Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

Steph Curry has just posted a quick NBA 2K16 video clip of himself in NBA 2K16, complete with mouth guard. Steph mentions on his Instagram that a Beyond the Shadows video is coming Monday.

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 201 MoneyOvaHuds @ 08/09/15 03:31 AM
Just thought of something .... Will we get Gerald Greens hand ?

Attachment 104071

# 202 MoneyOvaHuds @ 08/09/15 03:35 AM
Marion too Attachment 104073

# 203 Trackball @ 08/09/15 03:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyOvaHuds
Just thought of something .... Will we get Gerald Greens hand ?
Stuff like this and Shawn Marion's hand are likely why we never got a playable Manute Bol in the game.

His ridiculously-lanky body would've required a completely unique player model.

# 204 Sundown @ 08/09/15 06:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
I'm not so sure you should see a reflection at that angle.....there are a couple things that would factor into it

Really? Why do you think? It's a low angle and the shoes are bright enough to show up up as a mirror image on the floor. Seems like it would be the classic low angle, fresnel shiny surface reflection.

# 205 2_headedmonster @ 08/09/15 06:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyOvaHuds
Retired?.....

# 206 The 24th Letter @ 08/09/15 07:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
Really? Why do you think? It's a low angle and the shoes are bright enough to show up up as a mirror image on the floor. Seems like it would be the classic low angle, fresnel shiny surface reflection.

Oh, there would definitely be a reflection, but I think it's more likely it'd appear on the side of the shoe or behind him from that angle....if we were facing him we'd see the reflection in front of him...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 207 Sundown @ 08/09/15 07:16 AM
Quote:
Oh, there would definitely be a reflection, but I think it's more likely it'd appear on the side of the shoe or behind him from that angle....if we were facing him we'd see the reflection in front of him...

Not sure what you mean but a reflection should appear similarly to as if the reflecting plane was a mirror. In this case, there should be a image of Curry's shoe and leg upside down starting from the bottom of Curry's actual shoe. Sort of like if Curry was standing on a mirror (because that's actually what he's doing).

Wait. This explains everything.

Curry isn't human. He's a 3-point shooting vampire.

# 208 The 24th Letter @ 08/09/15 07:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
Not sure what you mean but a reflection should appear similarly to as if the reflecting plane was a mirror. In this case, there should be a image of Curry's shoe and leg upside down starting from the bottom of Curry's actual shoe. Sort of like if Curry was standing on a mirror (because that's actually what he's doing).

Wait. This explains everything.

Curry isn't human. He's a 3-point shooting vampire.
They aren't exactly playing on a mirror, though that would be fun to watch....lol

http://youtu.be/lIu2eZQV6q4

Here's a host of different free throw angles...notice how his reflection appears at each angle...

Disclaimer: this is just a random side discussion for fun, the seriousness of this is level 0 lol

# 209 stillfeelme @ 08/09/15 09:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeGSW
What? A mirror? Umm no. why would a hardwood court reflect something the same way as a mirror?
What he is saying is it wouldn't look the same as a mirror but the actual reflection plane doesn't change. The actual physics behind it doesn't change. The only thing that changes is what you are able to see based off the hardwood floor, angle and distance and lighting source.

I think it is funny but unless 2K is hiring a lighting expert/engineer and is willing to go into details of each stadium and how the actual jerseys shows up then the reflection will not be right. There should also be shadows on the court but we are going Beyond the Shadows we are talking lighting and mirror effects. I think this is already in the game though but I had to say it anyway lol.

# 210 Sundown @ 08/09/15 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillfeelme
What he is saying is it wouldn't look the same as a mirror but the actual reflection plane doesn't change. The actual physics behind it doesn't change. The only thing that changes is what you are able to see based off the hardwood floor, angle and distance and lighting source.

I think it is funny but unless 2K is hiring a lighting expert/engineer and is willing to go into details of each stadium and how the actual jerseys shows up then the reflection will not be right. There should also be shadows on the court but we are going Beyond the Shadows we are talking lighting and mirror effects. I think this is already in the game though but I had to say it anyway lol.
Thanks for explaining, stillfeelme. I'd use an image to explain but I'm without a mouse or wacom, and also lazy.

As far as lighting experts and engineers go, 2K already has one of the best guys in the business from what I know. Naty Hoffman's the VP of Technology and I've been using some of his Siggraph papers on physically based rendering as a resource at work. Technology wise they know what they're doing, and I'm pretty sure/hopeful the missing reflection is just an early build issue since player reflections (and shadows) have been in 2K for a long time. Improvements that are needed are likely more of an art direction/time issue.

# 211 The 24th Letter @ 08/09/15 03:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillfeelme

Bingo....that's what I was getting at

# 212 hesko @ 08/09/15 10:20 PM
skin a lil too pale, he supposed to be gold. lol
countdown til trailer!!!!

# 213 redsox4evur @ 08/09/15 10:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WISports
We talking about mirrors now?!

Maybe we should get back to chipped teeth and lighting talk.
We are still talking about the perfectly fine lighting...

# 214 The 24th Letter @ 08/09/15 11:21 PM
I think NBA 2K14 is only like $10 at GameStop now....

# 215 Dmanning2 @ 08/09/15 11:22 PM
Quote:

lmao, don't do this.

# 216 23 @ 08/09/15 11:31 PM
Quote:

Nine......

# 217 MoneyOvaHuds @ 08/10/15 12:22 AM
Quote:

Time for me to upgrade

# 218 Ward13 @ 08/10/15 12:47 AM
I'd bet my bottom dollar that Curry will be the only player in the game with a mouthpiece seeing as that he's one of the cover athletes this year, and chewing on a mouthpiece is apart of his free throw routine. I find it hard to believe that we still can't change jerseys in Mycareer mode but our Myplayer will have the choice of wearing a mouthpiece; Just doesn't add up to me.

# 219 Ward13 @ 08/10/15 12:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WISports
Are there really any other players who chew their mouth guards like him tho?

I hope they show him take it out, like after he gets fouled, etc. like he usually does.

Not to my knowledge but I know for a fact he's not the only player that wears a mouthpiece. It would be a great cosmetic addition to the game but something tells me he'll be the only player wearing one, and we'll only see it during his free throw routine.

# 220 Goffs @ 08/10/15 12:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward13
I'd bet my bottom dollar that Curry will be the only player in the game with a mouthpiece seeing as that he's one of the cover athletes this year. I find it hard to believe that we can't change jerseys in Mycareer mode but we'll have mouthpieces .
It's kinda like when Urlacher was the cover boy for NFL2K and he was the only player with a tattoo. Next year you won't even see mouth guards.....it's been always like that unfortunately...

Allen Iverson hair would change from game to game. This happened when he was the cover boy. I'm pretty sure Ben Wallace received the same treatment with his hair.

I wish 2k would stay consistent but I have a feeling that this might be a coding nightmare lol

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.