Home
WWE 2K16 News Post

The WWE has terminated Hulk Hogan and erased all records of his existence on their website, following leaked audio of a racial tirade he had 8 years ago.

2K Sports has confirmed with Polygon that he will not appear in WWE 2K16.

Quote:
Hogan will not appear in WWE 2K16, a 2K Sports representative told Polygon this afternoon.

"We are highly respectful of the way that our partners choose to run their business and manage our partnerships accordingly," the spokesperson said. "We can confirm that Hulk Hogan will not appear in WWE 2K16."

Asked about whether 2K Sports plans to remove Hogan from any previous WWE video games, the representative called it a "fair question," but said 2K Sports has "no other comments at this time.

Game: WWE 2K16Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 3 - View All
WWE 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Stormyhog @ 07/25/15 12:09 PM
The N word should never be used by anybody period. That goes for black people using it towards black people as that's not right either. It's offensive so there can be no excuse for it's use in any manner. Since were abolishing things why not start with songs in the music industry as there is some of the most offensive use of the N word there. Look I'm not about going on a witch hunt but if your going to target Hogan then you have to look at everything. You can't pick & choose when the word is offensive or not to suit someones situation. It's a bad word all around so it should be treated as such.

# 22 jcmreds @ 07/25/15 12:45 PM
The irony of Vince McMahon firing someone for being racist amuses me to no end.

# 23 aholbert32 @ 07/25/15 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormyhog
The N word should never be used by anybody period. That goes for black people using it towards black people as that's not right either. It's offensive so there can be no excuse for it's use in any manner. Since were abolishing things why not start with songs in the music industry as there is some of the most offensive use of the N word there. Look I'm not about going on a witch hunt but if your going to target Hogan then you have to look at everything. You can't pick & choose when the word is offensive or not to suit someones situation. It's a bad word all around so it should be treated as such.
LOL. "Ban the music industry".

Look, lets not complicate this. If I was caught on tape calling special needs people "******s" or Chinese people "chinks" and the news identified me as "Discovery Channel (where I work) employee Aaron Holbert".....I would be fired the next day.

Period. And so would most of you.

Hogan represents the WWE. He is perhaps the most famous wrestler in the world. When he is identified he is called "WWE Hall of Famer Hulk Hogan"

So when a video leaks of him admitting that he is racist and calling multiple black people "******s"...the WWE has to distance the company from him. Especially given the WWE's poor history when it comes to race (See Akeem, Slick and a bunch of other black characters).

# 24 aholbert32 @ 07/25/15 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMDinTDOT
This is absolutely tragic man

I hope black people and sponsors can find the room to forgive him.
If you know anything about Hogan he talks a lot of nonsense ask
him something about a topic and he will give you 5 different answers.

Since he was going through a dark time in his life at the time he
was probably going through a bitter phase. Looking at his history
and his numerous black friends I have a hard time believing he
truly is racist.

As for the game its gonna suck that the biggest roster ever won't feature
the guy who started it all.
Having black "friends" doesnt mean you cant be racist. There are plenty of racists who can associate with minorities from time to time.

# 25 aholbert32 @ 07/25/15 01:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Posse
Like I said, not defending or justifying his racist and bigoted remarks but history is littered with known racists (Ty Cobb to name one) that we acknowledge today.

We need to deal with these sort of situations in a more constructive manner than just making him a pariah of the industry. Heavily fining him, having him do public speeches involving race relations (much like Mike Vick did with PETA to rehabilitate his image) and taking serious counseling would be a lot more helpful.

from Spurs Nation/Bills Backer HQ
Why would I want to hear Hogan speak on race relations? Lets not make this as if Hogan is misunderstood. He said something extremely racist in the privacy of his own home and thats his right. But those thoughts are typically the true feelings of the person.

This wasnt a mistake. Hogan actually feels this way about black people. He just thought no one would ever find out because he would never speal that way in public.

# 26 TripleCrown9 @ 07/25/15 02:25 PM
Quote:
Like I said, not defending or justifying his racist and bigoted remarks but history is littered with known racists (Ty Cobb to name one) that we acknowledge today.

We need to deal with these sort of situations in a more constructive manner than just making him a pariah of the industry. Heavily fining him, having him do public speeches involving race relations (much like Mike Vick did with PETA to rehabilitate his image) and taking serious counseling would be a lot more helpful.

from Spurs Nation/Bills Backer HQ
You should probably read up on that some more.

# 27 J_Posse @ 07/25/15 02:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleCrown9
You should probably read up on that some more.
Interesting article that paints Ty Cobb in a light different than what has been shed over the years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Why would I want to hear Hogan speak on race relations? Lets not make this as if Hogan is misunderstood. He said something extremely racist in the privacy of his own home and thats his right. But those thoughts are typically the true feelings of the person.

This wasnt a mistake. Hogan actually feels this way about black people. He just thought no one would ever find out because he would never speal that way in public.
Never said that Hogan made a mistake or these aren't his own personal feelings. He obviously harbors a lot of racist/bigoted feelings towards African Americans and that is sad and pathetic.

What I am saying is that for once we should try and examine what has led him to harboring such thoughts (through counseling and other means). While using this situation as a why to try and educate young fans about the ills of bigotry and racism. You can't defeat racism - which will never likely go away - or lessen its impact by ignoring it which is what people always want to do.

Firing him and pushing the issue under the rug, especially in an industry like wrestling where stereotypes and negative portrayals of minorities are rampant, leads to nothing of significance. He goes away in the corner, like he has in the past, and returns in a few years when the media storm has died down. Yet, I also understand that WWE is a corporate entity and needs to look out for their best interest (meaning money) so keeping him around would hurt that greatly.

# 28 Pappy Knuckles @ 07/25/15 03:11 PM
Quote:
Why would I want to hear Hogan speak on race relations? .
Lmao. That line made me crack up for some reason.

# 29 J_Posse @ 07/25/15 03:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
Lmao. That line made me crack up for some reason.
Happy you got a chuckle out of that, Pappy.

I meant in the sense of doing a campaign similar to the B*A*Star campaign from a few years ago. Anyway, Hogan is toast (for the foreseeable future) and many people (myself) have lost a childhood hero. Sad to see how big of a piece of **** he really is..............

# 30 cadalyst17 @ 07/25/15 03:17 PM
Our society is becoming more panzy oversensitive liberal everyday. Heaven help us :-(

# 31 TripleCrown9 @ 07/25/15 03:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadalyst17
Our society is becoming more panzy oversensitive liberal everyday. Heaven help us :-(
Ah, so you must be perfectly fine with what he said.

# 32 cadalyst17 @ 07/25/15 03:19 PM
ummmm...let me educate some people in here. Saying the "N" word does not in of itself make you racist. Racism is when you deem another ethnicity inferior to yours based on color.

# 33 J_Posse @ 07/25/15 03:21 PM
Quote:
I don't think it is a matter of "pansy, liberalism" but more so a company trying to protect its brand/image in a time of hyper scrutiny - which this isn't because all the scorn toward Hogan is deserved - towards anything considered demeaning towards minorities, women, etc.

Quote:
ummmm...let me educate some white people in here. Saying the "N" word does not in of itself make you racist. Racism is when you deem another ethnicity inferior to yours based on color.
Hogan (allegedly) says that he is in fact a racist on the video recording. He brought this entire thing upon himself.

# 34 cadalyst17 @ 07/25/15 03:24 PM
[quote=J_Posse;2047519314]in a time of hyper scrutiny/QUOTE]

Exactly! and why the hyper scrutiny

# 35 cadalyst17 @ 07/25/15 03:29 PM
[quote=J_Posse;2047519324]
Quote:

We live in the internet age where issues like this one can destroy lives and careers quickly.
The internet is not to blame. It's the self righteous attitude in today's society that makes the internet a dangerous thing

# 36 spidertour02 @ 07/25/15 03:31 PM
Quote:
Why would I want to hear Hogan speak on race relations?
"I'm here today to talk about brothers, brother!"

# 37 aholbert32 @ 07/25/15 03:35 PM
Quote:
Interesting article that paints Ty Cobb in a light different than what has been shed over the years.

Never said that Hogan made a mistake or these aren't his own personal feelings. He obviously harbors a lot of racist/bigoted feelings towards African Americans and that is sad and pathetic.

What I am saying is that for once we should try and examine what has led him to harboring such thoughts (through counseling and other means). While using this situation as a why to try and educate young fans about the ills of bigotry and racism. You can't defeat racism - which will never likely go away - or lessen its impact by ignoring it which is what people always want to do.

Firing him and pushing the issue under the rug, especially in an industry like wrestling where stereotypes and negative portrayals of minorities are rampant, leads to nothing of significance. He goes away in the corner, like he has in the past, and returns in a few years when the media storm has died down. Yet, I also understand that WWE is a corporate entity and needs to look out for their best interest (meaning money) so keeping him around would hurt that greatly.
Firing him isnt pushing the issue under the rug. Making him go through counseling and doing public speaking IS. By firing him, WWE is make a clear stance that we arent going to employ people who hold those beliefs and we arent going to have people who affiliated with the company who are known to have those beliefs.

Also it hits him in his wallet and he is seen as a pariah for a while. As a black man, I'd rather see that then him go through bull**** counseling and get championed as a changed man once he's through with that.

Hogan is a 50 yr old man who has interacted with thousands of minorities during his career either as fans or colleagues. If those interactions arent enough to sway him from using bigoted/racist terms...counseling wont either.

# 38 aholbert32 @ 07/25/15 03:36 PM
Quote:
Politics is against the TOS. Please cease from trying to make this a political issue or you will be banned...Thanks.

# 39 aholbert32 @ 07/25/15 03:38 PM
[quote=cadalyst17;2047519333]
Quote:

The internet is not to blame. It's the self righteous attitude in today's society that makes the internet a dangerous thing
I'm dumbfounded that people are defending an admitted racist who used a racial slur and trying to blame it on society.

# 40 cadalyst17 @ 07/25/15 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
Come on. Don't be that guy here.
ho let things

What guy? a realist. My friend, I am black and I have seen our society become so self righteous. I watch my people become hypocrites when we say "N" word or when we call white people names and receive zero retribution. Our culture is so oversensitive and double standard. I miss when men were men :-(

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.