Home
Rugby Challenge 3 News Post

Tru Blu Entertainment and Wicked Witch Software have just announced Rugby Challenge 3 for Xbox One, PS4, 360, PS3 and PC. It is scheduled to arrive later this year, check out some of the features below.
  • NEW! Rugby Sevens - this first time addition brings all the realism and fast-paced action of live seven-a-side Rugby to the Rugby Challenge series.
  • NEW! Take total control in Be a Pro mode. Join a club team as a rookie and control your own destiny over 13 action packed seasons. Complete match goals to improve your skills as a player and work towards becoming the captain of your club. Work your way up the domestic ladder, and impress selectors to play for your national team on the world stage!
  • NEW! FanHub - the interactive Player Creator allows you to create yourself as a player and play then through the ranks. Players and teams can be shared online across all supported platforms.
  • BRAND NEW! Crisp next gen graphics - increased resolution and textures.
  • Real-time commentary from seasoned rugby commentators Grant Nisbett and former All Blacks turned commentator Justin Marshall. French language commentary from Eric Bayle and Thomas Lombard.
  • Play in different game modes including: Single Match; multi-team Competition; extensive multi-year Career Mode; Be a Pro Mode; and Online Multiplayer Mode.
  • Play over 11 competitions including the all new Super Rugby, ITM Cup and Currie Cup!!!
Read the full press release here.

Rugby Challenge 3 screenshot gallery - Click to view Rugby Challenge 3 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Rugby Challenge 3Hype Score: Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 0 - View All
Member Comments
# 141 jb12780 @ 04/07/16 02:12 PM
Not impressed to be honest. Looks like the 1st game.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

# 142 thekodinator @ 04/07/16 02:22 PM
I was loving everything right up until the 3:05 mark when... HOLY COW... the wallabies spun two 20m+ passes through like 15 bodies like it was nothing. That passing was a little unrealistic. Other than that tho, looks like the game will be a lot of fun.

# 143 dubcity @ 04/07/16 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekodinator
I was loving everything right up until the 3:05 mark when... HOLY COW... the wallabies spun two 20m+ passes through like 15 bodies like it was nothing. That passing was a little unrealistic. Other than that tho, looks like the game will be a lot of fun.

Yeah, seems like overall it's slower than previous years, but some of those offloads are pretty silly. That can be addressed via sliders tho.

# 144 Boltman @ 04/07/16 03:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jb12780
Not impressed to be honest. Looks like the 1st game.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk
I'll still get it

# 145 fearwhatnow @ 04/08/16 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltman
I'll still get it
Tbh I expected much improvement given the release cycle and the delays. Maybe sliders will help but idk. Some things seem so easy (to me ofc, I'm not a dev) to fix. Anyway, game will be fun as the 2nd one I guess. Maybe it's too much to expect a full sim.

# 146 baconbits11 @ 04/13/16 12:17 PM
https://www.facebook.com/search/top/...fficial%20game

This says it will be downloadable on XBOX Live and Playstation Network April 22nd.

# 147 bad_philanthropy @ 04/16/16 01:07 PM
Still no progression/regression in career mode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vTALQl8q7U

# 148 Krebstar @ 04/16/16 01:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
Still no progression/regression in career mode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vTALQl8q7U
Pathetic. Just made my decision to not purchase incredibly easy.

I just want to live in a fantasy world where EA Sports releases Rugby 16/17 full of licenses and a decent career mode.

Thankfully RLL3 just got it's console patch and it improved the career mode. Time to go get my rugby fix playing that.

# 149 dubcity @ 04/16/16 02:06 PM
Yeah, game just doesn't look like much of an upgrade graphically or gameplay wise. Maybe at a discounted price.

# 150 Hunkerdown @ 04/16/16 02:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krebstar
Pathetic. Just made my decision to not purchase incredibly easy.

I just want to live in a fantasy world where EA Sports releases Rugby 16/17 full of licenses and a decent career mode.

Thankfully RLL3 just got it's console patch and it improved the career mode. Time to go get my rugby fix playing that.
How RLL3 improve career mode?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

# 151 Krebstar @ 04/16/16 02:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaa1980
How RLL3 improve career mode?

You can now play as representative sides, as you could in RLL2. So, national sides, and State of Origin.

They also patched it so you can select kits before matches, and also so you can now view players full stats in management, and when signing new players.

Also, they've added the Challenge Cup in England!

Basically fixed what already should've been in, but still, a pretty good career mode for a rugby game.

Here's the RLL3 thread that has the full patch notes.

# 152 Hunkerdown @ 04/16/16 03:02 PM
Is career mode pretty solid, progression or regression? Gameplay solid?

# 153 xandermole25 @ 04/16/16 07:13 PM
Quote:
Is career mode pretty solid, progression or regression? Gameplay solid?

apparently their is no progresssion

# 154 Hunkerdown @ 04/16/16 07:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xandermole25
apparently their is no progresssion
Sorry, i meant for rugby league live 3

I made the jump for rugby league live 3, like what ive read post patch. Now any suggestions kreb for what settings to play career mode in?

# 155 Chris200000 @ 04/16/16 08:43 PM
Can't wait to get this for Xbox One

# 156 Krebstar @ 04/17/16 11:49 AM
Quote:
Sorry, i meant for rugby league live 3

I made the jump for rugby league live 3, like what ive read post patch. Now any suggestions kreb for what settings to play career mode in?

I'll post a response to this in the RLL3 thread so we can keep this one focused on RC3.

# 157 xandermole25 @ 04/19/16 01:56 PM
well folks, i got my copy yesterday and i'm sad to say that it's pretty bad
sevens is a score fest pretty much who ever catches the kick off scores in my experience
15s is exactly the same as rc2 but there are less licenses... hopefully there will be good teams on the fanhub soon

# 158 Krebstar @ 04/19/16 02:43 PM
I'm hoping Big Ant chooses to make a union game in the next few years.

# 159 dubcity @ 04/19/16 03:03 PM
Still might pick this up if it shows up on US PSN or Amazon for $60. Can't justify $75-$80.

# 160 baconbits11 @ 04/19/16 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xandermole25
well folks, i got my copy yesterday and i'm sad to say that it's pretty bad
sevens is a score fest pretty much who ever catches the kick off scores in my experience
15s is exactly the same as rc2 but there are less licenses... hopefully there will be good teams on the fanhub soon
The sevens issue can probably be fixed by turning up the defensive slider. There are not less licenses, as South Africa is completely licensed in this version. True France leagues are missing but that's really it.

Where did you get your copy so early?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.