Home
Madden NFL 16 News Post

EA Sports has released more Madden NFL 16 ratings. Below are the top 5 running backs in Madden NFL 16, more ratings on these players can be seen here.
  • Marshawn Lynch (96 OVR)
  • Adrian Peterson (95 OVR)
  • Jamaal Charles (94 OVR)
  • DeMarco Murray (94 OVR)
  • Le'Veon Bell (94 OVR)
Previously released Madden NFL 16 player ratings:

Madden NFL 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 16Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 24 - View All
Madden NFL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 DCEBB2001 @ 07/22/15 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakingBad2013
I like the speed/acceleration idea a ton.

How can you re-rate or re-image actual position based attributes?
Well to me, one thing we can avoid is this huge translation issue. Use the attributes that the data uses as well as the scale that the data uses.

I know...expect more bricks...or tomatoes...

I really, really, want EA to use the 0.0-5.0 scale for these attributes. Probably won't happen, but if it did, then I wouldn't need to translate anything.

Once again, how REAL does EA want this to be? If your team in CFM has "scouts and GMs", then why aren't we using scales (either from in-house sources, like my own, or BLESTO/National) that the most reputable scouting services use? They don't use 0-100 point scales, so why should Madden.

The biggest problem would be shifting perception and sacrificing that perception for realism. The highest grades you would see would be pegging 4.5/5.0, which is about the same as having a 90 as the highest grade in Madden for any attribute. The highest one I have ever seen is Junior Seau's field savvy attribute, which correlates best to the AWR rating in the game, and that was only a 4.8 (96 in Madden). Most others don't even come close.

The other side of this is getting the game to play out better on the field with the new ratings. It would be a massive undertaking, perhaps too large for the unstoppable machine that Madden currently is.

I guess a guy can dream though.

# 82 BreakingBad2013 @ 07/22/15 03:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEBB2001
Well to me, one thing we can avoid is this huge translation issue. Use the attributes that the data uses as well as the scale that the data uses.

I know...expect more bricks...or tomatoes...

I really, really, want EA to use the 0.0-5.0 scale for these attributes. Probably won't happen, but if it did, then I wouldn't need to translate anything.

Once again, how REAL does EA want this to be? If your team in CFM has "scouts and GMs", then why aren't we using scales (either from in-house sources, like my own, or BLESTO/National) that the most reputable scouting services use? They don't use 0-100 point scales, so why should Madden.

The biggest problem would be shifting perception and sacrificing that perception for realism. The highest grades you would see would be pegging 4.5/5.0, which is about the same as having a 90 as the highest grade in Madden for any attribute. The highest one I have ever seen is Junior Seau's field savvy attribute, which correlates best to the AWR rating in the game, and that was only a 4.8 (96 in Madden). Most others don't even come close.

The other side of this is getting the game to play out better on the field with the new ratings. It would be a massive undertaking, perhaps too large for the unstoppable machine that Madden currently is.

I guess a guy can dream though.
Would there ever be a way to have these ratings as underlying/hidden, where team management would be based off of physicals, stats, and a collection of "feel" play. For example, inviting draftees to visit or going to their pro day where you could have a hands on feel for that player, his physical attributes, college stats, and base your judgment off of that?

This would essentially become the most earth shattering thing EA could do to re-imagine madden. Also, it would add tons of immersion and playability to the video game, would have a tremendous impact on free agency and the draft, also allows users to be a bit more tied to the players.

# 83 sir psycho @ 07/22/15 04:21 PM
Quote:
Would there ever be a way to have these ratings as underlying/hidden, where team management would be based off of physicals, stats, and a collection of "feel" play. For example, inviting draftees to visit or going to their pro day where you could have a hands on feel for that player, his physical attributes, college stats, and base your judgment off of that?

This would essentially become the most earth shattering thing EA could do to re-imagine madden. Also, it would add tons of immersion and playability to the video game, would have a tremendous impact on free agency and the draft, also allows users to be a bit more tied to the players.
YES! I truly believe that the ability to hide ratings would be one of the best things that could possibly happen for franchise mode. It's such a simple thing that would have a huge increase on how realistic teams/rosters are managed.

Actually having to judge position battles based off of how they perform on the field as opposed to a set of numbers would be great. You would actually have to play with your draft picks to determine whether or not they are busts, and it could take you multiple seasons to know for sure...as opposed to the current way where you can know immediately. There are so many other examples, but I've said them all before on these forums. Bottom line, hiding ratings would be amazing for franchise mode.

# 84 briz1046 @ 07/22/15 04:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sir psycho
YES! I truly believe that the ability to hide ratings would be one of the best things that could possibly happen for franchise mode. It's such a simple thing that would have a huge increase on how realistic teams/rosters are managed.

Actually having to judge position battles based off of how they perform on the field as opposed to a set of numbers would be great. You would actually have to play with your draft picks to determine whether or not they are busts, and it could take you multiple seasons to know for sure...as opposed to the current way where you can know immediately. There are so many other examples, but I've said them all before on these forums. Bottom line, hiding ratings would be amazing for franchise mode.
I can't say in truth I'd be in favour of hiding ratings completely under the hood as this strikes me as unrealistic
In reality coaches have hard data from the combine etc and reports from scouts other than themselves
A compromise that would appeal however would be to see combine data and maybe a letter grade for more intangible attributes for each player rather than the current 0-100 scale for every category

# 85 BreakingBad2013 @ 07/22/15 05:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by briz1046
I can't say in truth I'd be in favour of hiding ratings completely under the hood as this strikes me as unrealistic
In reality coaches have hard data from the combine etc and reports from scouts other than themselves
A compromise that would appeal however would be to see combine data and maybe a letter grade for more intangible attributes for each player rather than the current 0-100 scale for every category
But often this information is incorrect, and even sometimes irrelevant. Every team drafts a bust, every team finds a gem. In madden, ratings allow users to instantly list where that player fits, if he'll start, without even playing with him once. Highly unrealistic. There are combine workout monsters every year, however not all of them are superstars, or even 1st-2nd round picks.

Imagine visiting a player and actually feeling his gameplay before you draft him, and you decide he's the best player you worked out, and take him first round. He comes to your team, and you put him in as your starting WR. So you go through the season, and you notice he's just barely getting open on timing routes, but is doing amazing on streaks and RAC routes. This would give you the impression, that this kid isn't a route runner, but he is a high speed matchup nightmare.

It would bring busts back into Madden as well. There's a LB with all of the perfect measurables, fast, strong, you skip his workout. He comes drafted top 15, you're excited as heck, "Patrick Willis 2.0" you dub him.

Gets on the field and has absolutely no idea where his assignment is, attacking the wrong holes, getting g stuck on blocks, etc. You'll be devasated.

On the flip side, you are filtering through some late round prospects. Guys with injury issues in the past, limited playing time, or guys with just marginal stats. You come accross an OT with okay college career stats, a ton of starts, but let up a few too many sacks. You draft him, 6th round. He's 6'4 319. You play in pre-season, and realize he's holding his own a bit, still giving him limited player directed his way. You start noticing he's handling his man almost everytime you run the ball, even getting to the second level.

You drop back, and the DE goes right around him. So you mull over before your final cuts, your starting OG is 34 and has just been a stopgap for you. You ask if the player will change positions to kick inside to OG, he says yes.

He becomes your best run blocker, and doesn't have to worry about getting beat by speed rushers inside at guard. Perfect selection!

I could go on with examples all day. It would make you aware of who you need to replace (by gameplay feel not rating #), your weaknesses can be pointed out by an opponent or vice verse and you'd have to over compensate for that weakness, thus pulling help from somewhere else/becomming one dimensional, and it would make users feel like they can actually put together a team, realisitcally.

Also, I didn't say they couldn't use scouting reports, small opinions like " player struggles under pressure" or " this kid really had a nose for the ball" etc, but no concrete letter/number grade that follows the player around.

Even in FA, maybe schefter has a audio clip when searching through FA " Asante Samuel understands how to take the ball away, however he sometimes guess wrong and doesn't prefer physicality" etc.

Also, physical ratings could be visible maybe by split times, 40 time, bench press, cone drills, vertical, broad jump, height weight, thats common knowledge. But actual intangible ratings... No

# 86 briz1046 @ 07/22/15 05:18 PM
Quote:
But often this information is incorrect, and even sometimes irrelevant. Every team drafts a bust, every team finds a gem. In madden, ratings allow users to instantly list where that player fits, if he'll start, without even playing with him once. Highly unrealistic. There are combine workout monsters every year, however not all of them are superstars, or even 1st-2nd round picks.

Imagine visiting a player and actually feeling his gameplay before you draft him, and you decide he's the best player you worked out, and take him first round. He comes to your team, and you put him in as your starting WR. So you go through the season, and you notice he's just barely getting open on timing routes, but is doing amazing on streaks and RAC routes. This would give you the impression, that this kid isn't a route runner, but he is a high speed matchup nightmare.

It would bring busts back into Madden as well. There's a LB with all of the perfect measurables, fast, strong, you skip his workout. He comes drafted top 15, you're excited as heck, "Patrick Willis 2.0" you dub him.

Gets on the field and has absolutely no idea where his assignment is, attacking the wrong holes, getting g stuck on blocks, etc. You'll be devasated.

On the flip side, you are filtering through some late round prospects. Guys with injury issues in the past, limited playing time, or guys with just marginal stats. You come accross an OT with okay college career stats, a ton of starts, but let up a few too many sacks. You draft him, 6th round. He's 6'4 319. You play in pre-season, and realize he's holding his own a bit, still giving him limited player directed his way. You start noticing he's handling his man almost everytime you run the ball, even getting to the second level.

You drop back, and the DE goes right around him. So you mull over before your final cuts, your starting OG is 34 and has just been a stopgap for you. You ask if the player will change positions to kick inside to OG, he says yes.

He becomes your best run blocker, and doesn't have to worry about getting beat by speed rushers inside at guard. Perfect selection!

I could go on with examples all day. It would make you aware of who you need to replace (by gameplay feel not rating #), your weaknesses can be pointed out by an opponent or vice verse and you'd have to over compensate for that weakness, thus pulling help from somewhere else/becomming one dimensional, and it would make users feel like they can actually put together a team, realisitcally.

Also, I didn't say they couldn't use scouting reports, small opinions like " player struggles under pressure" or " this kid really had a nose for the ball" etc, but no concrete letter/number grade that follows the player around.

Even in FA, maybe schefter has a audio clip when searching through FA " Asante Samuel understands how to take the ball away, however he sometimes guess wrong and doesn't prefer physicality" etc.

Also, physical ratings could be visible maybe by split times, 40 time, bench press, cone drills, vertical, broad jump, height weight, thats common knowledge. But actual intangible ratings... No
I think we can agree to disagree on this , I play only on coach mode so the *feel* of a player as I control him means nothing to me I'm afraid
I don't really believe any coach sends players out on the field blind tbh . During drills etc coaches will establish at least a semblance of a players strengths and weaknesses. You could do this for yourself using practice mode but this would be time consuming
Having said that allowing ratings to be hidden as a menu option would satisfy all . The game should be all about options and allowing the customer to play in any way they choose, at least offline,

# 87 ANDROMADA 1 @ 07/24/15 12:51 PM
Arian Foster not top five?

# 88 DCEBB2001 @ 07/24/15 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ANDROMADA 1
Arian Foster not top five?
I have him at #7 if that means anything...

# 89 4thQtrStre5S @ 07/24/15 04:31 PM
Besides this being a cool article about RB Eddie Lacy, the highlight reel shows some awesome runs and things you will not see in Madden, but happen in the NFL; notice at :50 seconds, watch something you will not see in Madden, as Jordy Nelson jets passed Lacy to make a block; there is no real speed differential in MAdden..

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...t-rbs-ive-seen

# 90 4thQtrStre5S @ 07/24/15 04:35 PM
Eddie Lacy is the first RB I have seen where thoughts of Earl Campbell popped into my head...

# 91 ANDROMADA 1 @ 07/24/15 09:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEBB2001
I have him at #7 if that means anything...
Cool, I was just wondering. I think he is still a top talent.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.