Home
Rugby Challenge 3 News Post

Tru Blu Entertainment and Wicked Witch Software have just announced Rugby Challenge 3 for Xbox One, PS4, 360, PS3 and PC. It is scheduled to arrive later this year, check out some of the features below.
  • NEW! Rugby Sevens - this first time addition brings all the realism and fast-paced action of live seven-a-side Rugby to the Rugby Challenge series.
  • NEW! Take total control in Be a Pro mode. Join a club team as a rookie and control your own destiny over 13 action packed seasons. Complete match goals to improve your skills as a player and work towards becoming the captain of your club. Work your way up the domestic ladder, and impress selectors to play for your national team on the world stage!
  • NEW! FanHub - the interactive Player Creator allows you to create yourself as a player and play then through the ranks. Players and teams can be shared online across all supported platforms.
  • BRAND NEW! Crisp next gen graphics - increased resolution and textures.
  • Real-time commentary from seasoned rugby commentators Grant Nisbett and former All Blacks turned commentator Justin Marshall. French language commentary from Eric Bayle and Thomas Lombard.
  • Play in different game modes including: Single Match; multi-team Competition; extensive multi-year Career Mode; Be a Pro Mode; and Online Multiplayer Mode.
  • Play over 11 competitions including the all new Super Rugby, ITM Cup and Currie Cup!!!
Read the full press release here.

Rugby Challenge 3 screenshot gallery - Click to view Rugby Challenge 3 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Rugby Challenge 3Hype Score: Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 0 - View All
Member Comments
# 1 bad_philanthropy @ 07/28/15 04:08 PM
RC2 is definitely a little rough, but still the best rugby game by far. I had lots of fun with it. RC3 is a day one buy for me. I hope the series stays around.

# 2 Boltman @ 07/28/15 04:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
RC2 is definitely a little rough, but still the best rugby game by far. I had lots of fun with it. RC3 is a day one buy for me. I hope the series stays around.
Yea I still play RC2 (one of the Rugby games that has me keeping my 360).

Day one buy for me as well, finally a Rugby game I'll have & play on my PS4.

# 3 jb12780 @ 07/28/15 04:51 PM
I like it. Definitely will be on the radar.

Interested to see how many more licensed national teams they can get.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

# 4 Cpre5 @ 07/28/15 05:03 PM
So Tru Blu is publishing both RC3 and RLL3? same game for different regions?

# 5 bad_philanthropy @ 07/28/15 06:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpre5
So Tru Blu is publishing both RC3 and RLL3? same game for different regions?
No, RC3 is a Rugby Union game, and RLL3 is a Rugby League Game. They are different versions (or codes as they're called) of rugby with some fundamentally different rules and general formats of the sport. Think kind of like Canadian Football and American (NFL/College) Football.

# 6 Boltman @ 07/28/15 10:53 PM
I love 7s and I'm glad they're implementing 7s play this year. I've always been a Union fan first, though I'll admit I've always wanted to try a sevens mode and now it looks like I'll be able to!

# 7 YoungBuck3 @ 07/29/15 12:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
Rugby 08 is much better than RC2 as far as I'm concerned.

08 and JLR still have the crown.

Glad Sidhe isn't doing this one.

# 8 dubcity @ 07/29/15 04:31 AM
Sounds badass. Seems like RC2 wasn't as well received as the first one (which is the only one I've played), so hopefully this is better. Graphically it looks up to par with late era 360/PS3 major studio games, which is fine by me considering we're dealing with a smaller gaming company.

# 9 Boltman @ 07/29/15 08:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungBuck3
08 and JLR still have the crown.
Oh I agree completely, that's why I still own both. They both play amazing and are must haves for Rugby fans.

RC2 was solid not great, but it looked pretty good graphically and played a pretty decent game of Union.

I'm buying RC3 day one no doubt, been dying for a Rugby game on PS4. The one already out is pretty bad.

# 10 jb12780 @ 07/29/15 08:57 AM
I hope they change the penalty system. In RC1 you could only be called for offsides and high tackles.

Also interested to see how rucks and scrums have changed.

# 11 HenryClay1844 @ 07/29/15 10:22 AM
So, dumb guy question, is there a version that has 11 men and is closer to American football? When they have the rugby world cup is it 7 or 11 men? I only ever see rugby when I watch English League football highlights on Skye it looks interesting, but it's hard to follow as a novice.

# 12 jb12780 @ 07/29/15 10:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryClay1844
So, dumb guy question, is there a version that has 11 men and is closer to American football? When they have the rugby world cup is it 7 or 11 men? I only ever see rugby when I watch English League football highlights on Skye it looks interesting, but it's hard to follow as a novice.
That is called rugby league.

# 13 HenryClay1844 @ 07/29/15 02:17 PM
I wanted to post the Wiki page for anyone as clueless as I am about the shear number of forms of rugby. I guess this game only represents the seven man form of Rugby Union as opposed to Rugby League which is usually 15 men. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rugby_football

# 14 Boltman @ 07/29/15 02:31 PM
Unless I'm misreading your post, this game is not only sevens. Sevens is a new feature which will be included but it's main feature will be Rugby Union which is traditional 15 a side.

The way your post read it kinda confused me.

# 15 HenryClay1844 @ 07/29/15 05:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltman
Unless I'm misreading your post, this game is not only sevens. Sevens is a new feature which will be included but it's main feature will be Rugby Union which is traditional 15 a side.

The way your post read it kinda confused me.
So this game has both the Union 15 and Union 7 versions of the game? I've never played any rugby game, but I thought about buying the EA rugby game way back. I read it as the seven man versions only and I didn't know that much about the various forms of rugby. Hopefully more information will come out and clearly explain to novices what is going on in a game. That's why I got into football (soccer) so much it because it is so easy to pick up and understand compared to American football, baseball, or cricket or rugby. (can you imagine trying to explain American football to a novice? ) Seriously sports games are not good at explaining themselves to people who aren't already fans and knowledgeable.

# 16 Boltman @ 07/29/15 06:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryClay1844
So this game has both the Union 15 and Union 7 versions of the game? I've never played any rugby game, but I thought about buying the EA rugby game way back. I read it as the seven man versions only and I didn't know that much about the various forms of rugby. Hopefully more information will come out and clearly explain to novices what is going on in a game. That's why I got into football (soccer) so much it because it is so easy to pick up and understand compared to American football, baseball, or cricket or rugby. (can you imagine trying to explain American football to a novice? ) Seriously sports games are not good at explaining themselves to people who aren't already fans and knowledgeable.
I pasted this back in the Jonah Lomu Rugby Challenge thread and it's still relevant.

Good video check it out.

Watch "Jonah Lomu Rugby Challenge™" - What is Rugby?" on YouTube

https://youtu.be/86SrUCg25qo

# 17 Krebstar @ 07/30/15 11:19 AM
Holy crap I'm so excited!

With the right sliders, RC2 is definitely not a bad game, and I'd be more than willing to throw money at a version with even a few fixes. Please, please, please add player progression in career mode!

The fact that we'll also now be able to update kits even on consoles (unless I'm missing something) is also a huge bonus.

Can't wait to hear a release date for this.

# 18 baconbits11 @ 07/30/15 01:24 PM
Day one purchase, but hope they fix the penalties and player progression. If so I'll be a happy bugger (and rugger)

# 19 Boltman @ 07/31/15 01:20 PM
International covers.

# 20 Krebstar @ 07/31/15 07:41 PM
Would be fantastic if this is available for digital download upon release.

I'll glady pay for shipping from the UK, but I just don't wait to wait.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.