Home
PES 2016 News Post

The PES 2016 demo is available now on Xbox One, weighing in at 3.1GB. You will need to search for PES 2016. It might mention that it coming soon, but click it anyway, it works.

The PES 2016 demo is also available on the Australian, New Zealand regions, along with a few more, weighing in at 3.3GB. Create an account in one of those locations to download it.

Otherwise, this post will get updated when it's on the PS Store locally.

UPDATE: The PES 2016 demo is available now on the PlayStation Store, search for Pro Evolution.

The following teams are available in the demo:
  • Juventus F.C.
  • A.S. Roma
  • FC Bayern München
  • SC Corinthians
  • Palmeiras
  • Brazil
  • France
Stadiums available:
  • Arena Corinthians
  • Juventus Stadium
You can select difficulty, match time (7 to 10 minutes), substitutions (up to 6), player emotions (on/off) and set injuries (on/off).

Game: PES 2016Reader Score: Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 0 - View All
PES 2016 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 RoyceDa59 @ 08/12/15 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panicshade
The PES 2016 Demo is available on the Australian (and I believe New Zealand) PSN. It's 3.3 GB for the file size. I'm in the US and just made an Aussie PSN account to get it.

Nice damn I am at the office won't be able to download it until later, knew I should have worked from home today haha.

# 2 Cpre5 @ 08/12/15 12:48 PM
Wow, this game plays great.
I played pes 15 a little last year, and while I thought it did a better job replicating soccer then fifa I still had a hard time playing it. It just felt off.

This was a new experience,

1: The collision system is really nice. Players for the most part react natural to contact
2: AI attack would move into space constantly and would make good runs and setup give and goes.
3: AI defending was moving into passing panes and looking to make good tackles or knock players off the ball. And smart blocking sliding tackles. Also if the ball was played back to the keeper and forwards would push up and pressure them.

I also saw differences in the two game I played between the teams. 1st game I played was Brazil vs palmeiras. Pal kept trying to move the ball downfield with possession, while in the 2nd game Juventus would push the ball deep from the back. Every other possession or so, they would try and hit me in over the top.

I'm just a few games into the demo, but it feels a lot better then 15 did and I think PES fans will really enjoy this years game. Can't wait to see fifa's beta, or demo

Edit: only fouls I've seen have been slide tackles

# 3 RoyceDa59 @ 08/12/15 06:07 PM
Played a few matches (six) on Superstar. First thing I can say is that the graphics look great, much better than last year they even got Generic faces to look almost on the level of the scan and modeled players.

I don't think too many people will be disappointed with that, but on the other hand...I am not sure how Konami were able to make the game much more physical but still have the same amount of fouls from last year. Seems to be less standing tackle fouls as well because ALL players can summon the ability at randoms times to hop out of the way of your tackles. Other than that there are ALOT of impressive animations to be displayed and the improved ball physics are a welcome.

I still have to play more but I am mixed on it so far, the tactics being pretty much unchanged from last year is a blow for me.

# 4 BenVenom @ 08/12/15 08:57 PM
Demo is up on the U.S. Xbox store but you have to search for it. Downloading now.

# 5 BL8001 @ 08/12/15 09:22 PM
Thanks for the heads up about the us store. I searched pro.

It said coming soon but when I clicked through it started downloading. 65%

# 6 J-Unit40 @ 08/12/15 09:26 PM
After about 6 or 7 games (10 min) on Regular and Professional...

1. Players animate better and GK seem to do their job better than PES15. It just looks better which goes along well with the upgrade in graphics.

2. Only 4 fouls have been called and only one yellow (on me). What's funny is 2 of those fouls occurred in the first 10 min in my first game and Valbuena nailed a FK from about 20-22m out. My initial thought was "Nice! They are finally calling some fouls!". Unfortunately, that was fools gold.

3. Each team seems to play a slightly different style. Juventus was looking to connect on the long ball (Tevez is tough to contain). Pirlo dropped some nice long passes to Tevez and Morata. I saw some nice crosses (low and high). France curled a beauty of a low cross in the box to Benzema for a near goal.

4. Players seem to fatigue slower than we saw in PES15. They still fatigue, but not at a drastic rate.

5. The Live Broadcast looks very good. Always a fan of playing the game similar to how it looks on TV. Just my preference.

I hope the development team patches the fouls like they did with PES14 on PS3. If not, it's going to be pretty disappointing to see this important area of the game go untouched.

# 7 LingeringRegime @ 08/12/15 09:36 PM
Replays are fantastic. They look very close to what you would see on television. I am in love.

I have been able to draw a fair share amount of fouls by holding down R2 button (Close control). If you don't hold this down you won't see many fouls. But, players get pissed off about it on the pitch. Haha

Here are a handful of pictures I took...

# 8 RoyceDa59 @ 08/12/15 09:49 PM
Nice pics, I noticed Neymar doesn't have his tattoos in this build so I am assuming this isn't the final build. Hopefully they tweak a little more things for the final build, I feel like the passing is a little too sensitive.

# 9 Pappy Knuckles @ 08/12/15 10:13 PM
How are you guys finding the penalties? I'm watching a guy streaming now and dudes are getting leveled, but I've yet to see one called.

# 10 LingeringRegime @ 08/12/15 10:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyceDa59
Nice pics, I noticed Neymar doesn't have his tattoos in this build so I am assuming this isn't the final build. Hopefully they tweak a little more things for the final build, I feel like the passing is a little too sensitive.
Good catch, I didn't even notice the lack of tats.

# 11 LingeringRegime @ 08/12/15 10:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
How are you guys finding the penalties? I'm watching a guy streaming now and dudes are getting leveled, but I've yet to see one called.
Yeah, if you're not holding down R2 as you are dribbling the refs won't blow the whistle. If you do they will a lot more. I hope they have a tutorial explaining this.

# 12 orion523 @ 08/12/15 10:21 PM
Has anyone noticed that when you switch players defensively, the man you switch to slows for a sec, allowing the attacker to go by?
Otherwise, pretty similar to last year, not overly impressed thus far.

# 13 LingeringRegime @ 08/12/15 10:49 PM
Love how the AI switches to defensive mode at the 80:00 mark if they are in the lead by 1 goal.

# 14 BL8001 @ 08/12/15 10:49 PM
First thing I do is change the controls. RT sprint LT special. B shoot X cross B teammate pressure X slide tackle

Then like a racing game I can go fast on RT and slow with LT.

Also in game turned on cpu names and lowered game speed 1.

Scored a sweet Vidal goal in the pink juve kits.
And in the second game a tasty brazillian special that contained 5 passes, a jinky run, 2 more passes and a unstoppable bullet into the inside side net.

Ready to edit kits!

# 15 dmendenhall_9 @ 08/12/15 11:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by orion523
Has anyone noticed that when you switch players defensively, the man you switch to slows for a sec, allowing the attacker to go by?
Otherwise, pretty similar to last year, not overly impressed thus far.
A lot of guys saying this but i haven't noticed it all. hmmm. is it when you are trying to catch guys that are already past you? Also I feel like it is so different to last year! Don't know how you can say that but I know you are a FIFA guy so that is alright (FIFA looks great this year too).

p.s. I recorded some gameplay showing how you can get more of a simulation feel by using fluid formations to make sure your team gets back defensively and then attacks when you have the ball. Check it out!

# 16 LingeringRegime @ 08/12/15 11:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BL8001
First thing I do is change the controls. RT sprint LT special. B shoot X cross B teammate pressure X slide tackle

Then like a racing game I can go fast on RT and slow with LT.

Also in game turned on cpu names and lowered game speed 1.

Scored a sweet Vidal goal in the pink juve kits.
And in the second game a tasty brazillian special that contained 5 passes, a jinky run, 2 more passes and a unstoppable bullet into the inside side net.

Ready to edit kits!
That is a damn good idea man. I will have to do that as well.

Looking thru the command list now and they brought back the dive (flop).

L3+R3+L1+L2 I am going to mess around with it and see if I can draw more fouls.

Nope! I got yellow carded for it! haha

# 17 dubcity @ 08/12/15 11:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LingeringRegime

I have been able to draw a fair share amount of fouls by holding down R2 button (Close control). If you don't hold this down you won't see many fouls. But, players get pissed off about it on the pitch. Haha

]
It was the same last year. It does draw fouls, but you have to play unrealistically and the risk to reward isn't really worth how often the CPU tackle the ball from you.

# 18 LingeringRegime @ 08/12/15 11:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubcity
It was the same last year. It does draw fouls, but you have to play unrealistically and the risk to reward isn't really worth how often the CPU tackle the ball from u.
True.

I tweeted bhati and asked if the final build would address the foul issue. No response and probably won't be. Sad.

I do hold out a little bit of hope because the players often times will whine and bitch to the ref when a foul isn't called. I don't remember that from last year.

# 19 ShaiLeGran @ 08/13/15 04:29 AM
Pretty concerning that again a lack of fouls is called. It is a crucial part of the game; free kicks, penalties, bookings. Is it really that difficult to implement stuff like that?

I keep hearing Adam Bhatti saying that they focus on the gameplay, but that's what he said last year as well. Is the dev team so small, that they can only focus on gameplay?

It is a football game dear Konami. It comes with fouls, advantage rules, injuries, bookings, you name it. It is all part of gameplay. Implement it. Please.

# 20 orion523 @ 08/13/15 07:12 AM
I don't think it's the referees, it's the same issue FIFA had prior to 15. The CPU players are not aggressive enough, and therefore only attempt tackles they're 100% going to make, so there are no fouls. From what I've seen on replays of what I thought were fouls, the CPU defender always gets ball first, then body.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.