Home
PES 2016 News Post

The PES 2016 demo is available now on Xbox One, weighing in at 3.1GB. You will need to search for PES 2016. It might mention that it coming soon, but click it anyway, it works.

The PES 2016 demo is also available on the Australian, New Zealand regions, along with a few more, weighing in at 3.3GB. Create an account in one of those locations to download it.

Otherwise, this post will get updated when it's on the PS Store locally.

UPDATE: The PES 2016 demo is available now on the PlayStation Store, search for Pro Evolution.

The following teams are available in the demo:
  • Juventus F.C.
  • A.S. Roma
  • FC Bayern München
  • SC Corinthians
  • Palmeiras
  • Brazil
  • France
Stadiums available:
  • Arena Corinthians
  • Juventus Stadium
You can select difficulty, match time (7 to 10 minutes), substitutions (up to 6), player emotions (on/off) and set injuries (on/off).

Game: PES 2016Reader Score: Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 0 - View All
PES 2016 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 fearwhatnow @ 08/13/15 07:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
The RCB turns their back on the dribbler to chase their mark, the LCB backs up and shifts to their mark. Defensive awareness would be shift towards the dribbler as soon as he crossed the threshold of the first 2 players, while still maintaining an angle to cut off the pass. At that point in time one of those CBs should have gone for the dribbler at least. The fact that one turned their back away after Pogba gets through, is just another sign of poor defensive fundamentals through programming. FIFA did it, PES did/does it - the more we identify it - the better chance it has to be fixed. I obviously will need to get more videos up to explain in depth so hopefully the developers and important parties can be made aware.
Explain what Matt? The obvious? After so many years I'm really tired complaining and trying to fix both games (FIFA/PES) with modding. Obviously the devs have no idea about football. Have you seen any of them here at OS? SCEA and 2k always have someone here answering questions and taking feedback.

# 82 Matt10 @ 08/13/15 07:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fearwhatnow
Explain what Matt? The obvious? After so many years I'm really tired complaining and trying to fix both games (FIFA/PES) with modding. Obviously the devs have no idea about football. Have you seen any of them here at OS? SCEA and 2k always have someone here answering questions and taking feedback.
We can make them more aware, I do have to get more active as a contributor to FSB for example. There are mediums, but you're right, it isn't helpful when they are not visible.

# 83 ezio @ 08/13/15 07:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryP
Anyone have trouble installing the demo (PS4)? I've downloaded twice now and received a message after installing most of the way that it cannot install.
Yes. I set it to download from the store online and my son told me it couldn't install. Any idea if there is a way to fix that? If not, I will keep playing the New Zealand demo

# 84 J-Unit40 @ 08/13/15 07:57 PM
Quote:
Anyone have trouble installing the demo (PS4)? I've downloaded twice now and received a message after installing most of the way that it cannot install.

You need to update your system to the latest firmware update. Once you update the firmware "wherever the number is now", you should be able to install the demo.

The update only takes about one minute.

# 85 dmendenhall_9 @ 08/13/15 08:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
We can make them more aware, I do have to get more active as a contributor to FSB for example. There are mediums, but you're right, it isn't helpful when they are not visible.
Hey Matt. Just for the record you FIFA guys are dope. ha. Love your passion. I was mostly upset at some other dudes but it might have been misplaced too. Please check out this video I just recorded to see what you think about the defense and offense positioning. It felt pretty good as I played. Lots of battling in the midfield (ignore the lack of fouls - that is a problem). I do not see the same problem last year where you could just pass through the midfield right to the forward and have them control the ball. You can try it this year but centre backs or defensive mid either intercept or close down too quickly for you to do anything with the ball. I achieved this kind of play by using fluid formations. Making it so I had all my mids on offense while in possession and then when out of possession set them to be all behind the halfway line in set lines. They seem to keep shape pretty well while staying aware of runs being made and offensive players approaching with the ball. The first half is on normal speed and the second half is on -1 speed. Check it out and let me know!! I think it has potential and I love the collision system this year (other than no fouls again) and some of the little touches PES has for nifty passing and such. Pass accuracy didn't seem to crazy either which a lot of people have complained about but goes down when you set your formations correctly. haha. Anyway, I am long winded. Check it out and let me know! and everyone else here! love people's honest input. Especially enjoy Matt's because he knows what he is talking about.

Hope both games are good but i know you will stick with FIFA because of how much you can manipulate the game and make it what you want. For some reasons I just prefer PES animations, I don't know why because I know people who are complete opposite but FIFA running just bugs me a little bit. ha.

# 86 Zac @ 08/13/15 08:08 PM
I enjoyed the game I just played of the demo. It felt good. I don't know how to really describe that better. The overall feel of the play just felt good. Much better than I remember 15 feeling. Smoother.

However it looks terrible still. Anything that isn't the TV camera of the pitch looks either jagged or goofy. But that is fine. I just find it funny how the graphics have been played up this year with face scans and all that, and the players look terrible, even the ones with face scans.

No fouls is disappointing, as everyone has mentioned already. I didn't even get carded for purposely sliding into the same dude twice. The ref just talked to me both times. Then the next time I got close to him, he dived, getting a free kick. Which was kinda of cool. But no card still. Then I took him out again and was finally carded. Those were the only incidents in the whole game. No fouls at all on the CPU.

I liked that the cpu players on my team felt like they were making an effort. Getting into good defending position, cutting out passes. Running into space, away from defenders to get open for passes.

Still hate the double replay system.

The new slow touch controls are nice. Unless they aren't new, and I just wasn't aware of them in 15. I was able to make some nice behind the leg self passes. Passes around defenders to myself. Things I normally don't attempt because I find the controls over complicated. But this was very simple.

Keepers seem much improved. But I'm not fully sure on that. It seemed like they were making saves they wouldn't have before. More holding on to the ball on weaker shots, less punching them out. Better diving angles. And more active on blocking. Not diving at the last second. I'll have to up the difficulty to see if that changes.

It seems promising. I can't wait to see the improved master league now. If that isn't up to snuff I probably wont be keeping the game for very long again. While I love how it plays, if ML isn't engaging or enjoyable I have no use for the game. That is only mode I play in either game.

Also maybe I just feel this way about it because I have been playing FIFA 15 so damn long. Hard for me to tell.

# 87 RoyceDa59 @ 08/13/15 08:37 PM
I think I played enough the demo maybe 20-25 matches and I am going to stop there. Release being so close I think I am going to wait for that. Part of it is I am finding my self tweaking formations and tactics before every match dealing with that cumbersome formation menu and have to redo my tactics over if change teams; might as well save that for the final game.

This game will be great if they can tweak some of the issues people have already mentioned without breaking something else, we shall see!

# 88 JimmyDeicide @ 08/13/15 08:56 PM
It is 100 times better than last years game. The animations are incredible just contextual and brilliant. Its more responsive control wise the players respond immediately the heading is genius from what ive seen so far, the physical play is really good too. Each game is different each team played different, players are different.
Players intercept and close down balls all over the place, much better.
Its not all true love i must admit, no fouls is a real game killer now that slide tackles are so well implemented, and defense maybe a little to slow to close down still but even that is much better this time.

Im really digging it fellas maybe the animations are clouding my judgement a little right now but everything else aside this is the best stuff(animation wise) ive seen in a video game.

# 89 dubcity @ 08/13/15 09:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 81chrisso

Adam Bhatti is a prick, he banned me and others from his Twitter because of asking for more fouls. Maybe the last of my 10 tries was too harsh lol. They are not interested in feedback .

Way to take one for the team, lol.

# 90 Drag66 @ 08/13/15 09:44 PM
Quote:
I have the same thing happening. I have no clue why. I've downloaded twice now and at the end it says it cannot install.

Just figured it out. Apparently I had to update the system software to 2.57. Check that and see if it works for you.

# 91 buckeyezombie @ 08/13/15 10:22 PM
Stupid question, but can you create kits on the demo? I'd like to try this out

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

# 92 ezio @ 08/13/15 10:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit40
You need to update your system to the latest firmware update. Once you update the firmware "wherever the number is now", you should be able to install the demo.

The update only takes about one minute.
Thank you!!!!

# 93 dubcity @ 08/13/15 10:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BL8001
Just like FIFA you have to draw the defender into you and do a skill move to have any chance of a foul being called.

Not really in my experience. In FIFA the CPU regularly makes reckless challenges and runs into players who are simply passing the ball off or changing directions, just like players do in real life every matchday. As much crap as FIFA deserves, they made the decision to include a good amount of fouls into their game when they didn't really have to.

This gen of PES feels more like FIFA 12-13, where you had to just get lucky to draw 1-2 fouls per match. We'll see if they feel the pressure to change that before next month.

# 94 LingeringRegime @ 08/13/15 10:52 PM
I don't know if it is coincidence but I have seen more fouls with the US Demo in a few hours than I did with the UK demo and I played that most of the day yesterday. Even scored a Free Kick outside the box.

# 95 LingeringRegime @ 08/13/15 10:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyezombie
Stupid question, but can you create kits on the demo? I'd like to try this out

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk
Nah man you can't on the demo.

# 96 TerryP @ 08/13/15 11:27 PM
Thanks to j-unit and drag, problem solved. Got to play a couple games. Love it except for the lack of fouls and the crazy frantic pace. I looked for a game speed slider but I guess we'll have to wait for retail.

# 97 dmendenhall_9 @ 08/13/15 11:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyceDa59
I think I played enough the demo maybe 20-25 matches and I am going to stop there. Release being so close I think I am going to wait for that. Part of it is I am finding my self tweaking formations and tactics before every match dealing with that cumbersome formation menu and have to redo my tactics over if change teams; might as well save that for the final game.

This game will be great if they can tweak some of the issues people have already mentioned without breaking something else, we shall see!
Totally agree. Need to obviously fix fouls but when I play with formation and tactics on both teams plays really great. But like you said sucks that I have to do it every game. I really see a lot of the other complaints fixed by using fluid formations and just changing their formations to be more offensive and defensive whether they have the ball or not.

# 98 J-Unit40 @ 08/13/15 11:31 PM
Quote:
Thanks to j-unit and drag, problem solved. Got to play a couple games. Love it except for the lack of fouls and the crazy frantic pace. I looked for a game speed slider but I guess we'll have to wait for retail.

The game speed slider is in the In-Game menu under System Settings and then Game Speed Settings. You can choose -2, -1, 0, +1, +2

# 99 TerryP @ 08/13/15 11:39 PM
Thanks again! Going straight to -2. How anyone would want to increase the pace is beyond me. Hopefully default won't be so frantic on the full retail.

# 100 fpgoodgame @ 08/13/15 11:59 PM
PES 2016 Top 5 Goals

PES 2016 ps3 vs ps4 gameplay

PES 2016 Gameplay Demo France vs Brazil 2-3 PS3 HD

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.