Home
FIFA 16 News Post

EA has signed an exclusive three-year deal with Real Madrid making EA Sports the official videogame partner of the Spanish club. FIFA 16 will feature updated 3D head scans of fourteen of Real Madrid's most popular players, including Cristiano Ronaldo, James Rodríguez and Karim Benzema. Check out the video to see them in action and some new screenshots have also been released, showing off the new player likeness.

Read the full press release below.

EA SPORTS PARTNERS WITH REAL MADRID C.F. AS OFFICIAL VIDEOGAME PARTNER

Real Madrid C.F. Stars Get New Player Likeness for EA SPORTS FIFA 16

Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: EA) and Real Madrid C.F. today announced that they have signed a three year partnership that will see EA SPORTS™ become the exclusive and official videogame partner of one of the world’s most popular football clubs.

“We’re honored to welcome Real Madrid as an official partner club and the opportunity to bring fans even closer to the team through unique experiences and authentic player likeness in the game,” said Jamie McKinlay, Vice President of Marketing, EA SPORTS. “Real Madrid is one of the most popular clubs in the world and that’s also true within our game; we are looking forward to building a deeper connection with the club in the coming years.”

As part of the partnership, EA SPORTS FIFA 16 will include updated 3D head scans of fourteen of Real Madrid’s most popular players. New player likeness for Cristiano Ronaldo, Sergio Ramos, James Rodriguez, Luka Modrić, Karim Benzema, and others will enhance the authenticity of the FIFA franchise. Fans will also find out which of their favorite stars rules the virtual pitch when Real Madrid players compete in an exclusive FIFA 16 video game tournament later this season.

Emilio Butragueño, Director of Institutional Relations, Real Madrid C.F. said, “We’re delighted to be working with EA SPORTS as our official videogame partner. They’re the market leading brand in football videogames and we can’t wait to start working together to give both our fans unforgettable experiences. Many of our players are big FIFA gamers and I know they can’t wait to play FIFA 16.”

The partnership extends into the Bernabéu, Real Madrid’s storied home pitch, on game day as the stadium’s big screen will occasionally display player celebrations rendered with EA SPORTS FIFA after home team goals. Those visiting the stadium will also have a chance to get a hands-on experience with FIFA 16 in a new experiential area at the Bernabéu. In addition, fans can expect to see EA SPORTS content in the stadium and on Real Madrid’s digital channels.

Real Madrid C.F. join other EA SPORTS partner clubs around the world from top leagues including Spain’s La Liga, the Barclays Premier League in England, the Bundesliga in Germany, and Ligue 1 in France, among others.

FIFA 16 will be available starting September 22, 2015 in North America on Origin™ on PC, Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, Xbox 360® games and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®4 and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment systems.

FIFA 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view FIFA 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view FIFA 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view FIFA 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view FIFA 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view FIFA 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view FIFA 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view FIFA 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: FIFA 16Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 2 - View All
FIFA 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 jb12780 @ 07/21/15 09:04 AM
So Messi is on the cover and they partner with Real? Interesting.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

# 2 Yuss @ 07/21/15 09:11 AM
Does this mean Real Madrid won't be in any other games such as PES?

Sent from my LG-D415 using Tapatalk

# 3 bxphenom7 @ 07/21/15 10:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuss

No, La Liga is fully licensed in PES, just confirmed on twitter.

# 4 speedtrucker @ 07/21/15 10:04 AM
good in that my favorite team gets a much needed make over, they are 1 of the top 2 most popular/used teams in the game and half of their team looks nothing like their real-life counterparts.

bad in that this to me kinda confirms that La Liga will go another year without the true treatment they deserve. if the EPL gets full treatment in FIFA and is basically the 2nd/3rd best league in the world over the last 7+ years, La Liga should get the same treatment with all the stadiums getting inclusion and a broadcast overlay that resembles something used by Bein or whichever world broadcast they'd like to use. (same goes for Bundesliga, they need it too)

# 5 elgreazy1 @ 07/21/15 10:25 AM
Exclusive licensing is really ruining sports games. As mentioned before, it doesn't effect PES but at want point will this affect future sports games? We already see what Madden did to the football game market*; one shouldn't put it past EA to do so with other sports.

* This is not bad business, it just sucks for sports gamers.

# 6 Fedor_52 @ 07/21/15 10:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuss

like bxphenom said, they will be in the game, but EA has the right for all the spanish stadiums, so no camp nou or bernabeu anytime soon in pes

# 7 KennyJ1976 @ 07/21/15 11:21 AM
Another useless exclusive license by EA Sports. For a company that clearly controls the soccer videogame market, EA Sports seems pretty threatened by the competition of KONAMI. Instead of trying to buy out the competition, how about continuing to improve your game and letting the gameplay speak for itself.

# 8 bxphenom7 @ 07/21/15 12:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyJ1976
Another useless exclusive license by EA Sports. For a company that clearly controls the soccer videogame market, EA Sports seems pretty threatened by the competition of KONAMI. Instead of trying to buy out the competition, how about continuing to improve your game and letting the gameplay speak for itself.
That wouldn't be very EA.

# 9 Zac @ 07/21/15 12:14 PM
This really makes little sense. Making exclusive partnership deals with individual teams.

# 10 Turbojugend @ 07/21/15 12:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZO
This really makes little sense. Making exclusive partnership deals with individual teams.
It doesn't add much to the FIFA game itself, but it's a huge deal for EA in terms of brand identity:

"The partnership extends into the Bernabéu, Real Madrid’s storied home pitch, on game day as the stadium’s big screen will occasionally display player celebrations rendered with EA SPORTS FIFA after home team goals. Those visiting the stadium will also have a chance to get a hands-on experience with FIFA 16 in a new experiential area at the Bernabéu. In addition, fans can expect to see EA SPORTS content in the stadium and on Real Madrid’s digital channels."

So basically, cross-branding in one of the world's most popular football stadiums.

# 11 KG @ 07/21/15 01:01 PM
That Varane looks horrible

# 12 Zac @ 07/21/15 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbojugend
It doesn't add much to the FIFA game itself, but it's a huge deal for EA in terms of brand identity:

"The partnership extends into the Bernabéu, Real Madrid’s storied home pitch, on game day as the stadium’s big screen will occasionally display player celebrations rendered with EA SPORTS FIFA after home team goals. Those visiting the stadium will also have a chance to get a hands-on experience with FIFA 16 in a new experiential area at the Bernabéu. In addition, fans can expect to see EA SPORTS content in the stadium and on Real Madrid’s digital channels."

So basically, cross-branding in one of the world's most popular football stadiums.
That is my point. Announcing it like its some special thing players of the game should care about. It makes little sense. It has no bearing on the game at all. Its only a marketing thing for them in the real world. Which is very little to be honest. Because who doesn't know about EA sports and their FIFA game.

But now that I've thought about it a little. Maybe it could. Maybe there are people out there that see this and think, crap my favorite team wont be in PES, guess I have to buy FIFA this year. Who knows.

# 13 Ermolli @ 07/21/15 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZO
It makes sense to me because it lets EA scan their players, use their stadium and chants, besides as Turbojugend said it's a way to promote the game during Real Madrid's home games. I hate these type of partnerships and exclusivity but it is what it is.

# 14 jb12780 @ 07/21/15 01:18 PM
Does that mean if in the game the managers don't win the champions cup they will be sacked?

# 15 pjburrage @ 07/21/15 01:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jb12780

This is the one thing that made me chuckle. They've unveiled all those covers in the past 48 hours, all with Messi front and centre, then this news. Guessing Madrid will get an exclusive cover for the copies they get to sell.

# 16 Ermolli @ 07/21/15 01:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jb12780

Barcelona has been partner with EA since FIFA 14.

# 17 dubcity @ 07/21/15 02:57 PM
Lol, they'd be better off building the faces from scratch like PES. The whole "scanning" method is such crap.

# 18 Zac @ 07/21/15 03:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubcity
Lol, they'd be better off building the faces from scratch like PES. The whole "scanning" method is such crap.
I for one couldn't care less about facial scans being in the game. I never see the players faces anyways. Its seems utterly pointless to me.

# 19 Review @ 07/21/15 06:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
That Varane looks horrible

Yup. Ronaldo and Marcelo look bad as well. James, Kroos, Benz and Isco look good though

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

# 20 RoyceDa59 @ 07/21/15 10:42 PM
But will this make them play like Real Madrid that is question.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.