Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

TrueAchievements have posted the NBA 2K16 achievements and it has revealed quite a few interesting nuggets of information.

According to the list, NBA 2K16 will feature the Summer League in both MyGM and MyLEAGUE. It also confirmed MyLEAGUE Online, team relocation and 3 team trades.

There are quite a few other achievements for MyTEAM, MyLEAGUE, MyGM, MyPARK, MyCAREER, but nothing for CREW fans, so take it for what it's worth.

Other notable Achievements:
  • Win all 10 games of 'Greatest of All-Time' in Play Now Online.
  • Announce where your college ball will be played at.
  • Discover your first rune in MyTEAM.
  • Complete the 10th game of The Gauntlet in MyTEAM.
  • Unlock Historic Domination in MyTEAM.
Thanks for the heads up @RareBishop!

For those of you that have missed out on the recent news about the game, we've highlighted some of them below.For more news and media on the game, check out the NBA 2K16 page.

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 BA2929 @ 07/14/15 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruff Ryder
I don't know how colleges are implemented but one observation is that all of the covers feature the player in their college attire. The Jordan cover is the only one that has the UNC jersey photoshopped with the logo/lettering removed.
They could have gotten licensing deals with a few big name schools and the schools from the cover guys, but left out a majority of them. It probably wouldn't be possible to secure licenses for 300+ individual schools. We'll probably end up with teams like "Ann Arbor" and "Tuscaloosa" with the regular school colors.

On the other hand, they DO say the college name when you're drafted in 2k. So it's quite possible you can declare you're going to "The University of Kansas" (for example), but you never actually play any games as the 'Kansas Jayhawks'. Just a red and blue team with no logos that's called 'Lawrence' or something in the games.

# 62 Clappington @ 07/14/15 04:30 PM
If I can move someone to seattle it's over! maybe move em to Vegas idk yet! we gone see!

# 63 DirtyDozen @ 07/14/15 04:41 PM
This is pretty cool news. Summer League is a nice addition, but team re-location is huge. Once I'm in charge there will be one less team in Oklahoma City and one more back in Seattle where it belongs.

# 64 Wildcats302 @ 07/14/15 04:41 PM
Sounds awesome. Team relocation sounds great.

Anyone know is create a team might return this coming game? I want to create an all Kentucky Wildcats alumni team. Yes, I know I can just put them all on a current roster like the Lakers or Grizzlies or whoever...but I like to try to create a Kentucky NBA team. It makes it more interesting.

As far s the college speculation...I'm not going to get my hopes up as it could simply be announcing where you want to go. Knowing 2k, I doubt that is the full extent of it. I will cry tears of joy if we can play actual games, and if they somehow got permission to use Kentucky's actual uniforms and such in the game I'd probably have to give myplayer a shot for once. A 64 team (technically 68) team tournament would be very fun to do, even if most of the opponents were generic like "Durham Demons" and "Gainsville Crocs" or whatever.

# 65 kadzier @ 07/14/15 04:54 PM
so about the signing day achievement ... Does that mean we might potentially get to play high school games before we sign with a college? Omg this is reminding me of NCAA 14, so good

Although I wanna know what the hell is up with this Vic character. Hopefully he isn't some annoying recurring dude we don't need, like Jackson Ellis 2.0

# 66 Captain Fear @ 07/14/15 04:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcats302
Sounds awesome. Team relocation sounds great.

Anyone know is create a team might return this coming game? I want to create an all Kentucky Wildcats alumni team. Yes, I know I can just put them all on a current roster like the Lakers or Grizzlies or whoever...but I like to try to create a Kentucky NBA team. It makes it more interesting.

As far s the college speculation...I'm not going to get my hopes up as it could simply be announcing where you want to go. Knowing 2k, I doubt that is the full extent of it. I will cry tears of joy if we can play actual games, and if they somehow got permission to use Kentucky's actual uniforms and such in the game I'd probably have to give myplayer a shot for once. A 64 team (technically 68) team tournament would be very fun to do, even if most of the opponents were generic like "Durham Demons" and "Gainsville Crocs" or whatever.
Gainesville Crocs? There is a difference between gators and crocodiles. Just saying.

# 67 Junior Moe @ 07/14/15 05:06 PM
Damn 2K! You guys are NOT messing around this year.

# 68 Trackball @ 07/14/15 05:10 PM
Is it weird of me that I'm most excited for TEAM RELOCATION?

Finally, I can give Seattle back the Supersonics (I'd rather it be an expansion team, but there you go)!

Or maybe I can finally give Vancouver a team that wins more than 30 games in a season!

Or maybe going to Kansas City and putting the Sprint Center to use!

Or maybe giving Kentucky a PRO team and bringing back the ABA's Kentucky Colonels!

Oh man oh man, I want MORE INFO ON THIS!

# 69 threattonature @ 07/14/15 05:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuwopGeezus
PLEASE tell me MyLeague Online is like Online Associations please!!
Now I'm excited about the game. This and being able to play high school and/or college games would be huge to me. But mainly online myleague. The game is so much more fun with other human users.

# 70 Chadillac110 @ 07/14/15 05:41 PM
With the addition of college in 2K16 is 2K hinting at a comeback of the College Hoops Series

# 71 Boilerbuzz @ 07/14/15 05:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amedawg00
Myleague Online. Say no more. To all of my OA brethren who helped keep hope alive in the epic OL thread, our efforts were not in vain. I told yall to never lose hope and 2k has rewarded our faith and determination to get their attention. ***tears of joy***

LOL! I KNEW you'd be the first one on this.

# 72 Boilerbuzz @ 07/14/15 05:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertgriffin10
Omfg I'm about to go crazy. I was thinking of not taking my Xbox one to purdue with me since its gonna be my freshman year and I didn't want any distractions but screw that. 2k16 will no doubt compete with 2k11 for the best nba game every created.
You're a future Boiler! Congrats! You're obviously a smart guy, but stay away from my daughter!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryClay1844
Hey kid, unless you are going to be an engineer, college is easy so xbox away.
Clearly a man that knows. Purdue engineering is no joke. But I may be a little biased.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb12780
Why does this have to turn into an EA/Live bashing? EA has nothing to do with this.
Maybe it has something to do with this post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhawkfootball06
Disappointing to see nothing about crew...

NBA Live's "crew" mode or (EASBL) is looking more and more appealing.
So, it's OK to do these kinds of posts at every turn? Why not just leave Live out of a thread about 2K achievement leaks. I think it's silly to think the achievements are to be taken as even HALF of the features list. Yet, dudes are ready to jump off a bridge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadillac110
With the addition of college in 2K16 is 2K hinting at a comeback of the College Hoops Series
Wow. You guys really go crazy over the slightest bit of "news". I HIGHLY doubt this is the case. No offense. And sorry for being a downer. I don't see anyone doing college sports games for a while. There is just far too many roadblocks nowadays.

# 73 Wildcats302 @ 07/14/15 06:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Fear
Gainesville Crocs? There is a difference between gators and crocodiles. Just saying.
Yes, I am fully aware of that. I was intentionally putting a fictional spin on Duke and Florida's names.

# 74 NINJAK2 @ 07/14/15 06:20 PM
Coach mode returning??Man I hope so..

No tracked gamers have this Achievement

Virtual Clipboard15 (15)
Coach a game using SimCast Live in MyGM/MyLEAGUE. (Secret)
0.0There are no guides - add a guide

# 75 vtcrb @ 07/14/15 06:20 PM
I have to say that NBA D League seems to the NEXT Announcement. Keeping my fingers crossed.

# 76 BluFu @ 07/14/15 06:20 PM
MLO, team relocation & 3 team trades are huge. Just waiting on manual saves and jersey rebranding

# 77 Tybudd @ 07/14/15 06:42 PM
My League Online = Association Plus??

# 78 Caveman24 @ 07/14/15 06:50 PM
Man oh man!

# 79 Tybudd @ 07/14/15 07:01 PM

# 80 Hustle Westbrook @ 07/14/15 07:02 PM
Disappointed Crew probably isn't in the game but I'm excited for MyLeague Online.

I'm gonna get my elgato and PS4/Xbox One next week just for this game.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.