Home
Madden NFL 16 News Post

Game: Madden NFL 16Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 24 - View All
Madden NFL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Jrocc23 @ 08/04/15 05:20 PM
The hand fighting looks so amazing. Just little things like that make the game so much better.

# 22 SolidSquid @ 08/05/15 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrocc23
The hand fighting looks so amazing. Just little things like that make the game so much better.
Agreed looks a lot more like real football when they add real football elements to the game.

# 23 Moegames @ 08/06/15 01:00 PM
Below are two examples of where the developers of Madden really REALLY need to put some effort where the small things matter most...If you guys have not noticed (joking) because i know you have...the subtle aspects of madden's atmosphere and flow needs a lot of love in all the right places...Notice how in both videos below how the walking animations are far far too robotic and stiff....there is no "free flowing" motion here at all.

Look guys...stuff like this could easily be fixed with some "generic" animations..does not even need to be mocap...just render some more realistic animations and bam...this tiny thing that makes a HUGE impact can be a thing of the past finally. You know...i've said it a zillion times in here as a big buff head on presentation, atmosphere,etc...I sometimes wonder why these things are never caught or noticed by the developers...I mean this small stuff really do stick out like a sore thumb.

Anyways..enough ranting on my part...just play both videos below..I already have the videos below set to play at the portions im referring too.

Look at how the WR (Calvin Johnson) walks up to the scrimmage line before the play is about to start, his swift but short jogging animation is horrendous...it sticks out so bad guys..really it does.https://youtu.be/-1XTaF7xV34?t=29s

Now check out below where the QB (Tom Brady) walks up behind the center to hike the ball..do you see that ugly duckling of animation? These things have hindered and hindered and hindered madden for eons...yes PS2 year was excusable (no not really) but now, by now, this should of been a thing of the past guys...these tiny things stick out like sore thumb. It kills the flow of this game..these small things can really dampen the game's overall flow and feel.https://youtu.be/-1XTaF7xV34?t=12s

Don't get me wrong...I am excited at some of the improvements made this year...lots of positive strides but what is totally baffling to me and been this way with Madden for eons and eons..like as far back as PS2 era Madden games...this same exact walking motions with players feel tremendously dated in terms of simple walking animations. While some before and after play walking animations look better...others still reek of PS2/Original xbox/Gamecube era animations. I would NOT be surprised if these animations below have actually been used since PS2 area Madden game to current generation Madden...it sticks out that bad, for real.

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.