Home
WWE 2K16 News Post

The WWE has terminated Hulk Hogan and erased all records of his existence on their website, following leaked audio of a racial tirade he had 8 years ago.

2K Sports has confirmed with Polygon that he will not appear in WWE 2K16.

Quote:
Hogan will not appear in WWE 2K16, a 2K Sports representative told Polygon this afternoon.

"We are highly respectful of the way that our partners choose to run their business and manage our partnerships accordingly," the spokesperson said. "We can confirm that Hulk Hogan will not appear in WWE 2K16."

Asked about whether 2K Sports plans to remove Hogan from any previous WWE video games, the representative called it a "fair question," but said 2K Sports has "no other comments at this time.

Game: WWE 2K16Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 3 - View All
WWE 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 Perceptor @ 07/28/15 01:28 PM
Stone Cold is a jerk, the DUI's are wrong. But this isn't about them. It's about Hulk Hogan and what he did. This is what the thread is about.

# 102 vtcrb @ 07/28/15 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perceptor
Stone Cold is a jerk, the DUI's are wrong. But this isn't about them. It's about Hulk Hogan and what he did. This is what the thread is about.
Correct. I am just asking where is the Thread titled? "Convicted Wife Abuser will be on the Cover on WWE 2k16" There was no outrage over this or anything.

On a side note, I love Stone Cold and Hogan for what they brought into the WWE Rin and Arenas, Not what they do outside of the Ring.

# 103 King_B_Mack @ 07/28/15 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtcrb
You just made my point for me. What Stone Cold did was in 2004. What Hogan Said was 2006. BOTH are faces of the Company. Both did things in the PAST, but yet Hogan gets fired and Stone Cold has a Podcast and is on the Cover of WWE 2k16?

And yes people lose their jobs for DUIs. Maybe not in the Sports/Entertainment world but in the Real World they do.

In what WORLD does saying something ACTUALLY Hurt someone WORSE than Physically Assaulting someone? Not in My world. BOTH are VERY wrong, and i am not defending ANYONE. I just feel that If we are going to FIRE people for things they did in the Past it needs to be Held to the SAME Standard for EVERYONE.
So then you're saying that WWE should have done nothing to Hogan?

# 104 vtcrb @ 07/28/15 01:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
No. If you read back thru my comments, I am adamant saying what Hogan did is Completely Wrong. And he should be punished. But if you are going to fire him for things in the past, you need to hold your other Employees to the SAME standard and fire them for Past things as well.

Racism, Domestic Violence, among other crimes should NOT be tolerated in this world, much less in the Sports Entertainment Business.

# 105 aholbert32 @ 07/28/15 01:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
You need to have a policy to know that domestic violence is bad? Public figures can and do lose their jobs for DUI's.
No one said that.

What I said was that WWE didnt have a policy. Just like other sports leagues didnt have a policy. Back then it was left to solely to WWE's discretion. At that time, they chose to do nothing. In 2015, Austin wouldve been suspended or fired. Times changes. Leagues evolve.

Please identify a public figure who has LOST HIS JOB because of a DUI. Not been suspended. Not multiple DUI's. Not a DUI that lead to a death. Someone who's lost his job because of one DUI.

# 106 Sheba2011 @ 07/28/15 01:39 PM
Quote:
No what he is saying is why does the WWE care now but still promote Stone Cold. Both incidents happened many years ago. Is racist comments really worse than domestic violence? He is pointing out the same thing I was trying to. Why does the WWE fire one guy but still promote the other. If anything I would say physically abusing someone is much worse than making comments on a video he thought was private.

That doesn;t mean we are defending Hogan as you keep alluding too. Both of us agree what he did was wrong and he should have been fired.

# 107 aholbert32 @ 07/28/15 01:44 PM
Quote:
You just made my point for me. What Stone Cold did was in 2004. What Hogan Said was 2006. BOTH are faces of the Company. Both did things in the PAST, but yet Hogan gets fired and Stone Cold has a Podcast and is on the Cover of WWE 2k16?

And yes people lose their jobs for DUIs. Maybe not in the Sports/Entertainment world but in the Real World they do.

In what WORLD does saying something ACTUALLY Hurt someone WORSE than Physically Assaulting someone? Not in My world. BOTH are VERY wrong, and i am not defending ANYONE. I just feel that If we are going to FIRE people for things they did in the Past it needs to be Held to the SAME Standard for EVERYONE.
If the news about Stone Cold's domestic violence arrest wouldve stayed hidden and been released in 2015, the WWE and 2k wouldve likely pulled him off the cover of the game if not more. The news came out in 2004 so thats the difference.

11 years from now its possible that Hogan will be forgiven and back in the good graces of the WWE but right now under WWE's public morals policy....he's gone and rightfully so.

Also, I'm sick of the strawman arguments. No one is arguing that physically assaulting someone is the same as saying racial slurs. What we are saying is that to ignore when these incidents occurred (not when the statements were made but when the public found out about them) and the environment when they occurred is idiotic.

20 years ago, Hogan couldve called a wrestler a ****** or another gay slur and no one wouldve blinked an eye. Now, that gets you fired. Different times.

# 108 Sheba2011 @ 07/28/15 01:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
No one said that.

What I said was that WWE didnt have a policy. Just like other sports leagues didnt have a policy. Back then it was left to solely to WWE's discretion. At that time, they chose to do nothing. In 2015, Austin wouldve been suspended or fired. Times changes. Leagues evolve.

Please identify a public figure who has LOST HIS JOB because of a DUI. Not been suspended. Not multiple DUI's. Not a DUI that lead to a death. Someone who's lost his job because of one DUI.
Kenny Anderson, former NBA player was arrested for a DWI and was fired from his high school coaching job.

Several NFL players have been released after getting DUI's including most recently Bernard Pierce.

UGA Athletic Director Damon Evans was fired after a DUI

I could go on and one. There have been dozens of players released after DUI's and coaches fired after DUI's. And this is just in sports.

# 109 aholbert32 @ 07/28/15 01:49 PM
Quote:
Kenny Anderson, former NBA player was arrested for a DWI and was fired from his high school coaching job.

Several NFL players have been released after getting DUI's including most recently Bernard Pierce.

UGA Athletic Director Damon Evans was fired after a DUI

I could go on and one. There have been dozens of players released after DUI's and coaches fired after DUI's. And this is just in sports.
Kenny Anderson: That was his third DUI arrest and he was a teacher.

Bernard Pierce: zero tolerance because of the Rice incident and three other Ravens were arrested that summer.

Damon Evans: Fired primarily because it was late at night and there was a woman in the passenger seat that wasnt his wife.

# 110 Sheba2011 @ 07/28/15 01:49 PM
Quote:
If the news about Stone Cold's domestic violence arrest wouldve stayed hidden and been released in 2015, the WWE and 2k wouldve likely pulled him off the cover of the game if not more. The news came out in 2004 so thats the difference.

11 years from now its possible that Hogan will be forgiven and back in the good graces of the WWE but right now under WWE's public morals policy....he's gone and rightfully so.

Also, I'm sick of the strawman arguments. No one is arguing that physically assaulting someone is the same as saying racial slurs. What we are saying is that to ignore when these incidents occurred (not when the statements were made but when the public found out about them) and the environment when they occurred is idiotic.

20 years ago, Hogan couldve called a wrestler a ****** or another gay slur and no one wouldve blinked an eye. Now, that gets you fired. Different times.
This is one of those topics we all have different views and backgrounds on. We will probably never see eye to eye on this subject so its probably best for most of us to move on before this goes down a path we cant come back from.

Just for the record though I have never defended Hogan. He got what he deserved.

# 111 Sheba2011 @ 07/28/15 01:51 PM
Quote:
Kenny Anderson: That was his third DUI arrest and he was a teacher.

Bernard Pierce: zero tolerance because of the Rice incident and three other Ravens were arrested that summer.

Damon Evans: Fired primarily because it was late at night and there was a woman in the passenger seat that wasnt his wife.
You can justify it anyway you want, they were all public figures who lost their jobs because of DUI's. You asked me to name one, I named three. I could name a lot more too.

# 112 vtcrb @ 07/28/15 01:53 PM
Quote:
No one said that.

Public figures DONT lose their jobs, because it is OK for them to do things like this. We are talking about everyday normal people who work to put food on the table and a roof over their head. America thinks it is fine for a Celebrity, Politician or an Athlete to commit crimes, because they are Famous and Have Money. DUIs are Bad and just because a Public Figure doesnt Injure or Kill someone Doesnt make it a LESS Serious Crime. As any family who has lost someone from being killed by a Drunk Driver.

As I have stated if you are going to Punish one for Past Issues, punish them all. Did WWE have a Policy in 2006 that stated what Hogan did was Automatic Termination? As it was brought up that the Domestic Abuse Policy wasnt in place in 2004 for Stone Cold. For me it Doesnt matter if there is a Policy for either, BOTH are WRONG. And BOTH should be punished.

Let me ask you guys this IF Hogan was Still an In Ring Performer OR had a Podcast and was on Cover of WWE 2k16, Would WWE fire him? I think we all know the Answer to this question.

# 113 King_B_Mack @ 07/28/15 01:54 PM
Quote:
No. If you read back thru my comments, I am adamant saying what Hogan did is Completely Wrong. And he should be punished. But if you are going to fire him for things in the past, you need to hold your other Employees to the SAME standard and fire them for Past things as well.

Racism, Domestic Violence, among other crimes should NOT be tolerated in this world, much less in the Sports Entertainment Business.
No I've read through your comments plenty, you're basically telling us that they should do nothing to Hogan because they haven't done anything to Austin.

Explain to me how it would be beneficial to WWE to suddenly fire Austin now in order to "justify" firing Hogan now for the black eye he's currently putting on the company? As aholbert has already said, if we didn't know about what Austin did back then and it just came to light today, Austin would be gone as well. The climate of the world is different than what it was in 2004, you know when we all found out about the Austin thing.

Unfortunately for Hogan, even though he said what he said back in 2006 on the tape it's come to light in the here and now where nobody gives a **** when he said it but the fact is he said it and with the way it was said and what was said it's clear it wasn't just some passing moment of anger.

If you want to bust WWE for hypocrisy, then I'd look at how they handle these kind of cases moving forward. They fired Daniel Bryan for choking a guy with a ****ing neck tie for 45 seconds after The Rock scrambled Mick Foley's brains with a steel chair for 25 minutes back in 1998. Why is that? Because the standards of the company changed in that time and the circumstances of the world around them changed as well deeming that sort of thing unacceptable. I guess it's time to dig up that video and ban Dwayne from the company forever to avoid being hypocrites?

# 114 aholbert32 @ 07/28/15 02:02 PM
Quote:
Correct. I am just asking where is the Thread titled? "Convicted Wife Abuser will be on the Cover on WWE 2k16" There was no outrage over this or anything.

On a side note, I love Stone Cold and Hogan for what they brought into the WWE Rin and Arenas, Not what they do outside of the Ring.
Really? Lets play a game. Using that theory here are the potential threads that couldve been made.

WWE2k14: Admitted shoplifter and Thief will be on the Cover on WWE 2k14 (The Rock)

WWE2k13: Former Juvenile Delinquent will be on the Cover on WWE 2k13 (CM Punk arrested 4 times as a juvenile)

WWE' 12: Former Steroid Abuser will be on the Cover on WWE 12 (Randy Orton)

WWE Smackdown v. Raw 2011: Wrestler accused of sexual assault will be on the cover. (Big Show)

WWE' Smackdown v. Raw 2010: Two Former Steroid Abuser will be on the Cover on WWE 12. (Orton and Rey Mysterio)

There is no outrage because those crimes occurred years ago and people have either been exonerated or people have forgiven the athletes. We just found out about Hogan a week ago.

# 115 aholbert32 @ 07/28/15 02:04 PM
Quote:
You can justify it anyway you want, they were all public figures who lost their jobs because of DUI's. You asked me to name one, I named three. I could name a lot more too.
I said name one that lost their jobs solely because of a DUI. You named Bernard Pierce, a backup running back for the Ravens. If thats the best you can come up with than I rest my case.

# 116 aholbert32 @ 07/28/15 02:06 PM
Quote:
This is one of those topics we all have different views and backgrounds on. We will probably never see eye to eye on this subject so its probably best for most of us to move on before this goes down a path we cant come back from.

Just for the record though I have never defended Hogan. He got what he deserved.
Nah, that wont happen to me. I can debate things without getting upset or violating the TOS. I think the argument you are trying to make is bogus and I'm telling you why using reasoned thought. If you cant handle that and respond without violating the TOS....thats your problem.

# 117 vtcrb @ 07/28/15 02:10 PM
Quote:

Quote:
No I've read through your comments plenty, you're basically telling us that they should do nothing to Hogan because they haven't done anything to Austin.

Explain to me how it would be beneficial to WWE to suddenly fire Austin now in order to "justify" firing Hogan now for the black eye he's currently putting on the company? As aholbert has already said, if we didn't know about what Austin did back then and it just came to light today, Austin would be gone as well. The climate of the world is different than what it was in 2004, you know when we all found out about the Austin thing.

Unfortunately for Hogan, even though he said what he said back in 2006 on the tape it's come to light in the here and now where nobody gives a **** when he said it but the fact is he said it and with the way it was said and what was said it's clear it wasn't just some passing moment of anger.

If you want to bust WWE for hypocrisy, then I'd look at how they handle these kind of cases moving forward. They fired Daniel Bryan for choking a guy with a ****ing neck tie for 45 seconds after The Rock scrambled Mick Foley's brains with a steel chair for 25 minutes back in 1998. Why is that? Because the standards of the company changed in that time and the circumstances of the world around them changed as well deeming that sort of thing unacceptable. I guess it's time to dig up that video and ban Dwayne from the company forever to avoid being hypocrites?

Maybe the Climate is Different for You, AHolbert and others, But Not for Me. Domestic Violence is wrong no mater the time it happened. I like how you guys like to Justify our Comments as Wrong/Ignorant because of the "Time Frame" they happened.

Maybe you should Poll victims of Domestic Violence and ask them IF the year they were assaulted makes a difference? Ask them if they have an issue with Stone Cold being fired for what he did in 2004?

Bottom Line for me, no matter WHEN it happens, if it is Wrong it is Wrong. And keeping Athletes/Entertainers/Famous People on Pedestals for their Transgressions is Wrong. whether it is in the Past or Present.

Don't Criticize One guy and Not others because things just came to light in a different time frame.

# 118 aholbert32 @ 07/28/15 02:13 PM
Quote:
Public figures DONT lose their jobs, because it is OK for them to do things like this. We are talking about everyday normal people who work to put food on the table and a roof over their head. America thinks it is fine for a Celebrity, Politician or an Athlete to commit crimes, because they are Famous and Have Money. DUIs are Bad and just because a Public Figure doesnt Injure or Kill someone Doesnt make it a LESS Serious Crime. As any family who has lost someone from being killed by a Drunk Driver.

As I have stated if you are going to Punish one for Past Issues, punish them all. Did WWE have a Policy in 2006 that stated what Hogan did was Automatic Termination? As it was brought up that the Domestic Abuse Policy wasnt in place in 2004 for Stone Cold. For me it Doesnt matter if there is a Policy for either, BOTH are WRONG. And BOTH should be punished.

Let me ask you guys this IF Hogan was Still an In Ring Performer OR had a Podcast and was on Cover of WWE 2k16, Would WWE fire him? I think we all know the Answer to this question.
I'm a lawyer and I've never heard of one lawyer, doctor or other professional who has lost a job solely because of a single DUI where no one was injured or killed. I've seen it happen to teachers (because they are held to a higher standard because of their relation to kids). Ive seen it happen to people who have jobs that requiring driving because the DUI can affect their right to drive.

Again, it doesnt matter that Hogan made the statement in 2006. The statements came out in 2015.

If Hogan was an in-ring performer in 2015, he wouldve been fired just the same. Why?

1) WWE is a publicly traded company and cant be seen as promoting a racist as its biggest star.

2) WWE has no competition at this point and losing Hogan wouldnt boost another promotion enough to be a true rival.

3) If Hogan was on the cover of WWE2k16, they would immediately switch the cover. We are over 2 months away from release and they can easily swap out a new cover.

# 119 aholbert32 @ 07/28/15 02:23 PM
Quote:
Maybe the Climate is Different for You, AHolbert and others, But Not for Me. Domestic Violence is wrong no mater the time it happened. I like how you guys like to Justify our Comments as Wrong/Ignorant because of the "Time Frame" they happened.

Maybe you should Poll victims of Domestic Violence and ask them IF the year they were assaulted makes a difference? Ask them if they have an issue with Stone Cold being fired for what he did in 2004?

Bottom Line for me, no matter WHEN it happens, if it is Wrong it is Wrong. And keeping Athletes/Entertainers/Famous People on Pedestals for their Transgressions is Wrong. whether it is in the Past or Present.

Don't Criticize One guy and Not others because things just came to light in a different time frame.
What the hell are you talking about?

Who said domestic violence wasnt wrong? No one. You are arguing against a point no one is making.

Back in 2004, Stone Cold shouldve been suspended or fired for his DV arrest. He wasnt and thats wrong. But if WWE wants to put him on the cover of a game 11 years later after he's served his time and kept his nose clean for 11 yrs...I dont have a problem with it.

If these Hogan comments wouldve been released in 2006 and the backlash occurred back in 2006, I probably wouldnt have an issue with Hogan being hired back by WWE. 9 yrs wouldve passed. Maybe I would still have an issue with those comments, who knows.

The fact is we didnt hear about those comments 9 years ago. We heard about them last week. The sex tape leaked years ago. Hogan has known about the comments on those tapes for years. Instead of getting ahead of the story, admitting what was said, apologizing for it and saying that he was in a bad space...he used his lawyers in an attempt to stop the court/Gawker from releasing the full comments.

# 120 vtcrb @ 07/28/15 02:25 PM
Quote:
I'm a lawyer and I've never heard of one lawyer, doctor or other professional who has lost a job solely because of a single DUI where no one was injured or killed. I've seen it happen to teachers (because they are held to a higher standard because of their relation to kids). Ive seen it happen to people who have jobs that requiring driving because the DUI can affect their right to drive.

Again, it doesnt matter that Hogan made the statement in 2006. The statements came out in 2015.

If Hogan was an in-ring performer in 2015, he wouldve been fired just the same. Why?

1) WWE is a publicly traded company and cant be seen as promoting a racist as its biggest star.

2) WWE has no competition at this point and losing Hogan wouldnt boost another promotion enough to be a true rival.

3) If Hogan was on the cover of WWE2k16, they would immediately switch the cover. We are over 2 months away from release and they can easily swap out a new cover.

Yes any job where the ability to drive is required would be terminated.

Now i disagree IF Hogan were still in his Prime in 2015, He would not Lose his Job. It would be like WWE firing John Cena. He is the closest to what Hogan was in his Prime. I think Hogan would Lose the Belt and have an "INJURY" angle play out for 6 months or so.

The Firing is because Yes Hogan still brings in some $$ thru merchandise, But he doesnt bring in enough to Justify keeping him around with all the Negative Publicity. Lets be honest IF Hogan had another title Run in him, he would have been Suspended.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.