Home
FIFA 16 News Post

FIFA 16 is getting some new toys in Career mode, including two highly requested features: Pre-Season Tournaments as well as Player Training.

Pre-Season Tournaments

You'll no longer simply skip through the summer months, now you'll have the opportunity to play in three out of a possible nine tournaments played in Asia, Europe, Latin America, or North America. Just as with real clubs, these matches will allow you to work on tactics and line-ups.

As an added bonus, each tournament has a prize purse you can win and add to your transfer budget. If you are a small squad, you can imagine how this can help.

Player Training

You'll now be able to train your squad via mini-games to increase player attributes and boost player development. You'll be able to train up to five squad players each week.

Story of the Season

The story elements to your season will be highlighted this year -- including notable player or team performances, big player debuts, as well as transfer rumors. These will be presented in-game with commentary and graphical overlays.

A Few Other Big Additions
  • You can now sign free agents outside of the transfer window.
  • Scouting reports are now available for an entire year.
  • Transfer budgets are more realistic, and any overages transfer to your next year.
  • Short loans are now six months instead of three, and there's also an option for two-year loans.
  • Unlimited subs during friendlies.
  • More realistic number of 'high-profile' moves in the transfer window.
  • Improved transfer market player values.

See more screenshots from FIFA 16's Career Mode.

Game: FIFA 16Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 2 - View All
FIFA 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 mfp @ 08/25/15 09:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightmareBooster
The previous post just made me think it would be pretty cool if they would apply to the chemistry mechanics from UT to CM. Your team's chemistry would rise and fall based on formation, lineup, playing time together, wins/losses, etc. That way I you do get the homesick thing maybe bringing in a player that would strengthen the chemistry connection with that homesick player would put him at ease.
For years I've been saying some type of chemistry system is what MM/CM needs most, but it would need to be something quite different from FUT's system.

The reality of football is that you can't simply throw 11 random players onto the pitch and expect the team to play optimally - it takes time, practice, adjustments, management, etc to get the best out of a squad - but none of this is reflected in CM.

It's a bit of a sad joke that FUT recognizes this by at least having a rudimentary chemistry system whereas CM is entirely lacking in this area.

# 82 romosgotthis @ 08/29/15 06:52 AM
Getting worried that there has been no word on Youth Academy being fixed yet...Or was there and I just missed it? You would think less than a month out we could get some confirmation...A simple tweet or something from EA. Has no interviewer asked them about this? The silence is concerning. I absolutely cannot do another year of FIFA with YA prospects being broken..I don't know how anybody can...

# 83 grizzlies317 @ 08/29/15 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by romosgotthis
Getting worried that there has been no word on Youth Academy being fixed yet...Or was there and I just missed it? You would think less than a month out we could get some confirmation...A simple tweet or something from EA. Has no interviewer asked them about this? The silence is concerning. I absolutely cannot do another year of FIFA with YA prospects being broken..I don't know how anybody can...
I'd have to guess that the silence means no changes to YA. I'm sure EA is banking on their player training system being enough to please all of us who want changes to YA. However, as there is no way to train players for physical attributes, I'm a little nervous. Like many others, I was hoping for an overhaul to the academy feature as well. We should be able to edit those players; at the very least we should be able to edit their positions and secondary positions.

EDIT:

I posted in the beta impressions thread, but I suppose it would fit here as well. Does anyone know of changes to the create/edit player options? It seems ludicrous to me that we can't edit generic faces, edit secondary positions, edit traits, or potential ratings. There's clearly potential ratings for each player in game, but it's madness that we can't create a player and set his potential. Also, it's 2015 and as far as I know, we can't even select CM or LW/RW as positions when editing/creating players. We can use CAM/CDM and LM/RM, but it's not the same. For all its flaws, at least the short lived Creation Centre gave us actual editing options. Look at NBA 2K games or MLB The Show and the amount of customization available. Or to be more relevant, look at PES. You can change faces, running motions, kicking motions, attributes, CPU play styles, traits, etc. The FIFA options are absolutely archaic. I like to be able to create real life u21/u18 players for my career modes, but the lack of editing options makes it pointless. Not to mention, without being able to edit potential ratings, even a 65 ovr created player will be a monster within a couple seasons.

One more thing. Each summer, I will update squads with all transfers. Major ones, minor ones, for every team in the game, as well as move players that are released by their clubs to the free agents (though I'll only release players for top clubs and the EPL). There's a couple annoyances that comes with this, but the main one is that I can't loan a player to another team.

Every single year, the first thing I do upon loading the game for the first time is check to see if they've added ANYTHING to create/edit players. And each year, I end up sobbing for half an hour before I can even manage to play my first match.

# 84 Zac @ 08/30/15 03:26 PM
Another thing I noticed last night (well I've known it for some time, but it really pissed me off last night), is that the AI logics really, really need to be updated and re done to be smarter.

For example, I was managing Chelsea and I didn't meet my goals, so I was fired. Which is fine, that is not the part I'm complaining about. They wanted me to win league, cup and Europe. I didn't win any of it. So they fired me. Understandable for a high profile club. So I then take the job at Lyon. This was before the actual end of season day switch in the game. And guess what. I got fired from that job at that time. Because I didn't complete the goals of that season even though I just took the ****ing job and didn't play a single game with the team.

I'm sure this has happened to others also. If you take a job with another team before the game actually does the end of season calculations on June 30th, you will be judged on that years history of the team, even though you were not apart of the team. So in this case, I was judged on the winning the league and cup objectives. Even though I'd only been there 10 days or something, and the team finished mid table and lost in the first round of the cup that year. So they fired me too. Yay. How dumb is that. That needs to be corrected. It should not judge you on anything for end of year if you have only been with the club for less than X days. And X should be like 120.

So, this brings me to my next logic that really needs fixed. After this I was kinda pissed, and since I was fired by two teams in such short order, my open offers were pretty crap teams that I didn't feel like playing with. Since I'm not being too serious with them, and just passing time until 16 comes out I loaded an old save before I got fired and decided to check for open jobs. And there were two. Everton and Monaco. I inquired about Everton, since the scenario intrigued me. They had 3 games left and the object was to qualify for Europe. Which meant finishing in 5th, and they were in 6th, 2 points back on the team in 5th. And they gave me the job. So I take it.

Now, that took a few days and they played a game before I get there, so two games left and two points back. I win the first game, and the team above lost to Chelsea, ya. I'm now in the spot I need to be by one point. Then in the last game it was really cool and intense because I was playing Spurs and in a battle of a draw. And the team behind (Swansea) was playing Liverpool, and also in battle. I kept getting updates every so often, and the announcers were talking about all the drama, how I needed the win to get Europe. And then late game they were talking about how if I held the draw I would qualify because the Swansea game just finished in a draw also. It was pretty cool, and a little intense.

Anyways, I qualified. Probably could have left all that out and just said I qualified. Great. I get some prize money and end the season with $18.7M in funds and $173k in wage budget. Also my roster is complete ****.

So next season starts, and guess what. My budget is $16m and $90k wages. What in the actual frack. I have a shambling roster. I just qualified for Champions League, and you want me to qualify again next year, get to the semis of the league cup, and of the Champions League. And you give me this pittance of a budget? Seriously, that crap needs fixed.

If the AI gives you goals like that, the budget to build your roster has to match. Otherwise its impossible and you just end up getting fired again. I didn't even bother continuing on, because looking at the roster I had, and the budget I was given, I knew there was no way. Half the roster was over 30 and declining in stats/performance. And the rest was under 65 ratings. I couldn't sell enough to make any money to add to what I had. And with what I had I couldn't get more than maybe two decent players in. Now this may be realistic to how Everton is ran, I don't know the club that well, so maybe the logic isn't broken. But man, that sure felt like it.

TL ; DR
1. Fire logic is busted.
2. Budget logic is busted.

Hopefully they get fixed.

# 85 Zac @ 08/31/15 12:18 AM
And I really hope they finally fixed the extra 5 minutes at the end of every half bug.

# 86 KG @ 08/31/15 01:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZO
And I really hope they finally fixed the extra 5 minutes at the end of every half bug.
On some of the early videos from YT I've seen varying amounts of stoppage time.

# 87 redsox4evur @ 08/31/15 01:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZO
I don't know if that's a bug or not, TBH. I have a valid reason as to why it does happen and not a bug. Even you skip a cutscene like for a throw, free kick, sub, injury, replay of any kind, etc. It takes the time off the clock like you had watched it. So I think that's why it happens.

# 88 JayD @ 12/23/15 04:52 PM
I remember when EA lied about an improved transfer system........

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.