Home
Madden NFL 16 News Post

EA Sports has released more Madden NFL 16 ratings. Below are the top 6 quarterbacks in Madden NFL 16, more ratings on these players can be seen here.
  • Aaron Rodgers (99 OVR)
  • Tom Brady (97 OVR)
  • Drew Brees (95 OVR)
  • Ben Roethlisberger (95 OVR)
  • Andrew Luck (94 OVR)
  • Tony Romo (93 OVR) - (via NFL)
Previously released Madden NFL 16 player ratings:

Madden NFL 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 16Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 24 - View All
Madden NFL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 KingV2k3 @ 07/23/15 12:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerkontheOS
Why's it awful? Cause you're used to Maddens over inflation of ratings? Whats the point of having a 0-100 scale if you only use 80-100?
A few years back, the franchise logic was altered to make any player below 75 OVR "disposable" to the CPU controlled AI...

Until they rewrite that logic, the range for ratings won't be able to be stretched out without consequence...

I would love to see EA implement Dan's ratings system, but they'd have to redesign how those ratings affect the engine, both on and off the field...

Too many "fixes" in the past led to breaking other things, so it's important to not just incorporate a new system, but to integrate it properly as well...

# 102 The Kid 24 @ 07/23/15 12:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah...THAT Guy
Never used the FBG ratings, but Dan is winning me over in these threads.

It's unfortunate that they won't do me any good in CFM though. Would be nice if Madden had customizable draft classes like other titles do.
Curious what you mean by this?

# 103 bloobloouk @ 07/23/15 12:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingV2k3
A few years back, the franchise logic was altered to make any player below 75 OVR "disposable" to the CPU controlled AI...

Until they rewrite that logic, the range for ratings won't be able to be stretched out without consequence...

I would love to see EA implement Dan's ratings system, but they'd have to redesign how those ratings affect the engine, both on and off the field...

Too many "fixes" in the past led to breaking other things, so it's important to not just incorporate a new system, but to integrate it properly as well...
This is one of the prime reasons why we need a better way of evaluating potential in players. You'd never see a low 70s rookie with huge growth potential being released in favour of a 78 rated 35 year old with a big cap hit.

# 104 bloobloouk @ 07/23/15 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kid 24
The draft class generator is geared to the default ratings. Therefore you end up with superhuman rookies flooding the league after just one season if you use the FBG ratings.

# 105 Yeah...THAT Guy @ 07/23/15 12:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kid 24

Once you finish a season and the EA generated rookies come in, they won't fit in with these ratings/the more spread out ratings would result in free agents signing too cheap.

Edit: ^^^^ beat me to it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 106 The Kid 24 @ 07/23/15 12:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloobloouk
The draft class generator is geared to the default ratings. Therefore you end up with superhuman rookies flooding the league after just one season if you use the FBG ratings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah...THAT Guy
Once you finish a season and the EA generated rookies come in, they won't fit in with these ratings/the more spread out ratings would result in free agents signing too cheap.

Edit: ^^^^ beat me to it

Ah... Makes sense now.

# 107 talucchesi @ 07/23/15 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEBB2001
You know the real funny thing about this is that I am just interpolating the scouting data. I am NOT rating these players. An NFL front office has scouts who are rating the players with this much of a gap. My bias is not included. If people understood that professional scouts who work for an NFL front office are saying that this is how players should be rated, would that change their minds?

If I am brought in to do these ratings, I would simply ignore people who are ignorant to the facts.
To be clear I looove the idea of your rating system, it separates the good from the great. What I have a problem with is when Tom Brady is not a top 5 quarterback, and I KNOW Nfl scouts, casual fans, fellow players, your grandma can all agree TB is a top 5 quarterback...

Now maybe the overall system needs to be adjusted. If the players play the way they do in real life in the game, thats awesome. But your rating system is gonna scare away a lot of people when Tom Brady isn't a top 5 qb

# 108 talucchesi @ 07/23/15 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaceMask
Yeah, except it's not. Aaron Rodgers had 3 bad regular season games, Romo only had 2. Romo statistically had a better playoff season as well: higher completion percentage, better QB rating, no INT's.

Aaron Rodgers wasn't even the best player in football to begin with. JJ Watt was, and had the Texans made the playoffs Watt would've been the NFL MVP.

Add that to Romo's case.
I respect your argument but I have to disagree a little bit.

To me, Romo had the almost EXACT same year Romo has every other year. The only difference? Slightly less mistakes and was asked to do slightly less. So if this is the case, Romo should be top 3 for winning MVP or best QB every year (shoot maybe he should lol, whole 'nother discussion).

The only thing that put Aaron ahead for me is that he had to carry a team, while in my opinion Romo wasn't even the most valuable to our team. IMO Dmo or the entire offensive line should be winning MVP over Tony

# 109 talucchesi @ 07/23/15 01:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEBB2001
The way I see it, if production and injuries affect the OVR score as separate attributes for scouts, why wouldn't it be a part of Madden? Or, why NOT have it a part of Madden. Seems to make sense to me. The people can see why a guy like Romo, IN THE OFFSEAON, is only a 73 OVR (still very good). They can look at his injury modifier (as part of the OVR grade) and make a decision to play him (risking further injury) or sit him until he gets healthy. Obviously teams take that chance in real life and sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Last year, it worked for Romo, and his OVR went up. Once the season ended, it went down.

That seems to be a dynamic answer to this problem. Give the users all the data they want and let them take the risks in their own CFM.
I second this, this sounds awesome

I apologize Dan for being so harsh earlier, I really like this idea now that I understand it fully

# 110 DCEBB2001 @ 07/23/15 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by talucchesi
To be clear I looove the idea of your rating system, it separates the good from the great. What I have a problem with is when Tom Brady is not a top 5 quarterback, and I KNOW Nfl scouts, casual fans, fellow players, your grandma can all agree TB is a top 5 quarterback...

Now maybe the overall system needs to be adjusted. If the players play the way they do in real life in the game, thats awesome. But your rating system is gonna scare away a lot of people when Tom Brady isn't a top 5 qb
Read the FAQ on my page about injuries/suspensions affecting the OVR grade. Once he gets cleared to be back on the field, his grade will go back up to what it was before the suspension was handed down:

http://www.fbgratings.com/members/ratings.php?genpos=QB

# 111 AP 17 @ 07/23/15 01:46 PM
http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/insider/story/_/id/13261036/league-insiders-rank-32-starting-quarterbacks-tiers-nfl

Everyone seems to be an expert. Well let's see what the real experts say. Brady not in the top 5, u must be a Jets fan!

# 112 Sheba2011 @ 07/23/15 02:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AP 17
http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/insider/story/_/id/13261036/league-insiders-rank-32-starting-quarterbacks-tiers-nfl

Everyone seems to be an expert. Well let's see what the real experts say. Brady not in the top 5, u must be a Jets fan!
When did ESPN become the real experts lol? Real experts at gossip and Lebron James fandom maybe.

# 113 gr18 @ 07/23/15 04:48 PM
No one should be surprised when Peyton is playing like a top 2 or 3 qb for at least the first half of the season anyway.Don't trust the second half though until I see otherwise.

# 114 Sheba2011 @ 07/24/15 03:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr18
No one should be surprised when Peyton is playing like a top 2 or 3 qb for at least the first half of the season anyway.Don't trust the second half though until I see otherwise.
Even as a Patriots/Brady fan I respect the hell out of Manning and think he is one of the top 10 greatest QB's to ever play the game. But I think his career is just about over. And with Baltimore, KC, Detroit, Green Bay and Indy in his first 8 games it might be a rough stretch. The final 8 is even worse KC, Chicago, New England, SD (twice), Pittsburgh and Cincy. Denver could be looking at a 6-7 win season this year.

# 115 The JareBear @ 07/24/15 03:52 AM
Peyton is absolutely not a top 5 qb anymore. If the Super Bowl is today and I have to pick a QB to win it for me I can think of 7 guys I take over him easily. He's still a low-upper or high-middle tier player due to his outstanding football IQ and ability to read defenses but physically he has extremely few tools left at his disposal

# 116 Yeah...THAT Guy @ 07/24/15 07:10 AM
I think you just gotta take a wait and see approach with Peyton from here on out. You know he's going to show up one year and just be finished basically. Despite the way last year ended, he was still one of the best QBs in the league for the overall year. If he's actually healthier this year like the reports say, there's no reason he can't be one of the best again.

If the season had ended after just half a season, you would have thought Peyton was top 3 and Brady was hitting the wall. The NFL season is very fluid.

# 117 TD3322 @ 07/24/15 08:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by talucchesi
Romo better be sixth here. Perception is truly reality when it comes to sports.

Not quite sure how Big Ben is ahead of him, living off of his rings I see.

I can see Peyton being over Romo, I'd accept that.
Agreed... I have been disgusted by the way Romo has been rated in Madden every year. He should have one of the Highest Elusiveness Ratings at the QB Pos. Probly a higher Agl/Acc rating too. He's slipped more would be sacks then any of the "Mobile" QBs like Vick, RGKnee, Wilson, Kaep, etc. & spun out of the pocket to elude the rush, all while keeping his eyes downfield & manuevering himself & his WRs into position to make a huge play better then Anyone Ive ever seen do it... Save for maybe Randall Cunningham. Romo's Awareness, throw on the run, elusiveness, spin move and Deep ball should be right up around the top of the list...

Sent from my LGMS395 using Tapatalk

# 118 DCEBB2001 @ 07/24/15 10:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jshake8
That makes it difficult to take your evaluation seriously. Tom Brady is quite obviously one of the best QB's in the league. Suspended or not, his overall should reflect his abilities.
This is one of the most asinine arguments I have ever seen.

His attributes say what he should be as a player, not his overall. The overall grade applied to him by the scouts is the only thing holding him back. Like I said before, and this is me simply knowing how the data ebbs and flows, once he is cleared to play (whenever that is) his OVR grade will go back up because the hold will be removed. It doesn't affect his abilities one darn bit.

In fact, I think it would be best if the darn OVR was entirely disregarded altogether. His attributes should reflect his abilities, not his overall.

# 119 sir psycho @ 07/24/15 11:08 AM
Quote:
I'm sorry you feel that way. Yes, his attributes say what he should be as a player, but the overall should reflect those numbers. The overall is important in Madden because of CPU player management. I don't see how you could intelligently make a trade with the CPU if there was no overall. I think re-tooling the calculations is necessary, but not getting rid of it all together.

I asked you if Tom Brady would be a top 5 QB if Madden came out today, and you said idk. That doesn't make any sense to me. You and I both know (I hope) that Tom Brady is one of the best in the game. I don't care if he's suspended a few games. It's not like he just magically got worse at playing football. So when you present your top 5 QB's and leave Tom Brady out because of a suspension, it really doesn't make much sense in the Madden world. Or the real world for that matter.
Nobody is saying he magically got worse at playing football. The "top 5" that is being discussed is based purely on the OVR rating, which as Dan said, isn't a reflection of his ability. His attributes(which are a reflection of his abilities) haven't gotten worse and he will still perform as a top QB. His OVR will take a hit from the suspension, because that's the way these ratings work, but in no way does it effect how good he is or how he will perform.

Or I could be totally misunderstanding everything and you can ignore my post.

# 120 DCEBB2001 @ 07/24/15 11:09 AM
Quote:
I'm sorry you feel that way. Yes, his attributes say what he should be as a player, but the overall should reflect those numbers. The overall is important in Madden because of CPU player management. I don't see how you could intelligently make a trade with the CPU if there was no overall. I think re-tooling the calculations is necessary, but not getting rid of it all together.

I asked you if Tom Brady would be a top 5 QB if Madden came out today, and you said idk. That doesn't make any sense to me. You and I both know (I hope) that Tom Brady is one of the best in the game. I don't care if he's suspended a few games. It's not like he just magically got worse at playing football. So when you present your top 5 QB's and leave Tom Brady out because of a suspension, it really doesn't make much sense in the Madden world. Or the real world for that matter.
According to the scouting grades, whom I believe to be FAR MORE ACCURATE than those nonsensical Madden OVR calculations. Have you ever seen what attributes count and which ones don't for each position? According to EA the CTH ability of a CB doesn't even matter in calculating how good on an overall scale a CB is. THAT is insane.

The attributes should be based on measurable abilities, not the OVR. Aside from telling the CPU what to do, they are completely useless. The OVR in Madden needs to be readjusted.

What I did say was that if we went PURELY by OVR, Brady would not be in the top 5 because of his suspension. The scouting grades take into account injuries and suspensions. That doesn't mean that the values of his attributes dropped, but his overall ability TO PLAY dropped. Why? Because if you attempted to trade for him to start week 1, as it stands right now, he wouldn't be able to because of his suspension.

It is the same scenario with rookies who smoke dope prior to the combine. Do they become worse players because they will likely be suspended or have baggage? Likely not. However, because it will affect their ability to play, you will see many teams drop the overall value, not their attributes, to reflect the possibility that they may be a headache to manage. Some of those guys pan out, and some flame out.

All the scouting grade OVR is reflecting is that Brady is not as valuable RIGHT NOW, TODAY, because of his suspension. If I was handing the OVR for EA, I would place such holds (and those due to injury) into the OVR calculation. Now, once he gets cleared to play again (literally the day after the suspension is over) the hold will be removed, and he will likely be the top rated QB again (as I have currently on the website: http://www.fbgratings.com/members/ratings.php?genpos=QB)

I totally get that some people don't get this, but that is how scouts do it. All I am doing is sending the message. The bottom line is that Brady's abilities put him at around a 98 OVR (number one QB in the league), but the suspension hold just drops his overall value a bit. Once the hold is removed, his overall rating will go back up and will only reflect the product of his attributes. The same thing happens when players get hurt in this system. Due to the unavailability of the player to play, the OVR grade is dropped until they are available to play again. Then, the hold is removed and the OVR grade reflects just the attributes.

This isn't hard, and it is more true to how scouts do it that what you, EA, and other gamers are used to.

Do you want a more accurate game or not?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.