Home
F1 2015 News Post

F1 2015 is available today for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC. If you missed the features trailer, you can watch it here. We've posted the full press release below.

Get some laps in and post your impressions!

RACE LIKE A CHAMPION AS F1 2015 ACCELERATES INTO STORES IN THE AMERICAS TODAY

STUNNING NEW GAME ENGINE AND ‘BROADCAST PRESENTATION’ VISUALS BRING F1™ 2015 TO LIFE

Codemasters® today announced the launch of F1 2015, the official videogame of the 2015 FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP™, racing into stores throughout North and Latin America today and will be available in Brazil on July 24, 2015. Distributed by BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America Inc. F1 2015 arrives earlier in the season compared to previous Codemasters FORMULA ONE™ releases. The launch of F1 2015 marks the award-winning series’ debut on PlayStation® 4 computer entertainment system and Xbox One. The game is also available for Windows PC through STEAM.

F1 2015 delivers a truly immersive experience thanks to an all-new ‘broadcast presentation’ style that recreates the unique race day atmosphere of a GRAND PRIX™, complete with introductory grid sequences, new motion-captured pit stops by a real world pit crew, and the iconic podium celebrations. Using voice recognition technology available for Xbox One and PlayStation 4 consoles, players can become immersed in the cockpit, engaging with their race engineer through in-game voice commands with Kinect for Xbox One and the PlayStation®Camera or compatible headsets and microphones for PlayStation 4. Players compete as their favorite FORMULA ONE star in the all-new Championship Season and push themselves to the limit in the challenging Pro Season mode. The game also features fully playable 2014 FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP™ bonus content.

F1 2015 takes players closer to the real-world experience of racing in the world’s most glamorous, exciting and prestigious motorsport, thanks to a brand new version of Codemasters’ proprietary EGO game engine. In addition to spectacular visual fidelity, F1 2015 offers a significant step forward in the physics-based handling model of the game, which is designed to be inclusive for both seasoned players and those new to the series. The handling model offers enhancements and additions in over 20 areas, including engine and transmission, aerodynamics, fuel tank, force feedback, suspension and most notably, a brand new tire physics model, to recreate the breathtaking handling characteristics of the world’s fastest and most responsive racing cars.

F1 2015 is now available on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Windows PC via STEAM and is rated E for Everyone by the ESRB.

Game: F1 2015Reader Score: Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 0 - View All
F1 2015 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 geisterhome @ 07/29/15 10:17 AM
Guys, would you recommend me to wait a month or 2 till the game is fully patched?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

# 62 BL8001 @ 07/29/15 11:24 AM
If you can afford it and you are interested in the game I would say buy it straight up.
EDIT: also adding that I got this through best buy gamers club so I ended up paying $47 for it. My opinion, even though I like this game, $59.99 is too steep of a price for this

If you are into multiplayer racing then yes, hold off for the hopeful fixes.

But just single player racing the game is pretty damn amazing, and when you have no glitches in a race weekend it's a hell of a game.

One other tremendous thing, the replays. WOW! They are simply incredible. If you race a smooth clean race sit back and watch the broadcast replay.

I would say the replays rival the actual race telecasts. Plus you can flick back and forth through the cars. I have had the best time, post race, checking out the incident report then hunting down and watching things I never even knew happened while I was lapping the track.

# 63 BL8001 @ 07/30/15 05:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasFan2005

After playing a few sessions in Medium difficulty I had to switch it to Hard because I was winning too easily. Now I'm getting lapped by the end of the race and ending up in 10th position. I have a lot to learn in terms of basic car/racing mechanics, but the game is so good imo that I'm willing to take the time to learn.

I am playing on the same difficulty level but if I get in one of the big 3 makers cars I have to move it to legend or I run away with it.

Also if I find myself not just enjoying it and just playing in a relaxed way, you know, getting super serious and focused I can get low times in some of the middle of the pack cars.

I prefer to play the first way though. Just try to race clean and a little over the edge instead of full on.

Also the difficulty and tracks go hand and hand. on Hard I can get pole at monza in a toro rosso. But I know that track. I went to Malaysia in the rain last night and could only manage 11th in the rosso.

I was just taking a tour of some tracks last night. It's kind of cool to set it at no practice/1 shot qually/and whatever race setting gets you one pit stop.

1 shot qually is pretty cool because they toss out a ghost of the pole lap drivers run. I have not seen a ghost in other qualifying modes.

# 64 chunt04 @ 07/30/15 08:29 PM
That's cool. I just won my first race of the season, Melbourne, with Vettel on hard. Ferrari finished with a 1-2. Great race.

I felt like I was driving relaxed as well. I did not have a good first stint on the soft tires and burned through them in 5 laps, shifted to running primes the rest of the race on a 2 stop strategy, winning the race by 8 seconds. I just tried to conserve tires as much as humanly possible and out last everyone else.

I may switch to expert by the next race or so. When I'm dialed in, I can really drive the lap times down. I'll look to make changes if I start to win each race.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 65 berad88 @ 07/30/15 08:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasFan2005

The only complaint I have so far is that I wish that the engineer's voice was louder. I even turned on the subtitles to hear what he was saying, but all that did was create chaos because of distraction. I even tried playing with headphones, but even that didn't seem to work.
At first I turned on subtitles but due to the intensity of racing I would never get a chance to read them.

This is what I have done that has made the engineer louder. I play on xbox one so I am not sure how well this fix will work on other platforms.

1. Go to audio settings and turn the engineer volume to 100
2. In the audio settings turn down the engine sound and other noises down as low as it will let you.
3. Play the game and adjust the volume on your speakers so that the engines sound as loud as they used to. (I use a stereo sound bar and also have the audio set to stereo in game)

After doing these three steps I can now hear what the engineer is saying without any problems at all.

# 66 brandon27 @ 07/30/15 11:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunt04
Brandon, can you post your sound settings? I'd like to see what you have

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Effects 55
Vehicle 55
Music 75
Replay Music 50
Speech 100
Engineer speech Full
Output device: TV Speakers. (which is odd since I have a surround system setup, but I feel the voice comes across louder, and clearer this way)

# 67 Rules @ 07/30/15 11:40 PM
I'm not so sure AI car awareness is all that good. I keep getting rammed from behind going into the corners. Some of the hits destroy my car so hopefully this gets fixed.

# 68 berad88 @ 07/31/15 09:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rules
I'm not so sure AI car awareness is all that good. I keep getting rammed from behind going into the corners. Some of the hits destroy my car so hopefully this gets fixed.
I have had this happen a couple times. Those time it has happened to me I would use a flashback, then move over right away to give the AI room, then continue on racing. Of course this solution will not help anybody playing in pro season mode.
I have mixed feelings on it getting fixed. I love that the AI is aggressive and I am afraid if they try to fix it the AI might then become scared to try to make passes.

# 69 Rules @ 07/31/15 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by berad88
I have had this happen a couple times. Those time it has happened to me I would use a flashback, then move over right away to give the AI room, then continue on racing. Of course this solution will not help anybody playing in pro season mode.
I have mixed feelings on it getting fixed. I love that the AI is aggressive and I am afraid if they try to fix it the AI might then become scared to try to make passes.

There have been a few times they knocked my car completely off the track. Wondering if they get a black flag penalty for aggressive racing? I also noticed that the AI cars pass on yellow cautions when they are not allowed without any consequences. I turned off flashbacks but I guess I might have to start over and turn it back on.

# 70 BL8001 @ 07/31/15 11:10 AM
Yeah flashbacks are a necessity.

And the flag system is all wonky. If the flag system/penalties worked the collisions would not be so lopsided in their outcomes.

For example, I often get my front wing clipped by a CPU driver. Often in real life when a tire hits the wing it will puncture. So you have one car with a broken front wing and one car with a tyre puncture.

In the game you just have a broken wing. And the CPU suffers no time penalty for invoking contact.

Now all collisions should not be equal, but in this game none of the collisions are equal. So far with my experiences in the game, the human driver just constantly pays the full price for contact.

What is puzzling is, when you watch race replays and go look at the crashes where the cpu runs into itself, those have fairly distributed damage.

# 71 Rules @ 07/31/15 11:23 AM
Twice last night the CPU clipped my front tyres causing a puncture and requiring pitstops to replace. Even worse, my race was in the rain so even getting it back to the pits was a chore.

# 72 berad88 @ 08/01/15 12:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rules
Twice last night the CPU clipped my front tyres causing a puncture and requiring pitstops to replace. Even worse, my race was in the rain so even getting it back to the pits was a chore.
I got plowed off the track today and I used the flashback remedy. I have not had a single puncture yet. Now that I say that I will probably get 30 of them when I play tomorrow.

# 73 RunN1st @ 08/01/15 04:35 AM
I'm loving this game... Even record on Twitch to learn from my mistakes. Simply hooked.

# 74 bronxbombers21325 @ 08/06/15 06:42 AM
I am loving this game, but so far I am seeing way too much rain. I am getting ready to start round 4. To this point I have yet to go through an entire weekend without at least one of the sessions, be it pratice, qualifying, or race taking place in the rain.

# 75 brandon27 @ 08/06/15 07:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bronxbombers21325
I am loving this game, but so far I am seeing way too much rain. I am getting ready to start round 4. To this point I have yet to go through an entire weekend without at least one of the sessions, be it pratice, qualifying, or race taking place in the rain.
Strange. My first season I only had rain twice.

Second season, I'm about 14 races in, and had it maybe 3 times total.

# 76 basketballest @ 08/09/15 03:12 AM
Can't find a session on multiplayer???!?!?!

# 77 djep @ 08/09/15 01:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bronxbombers21325
If you're getting too much rain for your tastes you can quit all the way out of the game and get a different weather outlook. I was prepared to race Austria in downpour conditions but after loading the game back up it was bright and sunny.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.