Home
NBA Live 16 News Post

EA Sports and the NBA Live 16 team have just announced LIVE Pro-Am, featuring 2 all-new online modes called LIVE Run and Summer Circuit. Players will be able to try out these 2 modes on September 15 for free, along with Tip Off mode featuring six teams.

Read about the modes here:The new companion mobile app featuring GameFaceHD will be available on September 8, so you can scan your face and have it ready when the game arrives.

We will have an interview posted shortly with NBA Live 16 Executive Producer, Sean O'Brien.

Check out the trailer and read the full press release below.

RISE TOGETHER IN NBA LIVE 16 PRO-AM

New LIVE Run and Summer Circuit Online Modes Available for Free on Sept 15

Today Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: EA) announced NBA LIVE 16 is bringing basketball fans new ways to compete online with the introduction of LIVE Pro-Am. LIVE Pro-Am features two all-new fun and exciting online modes, LIVE Run and Summer Circuit. First off is LIVE Run, giving players a smooth and stable online pick-up game with up to nine friends on storied courts like Rucker Park, Venice Beach, Jordan Terminal 23 and more. Joining LIVE Run is the brand new Summer Circuit, an online co-op mode where players will travel across North America squaring off against NBA superstars on a journey to dominate the court. LIVE Pro-Am will be available to try for free starting September 15 via download on Xbox Live and PlayStation Network.

At the heart of LIVE Pro-Am is you. Use your created player across LIVE Run, Summer Circuit and the Rising Star career mode. Playing games in any of these modes will earn you SP (Skill Points) to upgrade your skills using our new progression system and RP (Reward Points) to purchase authentic gear in the LIVE Spot store. Customize your player from head to toe with the latest kicks and gear from leading apparel brands including Jordan, or get some ink from world-renowned tattooist Randy Harris. NBA LIVE 16 also introduces a new companion mobile app featuring GameFaceHD, the exclusive mobile scanning tech which can be used to quickly and easily scan your face and upload it into the game. GameFaceHD will be available for free download on mobile devices starting September 8, and all scanned faces can be used when LIVE Pro-Am launches for free on September 15. Your created character’s progression and reward unlocks will be carried over into the full game when NBA LIVE 16 launches on September 29.

Alongside LIVE Pro-Am, starting September 15 fans can check out exhibition-style play in Tip Off mode with six NBA teams, and the Learn LIVE tutorials, consisting of drills to familiarize yourself with the game and basketball fundamentals. All this together in a free package will give basketball fans an opportunity to run with their friends and get a head start on the new season in advance of the launch of NBA LIVE 16.

Game: NBA Live 16Reader Score: 5.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 4 - View All
NBA Live 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 cthurt @ 08/13/15 09:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintsa
Honestly......I'm more excited about trying tip off mode featuring 6 teams. Anyone else in the same boat ?

Yea this is definitely appreciated for the PS4 guys who cant get the EA Pass feature.

# 22 The 24th Letter @ 08/13/15 09:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintsa
Honestly......I'm more excited about trying tip off mode featuring 6 teams. Anyone else in the same boat ?

I am....though I do plan on trying out these types of modes a bit more this year.

This sounds good...wouldn't call it 'internet breaking' but it definitely sounds like it could be fun...

I'm happy we get to try the game out early this year as well....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 23 rockchisler @ 08/13/15 09:38 AM
First off my man Skyzoo on the NBA Live soundtrack "Falling out the sky" track is fire.. second these modes look niiice!

# 24 mrprice33 @ 08/13/15 09:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kohkaynerain
After rewatching the trailer, I'm impressed with the differences in lighting depending on the venue. I know at some point we'll probably find something that's off lol, but right now it looks amazing.
The court ambiance is pretty amazing. Each one has different lighting, sounds, music, etc.

# 25 mrprice33 @ 08/13/15 09:44 AM

# 26 Pappy Knuckles @ 08/13/15 09:47 AM
Nice to let people try this out for free. I bought Live 15 and had no plans to get this year's edition. If the game plays better, I'll consider it

# 27 The 24th Letter @ 08/13/15 09:47 AM
Noticed that the animations in the trailer looked good!

Seems like there was at least one wonky animation in a trailer the last couple of years....

I know its just for Pro-AM but that's nice to see....

# 28 Steve_OS @ 08/13/15 09:48 AM
Our interview is up, will answer plenty of questions.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...an-obrien.html

# 29 eko718 @ 08/13/15 09:51 AM
Interesting. I like that they have authentic street ball venues and that their Pro-Am is an actual Pro-Am. It's worth a try to see how it plays.

# 30 hesko @ 08/13/15 09:59 AM
that trailer made me wanna go hoopin' right now! very nice EA.

# 31 The 24th Letter @ 08/13/15 10:00 AM
Mprice what were your gameplay takeaways?

# 32 Rob. D @ 08/13/15 10:06 AM
Very nice announcement, Im glad we can do private lobbies reduces the wait time for games even more. All I played is online on live 15 this year no different. Anyone need someone to game with let me know, I'm online starting the 15th lol.

# 33 13CB55 @ 08/13/15 10:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodii Rockets
Such as? Please expound.
-level up by playing not buying.
dont know how good it really is, but im glad its in.

- 5v5 to 21.
3v3 is fun but in 2k14 I spent almost all my time on 5v5.
Hated that all 5v5 was only at Rec (and stage but stage is not something i liked even a bit) - Rec took sometimes too long and with the wrong teammates, games felt even longer.

- matchmaking and private lobbies
that is huge for me. it was so hard to play against some friends cause on 2k somebody had to steal a spot all the time. with more and more L3 in the game it got even harder to play some friendly games.

- special rewards you can unlock only by playing.

- more different looking courts. I played 3000+ games in 2k14 and close too 3000 now in 15 and having more unique courts is great to keep it fresh.

- playing together with other friends myplayers against NBA players.

edit:

after reading the interview - level up by playing took a big hit again. at first it looked like you only level up by playing online, now it says rising star and onlien shares the same player.

# 34 mrprice33 @ 08/13/15 10:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Mprice what were your gameplay takeaways?

I'm still limited in what I can say about gameplay, but the roles are very important to success in Live Run and Summer Circuit. Things like pick and pops/rolls, cutting, spacing, etc all make a huge difference if you do them.

# 35 Rob. D @ 08/13/15 10:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockchisler
First off my man Skyzoo on the NBA Live soundtrack "Falling out the sky" track is fire.. second these modes look niiice!
Fam they don't know about Sky! lol EA back on they grind with the soundtracks!

# 36 lakers24 @ 08/13/15 10:20 AM
No lie, this is essentially the exact idea I had in my head that I was gonna post in my thread lol. Pretty cool! I wish you could do the Summer Circuit part offline though (this is where my idea differs) as it reminds me so much of NBA 2k's old 24/7 mode.

# 37 mrprice33 @ 08/13/15 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakers24
No lie, this is essentially the exact idea I had in my head that I was gonna post in my thread lol. Pretty cool! I wish you could do the Summer Circuit part offline though (this is where my idea differs) as it reminds me so much of NBA 2k's old 24/7 mode.
You can play by yourself with the CPU against the CPU teams.

# 38 KareemEasy @ 08/13/15 10:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakers24
You can do it :
Quote:
Summer Circuit would figure to be the most distinct offering in NBA Live 16, online or offline. Users must create a player (using a face-scanning app on a mobile device if they like; more on this later) and then run co-operative matchups against a series of CPU-controlled teams. Bot teammates are available if a user prefers (or if enough human teammates aren't on hand).

# 39 Rob. D @ 08/13/15 10:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
I'm still limited in what I can say about gameplay, but the roles are very important to success in Live Run and Summer Circuit. Things like pick and pops/rolls, cutting, spacing, etc all make a huge difference if you do them.
Sounds good, can you expand on the rating system? They mention being a good teammate matters. How much of the rating system came in to play as far as SP/RP?

# 40 lakers24 @ 08/13/15 10:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
You can play by yourself with the CPU against the CPU teams.
Awesome to hear! Haven't slept all night so I guess I missed it on my first read

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.