Home
Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR News Post

Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR title update 1.02 is available now on PlayStation 4 (checking on Xbox One).

UPDATE: The update is also available now on Xbox One.

UPDATE #2: You do not need to restart your career to see TPC Scottsdale.

UPDATE #3: List of fixes have been updated.

The update includes the following:
  • Added TPC Scottsdale in Play Now, Tour Pro and Online modes
  • Tuned affect of spin attribute across each club type
  • Created golfers now earn XP in Night Club Challenge
  • Updated licensed golfer attributes based on real world performance
  • Wildlife improvements
  • Reduced flickering in certain areas
  • General audio improvements
  • General UI improvements
  • Online server stability fixes
  • Added quicker way to restart challenges in Night Club
  • Tuned forward swing speed on Advanced Swing
  • Added a new form of mi**** (mis-hit) to Advanced Swing
  • Tuned ball bounce and roll behavior on shorter shots
  • Increases online h2h session lobby times up to 90 seconds
  • Fixed location of Online IDs in H2H when using the hole map
  • Fixed several host migration issues
  • Fixed bad ball drop camera in certain situations
  • Fixed rare failed Big Hit Moment
  • Fixed UI hanging when accessing save files
  • Fixed randomization of course settings in ranked online h2h
  • Fixed blank scorecards and failed score tracking in the HUD in online h2h
  • Fixed spectate cameras rarely not cycling in online h2h
  • Fixed issue where match play would sometimes load as stroke play in play now
  • Fixed issue where upslope and downslope would sometimes not factor into ball launch
  • Fixed some VoIP issues in Online h2h
  • Fixed rumble not working at times on games using multiple controllers
  • Fixed carry distance not working at times in Night Club
  • Fixed some framerate issue when using aiming arc
  • Added more telemetry hooks
Let us know what you are seeing!

Game: Rory McIlroy PGA TOURReader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 12 - View All
Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR Videos
Member Comments
# 21 HANDSWARD_EA @ 08/11/15 06:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey_Osprey
So will there be more courses coming, or are you just planning on using existing courses and playing them multiple times using different tournament names?
The only things announced so far are Scottsdale which came out for everyone today and East Lake next month. But stay tuned for info as I am really excited about what else we can do for this game.

# 22 HANDSWARD_EA @ 08/11/15 06:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
Those of you who have the game and are playing on Tour/Advanced/Hard, would you be willing to try this test? Set up for a full drive, but only take the club back to what feels like 75%, or even less. Then execute the downswing with your normal pace in which you get perfect tempo/speed. If your shot goes way offline even if your swing path is true, it will help establish the fact that the current swing model is putting a premium on meeting the targeted backswing length. You'd have to repeat this 5 or more times to see how repeatable it is... but I suspect this might be what's happening.
Yes, the changes made to the Advanced Swing Mechanic put a premium on you executing the exact shot you are aimed for. So if you were someone that got by on doing like a -5/+5 kind of swing, you are going to become less accurate. There is no miss-hit if you nail the backswing length and follow through speed exactly right. But as you get away from those perfect points, more miss-hit is added. It isn't a random amount, it is quantified by how far off from perfect you are in each area. The only random to it is if that miss-hit is added to the left or the right.

# 23 OnlookerDelay @ 08/11/15 06:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HANDSWARD_EA
Yes, the changes made to the Advanced Swing Mechanic put a premium on you executing the exact shot you are aimed for. So if you were someone that got by on doing like a -5/+5 kind of swing, you are going to become less accurate. There is no miss-hit if you nail the backswing length and follow through speed exactly right. But as you get away from those perfect points, more miss-hit is added. It isn't a random amount, it is quantified by how far off from perfect you are in each area. The only random to it is if that miss-hit is added to the left or the right.
First of all, thanks for answering this question in the detail needed. Based on your description, even if you nail the required backswing length, yet still have a downswing tempo/speed deviation, there will still be a proportional (and I'm so glad to hear that it's proportional!) accuracy error. You explained the reasoning for the randomness of the left/right back in July, and I understand the basis for it. I would prefer that it be weighted more towards quick being a pull and slow being a push, fwiw.

I'm not sure how this will work for players like me who prefer to modulate their backswings based on a full shot. We're now talking about a severe accuracy error for someone playing a 50% pitch shot (provided they left the club at its default pitch distance) with a modulated swing... hope this makes sense?

BTW, I completely buy into the reasoning for slow and quick tempos having a bearing on the shot accuracy; however, I think the game would be more flexible if this tempo was based on a ratio for a given player's swing speed preference. Some prefer a slower swing to help with the feel of the game. If the game was looking for a ratio of backswing/foreswing, players who prefer a slower swing could execute it without giving up accuracy for not maintaining a faster tempo. I can see the rationale for the slower swing player losing distance though in this model, which is only fair... they are sacrificing distance because of the lower risk associated with a slower swing.

# 24 smitty67 @ 08/11/15 07:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS

Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR title update 1.02 is available now on PlayStation 4 (checking on Xbox One).

UPDATE: The update is also available now on Xbox One.

UPDATE #2: You do not need to restart your career to see TPC Scottsdale.

UPDATE #3: List of fixes have been updated.

The update includes the following:
  • Added TPC Scottsdale in Play Now, Tour Pro and Online modes
  • Tuned affect of spin attribute across each club type
  • Created golfers now earn XP in Night Club Challenge
  • Updated licensed golfer attributes based on real world performance
  • Wildlife improvements
  • Reduced flickering in certain areas
  • General audio improvements
  • General UI improvements
  • Online server stability fixes
  • Added quicker way to restart challenges in Night Club
  • Tuned forward swing speed on Advanced Swing
  • Added a new form of mi**** (mis-hit) to Advanced Swing
  • Tuned ball bounce and roll behavior on shorter shots
  • Increases online h2h session lobby times up to 90 seconds
  • Fixed location of Online IDs in H2H when using the hole map
  • Fixed several host migration issues
  • Fixed bad ball drop camera in certain situations
  • Fixed rare failed Big Hit Moment
  • Fixed UI hanging when accessing save files
  • Fixed randomization of course settings in ranked online h2h
  • Fixed blank scorecards and failed score tracking in the HUD in online h2h
  • Fixed spectate cameras rarely not cycling in online h2h
  • Fixed issue where match play would sometimes load as stroke play in play now
  • Fixed issue where upslope and downslope would sometimes not factor into ball launch
  • Fixed some VoIP issues in Online h2h
  • Fixed rumble not working at times on games using multiple controllers
  • Fixed carry distance not working at times in Night Club
  • Fixed some framerate issue when using aiming arc
  • Added more telemetry hooks
Let us know what you are seeing!

Of all the improvements this game needed, this was the key for me Forget more courses, forget a deeper career, forget more ways to earn XP. Give me an improved wildlife experience.

I hope I see a yak when I play TPC Scottsdale in my deepened career mode.

# 25 goillini03 @ 08/11/15 11:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty67
Of all the improvements this game needed, this was the key for me Forget more courses, forget a deeper career, forget more ways to earn XP. Give me an improved wildlife experience.

This made me laugh. My thoughts exactly.

# 26 TheBleedingRed21 @ 08/12/15 09:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty67

It's something small that probably took hardly any time to fix. Be thankful and not so sarcastic. They are working on the other stuff as much as they can.

# 27 Lisac @ 08/12/15 09:57 AM
After patch downloaded played next tourny and it had all real golfers on the leader board including Bubba and Tiger. I know they said no Tiger this year but I hope we get 6 to 12 new golfers by the time next patch drops!

# 28 mike081989 @ 08/12/15 10:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisac
After patch downloaded played next tourny and it had all real golfers on the leader board including Bubba and Tiger. I know they said no Tiger this year but I hope we get 6 to 12 new golfers by the time next patch drops!
This was the same way before the patch

# 29 kehlis @ 08/12/15 10:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisac

Yea they've both been there since launch.

# 30 capitaine25_ @ 08/12/15 12:58 PM
Here is my impressions after the patch, the game run smoother for sure but a lot of things are missings:
1. Be able to turn off crowds and tournaments setting if desired.
2. Match Play and all others type of game.
3. Have more weather options, real weather, sunny, cloudy, partly cloudy... etc etc
4. The winds direction selection is stupid, really need to fix this.. windy, breezy.. etc etc...
5. In tournament mode the amount of crowds around the player in relation with your position in the scoreboards.
6. Ability to delete all the fantasy course, fantasy players.... if desired or others courses.
7. More equipment brands, more clothings, chains, sunglass, hat, rings, necklace..more uniforms for real players and caddy.
8. Be able to customize distance for each club for created players and more distance, flight, etc etc customization.
9. Time of the season, summer, autumn
10. More camera angle...
11. Create our own season.

This is what I see so far

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.