Home
NHL 16 News Post

The NHL Board of Governors approved a change to the regular season overtime rules in late June. The old 4-on-4 setup was ditched for a new 3-on-3 setup. However, those rules will not be in NHL 16, at least not when the game launched.

I thought I had heard NHL 16's Sean Ramjagsingh say this exact thing during the Twitch live stream yesterday, and now it's confirmed via Sean Leahy's interview on Puck Daddy with Ramjagsingh.

Quote:
On new NHL rules (3-on-3 OT, coaches challenge, etc.) in the game: “Not for launch, but that’s something that we will look at it. It’s part of the new rules of the NHL, so it’s something we’ll look to potentially add post-launch.”

It would not be the first time rule changes were implemented after the season began, but this seems like it would come via an actual patch rather than just a "basic" tuning update.

Source: Puck Daddy chats with NHL 16 producer Sean Ramjagsingh about EA Sports Hockey League, playoff beards (Puck Daddy)

Game: NHL 16Reader Score: Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 0 - View All
NHL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 snc237 @ 07/30/15 04:39 PM
Going to be a lot of spamming with only 3-3.

# 2 Mr_K @ 07/30/15 05:08 PM
Wait how difficult is it to change from 4v4 to 3v3.... seriously? If a game claims to be authentic, then it should have this simple change that has a large effect on the game of hockey.

# 3 Yzerman101 @ 07/30/15 05:17 PM
Not god at all

# 4 Stormyhog @ 07/30/15 05:46 PM
Pretty silly to not have this implemented into the game. I hope they just didn't put all there time & effort into the EASHL mode & neglect everything else.

# 5 nddurst @ 07/30/15 05:54 PM
This is too big of a deal for Rammer to be saying things like "we will look at it" or "we’ll look to potentially add post-launch", don't you think?

Makes me think they're not really going to make it a priority, which would be a major fail if you ask me.

# 6 bcruise @ 07/30/15 05:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nddurst
This is too big of a deal for Rammer to be saying things like "we will look at it" or "we’ll look to potentially add post-launch", don't you think?

Makes me think they're not really going to make it a priority, which would be a major fail if you ask me.
Making promises you don't know if you'll be able to keep is a really bad way of doing business.

# 7 mjavon @ 07/30/15 05:58 PM
I don't know why this would be hard to add seeing as 3-on-3 is already in the game... that being said I will probably not want to play 3-on-3 overtime anyways, so this doesn't really affect me.

# 8 Turbojugend @ 07/31/15 01:43 PM
Seeing as this rule was adopted barely a month ago, I can't say I'm surprised it didn't make the cut this late in the development cycle. Hopefully it's a relatively easy patch.

# 9 Simple Mathematics @ 07/31/15 09:21 PM
I agree with others here. Is this really that hard to add? 3 on 3 is already in the game if you get the right amount of penalties.

# 10 Stormyhog @ 07/31/15 11:46 PM
You'd think that being the official game of the NHL you'd have all the rules in place. They have had more then enough time to put them in. Wake up.

# 11 Perceptor @ 08/01/15 10:34 AM
I think to be fair, that rule was implemented recently and they probably were finalizing the features and rules. I can understand why it wouldn't be in at launch. Having said that, launch date is September. My thought is that it will make it before opening night.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.