Home
Madden NFL 16 News Post

EA Sports has released Madden NFL 16 team ratings for the AFC East today, along with a few more player ratings.

New England Patriots (91 OVR)

Offense
  • Rob Gronkowski (99 OVR)
  • QB Tom Brady (97 OVR)
  • LeGarrette Blount (80 OVR)
  • Jonas Gray (72 OVR)
  • Julian Edelman (89 OVR)
  • Brandon LaFell (83 OVR)
  • Danny Amendola (79 OVR)
Defense
  • Devin McCourty (94 OVR)
  • Dont’a Hightower (93 OVR)
  • Jabaal Sheard (84 OVR)
  • Malcom Butler (76 OVR)
Miami Dolphins (81 OVR)

Offense
  • DeVante Parker (76 OVR)
  • Greg Jennings (81 OVR)
  • Ryan Tannehill (85 OVR)
  • Jordan Cameron (84 OVR)
  • Lamar Miller (84 OVR)
Defense
  • Ndamukong Suh (96 OVR)
  • Cameron Wake (94 OVR)
  • Brent Grimes (87 OVR)
  • Brice McCain (76 OVR)
  • Zack Bowman (74 OVR)
  • Will Davis (72 OVR)
Buffalo Bills (79 OVR)

Offense
  • Matt Cassell (75 OVR)
  • E. J. Manuel (73 OVR)
  • Tyrod Taylor (72 OVR)
  • LeSean McCoy (88 OVR)
  • Charles Clay (86 OVR)
Defense
  • Marcell Dareus (94 OVR)
  • Kyle Williams (93 OVR)
  • Stephon Gilmore (86 OVR)
  • Corey Graham (84 OVR)
  • Leodis McKelvin (80 OVR)
  • Ronald Darby (70 OVR)
New York Jets (76 OVR)

Offense
  • Ryan Fitzpatrick (78 OVR)
  • Geno Smith (76 OVR)
  • Brandon Marshall (89 OVR)
  • Eric Decker (86 OVR)
  • Jeremy Kerley (76 OVR)
  • Chris Ivory (80 OVR)
Defense
  • Muhammad Wilkerson (96 OVR)
  • Sheldon Richardson (91 OVR)
  • Damon Harrison (88 OVR)
  • Leonard Williams (80 OVR)
  • Darrelle Revis (97 OVR)
  • Antonio Cromartie (86 OVR)
Previously released Madden NFL 16 player ratings:

Game: Madden NFL 16Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 24 - View All
Madden NFL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 jtswag187 @ 08/03/15 08:11 PM
Grimes and Cro need to be higher rated, seems they lowballed a lot of elite corners this year.

# 22 jmurphy31 @ 08/03/15 10:18 PM
Edelman is better than Welker ever was and Welker was over a 90 at some point in madden. I know Welker had crazy stats but he also had huge drops and lots of regular drops. Edelman is a solid route runner and is pretty shifty. Also has Solid hands.

# 23 Sheba2011 @ 08/04/15 05:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neume1mb
Julian Edelman isn't even on the same planet as Brandon Marshall
Your right he is better in just about every aspect and he isn't a complete headcase in real life.

# 24 jkra0512 @ 08/04/15 08:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
Your right he is better in just about every aspect and he isn't a complete headcase in real life.
The dude suffers from Bi-Polar Disorder and you call him a headcase. Not a good look...

# 25 BFem09 @ 08/04/15 11:25 AM
Quote:
name the things that Julian Edelman is better at than Brandon Marshall

I will give you route running. what else?

# 26 Marino @ 08/04/15 11:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbrancato157
Scrappy, high motor player with deceptive speed, High IQ and plays the game the right way. Real gym rat
Mel Kiper is that you?

# 27 Number999 @ 08/04/15 11:51 AM
Quote:
Your homerism is showing.

If Edelman is on a team that finishes below .500, he doesn't hit 80 OVR even if he has the exact same season he just add. I get it, the Patriots won the Superbowl but let's not inflate how average players are suddenly great.

# 28 jmallymav @ 08/04/15 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbrancato157
Edelman rated higher than Shady LOL
I thoughy same thing!!

# 29 jmallymav @ 08/04/15 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
Julian Edelman is a 89? Riight
I thought the same thing!!

# 30 4thQtrStre5S @ 08/04/15 11:59 AM
Maybe I am delusional, but seems, considering all ratings released so far, that player ratings are, in general, lower than in previous Madden iterations?

# 31 msdm27 @ 08/04/15 12:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
Maybe I am delusional, but seems, considering all ratings released so far, that player ratings are, in general, lower than in previous Madden iterations?
Thought the same thing, actually.... Was surprised particularly by the "low" ratings of Sheldon Richardson, Damon Harrison, and to an extent Blount too.

Looking forward to see the next reveal to see if this is a trend.

This is probably Madden's best attempt to create a bigger gap between stars and average players, without compromising their "splash" 90+ ratings for stars.

By Madden standards....I only think Tannehill, Lamar Miller and Stephon Gilmore were too high in this list. But mostly by a point or two. Maybe Cromartie as well.

# 32 Sheba2011 @ 08/06/15 06:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number999
Your homerism is showing.

If Edelman is on a team that finishes below .500, he doesn't hit 80 OVR even if he has the exact same season he just add. I get it, the Patriots won the Superbowl but let's not inflate how average players are suddenly great.
Your homerism for the Dolphins is showing. We have no clue what he would on a team that is below .500 and to introduce something like that is playing hypotheticals. It would be like me saying if Ryan Tannehill had Calvin Jonson he would an All Pro. Until it happens we can never prove it.

Edelman has had back to back seasons of 90+ receptions and 900+ yards. There is only two other WR's over that 2 year period to do that: Antonio Brown and Demaryius Thomas. Are those guys "average" players as well?

# 33 Sheba2011 @ 08/06/15 06:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkra0512
The dude suffers from Bi-Polar Disorder and you call him a headcase. Not a good look...
Millions of people in America suffer from that same disorder and don't have near the rap sheet this guy has.

# 34 Number999 @ 08/06/15 10:25 AM
Quote:
Your homerism for the Dolphins is showing. We have no clue what he would on a team that is below .500 and to introduce something like that is playing hypotheticals. It would be like me saying if Ryan Tannehill had Calvin Jonson he would an All Pro. Until it happens we can never prove it.

Edelman has had back to back seasons of 90+ receptions and 900+ yards. There is only two other WR's over that 2 year period to do that: Antonio Brown and Demaryius Thomas. Are those guys "average" players as well?
I told myself I wasn't gonna bothering typing but I couldn't help myself.

SOMEONE has to get those yards. For the Patriots, Julian Edelman just happened to fall himself into that role. Just like in the past it was with Deion Branch who shocker, once he left New England was kind of a below average NFL player despite winning Superbowl MVP that one time.

Just take a look at your 2013 Receiving Core.

Julian Edelamn, Danny Amendola (12 games), Rob Gronkowski (7 games), Aaron Dobson (12 games), Kenbrell Thompkins (12 games)

He's the only freaking dude who played all 16 games! That's not a coincidence that by the end of the year he was kind of forced to catch the ball the majority of the time because Brady had no one better to go to. It'd be like me saying that Kevin Martin of the Timberwolves or Isaiah Thomas of the Celtics putting up 20 points per game is like what guys such as Paul George or James Harden do. They're empty stats... if you put the majority of other WRs who are of similar skill level of Edelman some will do a little worse and some will do a little better.

Once again, this is a pointless argument since neither one of us will change each other's minds but please don't point to overall stats in the future when Brady had literally no one else to go to besides him.

# 35 Sheba2011 @ 08/06/15 05:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number999
I told myself I wasn't gonna bothering typing but I couldn't help myself.

SOMEONE has to get those yards. For the Patriots, Julian Edelman just happened to fall himself into that role. Just like in the past it was with Deion Branch who shocker, once he left New England was kind of a below average NFL player despite winning Superbowl MVP that one time.

Just take a look at your 2013 Receiving Core.

Julian Edelamn, Danny Amendola (12 games), Rob Gronkowski (7 games), Aaron Dobson (12 games), Kenbrell Thompkins (12 games)

He's the only freaking dude who played all 16 games! That's not a coincidence that by the end of the year he was kind of forced to catch the ball the majority of the time because Brady had no one better to go to. It'd be like me saying that Kevin Martin of the Timberwolves or Isaiah Thomas of the Celtics putting up 20 points per game is like what guys such as Paul George or James Harden do. They're empty stats... if you put the majority of other WRs who are of similar skill level of Edelman some will do a little worse and some will do a little better.

Once again, this is a pointless argument since neither one of us will change each other's minds but please don't point to overall stats in the future when Brady had literally no one else to go to besides him.
Now look at 2014:

Edelman - 14 games
Gronk - 15 games
Lafell - 16 games
Amendolla - 16 games
Vereen - 16 games
Wright - 16 games
Tymms - 11 games
Hooman - 16 games

Edelman led the team in receptions with 92, Gronk was next closest with 82. This despite Edelman missing two games. There goes that theory of yours. Your a Dolphins homer, I am a Pats homer. But watch the tape of Edelman shredding the best defense in the league in the SB. No one could cover him. If he was on your team you would be saying he is underrated.

# 36 kenchun24 @ 08/09/15 01:48 AM
Pats should be rated lower...they lost FAR too many defensive studs in the secondary...rest of the AFC East got jobbed...all improved vastly IMO. Far more than the Cheatriots.

# 37 kenchun24 @ 08/09/15 01:54 AM
Quote:
Now look at 2014:

Edelman - 14 games
Gronk - 15 games
Lafell - 16 games
Amendolla - 16 games
Vereen - 16 games
Wright - 16 games
Tymms - 11 games
Hooman - 16 games

Edelman led the team in receptions with 92, Gronk was next closest with 82. This despite Edelman missing two games. There goes that theory of yours. Your a Dolphins homer, I am a Pats homer. But watch the tape of Edelman shredding the best defense in the league in the SB. No one could cover him. If he was on your team you would be saying he is underrated.
Meh... the LOB was broken and at half mast all through the playoffs. Guys even spotted Shady Brady a Tharold Simon one and done after the INT and Seattle was still just one Beastmode hand off from back to back SB's. Pats 6-10 this year...AFC East improved and the schedule gets tough with no Revis, Browner. No one can cover 1 second screen passes and 1 slants by the way, they just had nobody healthy to tackle the Patriots by the 4th. And were still one dumb play call away from sending the Cheatriots home to deflatorsville.

# 38 Sheba2011 @ 08/09/15 09:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenchun24
Pats should be rated lower...they lost FAR too many defensive studs in the secondary...rest of the AFC East got jobbed...all improved vastly IMO. Far more than the Cheatriots.
A Raiders fan accusing an organization of cheating, the irony in that is hilarious.

As for the World Champion Patriots, they lost one defensive stud in the secondary, Revis. He will never be replaced, everyone else they lose can be replaced. But they kept McCourty and are about to unleash Malcolm Butler on the world. They also have one of the best front 7's in all of fotball, and the best LB corps with Mayo, Hightower and Collins.

# 39 Sheba2011 @ 08/09/15 09:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenchun24
Meh... the LOB was broken and at half mast all through the playoffs. Guys even spotted Shady Brady a Tharold Simon one and done after the INT and Seattle was still just one Beastmode hand off from back to back SB's. Pats 6-10 this year...AFC East improved and the schedule gets tough with no Revis, Browner. No one can cover 1 second screen passes and 1 slants by the way, they just had nobody healthy to tackle the Patriots by the 4th. And were still one dumb play call away from sending the Cheatriots home to deflatorsville.

All I read there was excuses and what if's. None of that changes the fact the Patriots are World Champions and the Raiders haven't won a title since 1983. Patriots 13-3 this season, 5th SB Ring. Raiders 4-12, 32nd year without a SB.

# 40 Find_the_Door @ 08/09/15 05:32 PM
As an unbiased Dallas fan - Edelman is severely underrated.

Also the Raiders are irrelevant, but have lots of potential with Carr, Murray, JJ/Crabtree.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.