Home
Madden NFL 16 News Post

EA Sports has released more Madden NFL 16 ratings. Below are the top 5 wide receivers in Madden NFL 16, more ratings on these players can be seen here.
  • Antonio Brown (97 OVR)
  • Dez Bryant (96 OVR)
  • Calvin Johnson (95 OVR)
  • Odell Beckham Jr. (94 OVR)
  • Julio Jones (94 OVR)
Previously released Madden NFL 16 player ratings:

Madden NFL 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 16Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 24 - View All
Madden NFL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 GameBreaker35 @ 07/24/15 12:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEBB2001
So much negativity here! Can't we all at least look at the bright side in that EA took their time to contact me in regards to making FBG a permanent part of Madden? The very fact that they are considering it, even at a minimal level, could mean a step in the right direction.

True. Even if they don't fully endorse your rating formula, I hope they can get to a point where I can stomach the overall scale. Something like Madden 10 would make me happy even if it isn't perfect.

# 82 Espo725 @ 07/24/15 12:58 AM
who does the ratings for EA now?

# 83 CaliDude916 @ 07/24/15 02:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyCash2015
I agree with the top 5 but not the order. Brown is pretty much the only guy is ranked correctly.

Also anyone saying OBJ isn't top 5 worthy in madden is being ridiculous. Regardless of whether you think he's a top 5 receiver in the real world, his per game averages and his catch rate blow away any argument for any other player being in there in place of him.

AB and OBJ both have demonic catch rates in real life, they are the class of the position.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Because one productive season (OBJ) is not better than multiple productive seasons (DT). No matter how you look at it, OBJ should not be in the top 5.

# 84 ATLBrayden @ 07/24/15 02:55 AM
At this point Madden doesn't have a 0-100 scale, they have a 70-99 scale with some 50-60s sprinkled in, it seems like they're toning certain stats down but that already seems inconsistent with the Vets vs Rookies stats.

I wonder what ratings will look like in a few years. 2K isn't the best but it's a little better with ratings, you see a lot more lower ratings with the 90+ being reserved for top of the league guys.

# 85 kingkilla56 @ 07/24/15 04:18 AM
Odell Beckham Jr was robbed. Easily best WR to ever play football, hands down.

# 86 ATLBrayden @ 07/24/15 04:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilla56
I just know one person is gonna see this and take it seriously lol.

# 87 Yeah...THAT Guy @ 07/24/15 07:16 AM
Quote:

Mike Evans laughs at you!

# 88 ANDROMADA 1 @ 07/24/15 12:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godgers12
Lol Brown is not the best WR is the NFL and no Jordy Nelson is quite baffling.
Agreed. Only in Madden...

# 89 ANDROMADA 1 @ 07/24/15 12:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerkontheOS
For the sake of making these ratings look bad, I hope OBJ has a really bad sophomore slump... I'm getting real tired about hearing about this catch, sure it was a great catch can we move on now.
Its not like he was being covered by anybody worth mentioning. Had he done that against say Revis or Sherman then it would a great play against a great player.

# 90 GiantsFan2013 @ 07/24/15 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ANDROMADA 1
Its not like he was being covered by anybody worth mentioning. Had he done that against say Revis or Sherman then it would a great play against a great player.
he had 7 receptions and 108 yards with Sherman all over him. Stop with this 'he only made one catch' stuff.

# 91 D13 @ 07/24/15 01:34 PM
Sigh. More BS overrated madden ratings

# 92 DCEBB2001 @ 07/24/15 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jshake8
How can you have Brandon Marshall rated higher than any single one of these guys?
I already explained this in this thread.

# 93 DCEBB2001 @ 07/24/15 02:28 PM
Quote:
Using statistics. Is this rating system purely statistics driven?
No. Read the FAQ on the website.

# 94 DCEBB2001 @ 07/24/15 02:50 PM
Quote:
You have to realize that Brandon Marshall isn't that good though, so why is he rated so high?

I watch an absurd amount of football, and while these rankings and ratings show great potential, they're still flawed. I'd like to support you in creating a realistic football game. Trust me. But I have hard time seeing the logic in minimal amount of information you've posted here regarding ratings this year.
I don't make the grades. Read the FAQ. How is the logic flawed if one player has a higher grade than the other?

Flawed logic would be this:

Gronk: 9.99 = 10 OVR
Marshall: 7.99 = 99 OVR

That would be flawed logic.

# 95 grodbetatted @ 07/24/15 03:10 PM
From what it looks like it seems everyone wants lower ratings... But I feel the top players at their position should be in the 90s, if not everyone team would have grade B or lower players. To me an average players grade is somewhere between a 75-80... You guys seem to think an average player is high 60s low 70s... I think that's a trash player in my opinion

# 96 DCEBB2001 @ 07/24/15 03:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grodbetatted
From what it looks like it seems everyone wants lower ratings... But I feel the top players at their position should be in the 90s, if not everyone team would have grade B or lower players. To me an average players grade is somewhere between a 75-80... You guys seem to think an average player is high 60s low 70s... I think that's a trash player in my opinion
Well, the average player on a 90 man roster right now grades in at about a 48 overall, so I actually think that it could be lower than that.

# 97 grodbetatted @ 07/24/15 03:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEBB2001
Well, the average player on a 90 man roster right now grades in at about a 48 overall, so I actually think that it could be lower than that.

I'm sure the players that don't get in the game probably are lower than that which is fine with me lol... But man you got some poop on your avi looks like a greenbay symbol

# 98 kingkilla56 @ 07/24/15 07:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ANDROMADA 1
You can dislike the ratings, but at least dont back up your opinions with ridiculous comments like this. He payed the same players Dez Bryant did, are you quick to discredit his work as well or are you just cherry picking now?

However, I do enjoy the salt permeating in this thread. So please continue. Its been great thus far you guys.

# 99 ANDROMADA 1 @ 07/24/15 09:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantsFan2013
he had 7 receptions and 108 yards with Sherman all over him. Stop with this 'he only made one catch' stuff.
Um, I didn't say he only made one catch. The catch that he is know for was against a pathetic playing corner at the time, and might I add they lost the game on top of that. Either way he is not deserving of top 5 spot, top 15 sure, maybe even top ten.

# 100 ANDROMADA 1 @ 07/24/15 09:47 PM
Quote:
You can dislike the ratings, but at least dont back up your opinions with ridiculous comments like this. He payed the same players Dez Bryant did, are you quick to discredit his work as well or are you just cherry picking now?

However, I do enjoy the salt permeating in this thread. So please continue. Its been great thus far you guys.

His "work" did not justify his top 5 rating regardless of the one handed catch against #39. As for Dez, I don't see anybody saying he is not a top 5 wr.

Lastly, Dez has room to improve as well, starting with being aware of down and distance so one of the most spectacular plays in the NFL last season is not called into question and ultimately denied. So no, I'm not cherry picking. I mean personally I don't think any of them are as good as Dre.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.