Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

Steph Curry has just posted a quick NBA 2K16 video clip of himself in NBA 2K16, complete with mouth guard. Steph mentions on his Instagram that a Beyond the Shadows video is coming Monday.

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 LD2k @ 08/07/15 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
This zoomed out shot actually looks really nice from an overall lighting/skin tone perspective. So much detail and subtlety in the lighting even with fair complaints about highlights and brightness. And the accurate proportions help sell the illusion so much.

The game might look even more phenomenal in broadcast view. Now pair that with Curry's new animations.

First thing I'm doing in game is an off the dribble double cross escape step back 3.
It does.

# 62 ForeverVersatile @ 08/07/15 01:18 PM
Zoomed out the lighting looks good but once they go into the cinematic camera it gets too dark and skin tones look pale.
You can barely tell he has hair.
Attachment 103967

# 63 23 @ 08/07/15 01:19 PM
I liked the clip but im tired of the 1st grade teasers

All it leads to is a bunch of over analyzing areas smaller than a pea in a wide angled shot.

BTW, his accessories aren't the same color as the jersey...How many different whites does he need to have on? 2k definitely needs to get rid of the dirty white look

Otherwise lets see some gameplay man, this is starting to drag on like Joe Montana Football marketing

# 64 Sundown @ 08/07/15 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LD2k
It does.
Armpits hard to see in broadcast though.

Reconsidering pre-order.

# 65 Rams_3 @ 08/07/15 01:22 PM
Damn 2k u just keep me smiling. The attention to detail is always amazing. Keep up the good work. Can't wait to see what other details you've added.

# 66 Sundown @ 08/07/15 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
I liked the clip but im tired of the 1st grade teasers

All it leads to is a bunch of over analyzing areas smaller than a pea in a wide angled shot.

BTW, his accessories aren't the same color as the jersey...How many different whites does he need to have on? 2k definitely needs to get rid of the dirty white look
Not to belabor the point but I think this is also related to the overall lighting intensity problem.

What's funny is that GSW actually had mismatching yellows when they introduced the first sleeved jerseys. Those things were ugly. But we beat the Spurs one game wearing them (that was a huge achievement those days), so it would have been fine if they never took them off.

Quote:
Otherwise lets see some gameplay man, this is starting to drag on like Joe Montana Football marketing
DUN Hut. DUNDUN Hut Hut Hut. DUNDUN Hut Hut Hut. DUNDUN DUNDUNDUNDUNDUN, DUN Hut. DUNDUN Hut Hut Hut...

# 67 iLLWiLL @ 08/07/15 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
Also, some of the flattening out may be due to the scanning process. If you look at a player as he's being scanned and lit from all directions, he actually kind of LOOKS like a player in game, as it effectively erases all shadows and produces a diffuse/albedo map with some ambient occlusion. This is good because you don't want fake baked shadows that don't match the lighting angle and environment and then you can light the model appropriately in scene.

But as you can see in the comparison shot, facial features in 2K don't self shadow, which also adds a lot to the dimensionality, but real-time self shadowing is a difficult problem and characters that are lit in a way that fits their environment are much more convincing than shadows painted on their faces inappropriately. But there's a lot of room for 2K to up the specular and fresnel effects though.

Agreed. But I think that, if the players being scanned are being overlit with light and thus flooding out the details, then I think that would be a problem with 2K's scanning process And I don't think that would replicate what we see when watching real games on TV or in person, where we can see all of the details on a player's face and body.

# 68 MoneyOvaHuds @ 08/07/15 01:40 PM
It's the beginning of August , all the promoting and releasing of info falls in line with what they have been doing the last few years . Go look on the Internet , August 7th 2014 " first look at KD video "

August 7th 2015 " clip of Curry in motion "

We will get our info people like we always have , Sizzle trailer will be here in 2 to 3 weeks based on history .

# 69 Steve_OS @ 08/07/15 01:41 PM
Nose hair molecules... Thank you MikeGSW.

# 70 Tunechid @ 08/07/15 01:49 PM
In the Instagram caption curry said "more gameplay coming Monday from 2k in "Beyond The Shadows"

# 71 LD2k @ 08/07/15 01:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunechid
In the Instagram caption curry said "more gameplay coming Monday from 2k in "Beyond The Shadows"

# 72 23 @ 08/07/15 01:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LD2k

Beyond the shadows... does that mean out of the dark drab arenas?

Anyway, they did scan his teeth in that pic you can see the chipped tooth and everything. That's pretty nice

# 73 _-King-_ @ 08/07/15 01:59 PM
Don't get me wrong, the game looks great. But it just looks like there was a glitch that combined Steph and Klay's face scans. Weird considering Curry is a cover athlete, so I'd think he'd be one of the best models in the game.

# 74 23 @ 08/07/15 02:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyOvaHuds
It's the beginning of August , all the promoting and releasing of info falls in line with what they have been doing the last few years . Go look on the Internet , August 7th 2014 " first look at KD video "

August 7th 2015 " clip of Curry in motion "

We will get our info people like we always have , Sizzle trailer will be here in 2 to 3 weeks based on history .

BTW, Thank You Mr Good News

I didn't like what they did the last few years.........2k11 was really the year where they spared not and it worked just fine

Im not necessarily sold on hype and waiting til the last second because thats what it does, as I am with the actual product

BUT

HURRY and preorder NOW!!!

#2K16
#Bethestory
#WegotSpikeLee
#Nogotnext
#greatestgameever
#Youhavenoidea
#Soexcitedtoshowyoubutyouneedtowaitlikelastyear
#Dontworrywegotanothercloseupofsomeonesface
#classicteamsonceaweekforeightlongweeksinsteadofno w
#Dontworryjustpreorder
#Mouthpiecesahhh
#Donteventhinkaboutitjustpreorder
#Ohdidwementionpreordernow
#Bethestorywhenweshowyouwhatitis
#DidImentionpreordernowtho
#NBA2K16

# 75 TreyIM2 @ 08/07/15 02:03 PM
Very nice touch. Curry's hair is correct, too, finally.

# 76 DakkoN @ 08/07/15 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23

I didn't like what they did the last few years.........2k11 was really the year where they spared not and it worked just fine

Im not necessarily sold on hype and waiting til the last second because thats what it does, as I am with the actual product

BUT

#2K16
#Bethestory
#WegotSpikeLee
#Nogotnext
#greatestgameever
#Youhavenoidea
#Dontworryjustpreorder
#Mouthpiecesahhh
#NBA2K16
Whoever's in charge of 2K's PR department should be fired. 2K is the only series I've ever seen that year after year, they still don't have any footage a month before release. It's pretty ridiculous.

# 77 iLLWiLL @ 08/07/15 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23

BUT

#2K16
#Bethestory
#WegotSpikeLee
#Nogotnext
#greatestgameever
#Youhavenoidea
#Dontworryjustpreorder
#Mouthpiecesahhh
#NBA2K16

In all fairness, this falls in line with pretty much every gaming company's marketing department strategy -- drag it out, build up hype. Live is no different, they are driving me crazy because I just want info, screenshots, videos. But, in due time...

# 78 23 @ 08/07/15 02:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLWiLL
In all fairness, this falls in line with pretty much every gaming company's marketing department strategy -- drag it out, build up hype. Live is no different, they are driving me crazy because I just want info, screenshots, videos. But, in due time...
Wont turn this into a marketing thread, but I don't care who it is, im not game company peddling I just want to see the game, which is not unreasonable if you're asking me to rush down and plop down pre order money and won't even acknowledge any tweets unless its a pre order reciept

# 79 ojandpizza @ 08/07/15 02:24 PM
Curry's ankle braces are grayish with white straps in real life, and his leg sleeves don't look "dirty white" they look like they have a shadow from his shorts.

Looks fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 80 The 24th Letter @ 08/07/15 02:24 PM
There's no doubt in my mind 2k's marketing guy's job is secure...ya'll just don't enjoy it, lol

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.