Home
Madden NFL 16 News Post

EA Sports has released more Madden NFL 16 ratings. Below are the top 5 wide receivers in Madden NFL 16, more ratings on these players can be seen here.
  • Antonio Brown (97 OVR)
  • Dez Bryant (96 OVR)
  • Calvin Johnson (95 OVR)
  • Odell Beckham Jr. (94 OVR)
  • Julio Jones (94 OVR)
Previously released Madden NFL 16 player ratings:

Madden NFL 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 16Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 24 - View All
Madden NFL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Yukon46 @ 07/23/15 03:28 PM
A 2nd year player being rated over 90 is a travesty.

There should be something in the system to negate this from happening.

Tying awareness to games played....or something to not allow this to happen.

Not that I think this would happen in a CFM.
Ea's system usually makes the highest rookies around 80-82, and I dont think you can raise any player by 12 points off of one season of XP upgrades... or I really hope you cant.

And please stop saying EA is "toning" down Speed....

It has been so overblown for years, they are just kinda getting closer to reality now !! (Emphasis on "kinda")

# 42 OhMrHanky @ 07/23/15 03:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by playajay98
Jersey number kerning for Julio Jones (11) looks MUCH improved! DT is a top 3 receiver, how the hell did he miss top 5?
The facial scan looks pretty good, too. That DOES look like Julio. I may be in the minority on this opinion (and, i know you're a DEN fan, so I'm sure you'll disagree. ), but I still feel DT benefits quite a bit from Manning being the QB. And, please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, because I did not see a lot of Broncos games, but on most highlights i see of DT, he seems like more of a YAC guy. So, I'm sure he runs good routes, gets enough separation, but Manning puts it where he can move with it. I don't feel like Thomas is a great "catcher" of the ball. So, I sort of have issues with him being an upper echelon WR and am unsure how he would do with a lesser QB. Megatron can make wicked catches. Julio can make wicked catches. Odel made the signature catch for madden 16. Not sure if Thomas, Nelson, or Brown actually make those types of catches. So, those are things i expect from a highly rated WR. I am a GT fan, fyi, so i should be biased toward wanting Thomas to be highly rated, but again, the footage i've seen still doesn't make me think he's even top 5, actually.

# 43 Falconsfan21 @ 07/23/15 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEBB2001
Here is what I have as of today...and yes, people, this includes injury and suspension modifiers.

Dez Bryant 89
Antonio Brown 85
Brandon Marshall 84
Demariyus Thomas 83
Jordy Nelson 80
haha i dont think so.

# 44 Ronnie brown23 @ 07/23/15 03:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number999
WOW Odell Beckham Jr. being that high... he's the cover guy but really it just further cements the proof of how silly these ratings are when Madden has no actual formula to them. Especially considering you could make the argument he had comparable years to other rookie WRs.

This does make me bring up 1 question.... how the HELL is Amari Cooper faster than Antonio Brown?
Objs rookie season was the second best ever for a rookie wr behind randy moss. And he only played 12 games. Don't understand why people think he didn't play at an elite level last year. If you actually watch him play, he already is one of the best wrs in the league. I guess people get too caught up in "the catch" and think that's why his ratings are high

# 45 rkocjay @ 07/23/15 03:40 PM
As a giants fan I must admit obj should not be in the top 5 maybe not even top ten.

# 46 bspring3 @ 07/23/15 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falconsfan21
haha i dont think so.
Why not? Those ratings sound ok to me.

# 47 Number999 @ 07/23/15 03:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEBB2001

The 2015 class, compared to NFL players AND FREE AGENTS is less developed in every skill listed. That means that they have yet to develop their arms, their accuracy (on all levels), their ability to read defenses, their releases, and even their ball security.

Look at the gap in character though. An NFL QB has a measured character/gamesmanship grade TWICE that of an NFL rookie. That is enormous.

If EA did things right, they would have near equal physical skills, but large gaps in technical skills between rookies and current players (and free agents, even).
Oh yea dude, I 100% agree. But the issue with EA is that they wouldn't do that... it'd make sense that Winston/Mariota and those likes shouldn't have the throwing accuracies already of proven NFL QBs but it still stands. I'm merely stating that since they insist not to do that, Amari Cooper is going to be the equivalent of those Top 5 guys listed which is silly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie brown23
Objs rookie season was the second best ever for a rookie wr behind randy moss. And he only played 12 games. Don't understand why people think he didn't play at an elite level last year. If you actually watch him play, he already is one of the best wrs in the league. I guess people get too caught up in "the catch" and think that's why his ratings are high
He was great last year and has a ton of potential moving forward... but it helps that Victor Cruz got injured and the only other viable threat on the offensive end for the Giants was frigging Rueben Randle. It does add to the inflation of his stats while guys such as Mike Evans are having their stats split with Vincent Jackson, Sammy Watkins not having a legit QB, and so on and so forth. He should be the highest listed of any rookie WR from last season, but he's not Top 3 yet.

# 48 Ronnie brown23 @ 07/23/15 03:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number999
Where did you get that 40 time if you don't mind me asking? Perhaps I'm looking at the wrong thing but on NFL Network's combine and all that it says he ran a 4.42. It's still faster but man... just watching a game with the Steelers it always feels like Antonio Brown is blazing past guys.
There is a video on YouTube of Kevin white and Amari cooper running simulcast 40s. Amari finishes slightly ahead of white but ends up with a worse time. Also combine times are hand timed by charley casserly on nfl n I believe

# 49 dbkaeoz33 @ 07/23/15 03:56 PM
Megatron 96
Brown 95
Dez 94
DT 94
Julio 93
Nelson 92
Green 92
Beckham 91

# 50 The JareBear @ 07/23/15 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbkaeoz33
Megatron 96
Brown 95
Dez 94
DT 94
Julio 93
Nelson 92
Green 92
Beckham 91
Agreed
That's how I would rate em too. Using the ea scale at least

# 51 Caveman24 @ 07/23/15 04:16 PM
Hopefully one year we can get a good roster out the box.

# 52 cooper417 @ 07/23/15 04:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie brown23
There is a video on YouTube of Kevin white and Amari cooper running simulcast 40s. Amari finishes slightly ahead of white but ends up with a worse time. Also combine times are hand timed by charley casserly on nfl n I believe
Better than EA's top 5 WR ratings

# 53 cooper417 @ 07/23/15 04:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbkaeoz33
Megatron 96
Brown 95
Dez 94
DT 94
Julio 93
Nelson 92
Green 92
Beckham 91
Wrong quote above

Better than EA's top 5 WR ratings

# 54 DerkontheOS @ 07/23/15 04:52 PM
For the sake of making these ratings look bad, I hope OBJ has a really bad sophomore slump... I'm getting real tired about hearing about this catch, sure it was a great catch can we move on now.

# 55 playajay98 @ 07/23/15 04:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMrHanky
The facial scan looks pretty good, too. That DOES look like Julio. I may be in the minority on this opinion (and, i know you're a DEN fan, so I'm sure you'll disagree. ), but I still feel DT benefits quite a bit from Manning being the QB. And, please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, because I did not see a lot of Broncos games, but on most highlights i see of DT, he seems like more of a YAC guy. So, I'm sure he runs good routes, gets enough separation, but Manning puts it where he can move with it. I don't feel like Thomas is a great "catcher" of the ball. So, I sort of have issues with him being an upper echelon WR and am unsure how he would do with a lesser QB. Megatron can make wicked catches. Julio can make wicked catches. Odel made the signature catch for madden 16. Not sure if Thomas, Nelson, or Brown actually make those types of catches. So, those are things i expect from a highly rated WR. I am a GT fan, fyi, so i should be biased toward wanting Thomas to be highly rated, but again, the footage i've seen still doesn't make me think he's even top 5, actually.
Yes, everyone benefits from Peyton being their QB (i.e. Blair White) But DT has size, strength, and IMO runs better routes than Dez. He has a ton of one handers like this one out there. Always a threat to take a bubble screen or a slant for 6 and he has good footwork near the sidelines too.

# 56 jeb4056 @ 07/23/15 05:03 PM
Anyone see Dez Bryant's tweet about his speed rating? lol

# 57 DCEBB2001 @ 07/23/15 05:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neume1mb
Combine times are not hand timed, they are electronically timed. (official) Whey they first run and they put up their times, that's the hand timing, but it's always changed when they get the official times in. That's why Taylor Mays ran a 4.24 before his real time came in.
That is not entirely accurate.

The times posted by NFLN live are all unofficial. The official HH and ET times are not released to the teams by National Scouting until nearly a week after the combine. Even the electronic times are hand-started. The ET timer (P3DX) can also break and result in a time that is either too fast or too slow. That is why National also includes all of the HH times as well.

The "official" times posted by NFLN aren't even the official times that National releases. They literally have a scout hand-timing those times for NFLN in the stands at the finish line.

# 58 DeuceDouglas @ 07/23/15 05:15 PM
Only one I really have a problem with is OBJ. I think I'd have Calvin and Dez (and maybe even Julio) above Antonio Brown but not by much. The battle for the fifth one minus OBJ is why I wish they did top tens of these. TE's are tomorrow? I'll be expecting a Travis Kelce sighting.

# 59 DGuinta1 @ 07/23/15 05:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godgers12
Megatron is still the best WR in the NFL. I'm a huge Packers fan but there is no way I'm taking Jordy over Calvin.
Huge Cowboys fan, but Megatron is in a league all alone.

# 60 TheBleedingRed21 @ 07/23/15 05:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeb4056
Anyone see Dez Bryant's tweet about his speed rating? lol
That's exactly why FBG ratings will never be in madden.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.