Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

2K has just released the first in-game screenshots for NBA 2K16 showcasing the cover athletes Steph Curry, James Harden, and Anthony Davis.

To see the images in 4K, just click on them.

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 The 24th Letter @ 08/05/15 07:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeGSW
Does your head change shape annually? Mines doesn't. I would fully expect his head to be the same shape.

I hope not.

Lol. that's what I mean though, I just think it's a weird angle....

# 82 blues rocker @ 08/05/15 07:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by McNulty
It needs to be said: the lack of NBA 2k14's superior lighting engine has never been more evident than these screenshots. Scan quality has progressed in two years, sure- but the overall fidelity has taken an step back.
i agree that 2k's lighting is flat, but i'm pretty sure that's because 2k's engine puts a lot more power behind the animations, so there isn't enough space left over for lighting - hence they have to dumb down the lighting effects to make sure the animations have enough resources to work properly...and i'm fine with that - gameplay/movement should always come before pretty lighting.

so i don't think it's that 2k CAN'T do better lighting - it's more a choice on their part to put more power behind the animations, physics, and gameplay-related areas. yes, EA's lighting and skin surface textures are better than 2k's, but EA's game doesn't play as well - i think we can see where EA's priorities are (make it look pretty first, then use the leftover resources for gameplay)...which do you prefer? an amazing-looking game that plays like garbage...or a decent-looking game that plays great? i'll take the latter any day of the week.

# 83 Goffs @ 08/05/15 07:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cthurt
The face scans look good, kind of confused why the full body isn't being shown after promoting body scans but my issues are that outside of the things that are scanned like face body and shoes, everything else is a downgrade compared to what 2k did in 2k14, lighting, courts, and jerseys, all downgraded and it's only looking worse with the faces and bodies getting yearly upgrades, I only hope it's not too late to at least touch up on the lighting before release.
Agreed! I really wanted a full body shot of AD! I understand why the close ups though.....its geared towards the masses rather than us forum heads....

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

# 84 lakers24 @ 08/05/15 08:19 AM
Just a few more observations:

-That warm tint may only be noticeable in from certain angles in screenshots since the Curry shot doesn't seem to be as pronounced as the latter 2.
-Yes that is the same Harden from 2k15
-Yes the jerseys have regressed in areas, but they have also progressed more tbh. Number one is the fit (which people have been complaining about for years), it actually rests on their torso now. Number two is the color and accuracy of the uniforms.
-The overall graphics are improving each year going for a more realistic approach while dropping the "videogame shine"(just like in the past). The problem is they are missing the sweet spot they need to hit with the lighting to combat the lack of "shine." If the arenas were at the least as lit up as the last couple of old gen versions it'd look a lot better.

# 85 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 08/05/15 08:25 AM
How does these screens look bad lol

# 86 The 24th Letter @ 08/05/15 08:49 AM
I think your last point is a fair assessment lakers.

I personally don't feel like NBA 2k14 was that sweet spot though, at times it almost felt like a slight haze was over screen, like you messed with the contrast on your TV. I always liked the way NBA 2k8 'popped', but still had a realistic feel to it. I did this without washing out colors too. Hated those blush faces though

# 87 Cripterion @ 08/05/15 09:08 AM
Anthony looks really weird.

And these are 4K screens? Not really woved but maybe they already peaked at 2K14. Glad the body scans are here, do we know how many people got that treatment?

# 88 kd35okc @ 08/05/15 09:10 AM
i would like to see a full body screenshot of them

# 89 DonWuan @ 08/05/15 09:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by woshihuxingtan
NBA 2K14 has the best lighting system, just don't get it why 2K abandon it!
They do this with every new console release.

Never understood why

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

# 90 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 08/05/15 09:12 AM
2k14 had the players so smooth and shiny they look like super heroes lol . They actually have detail and imperfections now

# 91 Gilley @ 08/05/15 09:14 AM
Yeah, with the lighting they need to find a balance between what they have now and what they had in 2K14.

# 92 The 24th Letter @ 08/05/15 09:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
2k14 had the players so smooth and shiny they look like super heroes lol . They actually have detail and imperfections now

Like Derozans acne....that's where I think 2k's scans stand out

# 93 Daddy123 @ 08/05/15 09:32 AM

If anyone is interested, made comparisons to 2k15 with similar angles

Starts at 0:47

# 94 cthurt @ 08/05/15 09:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddy123

If anyone is interested, made comparisons to 2k15 with similar angles

Starts at 0:47

This video really shows off the new reddish blushing affect the players have on there skin for 2k16, hopefully it can be touched up to show players true skin color.

# 95 eko718 @ 08/05/15 09:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakers24
God 2k has to do something about their afros textures as they have looked terribad. It looks like they just took the create a player hair and put it on Steph lol. The body scans is definitely noticeable in the Harden and AD pics though, the updated scans look really good. I'd love to see some of the rooks next.
Second this. Don't like that fro texture too much on Steph. Looks more like twists than a fro.

# 96 WTF @ 08/05/15 09:50 AM
I like Davis' scan quite a bit more this year. Skin textures look much better. Something about Currys eyes near his nose bother me, but he's scanned so it's probably correct. All we can do is nitpick at this point

# 97 eko718 @ 08/05/15 09:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
It's the one complaint that I have with these screens honestly. The fro that they're using for Steph would be better suited for someone like Derrick Rose. If you look at the hair there's sort of a spikiness (not sure that's the word I want to use) to his do as opposed to the more trimmed look he actually has. It's kinda hard to explain, but you know it when you see it.
Steph's hair should be curly; Here it looks like twists. Some guys wear their hair this way/have this hair texture, Steph doesn't. If Steph had AD's hair texture, it would look better.

# 98 ojandpizza @ 08/05/15 10:04 AM
Hair is a little odd looking, mainly Curry's.. I wish 2k would get rid of the double chin looking stuff. Slightly noticeable on AD but I've never seen a created player not look like he has loose skin under his chin.

These shots look incredible though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 99 juicey79 @ 08/05/15 10:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty Tray
He was right 2k hair dosent look real it looks spikey
It knotted, but it's layers of knots which makes it look goffy....nonetheless, not a deal breaker.

# 100 NastyGT @ 08/05/15 10:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
Agreed! I really wanted a full body shot of AD! I understand why the close ups though.....its geared towards the masses rather than us forum heads....

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.