Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

2K has just announced 2K Pro-Am for NBA 2K16, which is a new mode for MyPLAYERS. Check out the new trailer here.

2K Pro-Am will feature instant matchmaking, with no waiting and games will start immediately. That means, no "Got Next" spots in 2K Pro-Am.

Quote:
Grab your friends, design your own logos, jerseys and arenas for full branding of your team. After your identity has been stamped, rise up the leaderboards with your team to compete against the best in the world in 5 on 5 matches on full-sized courts with NBA rules in a venue that supports 40 players playing simultaneously.

2K Pro-Am will feature daily, monthly and overall leaderboards with league leaders, power rankings and more. You can completely customize your team and create your own uniforms with the ability to change colors, number size, stripe configurations, collar types, mesh patterns, resizing text and logos (which can be imported) and so much more.

You can also completely customize your arena from the ground up by selecting from various jumbotrons, scorer's tables, baskets and sound effects. If you don't like a particular floor pattern, change it up (Herringbone, Honeycomb and more), along with colors of any line you can think of (out of bounds, key, center circle, half court, perimeter, etc.). Users can create customized text on the floors and sidelines, along with the ability to upload custom images.

NBA 2K16 2K Pro-Am Features:
  • Play with your MyPLAYER - Walk on or form a team with friends
  • NBA style basketball including timeouts and fouls
  • No waiting. Instant matchmaking against similarly ranked opponents
  • Fully customizable team designer, upload images or choose from customizable logos
Read the details, watch the trailer and let us know what you think!

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 charlesadams3rd @ 07/31/15 12:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bo.jangles344
Lol...

We get crew back, essentially, then this guy.

Big ups, 2k.
People ALWAYS gotta complain about something.

Sent from my D6616 using Tapatalk

# 142 I Djm @ 07/31/15 12:51 AM
Seattle we Byke!! Attachment 103339

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

# 143 Fabric @ 07/31/15 01:12 AM
I'm happy for all you online playing people. Me on the other hand, as someone who only plays offline with my own custom rosters and draft classes, all I see are a ton of CAPs and not a single tattoo or headband in sight :/

# 144 2_headedmonster @ 07/31/15 02:19 AM
It would be cool as hell if you could charge someone, or a team VC to design their arena and jersey.

# 145 Boilerbuzz @ 07/31/15 02:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Seems like the Sonics logo (and some other custom logos) would cause 2k some issues if displayed on courts.
Why? Sonics are NBA.

And I'm SHOCKED no one has said it, so I will:

Now if only APF had this level of customization...

# 146 Lakerf57n @ 07/31/15 03:10 AM
with these kind of customization features there's all almost limitless things that you can do. upload tattoos,shoe designs, even cover up some of those plain t-shirts that we have 2k collection. I haven't been as excited about a mode like this since teambuilder for NCAA.

# 147 lakers24 @ 07/31/15 03:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
Why? Sonics are NBA.

And I'm SHOCKED no one has said it, so I will:

Now if only APF had this level of customization...

This!
People would buy the hell out of a football game that allowed you to build team identities with this level of customization. Real current players would be nice to have but even without them I'm sure it'd be alright.

BTW, this creation suite is exactly how I envisioned it should be when I made my thread. It's basically CH2k8 editor on steroids allowing for more detail and unique creations.

# 148 canucksss @ 07/31/15 03:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UH53
As a football fan this saddens me.... I feel absolutely robbed that we don't get anywhere close to the innovation that 2k puts out. I know it's wishful thinking but it would make mine and a whole lot of people's day if 2k got back in the game. Big ups NBA fans you can continue to enjoy the best sports title in gaming once again!
Same sentiments for me and other NHL Fans. I will buy this year's NBA 2k16, enjoyed the 2k14-15, the years when I skipped EA's NHL.

I wish 2k will resume making NHL, just like what they are doing here in NBA, before I am too old to play video games.

# 149 King_B_Mack @ 07/31/15 03:16 AM
Me looking at 2K after that trailer

Absolutely amazing work 2K. I'm not even an online guy and I'm legit happy for those dudes. We need that customization in My League/My GM and create-a-team. Not even just for relocation because teams change jerseys and courts all the time without actually moving. Just look at Toronto and Sacratmento or even Cleveland. Looking like basketball side of things starting to borrow a little bit from the WWE side of things. That customization is straight out of the WWE playbook lol.

# 150 23 @ 07/31/15 03:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
Me looking at 2K after that trailer

Absolutely amazing work 2K. I'm not even an online guy and I'm legit happy for those dudes. We need that customization in My League/My GM and create-a-team. Not even just for relocation because teams change jerseys and courts all the time without actually moving. Just look at Toronto and Sacratmento or even Cleveland. Looking like basketball side of things starting to borrow a little bit from the WWE side of things. That customization is straight out of the WWE playbook lol.
Man i finally want my team usa tournament vs the euro league teams

That to me is a fire mode waiting to be had but if i can do it on my own now in my league...... lawd!!!

That said only if this tool is included in other modes or just there to use... hey nba expansion is always being thrown around

If pro am is the catalyst for this then I'm all for it

# 151 Jordanmike6 @ 07/31/15 03:34 AM
"And let us know what you think!"
I don't like this video!

# 152 JMart14 @ 07/31/15 03:37 AM
Too good to be true...

# 153 demunnj @ 07/31/15 03:44 AM
WOW no one cares if the gameplay is good tho lol

# 154 Jordanmike6 @ 07/31/15 03:57 AM
How do you want get a good gameplay Court seemes to be small again!!
It is so ridiculous. If i have 10 years old i will be happy of this video but my age is 35. I'm sorry 2k i can't stand your video!!

# 155 Jordanmike6 @ 07/31/15 04:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMart14
Too good to be true...
Too good to be good!!

# 156 23 @ 07/31/15 04:04 AM
Man alot of what i see is scary close to what lakers24 wrote in the greatest post in gaming thread he made. The creator sounds eerily similar and if 2k didn't already have that in the bag, kudos for listening to him.

Customization wise i mean. When is the next batch of info?

# 157 YaBoial @ 07/31/15 04:17 AM
The mode is cool with match making but honestly all 2k game modes were already good. Just need better gameplay and most importantly bigger court

Sent from my LIFE PURE MINI using Tapatalk

# 158 brza37 @ 07/31/15 05:04 AM
Wow! I'm mad at 2k. Seriously, how am I gonna find enough time to play this game? myLeague/myGM, myCareer and now Pro-Am all gonna be vying for my time. Wife and kids gonna be pissed. Gonna have to quit my job all cuz of 2k.
Seriously, this is what a sports game should be like. Full customization and something for everyone. Amazing! I've never even been into NBA online modes but I'm really lookin forward to this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeGSW
3. I'm concerned about glitches 7 footers like in the park last year and in 2K11. Hope that doesn't happen again. Will literally ruin the mode.
Yeah, I hope they take height into account for the matchmaking. So if you have a team of realistic height players the matchmaking will seek out another team in the same mold with similar experience, W-L record etc. The 7 ft. PG cheese teams can play against each other. Sims squads can quickly find other sim teams. Everyone's happy.

# 159 CT Pitbull @ 07/31/15 05:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UH53
As a football fan this saddens me.... I feel absolutely robbed that we don't get anywhere close to the innovation that 2k puts out. I know it's wishful thinking but it would make mine and a whole lot of people's day if 2k got back in the game. Big ups NBA fans you can continue to enjoy the best sports title in gaming once again!
PREACH!! Man if this kind of customization came with Madden I would never want to leave the house. I cant wait to try this out. 2k just does SPORTS better. THE END

# 160 Goffs @ 07/31/15 05:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Man alot of what i see is scary close to what lakers24 wrote in the greatest post in gaming thread he made. The creator sounds eerily similar and if 2k didn't already have that in the bag, kudos for listening to him.

Customization wise i mean. When is the next batch of info?
Let's hope they listened to the sound threads....

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.