Home
The Golf Club News Post

It looks like The Golf Club's July update is dropping today as announced on The Golf Club Forums. The PS4 update is actually launching before the XB1 and PC update, which is a rare occurrence. We'll update when both the XB1 and PC versions are available, as no timetable has been set for the July update on those platforms!

UPDATE: The update is available now for PlayStation 4, weighing in at 2GB.

Quote:
"As Sony have passed both European and North American versions of the July update, I'm going to release them now.
As you guys had to wait longer for the DLC than the Xbox owners, it's only fair
Below is a list of the fixes, improvements, etc

NEW FEATURES
* Highland Theme
* New Flags to choose from in Greg Norman Course Designer
* Ability to favourite replays and watch later
* Choice between Metric and imperial measurements
* Heavy Rough slider
* Stableford Tournaments
* New Backdrops for themes
* New Trees
* Added separate green and fairway firmness sliders
* Adjustable Cart Path widths
* Advanced Search Filter on Course list
* Sliders to reduce randomly generated objects like Rocks
* Some new global plants
* Distance Tool (Measuring Tape)

IMPROVEMENTS
* rain on water splash effect
* Small Optimisations
* Better colliders on stones and rocks
* Drop Ball Improvements
* Tournament Wind improvements (So that directions is also taken into account

BUG FIXES
* Over 150 including
* Flag Marker overlapping the wind marker
* HUD Overlapping
* Ghost Ball Wind issues"
We'll have a review of the new update next week!

Game: The Golf ClubReader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 7 - View All
The Golf Club Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Flightwhite24 @ 07/10/15 02:09 PM
These guys are serious

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 2 bcruise @ 07/10/15 02:10 PM
They knew they were going to have to bring it this week, obviously.

# 3 jb12780 @ 07/10/15 02:11 PM
These guys are awesome.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

# 4 southernSNIDELY @ 07/10/15 02:19 PM
I hope EA is as "committed" to their golf title as HBStudios has been.

# 5 bowld @ 07/10/15 02:20 PM
My most played game on PS4 by far. Love this game and this dev team

# 6 bowld @ 07/10/15 02:24 PM
Also love that they arent concerned with making a sequal but are spending all of their time on making this game better and better.Wish all sports games would just update and get better over time rather than annual releases

# 7 Matt10 @ 07/10/15 02:42 PM
Seriously awesome. Yeah HB Studios is the real deal. Absolute love TGC and the amazing amount of courses in their database. The constant interaction, community and updates - it's sublime. The game can be played ultra non-sim to ultra...ultra..ultra sim - and that's just perfect to me. Well done. My PS4 tour guys will be happy to have their update, now XB1 and PC will be patiently awaiting our drop

# 8 TheNinjaGuyDon @ 07/10/15 02:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernSNIDELY
I hope EA is as "committed" to their golf title as HBStudios has been.
Fat chance!

# 9 bwiggy33 @ 07/10/15 02:49 PM
I love this game as well but I've already found something honestly game breaking. Every round I've tried so far I try to swing and it check swings. The golfer twitches when you pull straight down on the stick to swing. In order to swing you have to pull to the left or right and roll down the stick. By that time you either pull or push the ball and only get maybe 90% power. Please let me know if there is a setting or something, because this is a serious issue. Very very strange.

# 10 Steve_OS @ 07/10/15 02:57 PM
The PS4 update is available now. (2GB)

# 11 msdm27 @ 07/10/15 03:08 PM
Can someone please tell me how many seasons one can play in "seasons mode"? I know there is 5 tour levels, but once you get to elite, can you play as many seasons as you want?
Thanks ahead for the help

# 12 HustlinOwl @ 07/10/15 03:17 PM
Friday Night Foursome???

# 13 AnthonyKyne @ 07/10/15 03:35 PM
Hi guys,
Thanks for the kind words
Just to let you know, the PC is already out!

Xbox soon hopefully.

Anthony

# 14 bwiggy33 @ 07/10/15 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyKyne
Hi guys,
Thanks for the kind words
Just to let you know, the PC is already out!

Xbox soon hopefully.

Anthony
Hey Anthony,

Thanks for all of the updates and consistent tuning you guys provide. It's really refreshing. However, can I aks why when I pull back on the left stick, the golf club will go back a couple inches and I can't move it any further? In order to swing I have to pull the stick left and roll it down and then golf club will go back like normal. It's honestly impossible to even have the chance of hitting a straight shot. I understand the not getting 100% power every time, but I do not understand why when I pull back on the stick I check swing with the golf club every single time. It's really ruining my experience.

# 15 Aggies7 @ 07/10/15 03:46 PM
Nice update. This game has yet to get old. Endless amount of courses to play.

# 16 speedtrucker @ 07/10/15 03:49 PM
love this but curses... now I've got to dump another 3 or 4 hours into a new golf course when this drops for XB1.

between the course builder and tgctours, I haven't had a game that gave me this much depth and fun in a long time.

tried EA PGA over EA access and made it 5 holes before I was already done with it. it looks nice, feels nice and the crowds are cool and playing as Jordan Spieth was neat but once again I remembered why I don't like the RPG aspect of the game. in 5 holes I never missed the fairway and never once had to account for a bunker being in real play.

the 2 big updates this go round, for me, are 1. measuring tape... finally I don't have to keep doing math in my head. and 2. the wind adjustments for tournaments. and of course a new theme.

# 17 DivotMaker @ 07/10/15 03:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedtrucker
in 5 holes I never missed the fairway and never once had to account for a bunker being in real play.
Sounds just like TGC from tee to green....why is that a bad thing in another game? Neither one is as challenging as they need to be off the tee and on approach shots.....

# 18 AnthonyKyne @ 07/10/15 03:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwiggy33
Hey Anthony,

Thanks for all of the updates and consistent tuning you guys provide. It's really refreshing. However, can I aks why when I pull back on the left stick, the golf club will go back a couple inches and I can't move it any further? In order to swing I have to pull the stick left and roll it down and then golf club will go back like normal. It's honestly impossible to even have the chance of hitting a straight shot. I understand the not getting 100% power every time, but I do not understand why when I pull back on the stick I check swing with the golf club every single time. It's really ruining my experience.
Not sure, have you rebooted you PS4. Might be a calibration issue as no one else is seeing it

# 19 Jambomakaveli @ 07/10/15 04:00 PM
Oh thank god..... I've been seeing this twitch pullback glitch as well. Was just about to open my ps4 controller and check my thumbstick.

At first I thought I was at the end of the map so to speak and up against an invisible wall.

He starts to pull the club back and then after a few inches it just stops. Like your thumbstick is broken.

This and the fact that even when the swing us working, it seems impossible to hit 100%. Always 88-82%.

Can't believe it, I was so addicted to this over the last week and now this!!!

# 20 MillardMavs @ 07/10/15 04:03 PM
Quote:
I love this game as well but I've already found something honestly game breaking. Every round I've tried so far I try to swing and it check swings. The golfer twitches when you pull straight down on the stick to swing. In order to swing you have to pull to the left or right and roll down the stick. By that time you either pull or push the ball and only get maybe 90% power. Please let me know if there is a setting or something, because this is a serious issue. Very very strange.
Quote:
Hey Anthony,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jambomakaveli
Oh thank god..... I've been seeing this twitch pullback glitch as well. Was just about to open my ps4 controller and check my thumbstick.

At first I thought I was at the end of the map so to speak and up against an invisible wall.

He starts to pull the club back and then after a few inches it just stops. Like your thumbstick is broken.

This and the fact that even when the swing us working, it seems impossible to hit 100%. Always 88-82%.

Can't believe it, I was so addicted to this over the last week and now this!!!
I too am getting this. I just take my thumb off the analog, and restart my swing. But the most I can hit it is 93%

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.