Home
NBA Live 16 News Post

EA Sports and the NBA Live 16 team have just announced LIVE Pro-Am, featuring 2 all-new online modes called LIVE Run and Summer Circuit. Players will be able to try out these 2 modes on September 15 for free, along with Tip Off mode featuring six teams.

Read about the modes here:The new companion mobile app featuring GameFaceHD will be available on September 8, so you can scan your face and have it ready when the game arrives.

We will have an interview posted shortly with NBA Live 16 Executive Producer, Sean O'Brien.

Check out the trailer and read the full press release below.

RISE TOGETHER IN NBA LIVE 16 PRO-AM

New LIVE Run and Summer Circuit Online Modes Available for Free on Sept 15

Today Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: EA) announced NBA LIVE 16 is bringing basketball fans new ways to compete online with the introduction of LIVE Pro-Am. LIVE Pro-Am features two all-new fun and exciting online modes, LIVE Run and Summer Circuit. First off is LIVE Run, giving players a smooth and stable online pick-up game with up to nine friends on storied courts like Rucker Park, Venice Beach, Jordan Terminal 23 and more. Joining LIVE Run is the brand new Summer Circuit, an online co-op mode where players will travel across North America squaring off against NBA superstars on a journey to dominate the court. LIVE Pro-Am will be available to try for free starting September 15 via download on Xbox Live and PlayStation Network.

At the heart of LIVE Pro-Am is you. Use your created player across LIVE Run, Summer Circuit and the Rising Star career mode. Playing games in any of these modes will earn you SP (Skill Points) to upgrade your skills using our new progression system and RP (Reward Points) to purchase authentic gear in the LIVE Spot store. Customize your player from head to toe with the latest kicks and gear from leading apparel brands including Jordan, or get some ink from world-renowned tattooist Randy Harris. NBA LIVE 16 also introduces a new companion mobile app featuring GameFaceHD, the exclusive mobile scanning tech which can be used to quickly and easily scan your face and upload it into the game. GameFaceHD will be available for free download on mobile devices starting September 8, and all scanned faces can be used when LIVE Pro-Am launches for free on September 15. Your created character’s progression and reward unlocks will be carried over into the full game when NBA LIVE 16 launches on September 29.

Alongside LIVE Pro-Am, starting September 15 fans can check out exhibition-style play in Tip Off mode with six NBA teams, and the Learn LIVE tutorials, consisting of drills to familiarize yourself with the game and basketball fundamentals. All this together in a free package will give basketball fans an opportunity to run with their friends and get a head start on the new season in advance of the launch of NBA LIVE 16.

Game: NBA Live 16Reader Score: 5.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 4 - View All
NBA Live 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 161 TDYRX @ 08/17/15 09:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
Idk how I feel it's kind of weird about having to get a 90 3 pter to get Curry's jumper (just an example) but I'm not mad at the decision at all.
His jumpshot on Live 15 was way too easy, so I'm alright with that lol

# 162 DIRK41NOWITZKI @ 08/17/15 10:15 PM
I'm sure with his form comes a bonus of some sort so when you unlock his jumper it's like you've worked hard for a jumper that pays off I guess. Just like in really life when you work on your form it will help you down the road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 163 Vic Viper @ 08/17/15 11:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIRK41NOWITZKI
I'm sure with his form comes a bonus of some sort so when you unlock his jumper it's like you've worked hard for a jumper that pays off I guess. Just like in really life when you work on your form it will help you down the road.

I hope there are NO bonuses for jumpers. That's what we need to avoid. Rating + Release = Best Results (IMO)

# 164 nova91 @ 08/17/15 11:51 PM
I think guys are overestimating how difficult it will be to raise a players attributes. If it's anything like Be A Pro in FIFA all you have to do is mess with the sliders(if they're available) in career mode and seeing as how they are all tied together this could be a problem. I wanna know if this is has been addressed before I even think about trying to play this any farther than the demo.

# 165 DIRK41NOWITZKI @ 08/18/15 12:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Viper
I hope there are NO bonuses for jumpers. That's what we need to avoid. Rating + Release = Best Results (IMO)

Ya your right know that I think about it that doesn't make much sense. It should be your skill(timing) plus the skill of your in-game player.

# 166 GudStuffzz @ 08/18/15 07:26 PM
Man I can't wait. If defense actually matters, i'm goona be lovin this mode. I find locking up players online just so damn satisfying

# 167 TrustedDegree4 @ 08/25/15 03:01 PM
Looks like I'm not gonna have time to play Fallout 4 or NFS with Live stepping up. Gonna have 2 basketball games to play. I always told my friends give them 2 years when they came back and now they are delivering. Ima play the **** out of this demo when it comes out with my friends. Live MyPlayer is looking way better that what 2k been giving us in the past, and it seem they listened to what we been complaining about for the last couple years.

Are we really limited to 1 player per account. I would of loved to have different players, that all earn different SP/RP.

# 168 vidgames @ 08/25/15 05:42 PM
They should have a default difficulty that sticks on modes like this.

# 169 mrprice33 @ 08/26/15 12:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rafaelpaolo84
mrprice33,

Just wondering, how do dribble hand-offs work with user-controlled players? Do the receiving player have to manually "run the route" to the ball handler, or will he temporarily be on auto-pilot once the ball-handler initiates the hand-off?

Hope that made sense

Also, I saw in the trailer and screenshots that some of the players are wearing NBA players' jerseys (by itself or on top of a shirt). Can we choose to wear any NBA player's jersey when we create our player (home, away, alternate, throwback)? That would be cool if they let us do that, especially if there are legends' jerseys available.
Sorry, didn't see this. I am erring on the side of caution and not talking gameplay until I get authorization from EA.

Jersey selection was limited from what I saw, but there was at least 1 per team. I wore a Nerlens Noel one.

# 170 mrprice33 @ 08/26/15 12:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Viper
I am pretty sure all you unlock is the animation. Since you have to have a high enough rating to have the option, they don't give you a bonus.

Don't, like, kill me if that changes before release tho lol

# 171 mrprice33 @ 08/26/15 12:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nova91
I think guys are overestimating how difficult it will be to raise a players attributes. If it's anything like Be A Pro in FIFA all you have to do is mess with the sliders(if they're available) in career mode and seeing as how they are all tied together this could be a problem. I wanna know if this is has been addressed before I even think about trying to play this any farther than the demo.
I think the way it's set up prevents you from taking too many shortcuts. You still have to put in the time to play the games. There isn't enough time on short quarters to really crank your teammate grade and accumulate counting stats.

# 172 mrprice33 @ 08/26/15 12:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustedDegree4
Are we really limited to 1 player per account. I would of loved to have different players, that all earn different SP/RP.
There's still some confusion over this. I know for sure that if there are multiple players per account, they'll each have to earn SP and RP independently. It's not a shared pool.

# 173 WTF @ 08/26/15 03:57 PM
We need to get your username colored Teal.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.