching to people looking at the game. Give's it a wow factor.

# 174 SageInfinite @ 07/10/15 11:05 AM
Quote:
They are dynamic though. Players, coaches and cameramen move out the way when you get close to the sidelines.
Can you really call that moving though? Lmao. Most of the time they slide out the way. There are times when they do interact like it was talked about in the blogs, but it rarely happens as advertised. When it does happen it looks pretty good though. Just need more consistency, like mostly everything else in Madden.

# 175 jpdavis82 @ 07/10/15 11:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Can you really call that moving though? Lmao. Most of the time they slide out the way. There are times when they do interact like it was talked about in the blogs, but it rarely happens as advertised. When it does happen it looks pretty good though. Just need more consistency, like mostly everything else in Madden.
They should at least do what the HBs do now when they avoid the line, similar to assassins creed.

# 176 SageInfinite @ 07/10/15 11:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
They should at least do what the HBs do now when they avoid the line, similar to assassins creed.
I'd like to see some more involved animations, but that's just me.

# 177 Armor and Sword @ 07/10/15 11:27 AM
Quote:
It would be pretty sweet to see some momentum animations where a RB (or any player with the ball) is running full tilt down the sideline and get's a shove into the sidelines and goes crashing into the trainers table, or Gatorade etc.

That would be a wow moment.

# 178 bloobloouk @ 07/10/15 11:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarryTheWeight
As I referenced earlier in the thread, the tech for a ticker in CFM is already there, but seemingly only for player XP or drive goals.

In the old thread there was a discussion about whether such a ticker would even work in online CFM or in a CFM where the human controlled more than one team. I originally said:

Quote:
Apologies if I've missed something, but how would an in-game ticker for CFM games work outside of CFMs with only a single human controlled franchise?

Games don't take place at the same time. CPU Vs CPU are simmed when you advance a week, and other Human Vs CPU, and Human Vs Human games aren't always played at the same time. So how would the data for the ticker be available when you play a game?

You couldn't just exclude the Human Vs CPU and Human Vs Human games from the ticker and sim the CPU Vs CPU games before Human involved games start - You have roster cuts and trades from other players in the CFM that could have affected those results.

If there is a solution that I've overlooked I'd love to hear it, but at the moment I have no idea how EA could actually implement this.
We came up with a few ideas and potential workarounds but it isn't as simple as just plugging it into the game given how CFM currently functions with simming taking place after you've played a game. I'd like to see a ticker, but at the same time I am ready to recognise that the benefits of online play in modern games can lead to restrictions such as this.

# 179 jpdavis82 @ 07/10/15 11:30 AM
Quote:
Definitely, that's why I said at least do the other.

# 180 aholbert32 @ 07/10/15 12:05 PM
Quote:
I think we can call it moving because they actually move out of the way. Its not perfect at all and not as good as other games but its a step in the right direction. They are improving it every year. Just not at the rate of speed that everyone may like.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.