Home
WWE 2K16 News Post

The WWE has terminated Hulk Hogan and erased all records of his existence on their website, following leaked audio of a racial tirade he had 8 years ago.

2K Sports has confirmed with Polygon that he will not appear in WWE 2K16.

Quote:
Hogan will not appear in WWE 2K16, a 2K Sports representative told Polygon this afternoon.

"We are highly respectful of the way that our partners choose to run their business and manage our partnerships accordingly," the spokesperson said. "We can confirm that Hulk Hogan will not appear in WWE 2K16."

Asked about whether 2K Sports plans to remove Hogan from any previous WWE video games, the representative called it a "fair question," but said 2K Sports has "no other comments at this time.

Game: WWE 2K16Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 3 - View All
WWE 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 BMDinTDOT @ 07/27/15 10:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt_Carnage
Don't know what's worse, the fact that Hogan said this stuff and basically admitted that he's a racist, or the fact that some here are ignoring the fact that he basically admitted that and are attempting to defend him anyway.
I think some of you are complete hypocrites and phonies acting like
you or someone you know has never said something in a hateful
tirade based off of raw emotion that they didn't really mean or believe.

It was said 8 years ago in a private setting where its well documented
Hogan was going through the darkest time of his life and he was suicidal.
He was even bashing his daughter a little who he adores he lost millions
of dollars his son was in a nasty car accident leaving another guy into a
vegetable he was obviously messed up mentally especially to bang his
good friends wife.

Why would so many of Hogans black friends come out and publicly say
HES NOT RACIST even though Hogan said in the video he was a racist?

Because they know him well enough to determine that he was in a bad
place at the time and just talking stupid $hit to somebody. There is no
other evidence that Hogan is a racist and not one other person has
come out and said they've heard this from Hogan before either.

I have no problem and completely understand why WWE got rid of
him that's understandable. I will never blame or question why a
black person is mad with him or cut him off for good.

However there is tons of people online (including many black people)
that don't believe Hogan is truly racist despite his remarks in the video.

For me personally I don't believe he's truly racist I understand the
punishment that's been given to him but I don't think he deserves the
Benoit treatment at all.

# 82 aholbert32 @ 07/27/15 10:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormyhog
I guess the Washington Redskins players are racist as well as they wear the logo with no complaint. Now I'm just making a point so don't take it literally but if saying things makes you a racist then wearing imagery should has well.
That is a HORRIBLE example. There is a big difference between actively making a statement and wearing a uniform your job makes you wear.

# 83 Stormyhog @ 07/27/15 11:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
That is a HORRIBLE example. There is a big difference between actively making a statement and wearing a uniform your job makes you wear.
All I was getting at was where do we draw the line to what should be considered racist & what's not. Now comments like Hogan made is racist for sure no doubt but imagery should also be depending on how it's depicted. Now I know the players who wear the redskins logo are not racist I was just being overly dramatic & I shouldn't have said that. If anyone is to be held accountable it's the organizations that produce that type of imagery. I know this is a touchy subject & I don't mean to offend anybody here if I have sorry.

# 84 aholbert32 @ 07/28/15 12:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormyhog
All I was getting at was where do we draw the line to what should be considered racist & what's not. Now comments like Hogan made is racist for sure no doubt but imagery should also be depending on how it's depicted. Now I know the players who wear the redskins logo are not racist I was just being overly dramatic & I shouldn't have said that. If anyone is to be held accountable it's the organizations that produce that type of imagery. I know this is a touchy subject & I don't mean to offend anybody here if I have sorry.
Why are we complicating this? Plenty of people consider the Redskins logo racist. Especially if you know the history behind the word "Redskin." I guess I dont get your point.

# 85 Stormyhog @ 07/28/15 12:42 AM
Quote:
Why are we complicating this? Plenty of people consider the Redskins logo racist. Especially if you know the history behind the word "Redskin." I guess I dont get your point.
Sorry if I am complicating matters not meaning to. I guess the subject just get's me to thinking.

# 86 Sheba2011 @ 07/28/15 09:41 AM
While I don't agree with what Hogan said, I find it comical that the WWE is acting so innocent of this all. I have heard and seen far worse over the years on WWE's programming that the words Hogan used. I do think those words should never be used but at the same time until the word completely disappears from all peoples vocabulary it never will.

I also find it weird that people can really defend using a racial term as the name of a team just because it is their home team. The term Redskin is not a proud word for any Native American, I know plenty of them who view that word the same way black people view the N word. If we had a team called the N words would people still be defending it? The Redskins can easily change their name to something like Redhawks and keep the same uniforms and after a season no one would even care.

# 87 King_B_Mack @ 07/28/15 10:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
While I don't agree with what Hogan said, I find it comical that the WWE is acting so innocent of this all. I have heard and seen far worse over the years on WWE's programming that the words Hogan used. I do think those words should never be used but at the same time until the word completely disappears from all peoples vocabulary it never will.

I also find it weird that people can really defend using a racial term as the name of a team just because it is their home team. The term Redskin is not a proud word for any Native American, I know plenty of them who view that word the same way black people view the N word. If we had a team called the N words would people still be defending it? The Redskins can easily change their name to something like Redhawks and keep the same uniforms and after a season no one would even care.
Really? Really?

So A) You've heard worse than what Hogan has said thus far on WWE tv? Please, enlighten the rest of us on this. I'm dying to see this.

And B) What do the Washington Redskins have to do with this? If you really like Hulk Hogan, that's fine, but come on with this dude. Maybe you haven't been paying a whole lot of attention to the story, but there's a WHOLE LOT of people that have problems with the Redskins name, but the owner of the team is the only one that can change it and he ain't budging. Pretty much the only group of people I've seen "defending" the Redskins are Redskins fans and even their fanbase is divided over the issue. Bottomline, get out of here with that nonsense comparison.

# 88 Perceptor @ 07/28/15 10:43 AM
Let's bring this all back to focus.
A. Hogan made inappropriate statements

B. He was fired

C. It was justified

We are beating a dead horse. No matter what you think, we can agree you can't me saying what he said, period. It doesn't matter whether he was home or out in public. His privacy was violated which is a separate issue. Chris Benoit has nothing to do with this and nor do the Redskins. This is a man who made terrible comments and got fired. Like I have said already I would have lost my job and so would most of you if you said what he said and got caught. Bottom line end of story

# 89 DieHardYankee26 @ 07/28/15 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisphil1724
I think it's funny how Vince Mcmahon is trying to Chris Benoit, Hulk Hogan. As it turns out, saying racist **** is the same as killing your wife & kid
This is the stupidest point people keep trying to make.

It doesn't say that at all, it says that they think closet racism is worthy of being erased. They might have thought double-murder & suicide deserved much more but there was nothing else they could do. Basically if a 6 gets you erased, Benoit was a 10 and there just aren't penalties past 6

# 90 vtcrb @ 07/28/15 12:15 PM
Let me start by saying what Hogan did is Wrong. No denying that at all. Here is where i have an issue with how it is being handled. You Fire Hogan for using words in his Own Home. Now as we ALL can agree there are probably things we have said in our homes, Hopefully not like what Hogan said, that we Wouldnt want the outside world to hear.

My Biggest issue with it ALL is that Stone Cold is on the Cover of WWE2k16 and he has been Convicted of Domestic Violence. It was said by Stone Cold's wife at the time Debra, that it was because of Roid Rage. Now the same could be said for Hogan as we all KNOW he used the Roids. Just seems to say its ok to beat up women just dont get caught saying anything on Tape.

Also what about all of the guys who still are/were employed by the WWE who were arrested for DUI's. I guess it is ok since they didnt kill anyone while driving.

I agree that the Punishment should be given for what Hogan said, but i dont feel it should be as Severe as the Punishment the CRIMES committed above.

# 91 Hassan Darkside @ 07/28/15 01:01 PM
Donald Sterling could have used you guys' support.

# 92 Sheba2011 @ 07/28/15 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
Really? Really?

So A) You've heard worse than what Hogan has said thus far on WWE tv? Please, enlighten the rest of us on this. I'm dying to see this.

And B) What do the Washington Redskins have to do with this? If you really like Hulk Hogan, that's fine, but come on with this dude. Maybe you haven't been paying a whole lot of attention to the story, but there's a WHOLE LOT of people that have problems with the Redskins name, but the owner of the team is the only one that can change it and he ain't budging. Pretty much the only group of people I've seen "defending" the Redskins are Redskins fans and even their fanbase is divided over the issue. Bottomline, get out of here with that nonsense comparison.
Have you never watched any WWE programming from 1997-present. Everything they do is offensive to someone. I am not defending Hogan using that word, no one ever should use it. But for the WWE to act like they have morals, is absolutely hilarious to me.

I can't stand Hulk Hogan and people on this actual forum are the ones who brought up the Redskins. Maybe you should actually read more than just my comment before responding. Read the one below mine about Stone Cold, read the ones about Chris Benoit. There have been far worse things committed by WWE wrestlers that they never even cared about.

# 93 Sheba2011 @ 07/28/15 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtcrb
Let me start by saying what Hogan did is Wrong. No denying that at all. Here is where i have an issue with how it is being handled. You Fire Hogan for using words in his Own Home. Now as we ALL can agree there are probably things we have said in our homes, Hopefully not like what Hogan said, that we Wouldnt want the outside world to hear.

My Biggest issue with it ALL is that Stone Cold is on the Cover of WWE2k16 and he has been Convicted of Domestic Violence. It was said by Stone Cold's wife at the time Debra, that it was because of Roid Rage. Now the same could be said for Hogan as we all KNOW he used the Roids. Just seems to say its ok to beat up women just dont get caught saying anything on Tape.

Also what about all of the guys who still are/were employed by the WWE who were arrested for DUI's. I guess it is ok since they didnt kill anyone while driving.

I agree that the Punishment should be given for what Hogan said, but i dont feel it should be as Severe as the Punishment the CRIMES committed above.
Some people around here don;t like when you mention all the past transgressions the WWE has conveniently looked past. There have been Wrestlers who have committed domestic violence, murder, rape, countless DUI's, fraud and a whole bunch of other crimes. For most of those Vince didn't so much as bat an eye lash. To me there is something bigger than Vince pretending to have morals, there is some serious money involved. The only time the WWE cares is when there is money involved.

# 94 aholbert32 @ 07/28/15 01:10 PM
Quote:
Have you never watched any WWE programming from 1997-present. Everything they do is offensive to someone. I am not defending Hogan using that word, no one ever should use it. But for the WWE to act like they have morals, is absolutely hilarious to me.

I can't stand Hulk Hogan and many on this actual forum are the ones who brought up the Redskins and defending it. Maybe you should actually read more than just my comment before responding.
I dont get your point. So when WWE got word of Hogan's comments, McMahon shouldve said "Yeah, Hogan called himself a racist and used the N word but we had Kamala and Akeem back in the 80's so who are we to judge"?

The WWE has a ****ed up past when it comes to race but that doesnt mean they arent justified in firing an employee for being an admitted racist.

# 95 Sheba2011 @ 07/28/15 01:15 PM
Quote:
I dont get your point. So when WWE got word of Hogan's comments, McMahon shouldve said "Yeah, Hogan called himself a racist and used the N word but we had Kamala and Akeem back in the 80's so who are we to judge"?

The WWE has a ****ed up past when it comes to race but that doesnt mean they arent justified in firing an employee for being an admitted racist.
And I never said he shouldn't be fired I agree with them firing him. What I don't agree with is so many people on here and other media outlets praising the WWE as if they haven't been one of the most racist organizations over the past few decades. I also don't buy into Vince actually deciding to fire him, I think it was more sponsors that stepped in and if they didn't Vince would have done the usual thing and swept it under the rug.

# 96 aholbert32 @ 07/28/15 01:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtcrb

Whether he said them in his home or not doesnt matter at all. The minute the tape leaked the comments became public knowledge and reflected negatively on WWE. Where he made the comments no longer mattered after that.

WWE didnt have a domestic violence policy when Stone Cold was charged back in 2004. The only recent domestic violence incident since WWE instituted the policy was Kevin Nash when he got in a fight with his son and Nash was temporarily suspended when that occured until the facts came out that it was a mutual fight.

People dont usually lose their jobs for DUIs but they do lose them for being one of the faces of the company and saying racist/sexist/homophobic things.

# 97 King_B_Mack @ 07/28/15 01:24 PM
Quote:
And I never said he shouldn't be fired I agree with them firing him. What I don't agree with is so many people on here and other media outlets praising the WWE as if they haven't been one of the most racist organizations over the past few decades. I also don't buy into Vince actually deciding to fire him, I think it was more sponsors that stepped in and if they didn't Vince would have done the usual thing and swept it under the rug.
Who exactly is praising WWE? As usual, they've been getting ripped both ways.

# 98 Sheba2011 @ 07/28/15 01:24 PM
Quote:
Whether he said them in his home or not doesnt matter at all. The minute the tape leaked the comments became public knowledge and reflected negatively on WWE. Where he made the comments no longer mattered after that.

WWE didnt have a domestic violence policy when Stone Cold was charged back in 2004. The only recent domestic violence incident since WWE instituted the policy was Kevin Nash when he got in a fight with his son and Nash was temporarily suspended when that occured until the facts came out that it was a mutual fight.

People dont usually lose their jobs for DUIs but they do lose them for being one of the faces of the company and saying racist/sexist/homophobic things.
You need to have a policy to know that domestic violence is bad? Public figures can and do lose their jobs for DUI's.

# 99 vtcrb @ 07/28/15 01:26 PM
Quote:

You just made my point for me. What Stone Cold did was in 2004. What Hogan Said was 2006. BOTH are faces of the Company. Both did things in the PAST, but yet Hogan gets fired and Stone Cold has a Podcast and is on the Cover of WWE 2k16?

And yes people lose their jobs for DUIs. Maybe not in the Sports/Entertainment world but in the Real World they do.

In what WORLD does saying something ACTUALLY Hurt someone WORSE than Physically Assaulting someone? Not in My world. BOTH are VERY wrong, and i am not defending ANYONE. I just feel that If we are going to FIRE people for things they did in the Past it needs to be Held to the SAME Standard for EVERYONE.

# 100 Perceptor @ 07/28/15 01:27 PM
No one is patting WWE or saying they're a great company. At least I'm not. This is about a racist making terrible comments and getting what's deserved.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.