Home
NBA Live 16 News Post

EA Sports and the NBA Live 16 team have just announced LIVE Pro-Am, featuring 2 all-new online modes called LIVE Run and Summer Circuit. Players will be able to try out these 2 modes on September 15 for free, along with Tip Off mode featuring six teams.

Read about the modes here:The new companion mobile app featuring GameFaceHD will be available on September 8, so you can scan your face and have it ready when the game arrives.

We will have an interview posted shortly with NBA Live 16 Executive Producer, Sean O'Brien.

Check out the trailer and read the full press release below.

RISE TOGETHER IN NBA LIVE 16 PRO-AM

New LIVE Run and Summer Circuit Online Modes Available for Free on Sept 15

Today Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: EA) announced NBA LIVE 16 is bringing basketball fans new ways to compete online with the introduction of LIVE Pro-Am. LIVE Pro-Am features two all-new fun and exciting online modes, LIVE Run and Summer Circuit. First off is LIVE Run, giving players a smooth and stable online pick-up game with up to nine friends on storied courts like Rucker Park, Venice Beach, Jordan Terminal 23 and more. Joining LIVE Run is the brand new Summer Circuit, an online co-op mode where players will travel across North America squaring off against NBA superstars on a journey to dominate the court. LIVE Pro-Am will be available to try for free starting September 15 via download on Xbox Live and PlayStation Network.

At the heart of LIVE Pro-Am is you. Use your created player across LIVE Run, Summer Circuit and the Rising Star career mode. Playing games in any of these modes will earn you SP (Skill Points) to upgrade your skills using our new progression system and RP (Reward Points) to purchase authentic gear in the LIVE Spot store. Customize your player from head to toe with the latest kicks and gear from leading apparel brands including Jordan, or get some ink from world-renowned tattooist Randy Harris. NBA LIVE 16 also introduces a new companion mobile app featuring GameFaceHD, the exclusive mobile scanning tech which can be used to quickly and easily scan your face and upload it into the game. GameFaceHD will be available for free download on mobile devices starting September 8, and all scanned faces can be used when LIVE Pro-Am launches for free on September 15. Your created character’s progression and reward unlocks will be carried over into the full game when NBA LIVE 16 launches on September 29.

Alongside LIVE Pro-Am, starting September 15 fans can check out exhibition-style play in Tip Off mode with six NBA teams, and the Learn LIVE tutorials, consisting of drills to familiarize yourself with the game and basketball fundamentals. All this together in a free package will give basketball fans an opportunity to run with their friends and get a head start on the new season in advance of the launch of NBA LIVE 16.

Game: NBA Live 16Reader Score: 5.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 4 - View All
NBA Live 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 mrprice33 @ 08/14/15 08:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da-Man
Mr Price can the pro am mode be played as a single player offline or does it always have to played as online co-op?

Sent from my SM-A300H using Tapatalk

Summer circuit can be played as a single player, yes. Not sure if it's still done "online" though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 142 VDusen04 @ 08/14/15 10:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haval93
Video and mode sound good. Two complaints though, the dunk were the dunker grabs the rim and then dunks with his other hand needs to go, and the last dunk in the video wasn't smooth or looked very natural even with slow motion. Hopefully the online experience will be a good one, Live 15 was really laggy for me(Not my connection, 100mbs down and 20mbs up) and was hard to find a game.
I agree that some of the dunk animations look a little wonky. I'd have to watch again, but it seems some of the one-hand dunk animations are still stuck in last-gen mode (or even last-last gen), where the hand/arm doesn't seem to actually propel and interact with the rim very well.

Broadly speaking though, I really enjoyed the trailer. I don't know if it's for me, because I do not do the whole online basketball thing, but it still looks really cool. Always nice to get real life street courts replicated in the big games.

# 143 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 08/14/15 10:28 AM
Didn't NBA street have a mode similar to summer circuit ? It sounds so familiar

# 144 kdurantmvp @ 08/14/15 12:20 PM
Just wished this was coming to pc

# 145 DIRK41NOWITZKI @ 08/14/15 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
Didn't NBA street have a mode similar to summer circuit ? It sounds so familiar

Ya it was similar where you would go to different courts and vs teams of 3 nba players. They had lots of cool courts like Rucker in the game which also makes it similar.

# 146 Ermolli @ 08/14/15 04:46 PM
mrprice33, I you don't mind replying could you please say how the matchmaking works? Does a team have to have each position to play together? Or is it like the All Star game lineups in which you have to have two guards and three forwards?

# 147 woshihuxingtan @ 08/14/15 04:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
That is correct.
So from what you see in Orlando, is NBA Live 16 looks different especially graphics in XBOX One and PS4?

# 148 mrprice33 @ 08/14/15 07:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by woshihuxingtan
So from what you see in Orlando, is NBA Live 16 looks different especially graphics in XBOX One and PS4?

What you've seen in videos and screens is very much representative of what I played. I thought 15 was still pretty ugly, but 16 looks quite nice.

# 149 mrprice33 @ 08/14/15 07:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ermolli
mrprice33, I you don't mind replying could you please say how the matchmaking works? Does a team have to have each position to play together? Or is it like the All Star game lineups in which you have to have two guards and three forwards?

I think we mostly had between 8 and 10 people playing at any one time, so it didn't have a choice but to put us all together, so I can't really say how that'll work when it's out in the wild. Sorry.

# 150 Rob. D @ 08/14/15 08:11 PM
Man I really hope this isn't the DUNK fest Live 15 was. I really wanna know how they ramped up the defense this year especially playing in this mode.

# 151 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 08/14/15 09:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob. D
Man I really hope this isn't the DUNK fest Live 15 was. I really wanna know how they ramped up the defense this year especially playing in this mode.
Yeah it was like once someone was in the lane it was a easy score . Very annoying

# 152 videobastard @ 08/15/15 07:43 AM
Was there an estimated time when this demo would be available to download. I wanted to try and start downloading it before i left my house.

# 153 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 08/15/15 07:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by videobastard
Was there an estimated time when this demo would be available to download. I wanted to try and start downloading it before i left my house.
Next month man lol

# 154 videobastard @ 08/15/15 07:56 AM
Lol my brain is fried. The 15 date stuck with me, i thought it was today.

# 155 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 08/15/15 08:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by videobastard
Lol my brain is fried. The 15 date stuck with me, i thought it was today.
Not long my brother

# 156 sroz39 @ 08/15/15 08:51 AM
This is exactly what I was hoping to see from the Live series this year. I've played NHL/EASHL since it debuted way back when and played FIFA Pro Clubs almost nightly since release last year. I trust EA's online play a heck of a lot more than 2K's at this point.

I think Live's gameplay lends itself a little better to this style of online play than 2K's. I've tried playing The Park in 2K in the last two years and because of a combination of awful servers/input lag and cumbersome controls, it just becomes a one sided (read: offensive) style of play.

I feel like if Live makes the jump in gameplay in 16 from 15 like they did from 14 to 15, Live Run will be awesome to play.

Really looking forward to this!

Sent from my LG G4 using Tapatalk

# 157 rafaelpaolo84 @ 08/15/15 11:59 AM
I'm a very anti-social gamer, really only want to enjoy games by myself, including basketball games. That's why I stick to offline modes.

But I gotta say... I kinda wish I had some friends to play this mode with, hahaha! And it's the first time I've felt this way about any game or game mode

Summer Circuit will get a lot of burn from me at least, cos that you can play by yourself.

Good job on this EA!

# 158 rafaelpaolo84 @ 08/15/15 12:04 PM
mrprice33,

Just wondering, how do dribble hand-offs work with user-controlled players? Do the receiving player have to manually "run the route" to the ball handler, or will he temporarily be on auto-pilot once the ball-handler initiates the hand-off?

Hope that made sense

Also, I saw in the trailer and screenshots that some of the players are wearing NBA players' jerseys (by itself or on top of a shirt). Can we choose to wear any NBA player's jersey when we create our player (home, away, alternate, throwback)? That would be cool if they let us do that, especially if there are legends' jerseys available.

# 159 Lancio23 @ 08/15/15 01:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rafaelpaolo84
I'm a very anti-social gamer, really only want to enjoy games by myself, including basketball games. That's why I stick to offline modes.

But I gotta say... I kinda wish I had some friends to play this mode with, hahaha! And it's the first time I've felt this way about any game or game mode

Summer Circuit will get a lot of burn from me at least, cos that you can play by yourself.

Good job on this EA!

Me too lol, but I'll mostly be playing the summer circuit too. You can add me if you're on Xbox am not gonna get it for ps till later in the year. haven't played my ps in months lol.
Ps - ja_dwade
Xbox - dntfearthegaza

# 160 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 08/17/15 06:17 PM
Kspade just dropped a very informative video on the pro am. I'm even more hyped . You really do gotta play and earn everything

http://youtu.be/sxl6uaHV8FI

Idk how I feel it's kind of weird about having to get a 90 3 pter to get Curry's jumper (just an example) but I'm not mad at the decision at all.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.