Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

YouTuber vade mofo has just uploaded some NBA 2K16 video footage from Gamescom. While it isn't playable, as mentioned in the livestream yesterday, there are videos playing at the show. Check it out and post your thoughts!

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 stillfeelme @ 08/05/15 09:29 PM
I know that Harden fastbreak was a created to highlight him but did anyone peep the reaction time by the CPU. The CPU actually hesitated a second on the turnover before chasing Harden down the court very realistic looking.

I hope that can actually happen for the right turnovers. In 2K for years the CPU reaction time on T.O.'s has been way too fast for years. That was like a 3 on 0 break.

The other thing I noticed is the actual footplanting step for step on Harden's dribbling on the T.O. looks to be improved there was minimal sliding on the animations for what they shown. He didn't have to gather his feet to accelerate weird or get in the right location to trigger the dunk it looked very fluid.

# 82 dom5552 @ 08/05/15 09:35 PM
Follow through a look much improved as far as I can see

# 83 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 08/05/15 09:41 PM
I was hoping there was a way to face scan via phone this year

# 84 WishListGOD 1 OF 2 @ 08/05/15 09:42 PM
Beginning of the video guy playing defense on harden looks promising. And it was in slow motion. Hopefully lol.

# 85 jyoung @ 08/05/15 09:49 PM
Quote:
So this is just speculation. If they have the 2000 blazers, they have sheed.....maybe another classic team is the 04 pistons??
The two Trailblazers that were shown in this footage were Scottie Pippen and Damon Stoudamire.

I believe this would be Stoudamire's first appearance in NBA 2K since he retired? I hope they also give us a 1995-1996 Toronto Raptors team with Stoudamire in Rookie of the Year form. When he got to the Trailblazers, he was mostly just a distributor and spot-up shooter. But on Toronto, he was basically their entire offense for the few years before his departure.

# 86 lakers24 @ 08/05/15 09:51 PM
is it me or did Harden's face change halfway through the clip with him dunking on the fastbreak lol.

# 87 jackzagal @ 08/05/15 10:11 PM
Hard to judge, considering image quality, but it looks promising, no doubt. Hopefully we'll get some HQ footage soon to make a better judgement.

# 88 bateman11 @ 08/05/15 11:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillfeelme
I know that Harden fastbreak was a created to highlight him but did anyone peep the reaction time by the CPU. The CPU actually hesitated a second on the turnover before chasing Harden down the court very realistic looking.

I hope that can actually happen for the right turnovers. In 2K for years the CPU reaction time on T.O.'s has been way too fast for years. That was like a 3 on 0 break.

The other thing I noticed is the actual footplanting step for step on Harden's dribbling on the T.O. looks to be improved there was minimal sliding on the animations for what they shown. He didn't have to gather his feet to accelerate weird or get in the right location to trigger the dunk it looked very fluid.
I liked what I saw on this play as well. Another thing I would add is how he exploded out of his first step. Didn't look like he had the sluggish acceleration like in '15. Also noticed his speed-dribble posture looked more realistic.

# 89 Goffs @ 08/05/15 11:49 PM
Was that Mike Wang "trying" to cover Steph?

# 90 stillfeelme @ 08/06/15 12:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bateman11
I liked what I saw on this play as well. Another thing I would add is how he exploded out of his first step. Didn't look like he had the sluggish acceleration like in '15. Also noticed his speed-dribble posture looked more realistic.
2K15 here or there is prone to a bit of ice skating, it usually shows up in triggering dunk animations when driving. Yeah I was going to say his acceleration dribble looked good too. I specifically looked at them a few times and it was almost step for step minimal sliding at all. I am sure they are trying to get better with it each year.

# 91 Hardhitta5hun @ 08/06/15 12:08 AM
Cant really see in the vid but from the screenshots the lighting doesn't look improved was really hoping that ecomotion lighting was gonna make it back

# 92 BluFu @ 08/06/15 01:34 AM
That last MyGM screen seems to be team relocation, there's quite a few dots on that map that don't belong to real teams (there's a dot on Alaska for example). Also seems like you can decide between building an arena in the downtown area or suburbs *with each having their own interest level (pure speculation here. I don't see why there would be an option between the two otherwise*).

If you pause at the right moment, on the left, you'll see a title called 'CITY INTEREST BASED ON' with 3 criteria that are too blurry to read. So the GM may have a really tough choice there. Build in the city: better chance for big financial earnings, larger arena but low initial interest or build in the suburbs: lower chances for big financial payoffs but extremely high fan interest out the gate.

# 93 Shakedowncapo @ 08/06/15 02:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
Nah, Mike is too old to be doing that. This isn't NBA Inside Drive mo-cap.

Spoiler

# 94 Mintsa @ 08/06/15 02:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
The two Trailblazers that were shown in this footage were Scottie Pippen and Damon Stoudamire.

I believe this would be Stoudamire's first appearance in NBA 2K since he retired? I hope they also give us a 1995-1996 Toronto Raptors team with Stoudamire in Rookie of the Year form. When he got to the Trailblazers, he was mostly just a distributor and spot-up shooter. But on Toronto, he was basically their entire offense for the few years before his departure.
No way 2k puts the expansion raptors team as a classic ..... No way..

# 95 King_B_Mack @ 08/06/15 02:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluFu
That last MyGM screen seems to be team relocation, there's quite a few dots on that map that don't belong to real teams (there's a dot on Alaska for example). Also seems like you can decide between building an arena in the downtown area or suburbs *with each having their own interest level (pure speculation here. I don't see why there would be an option between the two otherwise*).

If you pause at the right moment, on the left, you'll see a title called 'CITY INTEREST BASED ON' with 3 criteria that are too blurry to read. So the GM may have a really tough choice there. Build in the city: better chance for big financial earnings, larger arena but low initial interest or build in the suburbs: lower chances for big financial payoffs but extremely high fan interest out the gate.
Yep, you can also see it says "contribution" up top there. Looks like it's what the city you choose to re-locate to will be contributing to building your stadium? I saw $2,500,000 for the contribution.

# 96 Trackball @ 08/06/15 02:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintsa
No way 2k puts the expansion raptors team as a classic ..... No way..
Highly doubt it, considering Alvin Robertson is on that team. Yes, the guy that set the NBA record for most steals in a season (301) and one of the handful of players to have notched a quadruple-double.

Why him? Because of this. Spoilered for questionable subject matter as far as this website is concerned--technically worksafe, but...well, you'll see what I mean.

Spoiler

# 97 MoneyOvaHuds @ 08/06/15 02:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k gamer all day
Can somebody explain why 2k showing us not a trailer ?

Because they never show us a trailer till the end of August

# 98 Trackball @ 08/06/15 02:43 AM
Here's a screenshot of what I'm assuming is the relocation options screen.

Now, I'm no geography major, but here's some cities I recognize on there. Feel free to add any more I may have missed!

Kansas City (former Kings home)
Louisville (Kentucky Colonels)
Las Vegas
Richmond, Virginia (Squires)
Nashville
Austin, Texas (a D-League team is there already, the Austin Toros)
Pittsburgh (the ancient Pittsburgh Ironmen!)
Omaha, Nebraska

His camera is too low to see Washington state, but 2K would be INSANE if they didn't include Seattle. Believe me, Sonics faithful, I empathize with you...

# 99 dirk.93 @ 08/06/15 03:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackball
Here's a screenshot of what I'm assuming is the relocation options screen.

Now, I'm no geography major, but here's some cities I recognize on there. Feel free to add any more I may have missed!

Kansas City (former Kings home)
Louisville (Kentucky Colonels)
Las Vegas
Richmond, Virignia (Squires)
Nashville
Austin, Texas (a D-League team is there already, the Austin Toros)
Pittsburgh (the ancient Pittsburgh Ironmen!)
Omaha, Nebraska

His camera is too low to see Washington state, but 2K would be INSANE if they didn't include Seattle. Believe me, Sonics faithful, I empathize with you...
There's a map below the states also

# 100 23 @ 08/06/15 03:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
Scott OG as well

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.