Home
Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR News Post

We are posting Rory McIlroy PGA Tour videos all day today on OS, so be sure to check back frequently to see new videos!

Rory McIlroy PGA Tour
starts off like other EA Sports titles have in the past year, with a prologue segment as game data installs. In this year's prologue, Rory is faced with trying to win the US Open complete with excellent presentation throughout.

Also you can see some gameplay in this video as well.

If you can't see the video above, click here to view it.

Game: Rory McIlroy PGA TOURReader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 12 - View All
Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Mikerophone @ 07/09/15 06:19 PM
The game looks good, but what the hell is up with the sound? That is not what it sounds like to hit a golf ball. Hitting a golf ball flush provides one of the most satisfying sounds in sports. That sounds like someone is knocking two pieces of wood together. That's seriously disappointing.

The other thing I don't like is the unrealistic divots. When Rory hits a 177 yard 7 iron, his divots usually fly about 40 feet. At 5:00 in this video, the divot goes about 1 foot off the ground and about 6 inches in front of him.

# 2 Mikerophone @ 07/09/15 07:48 PM
Just want to follow up, this is how it should sound when you hit a golf ball
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2OvF2c-mU8

# 3 hawley088 @ 07/09/15 08:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikerophone
The game looks good, but what the hell is up with the sound? That is not what it sounds like to hit a golf ball. Hitting a golf ball flush provides one of the most satisfying sounds in sports. That sounds like someone is knocking two pieces of wood together. That's seriously disappointing.

The other thing I don't like is the unrealistic divots. When Rory hits a 177 yard 7 iron, his divots usually fly about 40 feet. At 5:00 in this video, the divot goes about 1 foot off the ground and about 6 inches in front of him.
I think dynamic golfer specific divot physics will be a feature in next years title

# 4 Vechi8 @ 07/09/15 08:09 PM
If it's in the game, it's in the game?? When tee shots are hit, Where is the Bubba Booey??!! LOL
If EA was smart, it would have been in there. Can you image with how many people listen to the Stern Show. EA would have the cheapest endorsement reaching a lot of people. Hell, listeners would buy the game just to hear it!

# 5 HANDSWARD_EA @ 07/09/15 08:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vechi8
If it's in the game, it's in the game?? When tee shots are hit, Where is the Bubba Booey??!! LOL
If EA was smart, it would have been in there. Can you image with how many people listen to the Stern Show. EA would have the cheapest endorsement reaching a lot of people. Hell, listeners would buy the game just to hear it!
That's in the game. It just doesn't happen on every shot.

# 6 kehlis @ 07/09/15 08:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vechi8
Was stated in the other thread that that is in the game.

# 7 SinisterAlex @ 07/09/15 08:47 PM
Looks good but looks nothing like Chambers Bay did in real life at the US Open. No grand stand on 9, none on the right on 1 and hole 10. Missing more on other holes too. Not a big issue just doesn't make you feel immersed that's all.

# 8 Mikerophone @ 07/09/15 08:47 PM
I'm not asking for golfer-specific divots, I just don't want absurdly silly looking divots. Look at this swing with a 7 iron, off the tee box. The divot flies like 50 feet. Off of the short grass it tends to fly even further. If you've ever been to a driving range and watched the pros swing, the divots fly like they were shot out of a canon. Seeing that divot at 5:00 just looks downright silly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p29hOgS_Nrc

I can get over the silly divots, but not that wood clank sound when hitting the ball. Even still, I'll probably be picking this up. Love golf games.

# 9 Skyboxer @ 07/09/15 08:49 PM
Also.. just to say it.. EA hasn't used the "If it's in the game" part of that phrase for some time now I don't believe.

It's just "It's In The game"

# 10 Vechi8 @ 07/10/15 02:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HANDSWARD_EA
That's in the game. It just doesn't happen on every shot.
Wow, that is awesome. I was attempting to be amusing and razzing. Like I said before.. Brilliant move by EA, they will have quite the endorsement from the King of all media. Great job guys

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.