Home
Madden NFL 16 News Post
Madden NFL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 SeaTownGamer @ 08/01/15 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
Don't be too hurt.

I'm not bro. That is your opinion. If u think he's not that good that's fine with me. I'm not going to cry over it. Smh

# 22 bkrich83 @ 08/01/15 07:18 PM
Seattle fans, continue to be Seattle fans, no matter the sport.

# 23 Datninja619 @ 08/01/15 07:33 PM
Weddle!! Love that he gets some recognition! He is similar to Polamalu imo. Not blazing fast, but is on the field every. Single. Play. Puts himself in the right spot. There must be some hidden stats in there to bump his OVR to 96.

Edit. Actually just noticed how high is PREC is compared to the others
Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

# 24 fmw32 @ 08/01/15 09:39 PM
That's crazy after 1 season that Odell Beckham is considered a top 5 receiver. That rating they definitely got wrong

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk

# 25 Birdman18 @ 08/01/15 11:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmw32
That's crazy after 1 season that Odell Beckham is considered a top 5 receiver. That rating they definitely got wrong

He did average 108 yards a game and had 12 td's in 12 games.. He has top WR stats..
Not saying he's top 5 or not, but the season he had as a rookie is pretty damn impressive..

www.techraptor.net

# 26 Nerox23 @ 08/02/15 05:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnybonez
haha meant that, stuck in the past... hopefully he doesn't have a generic face again
I know right... Has me kinda worried seeing how they took his pic from the back

# 27 fmw32 @ 08/02/15 06:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdman18
He did average 108 yards a game and had 12 td's in 12 games.. He has top WR stats..
Not saying he's top 5 or not, but the season he had as a rookie is pretty damn impressive..

www.techraptor.net
Yeah I agree he has good numbers I just thought they'd give it another year before giving him elite status

# 28 Birdman18 @ 08/02/15 09:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmw32
Yeah I agree he has good numbers I just thought they'd give it another year before giving him elite status

This is EA we're talking about.. lol

Plus he's the cover athlete.. No way he wasn't gonna be rated ridiculously high

www.techraptor.net

# 29 TheKingOfVa @ 08/02/15 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by raidertiger
Earl Thomas is the potential GOAT FS and he's not even the best safety in Madden?
He's not close to the potential GOAT FS. Guys like Ed Reed, Larry Wilson, Willie Wood, Darren Sharper, and Ronnie Lott were better and with way more career accomplishments. All these guys were at least 6 time all-pro's.

# 30 SeaTownGamer @ 08/03/15 12:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKingOfVa
He's not close to the potential GOAT FS. Guys like Ed Reed, Larry Wilson, Willie Wood, Darren Sharper, and Ronnie Lott were better and with way more career accomplishments. All these guys were at least 6 time all-pro's.
Earl Thomas is 26 years old and has been in the league 5 seasons and been an All Pro 4 times. If he keeps this up he belongs in the conversation.

# 31 Sheba2011 @ 08/03/15 01:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaTownGamer
Today I learned Earl Thomas isn't that good. Smh
No one is saying he sucks, he is just not the god level that Seattle fans make him out to be. He is one of the top 5 in the game but many outside of Seattle do not think he is the best. You do, we all have opinions. Many in New England think McCourty is the best. In California they think Weddle is.

# 32 Sheba2011 @ 08/03/15 01:15 AM
Quote:
Earl Thomas is 26 years old and has been in the league 5 seasons and been an All Pro 4 times. If he keeps this up he belongs in the conversation.
If he keeps it up he will be in contention. But a guy who has only been playing 5 seasons can't be considered for greatest of all time. It's like the ones who are already electing Andrew "I threw another INT" Luck to the HOF. If you really watch Luck you see two QB's, an excellent one against poor competition and a very average one against good competition. We need to wait till any of these players retire before we talk GOAT.

Plus we have never seen him play without one of the greatest secondaries of all time. What we he do in a situation like Weddle, who has never had a Sherman or Chancellor? Would he still be just as good. It's a lot easier to say a guy is better when he is surrounded by better talent.

# 33 SeaTownGamer @ 08/03/15 01:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
No one is saying he sucks, he is just not the god level that Seattle fans make him out to be. He is one of the top 5 in the game but many outside of Seattle do not think he is the best. You do, we all have opinions. Many in New England think McCourty is the best. In California they think Weddle is.
True, everyone has their opinion but it's also true more people thinks Earl Thomas is the best FS in the NFL than they do Weddle or McCourty. So is it wrong for Seattle fans to think he is the best FS in the NFL now? Thomas has been the highest ranked FS in the NFL Top 100 the past two seasons (not that it really matters) but even if the top 100 is rated by players it's also safe to say more media and fans think Earl Thomas is better than Weddle and McCourty than the other way around...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
If he keeps it up he will be in contention. But a guy who has only been playing 5 seasons can't be considered for greatest of all time. It's like the ones who are already electing Andrew "I threw another INT" Luck to the HOF. If you really watch Luck you see two QB's, an excellent one against poor competition and a very average one against good competition. We need to wait till any of these players retire before we talk GOAT.

Plus we have never seen him play without one of the greatest secondaries of all time. What we he do in a situation like Weddle, who has never had a Sherman or Chancellor? Would he still be just as good. It's a lot easier to say a guy is better when he is surrounded by better talent.
Dude I never typed he is the GOAT. Did you read what I typed cleary bro? All I was saying was...he has potential to be in the conversation as one of the best if he keeps this up. If you disagree with it then it's fine by me...In my opinion if a player has 4 All Pro's in 5 seasons you're telling me he doesn't have a chance if he keeps it up..?

# 34 Birdman18 @ 08/03/15 02:10 AM
I have no horse in this race.. But Pro Football Focus does have Weddle ranked over both McCourty and Thomas on their top 101 for 2015.. I don't know how the three graded out for their 2014 seasons, but going into this season PFF has Weddle over both.. Food for thought. Carry on

www.techraptor.net

# 35 SeaTownGamer @ 08/03/15 09:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdman18
I have no horse in this race.. But Pro Football Focus does have Weddle ranked over both McCourty and Thomas on their top 101 for 2015.. I don't know how the three graded out for their 2014 seasons, but going into this season PFF has Weddle over both.. Food for thought. Carry on

www.techraptor.net
Yeah and they also had Vontae Davis over Richard Sherman and Darrell Revis. Oh and they had 8 WR's ranked higher than Calvin Johnson. Does anyone believe there are eight WR's better than Calvin Johnson..?

# 36 Sheba2011 @ 08/03/15 11:27 AM
Quote:
True, everyone has their opinion but it's also true more people thinks Earl Thomas is the best FS in the NFL than they do Weddle or McCourty. So is it wrong for Seattle fans to think he is the best FS in the NFL now? Thomas has been the highest ranked FS in the NFL Top 100 the past two seasons (not that it really matters) but even if the top 100 is rated by players it's also safe to say more media and fans think Earl Thomas is better than Weddle and McCourty than the other way around...
So because NFL 100 has him as the top, that means every fan must think the same? Is that the logic you are using? Why is that the only ranking list that matters? Bleacher Report Top 1000 has Weddle as the best safety. Does that list not carry as much weight with fans as the NFL 100? It's a silly argument to have really because there is no way to figure out what "more people" think is the better safety. Like my original point more media and fans in Seattle think Thomas is better. At the end of the day there is very little that separates Weddle, McCourty, Thomas, Gibson and Quinn they are all excellent safties.

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.