Home
Madden NFL 16 News Post

EA Sports has just revealed the top 10 Madden NFL 16 rookie ratings, along with a video of some of those rookies reacting to their ratings.

Below are the top 10 rookies in Madden NFL 16. More ratings on these players can be seen here.
  • Amari Cooper (82 OVR)
  • Jameis Winston (81 OVR)
  • Todd Gurley (80 OVR)
  • Leonard Williams (80 OVR)
  • Brandon Scherff (80 OVR)
  • Dante Fowler (79 OVR)
  • Melvin Gordon (78 OVR)
  • Kevin White (78 OVR)
  • Marcus Mariota (78 OVR)
  • Vic Beasley (77 OVR)

Madden NFL 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 16Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 24 - View All
Madden NFL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 TheBleedingRed21 @ 07/20/15 03:27 PM
Ahhhhh. I wanted to know Dorsetts rating.. Didn't know it was only top 10.

Can we have a TOS free day just once so I can say what I'm feeling right now?

(No not really...)

# 22 Playmakers @ 07/20/15 03:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Datninja619
"Gordon is an even better speed back than Gurley with 91 Speed, 88 Acceleration, 80 Elusiveness and 91 Spin Move. His 69 Trucking limits his inside runs, although he has 83 Stiff Arm."

I could work with those stats for Gordon. Elusiveness was a key stat for RBs last year, and it wasn't to expensive to upgrade.
Believe it or not even a guy with 69 trucking rating can bull over DT's and LB's simply because of the way EA has the ratings play out on the field.

I've seen it often a guy with truck rating less than 70 still over powering defenders....it's a ARCADE aspect of the game that they use every sinlge year.

You basically have to lower the RB Slider just to stop seeing non-sense on the field with players doing things that their ratings dicate they shouldn't be able to do.

Trucking and Stiff Arm are both always way over done by EA doing gameplay

# 23 Potatoes002 @ 07/20/15 04:20 PM
In one of the old Madden blogs wasn't the rookie WR scouted rated like a 86ovr? I'm curious how the generated classes will compare with the 2015 draft class.

# 24 urlacher51 @ 07/20/15 04:22 PM
Does anyone know if these are Donny Moore's ratings?

# 25 redsox4evur @ 07/20/15 04:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by urlacher51
Does anyone know if these are Donny Moore's ratings?
Yes they are...

# 26 MoneyOvaHuds @ 07/20/15 04:26 PM
Kevin White is going to be a beast , I can't wait

# 27 Godgers12 @ 07/20/15 04:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEBB2001
Yup, I agree. They obviously don't use verifiable hard data for metrics that should.

95 THP for Winston? That's just terrible. Watch all his underthrows at his pro day. They can't even "Youtube Scout" correctly.

Gurley a 91 SPD? We had him at a 4.52 BEFORE he got hurt. In 2014 we had him at 4.55. That is just awful.

Gordon is at least closer to justifying that 91 SPD with his best handheld time at the combine of 4.43, but still that is too high. Mariota (4.43 as well) with an 88 SPD is actually close to what it should be, but still a little high. However, Beasley ran a 4.50 hand-held and got an 88.

So you have Gordon and Mariota who both ran 4.43 but Gordon gets a 91 and Mariota gets an 88. THEN, Beasley ran a 4.50 but he also gets an 88? What the what are they doing over there?
There is game speed then there is gym short speed.

# 28 charter04 @ 07/20/15 04:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godgers12

I'm sure EA only goes by "game speed". That's why it's so consistently inconsistent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 29 georgiafan @ 07/20/15 04:53 PM
The biggest thing that jumped out to me was Winston's speed being overrated he ran 4.97 at the combine and has a 73 speed and 81 agility. He wasn't a threat to run the ball in college either as in 2 years he has 258 yards, 7 TD and under 2 yards a carry. With his size and strength numbers he will be a threat to pick up more yards in the game then in real life

# 30 oneamongthefence @ 07/20/15 04:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan
The biggest thing that jumped out to me was Winston's speed being overrated he ran 4.97 at the combine and has a 73 speed and 81 agility. He wasn't a threat to run the ball in college either as in 2 years he has 258 yards, 7 TD and under 2 yards a carry. With his size and strength numbers he will be a threat to pick up more yards in the game then in real life
He's rated almost identically to Josh Freeman when he came in and had very similar combine ratings. So it looks pretty consistent.

# 31 tommycoa @ 07/20/15 05:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
I'm sure EA only goes by "game speed". That's why it's so consistently inconsistent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Most skill players are consistently overrated on speed 8-10 points when you use a 40 time conversion chart. if they'd just rate the players more realistically, the game would be tons better. I wish they'd use fbgratings.com. The game would be instantly better.

# 32 DCEBB2001 @ 07/20/15 05:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godgers12
Game speed is a complete myth. Players are never faster on the field.

"Game Speed" is a product of athletic ability combined with anticipation, reaction, and technique.

Jerry Rice was never faster than a 4.58 over the course of 40 yards, but watch some of his route-running cutups from old 49er practices and you will see why he was able to turn a 1-yard cushion into 6 yards of separation after the top of his route. His ability to keep up that "4.58 speed" through his breaks without slowing down considerably allowed him to do so.

He didn't play faster; his technique allowed him to not slow down as much as his competition did when reacting to his breaking ability.

"Game Speed" is about technique, not speed.

# 33 gr18 @ 07/20/15 05:17 PM
Their thought process is that they have the players overall in mind and are dead set on it.Winston probably came out a 78 or 79 overall and they decided the best way to get him to 81 and a few points past Mariota would be to bump up his speed and throw power a couple of points.

Sadly,this is just what they've done forever.They basically rank the players by position and start toggling attributes to get to their desired result regardless of legitimacy.

# 34 DCEBB2001 @ 07/20/15 05:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04

Yup, which is exactly why we get speed boosts to players after a good game. If my team knocked over every defender on the field and I was able to limp to a 99yd TD (yeah, I kinda tore my achilles in a game this past March), I would get a speed ratings boost too with that crappy rating logic.

You know what game speed really is? A MLB with SPD=68, AWR=99, and PRC=99 getting to the sideline before a RB with SPD=99 because he knew the tendency of the formation, play concept, and proper pursuit angle. THAT is "game speed".

Can we simply move to strike the phrase "game speed" from all future discussions around here?

# 35 Number999 @ 07/20/15 05:42 PM
About what I expected.... sigh. I know you can't rate these guys all 60s but I was hoping that a lot of them already wouldn't be rated higher than proven veterans.

# 36 NDAlum @ 07/20/15 05:52 PM
It doesn't matter they are low. Just boost their AWR and their OVR jumps to like a 90.

That's my problem with how they rate guys.

# 37 KingV2k3 @ 07/20/15 06:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
It doesn't matter they are low. Just boost their AWR and their OVR jumps to like a 90.

Yeah, they have the rookies come in with disproportionately low AWR and then jack the other attributes to jiggle them up to a decent OVR...

If you use XP on AWR, you end up with a few HOF level players in every draft class after a couple seasons...

Add the ratings issues to the legacy issues with progression / regression / XP and "Confidence" to the AI not valuing ANY player that's below a 75 OVR and you have one cascading mess...

Once they arrive at a realistic rating system, those ratings need to not only translate to how they play out on the field, but how they fit into the "off the field" universe as well...

# 38 sir psycho @ 07/20/15 06:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum

Agreed. Just look at Mariota's ratings, they're crazy. 87 short accuracy, 88 mid accuracy, 90 throw on run. That combined with the great athletic ratings and he's already a top 10 QB in the game despite the 78 OVR...and despite having never taken a snap in the league and having plenty of question marks(like all rookies).

We need to get some "Dan for Ratings Czar" bumper stickers printed up...

# 39 GoodImmigrant @ 07/20/15 06:30 PM
New Madden Curse
All the rookies who complain about their madden rating are going to be busts in the NFL.

# 40 Godgers12 @ 07/20/15 07:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan
You can't use college rushing numbers to gauge a QB's rushing ability since sacks count against a QB's rushing yards in college whereas they don't in the NFL. So 258 yards and 7 TD is actually pretty impressive over a 2 year span for a pocket QB.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.