Home
Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR News Post

Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR is available today for Xbox One and PlayStation 4. We wanted to open a new discussion for those of you that didn't get a chance to try out the EA Access trial.

Get in a few rounds and post your impressions.

For those of you that have missed out on the recent news about the game, we've highlighted some of them below.For more news and media on the game, check out the Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR page.

Game: Rory McIlroy PGA TOURReader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 12 - View All
Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR Videos
Member Comments
# 21 brandon27 @ 07/14/15 10:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shogunofharlem3
Me too. I am playing on Tour mode and have a very hard time with on the Slow rating on the swing mechanic. Can't really figure out what I'm doing wrong. I get Full Swing on the backswing, then I'm always between -2 to -7 slow.

Also, not sure but I can't get out of bunkers. No matter what shot type I select I end up stuck.

Otherwise, I like it. Wish in My Pro mode or whatever it is called you could have the option to play the whole round and not just 6 holes starting at a sim score.

You do have that option. You can easily change back and forth between quick rounds, and full rounds on the second screen of options in the career mode. It says Round Type or something to that effect...

# 22 GrandMaster B @ 07/14/15 11:20 AM
No money list or tournament schedule.

# 23 Barto @ 07/14/15 11:32 AM
i've not played the game yet, but from reading impressions and reviews it seems that EA simply has some internal company edict that they had to make a game as inexpensively as possible so as to maximize profits on the game.

Think about it....

No Tiger Woods as Cover Athlete ($$$ Savings)
Fewer Courses ($$$ Savings)
Fewer Golfers ($$$ Savings)
Fewer Features ($$$ Savings)

Their marketing strategy was to wait 2 years for a golf game on a Next Gen platform, knowing the appetite for consumers would need to be quenched in some fashion regardless of the quality of the game. Release as few details as possible and post cryptic and clever Social Media comments to ratchet up hype and conversation about the game.

Now their chickens are coming home to roost.

# 24 TheNinjaGuyDon @ 07/14/15 11:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adh5199
If they could make the putting feel like the golf clubs. I would love this game. Its rewarding in tgc when you read the green and sink a long one with touch and feel. In rm it just feels disconnected and cheap.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk
I hate how the ball "launches" off the putter. It's annoying.

# 25 fishepa @ 07/14/15 11:38 AM
Played a round at Bay Hill and shot -12 under on the hardest settings with Jordan Speith.

# 26 jb12780 @ 07/14/15 11:39 AM
IGN gave it a 5.5.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/07/...ga-tour-review

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

# 27 Barto @ 07/14/15 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jb12780
IGN gave it a 5.5.

I believe that equates to a D- on the video game rating report card scale.

# 28 gramps1943 @ 07/14/15 11:49 AM
HELLO CAN I CHANGE THE SWING STICK TO THE RIGHT STICK ON PLAYSTATION FOUR

# 29 jb12780 @ 07/14/15 11:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gramps1943
HELLO CAN I CHANGE THE SWING STICK TO THE RIGHT STICK ON PLAYSTATION FOUR
Yes it's in the options menu.

# 30 gramps1943 @ 07/14/15 11:51 AM
THANKS I'M HEADING TO GET IT NOW

# 31 fishepa @ 07/14/15 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gramps1943
THANKS I'M HEADING TO GET IT NOW
No problem gramps. No need to yell.

# 32 gramps1943 @ 07/14/15 12:02 PM
MY KEYBOARD IS BROKEN. CAPS LOCK IS JAMMED, SORRY

# 33 Barto @ 07/14/15 12:02 PM
The Natives are getting really angry. I bet we hear nothing out of EA's development team all week.

This will not end well. I foresee a bunch of social media backlash over this.

# 34 Chairman7w @ 07/14/15 12:03 PM
Yeah, but to be fair, all companies operate with a "Spend as little as possible, maximize profits as much as possible" kind of ruleset. That's why they exist, to make money.

That said, there is a point of diminishing returns when you put out a product that's simply not up to snuff. And this is that product. I'm not buying it. When IGN (the biggest EA shills on the planet) give it a 5.5, you KNOW it's bad.

And I know somebody will come explain the reasoning (new platform, programming time; limited resources, etc), but all that's just talk. It doesn't matter what the reasons are. Words are wind. This game speaks for itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barto
i've not played the game yet, but from reading impressions and reviews it seems that EA simply has some internal company edict that they had to make a game as inexpensively as possible so as to maximize profits on the game.

Think about it....

Their marketing strategy was to wait 2 years for a golf game on a Next Gen platform, knowing the appetite for consumers would need to be quenched in some fashion regardless of the quality of the game. Release as few details as possible and post cryptic and clever Social Media comments to ratchet up hype and conversation about the game.

# 35 jbd345 @ 07/14/15 12:04 PM
Quote:

Think about it....

And man never landed on the moon. I highly doubt they did this on purpose but with it ea its certainly not out of the relm of possibility. I Think the budget not being quite as big as the tiger series might have something to do with it. Tigers name alone made the golf industry want to be in his game, (courses and players alike) Like a good conspiracy theory we'll never know. Since this is not a yearly title I have faith in this dev team will make the proper changes. It's day one, plenty of time to fix things before the next game whenever that maybe.

# 36 Barto @ 07/14/15 12:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chairman7w
Yeah, but to be fair, all companies operate with a "Spend as little as possible, maximize profits as much as possible" kind of ruleset. That's why they exist, to make money.

That said, there is a point of diminishing returns when you put out a product that's simply not up to snuff. And this is that product. I'm not buying it. When IGN (the biggest EA shills on the planet) give it a 5.5, you KNOW it's bad.

And I know somebody will come explain the reasoning (new platform, programming time; limited resources, etc), but all that's just talk. It doesn't matter what the reasons are. Words are wind. This game speaks for itself.
I know why companies exist. I work for one and my wife owns her own company. The problem is EA seems to have purposely hidden as many details about the game as possible in an effort to not thwart pre order sales.

They show a God awful Battleship scene at 2014 E3 and fail to deliver a boatload of old gen features for a next gen title that is 2 years in the making.

Why we should expect anything else from EA at this point is beyond me. The company has simply gotten too big and the beast must be fed. They know where they make their money when it comes to sports games and it's with FIFA and Madden.

# 37 jakeandrew @ 07/14/15 12:22 PM
Man, this game really bums me out. I put in more hours in TW PGA Tour 14 than any other game of the last gen and was super pumped for this. This is the most bareboned sports game I've ever played... My favorite things I was looking forward to doing were putting myself and my wife in the game with Gameface and playing in the Masters. No Gameface, no women, no Masters. Heck, no replays, no event calendar, no trophy presentations, no country clubs, and the list goes on...
It's a real shame because the actual gameplay is pretty much rock solid. I haven't been this let down in a long, long time.

# 38 Flightwhite24 @ 07/14/15 12:26 PM
Here are the results of my 1st tourney on the tour. SMH

Tour Difficulty

Fun I will admit but IGN was on the money at least with the score imo.

TW14 was the most played game in my 30 plus years of gaming so my expectations were high. Keeping hope alive that EA fixes this shallow mess of a game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 39 Barto @ 07/14/15 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMPBLACKMAMBA24
Here are the results of my 1st tourney on the tour. SMH

Tour Difficulty

Fun I will admit but IGN was on the money at least with the score imo.

TW14 was the most played game in my 30 plus years of gaming so my expectations were high. Keeping hope alive that EA fixes this shallow mess of a game.

Sandbagger!

# 40 Flightwhite24 @ 07/14/15 12:35 PM
Quote:
Sandbagger!

Trust me I'm not as good as some of the Vets from OS Bushwood CC.

That group that we had on Xbox 360/TW14 were amazing!! Now that was fun

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.