Home
Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR News Post

Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR is available today for Xbox One and PlayStation 4. We wanted to open a new discussion for those of you that didn't get a chance to try out the EA Access trial.

Get in a few rounds and post your impressions.

For those of you that have missed out on the recent news about the game, we've highlighted some of them below.For more news and media on the game, check out the Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR page.

Game: Rory McIlroy PGA TOURReader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 12 - View All
Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR Videos
Member Comments
# 1 shogunofharlem3 @ 07/14/15 08:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishepa
Every shot I hit comes up about 10-15 yards short.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Me too. I am playing on Tour mode and have a very hard time with on the Slow rating on the swing mechanic. Can't really figure out what I'm doing wrong. I get Full Swing on the backswing, then I'm always between -2 to -7 slow.

Also, not sure but I can't get out of bunkers. No matter what shot type I select I end up stuck.

Otherwise, I like it. Wish in My Pro mode or whatever it is called you could have the option to play the whole round and not just 6 holes starting at a sim score.

# 2 Flightwhite24 @ 07/14/15 08:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shogunofharlem3
Me too. I am playing on Tour mode and have a very hard time with on the Slow rating on the swing mechanic. Can't really figure out what I'm doing wrong. I get Full Swing on the backswing, then I'm always between -2 to -7 slow.

Also, not sure but I can't get out of bunkers. No matter what shot type I select I end up stuck.

Otherwise, I like it. Wish in My Pro mode or whatever it is called you could have the option to play the whole round and not just 6 holes starting at a sim score.

What helped me on the Xbox One trial was by flicking the thumb stick and I was able to get a "Fast" response at a higher rate. I will say it is easier to get "Fast" on the PS4 retail version. I'm getting it a a very high clip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 3 jaygaming901 @ 07/14/15 09:08 AM
If anyone is interested, my 1st impressions http://youtu.be/a9F1mYZwyHk

# 4 Barto @ 07/14/15 09:34 AM

# 5 TheNinjaGuyDon @ 07/14/15 09:34 AM
The lack of features makes this game mediocre at best imo. Unless EA pushes some decent updates adding to depth, I suspect it will be in the EA Access vault before the year is over.

# 6 TheNinjaGuyDon @ 07/14/15 09:35 AM
Oh, I almost forgot. If you want to check out the TPC Scottsdale DLC, I posted a short video of the 16th hole:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hL3CjpQsJo4

# 7 OnlookerDelay @ 07/14/15 09:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaygaming901
If anyone is interested, my 1st impressions http://youtu.be/a9F1mYZwyHk
It looked like you got the twitchy tempo requirements of the swing interface down pretty quickly. Then again, I noticed you were playing Arcade difficulty, where it's probably a lot more forgiving on that aspect. I never tried it in Arcade during the EA trial, so I really can't compare it. You indicated you'd be playing it in the Tour difficulty level later and I'll be interested in seeing how that compares in tempo management.

BTW, it's pronounced "pro - log", not "pro- loog"... but overall, you did a good job for such a quick production.

# 8 fishepa @ 07/14/15 10:09 AM
I know its bare boned. But I'm hoping they can patch in features and add stuff. The putting is mind-numbingly boring. I would prefer one putting stroke that is dependent on the length of the back swing and not where I place the meter.

# 9 wheels2121 @ 07/14/15 10:12 AM
I keep getting everything too slow on my transition and downswing, to the point where I often have to take a club extra to get it to the hole.
Putting has ZERO feel. You just swing and hope. I think it's the worst putting in any game yet.
Commentary gets old quick, which I was surprised about, but the hole analysis is good.

# 10 jaygaming901 @ 07/14/15 10:14 AM
Thank you, and yeah if you're PS4 . I currently only play and prefer Tour mode online H2H and am #1 on the leaderboards. Sure that won't last long though lol.

# 11 jbd345 @ 07/14/15 10:19 AM
So far I'm enjoying it. Three click is actually a challenge surprisingly. Went three over at whistling straights. Right now I'd give the a 7/10, but if they update it like they said they will and boost the difficulty I think it'll just be as good as tiger 14.

# 12 joncmu99 @ 07/14/15 10:20 AM
[quote=shogunofharlem3;2047492763Wish in My Pro mode or whatever it is called you could have the option to play the whole round and not just 6 holes starting at a sim score.[/QUOTE]

In the options you can switch it from Quick Round to Full 18. I can't remember exactly where it is in the menu, but there is an option.

# 13 Flightwhite24 @ 07/14/15 10:20 AM
Went to try and save mid-round and from what I can tell there is no in-game save option.

I like a lot about this years title but I have to be brutally honest with myself. We got hosed with the lack of BASIC features.

# 14 fishepa @ 07/14/15 10:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMPBLACKMAMBA24
Went to try and save mid-round and from what I can tell there is no in-game save option.

I like a lot about this years title but I have to be brutally honest with myself. We got hosed with the lack of BASIC features.

Agree, however I'm putting my faith in EA that since this is not going to be an every year release that more features will be patched in. Trying to be positive.

# 15 Flightwhite24 @ 07/14/15 10:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishepa
Agree, however I'm putting my faith in EA that since this is not going to be an every year release that more features will be patched in. Trying to be positive.
For me it's the frustration of these games that come out on these powerful systems that we pay good money for. They are either scaled down or bug riddled. Add the fact that EA has basically turned a deaf ear when we ask about different aspects of the game.

Been buying games from EA since Lakers vs Celtics and I'm just at a loss of words at times with some of the decisions that they make.

Currently playing in my career and I've shanked a few here and there that have ballooned my score. I missed the cut in my first tourney

# 16 adh5199 @ 07/14/15 10:51 AM
If they could make the putting feel like the golf clubs. I would love this game. Its rewarding in tgc when you read the green and sink a long one with touch and feel. In rm it just feels disconnected and cheap.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

# 17 MHammer113 @ 07/14/15 10:52 AM
I will be playing it later. I'm curious to see if by the time I get home there is some sort of an update, but nothing has been announced by EA...starting to get worried

# 18 fishepa @ 07/14/15 10:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adh5199
If they could make the putting feel like the golf clubs. I would love this game. Its rewarding in tgc when you read the green and sink a long one with touch and feel. In rm it just feels disconnected and cheap.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk
There is no weight to it at all, just feels floaty.

# 19 jb12780 @ 07/14/15 10:56 AM
Agreed. It was hard to gauge distance on puts because they are all the same motion whether it's a tap in or a 30 footer.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

# 20 JODYE @ 07/14/15 10:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNinjaGuyDon
Oh, I almost forgot. If you want to check out the TPC Scottsdale DLC, I posted a short video of the 16th hole:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hL3CjpQsJo4
Why does he signal fore left when it's headed right for the center of the green?

« Previous1234567894041Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.