Home
The Golf Club News Post

When H.B. Studios announced The Golf Club was getting a season mode, there was a lot of joy around the community. When it became obvious the addon was going to cost $10, the joy was a bit more subdued, but people were still on board.

After a week of playing The Golf Club's season mode, I can confidently say the Season Mode is every bit as good as Tour Pro Mode in Rory McIlroy PGA Tour, mainly because the premise is similar. You play through your round, you see what other opponents are doing in between holes, and you finish and move onto the next event.

Obviously, it'd be great if there was better commentary and a gallery for The Golf Club -- but the game doesn't suffer much from their absence. If anything, the variety of courses available to play in the Season mode makes the entire experience quite varied all the same.

There's a lot to love about the season mode in The Golf Club, but the biggest accomplishment is that the mode matches up favorably with anything else out there. We give the Season Mode add-on a thumbs up!

We'll be looking at the rest of the new features added over the last couple of months to The Golf Club in future posts!

Game: The Golf ClubReader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 7 - View All
The Golf Club Videos
Member Comments
# 1 man_u_treble @ 07/26/15 10:39 AM
Quick question: are there "majors" in the pro season?

# 2 AnthonyKyne @ 07/26/15 10:49 AM
No, we don't have any licences

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

# 3 idigfoo9 @ 07/26/15 07:42 PM
I think he meant any major type events in the season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 4 idigfoo9 @ 07/26/15 07:43 PM
Any that replicate the actual majors I guess

# 5 DivotMaker @ 07/26/15 09:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by idigfoo9
Any that replicate the actual majors I guess

Hate to say CM is really shallow and geared towards newbies.

# 6 OnlookerDelay @ 07/26/15 10:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
Hate to say CM is really shallow and geared towards newbies.
True, but not only that, the courses that are featured in TGC's career mode are waaaay behind the curve in what's been developed by independent designers with the latest themes. The courses in Career mode look like something out of a previous generation's game compared to the likes of what we're seeing out of the latest in Highlands and Boreal themes, for example.

# 7 AnthonyKyne @ 07/27/15 11:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
True, but not only that, the courses that are featured in TGC's career mode are waaaay behind the curve in what's been developed by independent designers with the latest themes. The courses in Career mode look like something out of a previous generation's game compared to the likes of what we're seeing out of the latest in Highlands and Boreal themes, for example.
I'd agree, but we couldn't put out some new DLC with users created content. That would have been a bit cheap, in my opinion.
We will though be expanding it over future released to include user created courses

# 8 OnlookerDelay @ 07/27/15 12:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyKyne
I'd agree, but we couldn't put out some new DLC with users created content. That would have been a bit cheap, in my opinion.
We will though be expanding it over future released to include user created courses
I'd love to see some user created courses added in career mode and I would completely understand compensating users who created courses that were used in career mode. You'd have to find a way to put out career mode updates in premium packs to do this I would think, but it seems the market might be there for it.

# 9 BleacherCreature @ 07/27/15 01:54 PM
How do you change your golfer's name in season mode? I see the option to do so but it doesn't appear to be working.

# 10 man_u_treble @ 07/27/15 09:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by idigfoo9
I think he meant any major type events in the season

Yes, this is what I meant. Are there "major" type events later in seasons mode.

# 11 AnthonyKyne @ 07/29/15 08:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by terrycurran62
How do the graphics compare to those on RM golf?
It depends on the designers choice of lighting, etc here's a good example http://www.hb-studios.com/forum/index.php?topic=11709.0

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.