Home
NHL 16 News Post

In case you are wanting to see the gameplay in EASHL raw and uncut, here's a full period of gameplay from a recent game we captured from the NHL 16 EASHL Beta.

If you can't see the video above, click here to watch it.

As you watch the raw clip, let us know what you see and what you think stands out as good and not as good!

Game: NHL 16Reader Score: Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 0 - View All
NHL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 peter21 @ 08/05/15 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMChrisS
In case you are wanting to see the gameplay in EASHL raw and uncut, here's a full period of gameplay from a recent game we captured from the NHL 16 EASHL Beta.

If you can't see the video above, click here to watch it.

As you watch the raw clip, let us know what you see and what you think stands out as good and not as good!
This is actually pretty encouraging. I liked that there was a lot of imperfect gameplay happening - missed passes, reaching for pucks, pucks hopping over sticks. It also looked like two teams trying to play hockey a proper way, which helps.

The checking might need to be adjusted slightly, I'm not a fan of everyone being capable of trucking players on the ice, but there were 1 or 2 times I saw a winger come down the boards and got sized up pretty well by the dman, only to shrug off the hit and keep possession of the puck.

I'm guessing that late goal was waived off because of a player in the crease?

But overall, this is the best evidence i've seen yet to take the plunge on '16. Thanks for posting.

# 2 jyoung @ 08/05/15 03:04 PM
Those colored position indicators take up so much of the screen in 6 vs. 6 games that it's hard to see what's going on a lot of the time. I'm surprised that design got past EA's private testing and made it into the public Beta; it just looks so distracting and confusing. I now play with the indicators off, and communicate with my teammates using jersey numbers instead of colors.

# 3 BearishRiggs @ 08/05/15 03:18 PM
Since I primarily play as a d-man, it's good to see passes being intercepted when they should.

As a whole, when the player classes were announced, I (and a lot of others) said the game was going to be less about player ratings and more positioning, hockey sense, and actual teamwork. I'm really happy to see that coming to fruition in the videos I've watched.

Agreed though, the new indicators are horrendous. I don't know what was wrong with the old diamond shapes.

# 4 peter21 @ 08/05/15 03:22 PM
Yeah, the colored icons need to be sized down. Can't tell because I'm at work, but are the player class icons in the bubbles? I guess that would be why they are as large as they are, but it's definitely getting in the way of gameplay.

# 5 ChaseB @ 08/05/15 03:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter21
Yeah, the colored icons need to be sized down. Can't tell because I'm at work, but are the player class icons in the bubbles? I guess that would be why they are as large as they are, but it's definitely getting in the way of gameplay.
No, it's just straight up icons. Using that much space, it would be helpful to have that info in there I would think though.

# 6 Pure Pone @ 08/05/15 05:45 PM
The colored icons do not really affect your view at all, unless you get sucked into staring at them.

After playing multiple games, on D the two way build suited me best but the point shots were difficult to really on net accurately, but passing was sound, and speed/skating were good. Solid at hitting too.

On forward, power forward is awesome and I play center or lw. Pwf is strong their feet, play solid all around except passing.

# 7 Vikes1 @ 08/05/15 06:08 PM
I do see some pretty positive things in the gameplay. Yep, a bit of sloppiness. Which is refreshing. Now myself, l'm much more of a vs the ai type of gamer, so hopefully some of this sloppiness is within GM play. Thanks for the vid...I'm more hopeful now! Which feels pretty good!

# 8 csamuelsvt @ 08/05/15 06:15 PM
Looks good!..can't wait to play the final game

That no goal call by Doc was very realistic and perhaps the best "goal/non goal" call I've heard so far from all the gameplay besides the one they have in the game when you score to either tie the game late or go ahead in the 3rd period

# 9 Nas160 @ 08/05/15 09:33 PM
I honestly would think the color indicators would probably work better as circles under the players. I mean, that's what they've done in the past, I don't know why that wouldn't work.

Or, they could just keep them where they are and make them less opaque.

# 10 seaside24 @ 08/05/15 11:03 PM
I'm hyped for this game

# 11 Trevelyan @ 08/06/15 04:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pure Pone
The colored icons do not really affect your view at all, unless you get sucked into staring at them.
Lets say you're playing on the overhead camera and you're in the slot with the puck, you can't see the goalie because the icon covers him. Thats a big problem for aiming shots.

# 12 HypoLuxa13 @ 08/06/15 10:12 AM
Looking good. As primarily an offline/single player mode user, I'm still skeptical of team mate AI issues, as those have been mentioned for NHL16 as well. But there are a lot of good things showing in this 6-on-6 footage here. Encouraging that even single player will see some improvements hopefully

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.