Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

2K has just released the first in-game screenshots for NBA 2K16 showcasing the cover athletes Steph Curry, James Harden, and Anthony Davis.

To see the images in 4K, just click on them.

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 281 IGhostUlt @ 08/07/15 01:01 PM
Good post king b mack. You are right that the reflections are not as visible in all of the stadiums. Most of it is because in the dark stadiums like staples and madison, the led lights are not as bright as they are in a stadium like the united center. Some of those videos you posted, the lights increase at certain times. The reflections are not visible or invisible for the whole game, it comes and goes. 2k usually has it on during the whole game(2k14) or not(2k15). They need to find a balance.

Edit: Also the players reflect on the court as well, you are just a little thrown off by the extreme intensity of the led lights.

# 282 23 @ 08/07/15 01:51 PM
Just depends on the camera angle you see because it does seem that way in certain shots.

In 2k14 pc they joke and call the over shiny the "ice hockey" effect. Some like it and some don't but it certainly needs to be toned from both extremes

What you cannot do on tv is have lights blaring all inside the camera to have reflections mess up your tv

I do think the modders for 2k on PC have found a great mix but one thing is for sure, the arena and the crowd should not look like theyre in a morgue

The crowd is visible, not all dark like theyre trying to hide or inside of a club at night

That said, I dont want anything to be drab in this game ever again. It doesn't look good

# 283 Sundown @ 08/07/15 03:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Just depends on the camera angle you see because it does seem that way in certain shots.
This is what's called the fresnel effect. Light bouncing off surfaces at near parallel angles towards the viewer looks brighter than if it bounced perpendicularly before hitting the viewer. So broadcast views would (and do) have less pronounced reflections than baseline/court level views.

I also wonder if they use polarizing filters for broadcasts angles to tone down the reflections. I know they use them for backboard camera shots to reduce glare from the glass.

# 284 23 @ 08/07/15 09:29 PM
Didnt realize the back of 2k15 had these coverboys

# 285 redsox4evur @ 08/07/15 09:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23

Illuminati!!!

# 286 jb12780 @ 08/07/15 09:33 PM
#MillionsOfDollars

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

# 287 Sundown @ 08/07/15 09:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23

Yeah, they were also the crew doing 2KU and promoting the game last season, along with Paul George who didn't make the cover for obvious reasons.

# 288 IGhostUlt @ 08/08/15 02:48 PM
This video shows that the reflection is visible on almost every court.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxTN8rnlKOQ

# 289 Sundown @ 08/08/15 02:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IGhostUlt
This video shows that the reflection is visible on almost every court.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxTN8rnlKOQ
Most of the shots in that video are at a shallow angle. That's when reflections show up more due to the Fresnel effect.

At broadcast angles, the reflections are less pronounced (depending on how high the camera is). You can see the reflections are much more subdued in the MSG broadcast at 6:29, similar to how things look in 2K15.

https://youtu.be/TxTN8rnlKOQ?t=6m29s

Brooklyn's is pretty bright though, due to their dark wood and lower angle. Same is true to an extent of Boston and Charlotte. Denver's wood and lighting are so bright that there are hardly any reflections visible. LAC, GSW, and most other arenas lie something between the two.

So something between 2K14 and 15 would be pretty accurate for most arenas. Would be even better if the material fresnel channel was properly adjusted for each floor.

# 290 IGhostUlt @ 08/08/15 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
Most of the shots in that video are at a shallow angle. That's when reflections show up more due to the Fresnel effect.

At broadcast angles, the reflections are less pronounced (depending on how high the camera is). You can see the reflections are much more subdued in the MSG broadcast at 6:29, similar to how things look in 2K15.

https://youtu.be/TxTN8rnlKOQ?t=6m29s

Brooklyn's is pretty bright though, due to their dark wood and lower angle. Same is true to an extent of Boston and Charlotte. Denver's wood and lighting are so bright that there are hardly any reflections visible. LAC, GSW, and most other arenas lie something between the two.

So something between 2K14 and 15 would be pretty accurate for most arenas. Would be even better if the material fresnel channel was properly adjusted for each floor.
I agree with most of what you are saying and I agree that it depends on the angle and height of the camera, but if you look at the Celtics stadium at 1:28, it was at a high angle, and the reflections were very visible. But I do completely agree with 2k using a blend of 2k14 and 2k15.

# 291 Sundown @ 08/08/15 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IGhostUlt
I agree with most of what you are saying and I agree that it depends on the angle and height of the camera, but if you look at the Celtics stadium at 1:28, it was at a high angle, and the reflections were very visible. But I do completely agree with 2k using a blend of 2k14 and 2k15.
Like I mentioned, the Celtics have a unique darker floor so the reflections show similarly to Brooklyn's. TD Gardens also seems to have a rougher floor finish. If 2K has floor specific gloss/roughness and specular/fresnel channels for unique floors like Boston and maybe Brooklyn, that would be very, very nice.

# 292 redsox4evur @ 08/08/15 04:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
Like I mentioned, the Celtics have a unique darker floor so the reflections show similarly to Brooklyn's. TD Gardens also seems to have a rougher floor finish. If 2K has floor specific gloss/roughness and specular/fresnel channels for unique floors like Boston and maybe Brooklyn, that would be very, very nice.
Yep they are playing on parquet flooring. I think it may be the same from the Original Garden.

# 293 WTF @ 08/08/15 04:41 PM
I hope to heck that they fix Brooklyns floor this year. Please, unlike chipped teeth or hair at the broadcast level, the floor is hard to look past lol.

# 294 23 @ 08/08/15 05:39 PM
Lolol.....

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.