Home
PES 2016 News Post

Adam Bhatti, PES 2016 European Product Manager, has confirmed the Xbox One version of PES 2016 will run at 1080p. The PlayStation 4 version was already confirmed at 1080p/60FPS earlier in the year. No word yet on whether the Xbox One version will run at 60FPS, but odds are fairly good that it will.

The PlayStation 4 version of PES 2015 ran at 1080p/60FPS last year, while the Xbox One version only ran at 720p/60FPS.

UPDATE: (8/22) (via Adam on Twitter)

Quote:
Hi all, I want to update you on Xbox One resolution. We're going to be just shy of native 1080p, to keep FPS and game quality high.

Xbox One demo is 1360 x 1080p, so you can see the quality for yourself. Very confident no one will be able to tell the difference.

For those of you that have missed out on the recent news about the game, we've highlighted some of them below.For more news and media on the game, check out the PES 2016 page.

Game: PES 2016Reader Score: Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 0 - View All
PES 2016 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 bxphenom7 @ 07/22/15 06:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveparkmin
this game look good to me. i don't know about career mode is good or not
The career mode, Master League, was completely revamped and from the trailer it's looking good. Won't know for sure until Gamescom though

# 2 kennyacid @ 07/22/15 07:56 PM
Man I can't wait for this game. Excited to try the new master league.

# 3 DBMcGee3 @ 07/23/15 10:08 AM
I'll be buying both games this year for sure, especially with the Euro Cup coming next summer. 12 full months to play the absolute hell out of them both!

# 4 RoyceDa59 @ 07/23/15 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBMcGee3
I'll be buying both games this year for sure, especially with the Euro Cup coming next summer. 12 full months to play the absolute hell out of them both!
Yeah same I'll do the same, I buy PES first and then FIFA later used. Only thing that will make me jump to FIFA sooner rather than later will be an improve Career mode and the game being acceptable on default sliders.

# 5 therizing02 @ 07/23/15 12:09 PM
They can spout off all of the features they'd like, but unless this game has free kicks in it, I will be passing.

PES 2016 blows FIFA away from a tactical standpoint and CPU AI, but in at least 20 exhibition games, I've only been able to draw 2 fouls on the CPU even though I am getting pushed, pulled, and slide tackled all over the pitch. This dev team needs their azzes kicked for that alone.

# 6 RoyceDa59 @ 07/23/15 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02
They can't spout off all of the features they'd like, but unless this game has free kicks in it, I will be passing.

PES 2016 blows FIFA away from a tactical standpoint and CPU AI, but in at least 20 exhibition games, I've only been able to draw 2 fouls on the CPU even though I am getting pushed, pulled, and slide tackled all over the pitch. This dev team needs their azzes kicked for that alone.
Haha I hear you hopefully its better this year.

# 7 KG @ 07/23/15 01:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyceDa59
Haha I hear you hopefully its better this year.
Don't we all man.

Still blows my mind considering how well the last patch of PES 2014 implemented fouls.

# 8 therizing02 @ 07/23/15 03:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
Don't we all man.

Still blows my mind considering how well the last patch of PES 2014 implemented fouls.
Seriously. It's always just one thing with this game for me. 2014 had fouls but the deadly unrealistically accurate long range shots from the CPU killed the game. 2015 has great gameplay and no fouls.

If someone from OS gets to interview this dev team pleeeease ask them if the lack of free kicks is still a problem. If so keep pressing them until they give a non BS answer as to why such a significant and important part of football and football strategy is not in their game.

# 9 RoyceDa59 @ 07/23/15 04:01 PM
Quote:
Seriously. It's always just one thing with this game for me. 2014 had fouls but the deadly unrealistically accurate long range shots from the CPU killed the game. 2015 has great gameplay and no fouls.

If someone from OS gets to interview this dev team pleeeease ask them if the lack of free kicks is still a problem. If so keep pressing them until they give a non BS answer as to why such a significant and important part of football and football strategy is not in their game.
I want to say that they are addressing this with the game being more physical this year, at least I am sure Adam Bhatti said so. I honestly think fouls should be okay this year, I am more worried about team tactics.

# 10 fearwhatnow @ 07/24/15 08:07 AM
I have some good and bad news:
Good: Fouls are in the game this year. The physical play is improved. I already predict that many will ask for a patch to tone down the fouls and KONAMI will eliminate them...
Bad: They haven't fixed the goalkeepers animations. Their diving animation is way too slow again. I really don't know why they can't address this major flaw.

# 11 RoyceDa59 @ 07/24/15 09:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fearwhatnow
I have some good and bad news:
Good: Fouls are in the game this year. The physical play is improved. I already predict that many will ask for a patch to tone down the fouls and KONAMI will eliminate them...
Bad: They haven't fixed the goalkeepers animations. Their diving animation is way too slow again. I really don't know why they can't address this major flaw.
You played a recent build?

# 12 bxphenom7 @ 07/24/15 10:17 AM
Quote:

What do you mean lack of free kicks? I can't remember a time they weren't.....

# 13 bxphenom7 @ 07/24/15 10:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bxphenom7
What do you mean lack of free kicks? I can't remember a time they weren't.....
Free kicks have been in the game for as long as I can remember lol

# 14 KG @ 07/24/15 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bxphenom7
Free kicks have been in the game for as long as I can remember lol
He meant free kicks resulting from fouls with fouls the main issue.

# 15 cadalyst17 @ 07/24/15 12:38 PM
I expect more graphically from the vaunted fox engine

# 16 bxphenom7 @ 07/25/15 03:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
He meant free kicks resulting from fouls with fouls the main issue.
Figured. Slow moment on my part lol

# 17 RoyceDa59 @ 07/27/15 09:44 AM
Has anyone else seen this leaked footage of PES 16, it is a short clip.

# 18 Steve_OS @ 08/22/15 12:41 PM
FYI

Updated OP, Xbox One resolution will be 1360 x 1080, not 1920 x 1080.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.