Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

2K Sports has just announced the NBA Summer League will be featured in NBA 2K16. No other details have been revealed, so we are left wondering...

Will the Summer League be a feature exclusive to MyCAREER mode or will it be available in other modes as well? Will we see a return of the D-League or maybe some sort of Draft Combine?

If we get any additional information, we will update this post.

For those of you that have missed out on the recent news about the game, we've highlighted some of them below.For more news and media on the game, check out the NBA 2K16 page.

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 LD2k @ 07/10/15 05:38 PM
We'll be going into more details in the future, but I think you guys will enjoy how we're integrating this.

# 42 KingTocco @ 07/10/15 05:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLEgend
Why would they just show a picture of the center court "Summer League" logo. Without at least stating or even showing what players within the 2K16 game will be on it?!

It's called marketing dude.

They'll hit us with more info in time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 43 KingTocco @ 07/10/15 05:41 PM
They are just getting started.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 44 23 @ 07/10/15 05:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLEgend
They've clearly done enough OVER THE TOP marketing for 2K16. I don't understand the purpose of leading us onto a mode they've had in the series before?!
2K LOVES to give the fans the heads up on how they can #BeTheStory.

It's nothing to give you a small taste of whats to come, and we are confident you will LOVE whats in store for you.

Its summer league time in the NBA right now, so we figured you would appreciate the announcement. 2K strives to give the fans authentic as much as possible in #NBA2K16

HURRY and preorder #NBA2K16 now and get a chance to experience #summerleague 4 days EARLY!

More coming SOON!

#BeTheStory

# 45 lakers24 @ 07/10/15 06:05 PM
23, you always kill me with the marketing

# 46 Dyslexicphish @ 07/10/15 06:28 PM
Is it going to be one league with all 30 teams or like in real life where there are multiple leagues with a different number of teams?

Regardless stoked at this news!

# 47 I Djm @ 07/10/15 06:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
2K LOVES to give the fans the heads up on how they can #BeTheStory.

It's nothing to give you a small taste of whats to come, and we are confident you will LOVE whats in store for you.

Its summer league time in the NBA right now, so we figured you would appreciate the announcement. 2K strives to give the fans authentic as much as possible in #NBA2K16

HURRY and preorder #NBA2K16 now and get a chance to experience #summerleague 4 days EARLY!

More coming SOON!

#BeTheStory
Attachment 102139

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

# 48 King_B_Mack @ 07/10/15 07:08 PM
Really excited to see this back in the game. Long over due Leftos you guys, but we'll definitely take it. Keep it coming.

# 49 Magnus1959 @ 07/10/15 07:11 PM
Takes me long enough to get through the regular seasons being I play every game in My Career without extra content.

# 50 WishListGOD 1 OF 2 @ 07/10/15 07:28 PM
Yes a welcomed addition loving it, also it would be cool if they could implement playing in other off season events like, participating in rec leagues like Drew league, Seattle Pro Am, Rucker park, TEAM USA try outs, work outs with other NBA players, public signings. Remember basketball dosent stop because the season ends the off season is very much alive and your name can still be put out there.

Also bring back black socks!

# 51 Cowboy008 @ 07/10/15 07:48 PM
Hopefully this will be in MyGM and MyLeague as well as MyCareer. It will suck if it's only exclusive to MyCareer.

# 52 kadzier @ 07/10/15 07:59 PM
For real, if we get the draft combine, summer league and D league back in My Career along with all the improvements they've made with the story and stuff this might legit be the best game ever.

# 53 lgxjames @ 07/10/15 09:03 PM
2K you win @ life. Good job (this is before even reading the thread, hopefully it is what I'm expecting it to be off the thread title)

# 54 SteveQ @ 07/10/15 09:17 PM
FINALLY, I've been waiting on the return of summer league since 2K11. It adds to the immersion. Also you get a chance to improve your guy again without actually playing in a official NBA game which is better than being a 60 overall guy with no skills trying to bring your team back in the 4th lol.

# 55 King_B_Mack @ 07/10/15 09:38 PM
So now that we got Summer League coming back to the game (certainly in MyCareer) can we FINALLY get the ability to change jerseys in MyCareer? Oh and not doing it in some stupid way where you can only change the jerseys of the team you're controlling, 2K is notorious for that setup. I want to change the computer's jerseys too. It's boring looking at the same home/road jerseys for every team EVERY game. Especially since they insist on making us play EVERY game on the schedule as often as they do in this mode.

# 56 cam21224 @ 07/10/15 09:58 PM
Knowing them they'll tie the new jerseys to the official roster again, so I doubt we'll even get the set-up of changing the CPU jerseys in any mode.

# 57 countryboy @ 07/10/15 10:11 PM
just sitting and waiting to hear more information about Summer League.

REALLY hoping its tied into My League mode

# 58 Cabish @ 07/11/15 05:42 AM
This bakes zero sense taking out to put back in,

# 59 Bexthelegend @ 07/11/15 08:58 AM
It's always been an issue for me when games remove a feature, and then bring it back and sell it as a new feature. But people are giving 2k praise for it.

Regardless hopefully this is in my league.

# 60 Clappington @ 07/11/15 09:50 AM
Ready for this to be in MyGm and Hopefully this means D-league will be in the game but thats really a far stretch right there lol. Idk though we will see I do hate they will tease us with a screenie with no information on it knowing it then start to leave all the speculations which leads to people getting hype about something that isnt there. But this is a new 2k so lets hope this is in MyLeague/MyGM also.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.