Home
FIFA 16 News Post

A couple of FIFA 16 videos have arrived from Gamescom. The first one features Producers Nick Channon and Adam Shaikh, as they go over the new FUT Draft mode, followed by gameplay between FC Barcelona and Chelsea.

The second video features Producers Sebastian Enrique and John Shepherd. They also go through FUT draft mode and follow it up with gameplay between Borussia Mönchengladbach and Borussia Dortmund.

Game: FIFA 16Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 2 - View All
FIFA 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Review @ 08/06/15 04:15 PM
I'll reserve judgment until I get my hands on the game. Just because a game looks good doesn't mean it plays good. I need to have my hands on a controller to see if the button response is there, smoothness, tightness, etc Really looking forward to trying the demo as the last Fifia I played religiously was 09' during my University years.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

# 22 Johns Jets @ 08/06/15 04:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneDrop
No idea why you're getting excited. The first video just displays the major problem with FIFA. It's a sprinting fest, sprinting around like a headless chicken goes unpunished and I hate it. I truly hope the defending is as good as it looks in the videos so I won't have to sprint my players back to their position because the CPU keeps making them wander off. It also looks WAY too fast. Say what you will about PES but the pace is spot on there. Although in the second video the pace of the game looks closer to real life. It might still have to be slowed down though. What bothers me in FIFA is that there's no way to walk with the ball, it immideatly throws you into this jogging animation which is way too fast too. One positive is that the CPU didn't seem to run in circles anymore, although this might be different on legendary. I want to see a full game with a competent player (someone who doesn't sprint all of his players outof position chasing the ball like a pitbull) against legendary CPU with game speed set on slow.
I'm not 100% on this but it's something I remember hearing a while ago when a video I saw made PES look too fast. It can be something to do with the game only being shown at 30fps when it's actually 60fps. You're seeing two frames of the game for every one in the video if that makes sense. I'm not sure that's actually what causes it and someone more technical may refute this. All I know is that I heard that games that are natively 60fps (both PES and FIFA) will look faster than they actually are when shown in a 30fps video.

I also think FIFA is always way too fast but I've heard from a few people that the game speed is much better this year. Whether it's slow enough for me, I don't know, but I've heard the right people saying it's 'spot on'.

# 23 buckeyezombie @ 08/06/15 04:36 PM
Didn't notice much of a difference other than the defender closing down a little bit better. Still looked to ping-pong for me. It's hard to tell how the CPU is in a man to man match however. I did like the fact that the rush clearances from the defender's didn't go right to a teammate.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

# 24 dcar87 @ 08/06/15 05:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyezombie
Didn't notice much of a difference other than the defender closing down a little bit better. Still looked to ping-pong for me. It's hard to tell how the CPU is in a man to man match however. I did like the fact that the rush clearances from the defender's didn't go right to a teammate.

The ping-pong feeling is there sometimes because they are not playing in manual and I am pretty sure they are passing incorrectly because they are using the new "passing with purpose" feature each and everytime. I can't understand why they show these videos with such horrible players, it doesn't do them any favor.

# 25 buckeyezombie @ 08/06/15 05:19 PM
Yeah when you start to play all manual it's hard to go back. If FUT was all manual I'd probably play it more. I think all manual is easier on PES actually.

# 26 dubcity @ 08/06/15 05:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcar87
The ping-pong feeling is there sometimes because they are not playing in manual and I am pretty sure they are passing incorrectly because they are using the new "passing with purpose" feature each and everytime. I can't understand why they show these videos with such horrible players, it doesn't do them any favor.
Yeah, I don't guy why they don't release footage with people on the dev team playing against each other or the CPU. Then we could actually see what the game is capable of. Every year it's these casual/arcade players getting first crack.

# 27 redsox4evur @ 08/06/15 05:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubcity
Yeah, I don't guy why they don't release footage with people on the dev team playing against each other or the CPU. Then we could actually see what the game is capable of. Every year it's these casual/arcade players getting first crack.
Because none of the people they are marketing to play on full manual or a sim-style. They are focusing on the majority of their market which is the tournament and FUT crowd.

# 28 Krebstar @ 08/06/15 06:11 PM
Since the inclusion of the speed setting, and especially sliders a few years ago, I no longer worry about FIFA coming off as too fast, as we finally have the ability to slow it down to fit our tastes.

# 29 Matt10 @ 08/06/15 06:28 PM
The only thing that is making it fast is the pass speed and acceleration - maybe pass accuracy.

Like others have said though, we'll judge it more OS-like when we get to see some P1 v CPU action!

edit: P1 v CPU World Class/Legendary action!

# 30 KG @ 08/06/15 07:31 PM
Much better video quality-wise:

Dortmund vs Gladbach

# 31 Steve_OS @ 08/06/15 10:29 PM
Updated the OP w/ both videos. The quality is much better than the original link, if you want to watch it again.

# 32 Icemaster20007 @ 08/06/15 10:52 PM
I like the speed of it. It looks nice and slow and not a fast fest.

# 33 Matt10 @ 08/06/15 11:03 PM
Pass speed toned down just ever so slightly will put us in gameplay nirvana here. Would like to see some P1 v CPU wc/legendary though. Regardless, pass speed maxed at 50 is too fast.

# 34 Icemaster20007 @ 08/07/15 12:37 AM
I always felt Legendary (like All Madden) just cheats you though. But I know FIFA is an overall better developed game than Madden for numerous reasons.

But I guess that's just at base sliders. If you tweak them I can see why it is fair.

# 35 takki @ 08/07/15 01:21 AM
Am I the only person who is worried? Maybe it's because I mostly play FUT but all I saw was potential things that could ruin the game (for FUT).

Yeah, the defensive improvements are impressive. Nice to see the giant defensive AI boost. But...

1. The whipped in crosses they added in. They look way too accurate. The people playing weren't good enough to abuse it but I can see sprinting down the wing and whipping it along the ground behind the defense to a 90+ pace striker being a spammed thing online. I'm having PTSD flashbacks to Fifa 14 again.

2. The slide tackle feature they added where you can immediately get up after a slide tackle removing any risk out of performing one. One of my biggest gripes with online play is people spamming slide tackles because the refs never give yellows and slide tackles home in on the ball, no matter how bad your slide tackle was.

3. Headers look OP again. Most of the corners in the two videos resulted in goals or headed chances on goal.

4. I don't believe for a second they have fixed pace abuse as it's been a problem in every single modern Fifa, despite them claiming to have fixed it every year.

5. The new passing (driven passes) look to be the most broken thing of all. The laser guided passes that you can now do though the defense. There doesn't seem to be any inaccuracy with them.

All of these I predict will be problems with the demo build.

# 36 dubcity @ 08/07/15 01:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by takki
5. The new passing (driven passes) look to be the most broken thing of all. The laser guided passes that you can now do though the defense. There doesn't seem to be any inaccuracy with them.

This, along with crosses and headers, are more than likely their way of the countering the improved defensive AI to ensure more goals. That's part of the reason headers were OP in 14. If you can't just dribble through the midfield like in 15, then now more goals will come from other areas. Have to placate the casual players who want 3-2 scorelines in 10-12 minute matches.

# 37 RoyceDa59 @ 08/07/15 01:53 AM
Passing looks way too accurate but I am happy to see some freaking midfield play for once in a FIFA game. I have to see more but it is promising I just tactics actually work well in this game this year.

# 38 HKPound @ 08/07/15 04:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
WOW.

The defensive line moving as a unit.

The spaces are covered.

Players moving off the ball and showing to.

Fouls.

Defensive line not following attackers into the box.

Is this FIFA? PES...please take notes.
I can only take so much of the defensive line and midfielders tracking every runners into the box. So glad FIFA 16 isn't that far away, even more so now that you're cosigning it.

# 39 Santi @ 08/07/15 07:02 AM
still looks a lot like ping-pong with the passing, super up-and-down with few midfield battles... also there seems to be so much space on a FIFA pitch, especially in midfield it rarely looks like someone is pressed hard and forced to make a bad pass or mistake like real life

Quote:
A new gameplay video. Non-english.
https://youtu.be/FeJzu2DmHPE
that video is fifa 15..

# 40 orion523 @ 08/07/15 08:48 AM
Quote:
A new gameplay video. Non-english.
https://youtu.be/FeJzu2DmHPE

Am I the only person who is worried? Maybe it's because I mostly play FUT but all I saw was potential things that could ruin the game (for FUT).

Yeah, the defensive improvements are impressive. Nice to see the giant defensive AI boost. But...

1. The whipped in crosses they added in. They look way too accurate. The people playing weren't good enough to abuse it but I can see sprinting down the wing and whipping it along the ground behind the defense to a 90+ pace striker being a spammed thing online. I'm having PTSD flashbacks to Fifa 14 again.

2. The slide tackle feature they added where you can immediately get up after a slide tackle removing any risk out of performing one. One of my biggest gripes with online play is people spamming slide tackles because the refs never give yellows and slide tackles home in on the ball, no matter how bad your slide tackle was.

3. Headers look OP again. Most of the corners in the two videos resulted in goals or headed chances on goal.

4. I don't believe for a second they have fixed pace abuse as it's been a problem in every single modern Fifa, despite them claiming to have fixed it every year.

All of these I predict will be problems with the demo build.
You have to remember these videos were captured with all of the cheats, er, hand holding, I mean, assisted passing/shooting. So yeah, they are too accurate, change to manual and it's a different story. As Matt said, lower the pass speed a tick and we could have some magic here.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.