Home
Madden NFL 16 News Post
Madden NFL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Cnada @ 07/27/15 07:56 PM
The touch pass better be redone because it didnt work. The pass was so slow a LB would get upfield to knock it down or INT.

Great in practice but was simply too risky to use.

I dont think theirs even any expert guides on using it.

Double tap will make it easier to know its that throw type though

# 22 apollon42 @ 07/27/15 08:05 PM
This actually looks pretty good.

# 23 SageInfinite @ 07/27/15 08:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratedmoney
Im with everyone on the QB animations. Worst animations in the game. Yes they added some new ones but the QB animations and movement overall needs to be completely redone.
I agree, but also disagree at the same time. The defensive movement I think is a tie for the worst in the game. The way DB's and safeties move around is just disgusting at times. That's why I really wanted them to implement some form of true step on defense as well. The plays I see some DB's and safeties make on balls is just UGH. To see you're WR run a route, and have a DB undercut him or make a play on a ball he had no business being near is just BAD.

I'm sure Tiburon really wants to fix this, I just hope they get to it sooner or later.

# 24 jpdavis82 @ 07/27/15 09:38 PM
I like how the LB swats at one of the balls as it goes by his head. Good player awareness on display there.

# 25 RogueHominid @ 07/27/15 10:18 PM
The catch animations looked nice, although the lighting still looks bad to me.

I just hope the emphasis on air supremacy doesn't produce another year of extremely unrealistic default completion percentages. I got tired of the 75-85% rates real fast last year.

# 26 Cowboy008 @ 07/27/15 11:20 PM
I just really hope that the offense isn't overpowered this year.

# 27 jmarcguy @ 07/27/15 11:39 PM
Looks really good but why are the qb animations still not smooth? That's one area they've neglected for years. It took how long for them to finally have the QB plant his back foot on his drop instead just peddling backward? Not every QB has a death grip with 2 hands in the ball either. The game looks beautiful but the QB motions still need work.

# 28 ATLBrayden @ 07/28/15 02:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarcguy
Looks really good but why are the qb animations still not smooth? That's one area they've neglected for years. It took how long for them to finally have the QB plant his back foot on his drop instead just peddling backward? Not every QB has a death grip with 2 hands in the ball either. The game looks beautiful but the QB motions still need work.
We also need more unique cadances, it doesn't seem like it'd be so hard to pull some audio from a QB and put it in the game, I mean QBs use their voice virtually every play, unless there's a silent snap and no audibles or something like that.

# 29 BleedGreen710 @ 07/28/15 07:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
I like how the LB swats at one of the balls as it goes by his head. Good player awareness on display there.
me too! that was my favorite part of the video. a line backer going for the swat and coming up with air.. can't remember the last time i've seen that in madden

# 30 DeuceDouglas @ 07/28/15 08:21 AM
Really wish they would get rid of that catch animation at :20 where the receiver always warps into position to catch the ball, usually four or five yards from the sideline, and then falls down. Hopefully they continue to improve the catch animations all around from year to year. Seems like they've done a nice job this year on the contested stuff but they still need to clean up and expand upon the basic catch animations as well as the sideline ones.

# 31 BleedGreen710 @ 07/28/15 08:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
Really wish they would get rid of that catch animation at :20 where the receiver always warps into position to catch the ball, usually four or five yards from the sideline, and then falls down. Hopefully they continue to improve the catch animations all around from year to year. Seems like they've done a nice job this year on the contested stuff but they still need to clean up and expand upon the basic catch animations as well as the sideline ones.
I agree but it was really neat seeing the defender make a desperate lung to try and hammer the receiver and knock the ball loose. hopefully they will sometimes drop it

# 32 TexasFan2005 @ 07/28/15 08:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedGreen710
hopefully they will sometimes drop it
That's the thing. For every catch animation they add, they must add several drop animations for them as well. It seems like if they add catch animations then they are 100% going to catch it if the ball ends up in their hands.

As it stands, I don't think I've ever seen a challenge that's based on whether or not the receiver had control of the ball while falling down. The only challenges I see is if the player was inbounds or not.

# 33 DeuceDouglas @ 07/28/15 08:57 AM
Quote:
I agree but it was really neat seeing the defender make a desperate lung to try and hammer the receiver and knock the ball loose. hopefully they will sometimes drop it
Agreed. That's another thing I'd like to see expanded upon, and they've done it somewhat this year, is the drops or ball knockouts. It's good that they've added a lot of knockout animations but I hate the way when receivers drop passes it's just like they have brick hands and the ball goes off of them and then straight to the ground. I'd like to see passes slipping through receivers hands or bouncing off them and continuing down field. Or bobble drops. It's a little thing but it would go a long way.

# 34 BleedGreen710 @ 07/28/15 09:15 AM
Quote:
Agreed. That's another thing I'd like to see expanded upon, and they've done it somewhat this year, is the drops or ball knockouts. It's good that they've added a lot of knockout animations but I hate the way when receivers drop passes it's just like they have brick hands and the ball goes off of them and then straight to the ground. I'd like to see passes slipping through receivers hands or bouncing off them and continuing down field. Or bobble drops. It's a little thing but it would go a long way.
yeah. i want to see catch/drop animations where i dont know if he's gonna catch it or not until the very end.

# 35 SolidSquid @ 07/28/15 10:13 AM
Quote:
yeah. i want to see catch/drop animations where i dont know if he's gonna catch it or not until the very end.
To piggy back on this Id like to see bobbled or double catches for guys with low ratings. Would be even better if guys drop the ball when getting hit while bobbling it.

# 36 Datninja619 @ 07/28/15 11:32 AM
Quote:
me too! that was my favorite part of the video. a line backer going for the swat and coming up with air.. can't remember the last time i've seen that in madden

This was in the M15. At least I KNOW the DBs would attempt to swat.

I agree, it does add a certain feeling of accomplishment knowing your QB dropped a dime over the DBs hand to a WR in stride.

# 37 SageInfinite @ 07/28/15 11:49 AM
Quote:
I agree. That catch is so ugly. I really wish when they capture new catches, they captured everything new. Some of that last gen stuff is just BAD. I don't know how they thought that stuff was acceptable. Luckily they've moved onto superior animations and capture techniques. The game would seem so fresh with all new animations. 16 definitely looks to be the one though.

# 38 baller768 @ 07/28/15 01:50 PM
I really like the hand fight between Hilton and Amukamara. Hopefully strong corners will be able to push receivers off routes and strong receivers will be able to push away corners. Also, in the background, I liked the way the linemen were trying to actually stop/get by each other rather than just warp on and off each other.

# 39 JOS1181 @ 07/28/15 02:16 PM
Quote:

The thing that I didnt like about that play is the LB showed zero awareness after the ball passes his hand. He just slumps back over until the catch is made and then he turns around and chases.

# 40 iLLWiLL @ 07/28/15 05:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOS1181
The thing that I didnt like about that play is the LB showed zero awareness after the ball passes his hand. He just slumps back over until the catch is made and then he turns around and chases.
Agreed. However, at least it is in the game. A better animation would have been, even as the ball just wizzed passed him, if the LB stuck his hand up but the momentum of his missed attempt carried him backwards a bit as the LB looks over his shoulder to track the ball.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.