Home
NHL 16 News Post

We've put together a montage of goals (47 of them) to show the thrill of the moment of scoring a goal in EASHL, but perhaps more importantly to show the variety of situations goals were being scored in during the EASHL beta. Obviously, you can see if a pattern of any type emerges from the goals or not. If you can't see the video above, click here.

Let us know if you spy any!

See A Full Game of EASHL Gameplay:

Game: NHL 16Reader Score: Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 0 - View All
NHL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 ericromain @ 08/10/15 07:46 PM
Point shots in traffic with eyes or deflections.
Taking time to pull the puck back and aim a hard shot from a high percentage area.
A lot of bang bang down low
A lot of rebound garbage goals.
A couple clean slappers
Breakaway dekes.

It seems like real hockey to me. I like what i see.

# 2 VDusen04 @ 08/10/15 08:36 PM
I've been out of the hockey video game market for years so I'm easily impressed. It looks very realistic to me. Makes me miss hockey gaming.

# 3 ChaseB @ 08/11/15 12:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericromain
Taking time to pull the puck back and aim a hard shot from a high percentage area.
A couple clean slappers
Breakaway dekes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
I've been out of the hockey video game market for years so I'm easily impressed. It looks very realistic to me. Makes me miss hockey gaming.
Yeah, I think the weirdest goals you see still are the guys coming off the half boards via a self-pin and then scoring with a backhand, but otherwise I have liked how goals have come together -- as is shown via the montage I put together.

Also my favorite goal starts up at the 4:35 marker.

# 4 HypoLuxa13 @ 08/11/15 08:44 AM
Definitely liking the garbage goals that were shown: The rebounds and brute force net crashing goals.

# 5 Money99 @ 08/11/15 09:50 AM
One of the earlier goals shown highlights some poor defensive AI by both defender and goalie.
The winger comes in (on the right wing), slows down and begins to stick-handle. This causes the defender to back away, while the goalie leaves the short side to cover a possible-cross crease pass, leaving a wide open, top shelf - which the forward buries.

Someone on HFBoards pointed this out and mentioned that he and others online are able to take advantage of this time and time again.

Saying that, it appears the latest tuner may have corrected this? I believe something was mentioned about the goalie AI being altered so that it won't leave its post in that situation while also having the defender stay in the pocket, or attack instead of backing-off.

I'd love to know if this goal shown in the video was pre or post patch.

Otherwise, I'm seeing a lot of greasy play. Loving it.
I'm also loving how you really want to be controlling a playmaker if you're trying low-risk passes.
I just pray that this translates to offline GM mode as well. That perhaps only players with a high playmaking rating are able to thread the needle through traffic.

# 6 norml @ 08/11/15 11:44 AM
I thought for sure this would be an "hommage au fromage", but for the most part it looks like hockey. Finally!

# 7 ChaseB @ 08/11/15 12:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericromain
A couple clean slappers
Breakaway dekes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
One of the earlier goals shown highlights some poor defensive AI by both defender and goalie.
The winger comes in (on the right wing), slows down and begins to stick-handle. This causes the defender to back away, while the goalie leaves the short side to cover a possible-cross crease pass, leaving a wide open, top shelf - which the forward buries.

Someone on HFBoards pointed this out and mentioned that he and others online are able to take advantage of this time and time again.

Saying that, it appears the latest tuner may have corrected this? I believe something was mentioned about the goalie AI being altered so that it won't leave its post in that situation while also having the defender stay in the pocket, or attack instead of backing-off.

I'd love to know if this goal shown in the video was pre or post patch.

Otherwise, I'm seeing a lot of greasy play. Loving it.
I'm also loving how you really want to be controlling a playmaker if you're trying low-risk passes.
I just pray that this translates to offline GM mode as well. That perhaps only players with a high playmaking rating are able to thread the needle through traffic.
Yeah I think on the power play you can create some shorthanded chances because the defender backs off way too much in the situation you bring up specifically. However, I do think the latest tuner did at least help out what you're talking about a bit for regular strength.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.