Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

2K has just revealed the second NBA 2K16 digital short, titled James Harden: Believe. Showcasing some of the first looks at NBA 2K16 gameplay, the video chronicles James Harden’s journey to stardom, beginning from his humble roots in Compton and featuring his return to Artesia High School.

Narrated by Spike Lee, the montage of gameplay and true life footage showcases Harden’s journey from a beardless, standout player at Arizona State University to winning the NBA’s Sixth Man of the Year Award on the Oklahoma City Thunder and becoming the face of the franchise for the Houston Rockets.

We snipped out all of the NBA 2K16 footage from the video here, if you want to take a look.

This video is the second in a three part series focusing on the life story of NBA 2K16’s cover athletes, complementing this year’s #BeTheStory MyCAREER narrative.

If you missed the first one, featuring Stephen Curry, click here.

NBA 2K16 will be available for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, Xbox One, Xbox 360 and PC on September 29. If you pre-order at participating North American retail and online vendors, you get it on September 25, along with in-game bonuses.

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 cthurt @ 08/13/15 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ballstreet2k
I'm kinda worried because in the last 2 teasers we saw Steph swishing a 3 with a hand in his face and Harden hitting a 25 foot fadeaway.

Its basically what they both do in real life though, and its highlights so they have to make it look good, now if this happens all the time in the full game then yea its cause for concern.

# 42 Wildcats302 @ 08/13/15 12:28 PM
Cool "story" to the video, but this is just another hype vid for casual fans. I am curious if this thread will turn into another one debating the ethics of 2ks marketing plan or not lol the last one was entertaining, I'll give those posters that.

The game will be out in 47 days (the official release date) so people just need to be patient for the real info to get here. Sadly, it may not really start in earnest for another couple of weeks, but once it starts arriving, should be fast and furious.

# 43 nova91 @ 08/13/15 12:29 PM
Quote:
I'm kinda worried because in the last 2 teasers we saw Steph swishing a 3 with a hand in his face and Harden hitting a 25 foot fadeaway.
These teasers are highlight reels. All you're gonna see is standout plays.

# 44 stillfeelme @ 08/13/15 12:33 PM
Nothing to really see here. Way too short to examine but some updated models are in.

# 45 TheVinylHippo @ 08/13/15 12:33 PM
Quote:
Yeah, because neither one of those guys have done those things during the course of a game.

# 46 ballstreet2k @ 08/13/15 12:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cthurt
Its basically what they both do in real life though, and its highlights so they have to make it look good, now if this happens all the time in the full game then yea its cause for concern.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nova91
These teasers are highlight reels. All you're gonna see is standout plays.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVinylHippo
Yeah, because neither one of those guys have done those things during the course of a game.
Yeah, I know they do that. But I also played in the Rec Center during the last few months. I wanna be clear: I'm not complaining, I'm just worried... I really really wanna have fun with Pro-Am.
Nothing to say about the Steph video, shooting is his main skill, but I hoped they would show Harden driving and pulling an and-1 with an eurostep.

# 47 RandomPerson @ 08/13/15 12:52 PM
That Harden dunk is concerning. It's like DeAndre Jordan isn't even there.

# 48 lakers24 @ 08/13/15 12:53 PM
Quote:
Yeah, I know they do that. But I also played in the Rec Center during the last few months. I wanna be clear: I'm not complaining, I'm just worried... I really really wanna have fun with Pro-Am.
Nothing to say about the Steph video, shooting is his main skill, but I hoped they would show Harden driving and pulling an and-1 with an eurostep.
Too much can go wrong (wonky animation, non scanned player gets too much screen time, etc.), also shooting the 3 allows for his celebration to kick in which I knew they'd showcase.

# 49 Number999 @ 08/13/15 01:06 PM
I don't know what y'all expect from these. These are about hyping the stars on the cover not in-depth gameplay where you get to see the fabric of the socks or leg definition or some sort of revolutionary game-changing gameplay mechanics. It's supposed to get you hype for the game and it accomplished that for me at least.

# 50 stlpimpmonsta @ 08/13/15 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomPerson
That Harden dunk is concerning. It's like DeAndre Jordan isn't even there.
I hate that crap. I dont want a block because he was late but damn make it so he atleast make contact with Harden.I dont mind getting dunked on but i HATE being pushed by the damn force on that obi-wan ****.

# 51 Saro1 @ 08/13/15 01:22 PM
The light seems to be the same as last year, too dark atmosphere. IMHO

# 52 scottyp180 @ 08/13/15 01:28 PM
I really need to see some more gameplay. As of now I'm a bit concerned about the crossovers I've seen. Looks like the same lazy, stiff, unexplosive crossovers from over the years. These crossovers just look unconvincing to me, like they are crossing with no real purpose. They also seem to lack any signature style.

Granted this is a very limited selection of crossovers, maybe 2-3, but I don't like seeing that they seemed unchanged very last year. Hopefully once actual gameplay trailers are released we see some more fluid crossovers with more variety and signature style.

# 53 scottyp180 @ 08/13/15 01:42 PM
Quote:
You also need to take in account that the difficult from this clip was likely no higher than pro. I doubt we'll see these shots being made consistently on high difficulties. If not thanlike god we have sliders.

# 54 23 @ 08/13/15 01:43 PM
grodbetatted on deck

Next off topic mention you are gone

# 55 scottyp180 @ 08/13/15 01:53 PM
Quote:
You also need to take in account that the difficult from this clip was likely no higher than pro. I doubt we'll see these shots being made consistently on high difficulties. If not thanlike god we have sliders.

# 56 iLLWiLL @ 08/13/15 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakers24
Yes, Stance is the new sock provider for the NBA and one of the biggest things is they have team specific socks that can match the uniforms. The Hawks are actually the first team to truly incorporate socks into their uniforms:

Ugh. I'm just too old school. Either solid white or solid black socks for me.

# 57 Halloween @ 08/13/15 02:23 PM
Gameplay glimpses don't raise my hopes for some groundbreaking gameplay inovations tbh.

Players still lack awarness (KAT completely losing Howard who one his side doesn't give a about rebound positioning or boxing out) and dunk animations still magically push defenders away like a feather. No physical contact.

Disappointed for now.

# 58 hesko @ 08/13/15 05:24 PM
i just hope they scanned sweat this year.
but foreal tho, September needs to get here asap.

# 59 LorenzoDC @ 08/13/15 05:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halloween
Gameplay glimpses don't raise my hopes for some groundbreaking gameplay inovations tbh.

Players still lack awarness (KAT completely losing Howard who one his side doesn't give a about rebound positioning or boxing out) and dunk animations still magically push defenders away like a feather. No physical contact.

Disappointed for now.
I think you're jumping the gun. We can't know one way or another from this canned footage designed to make the cover athlete look like a god for hype purposes.

I'm sure the difficulty settings and everything else were tailored to produce those results.

We won't know anything until we see actual extended gameplay on at least SS level. Last year that took until a couple of weeks before release, and I expect the same this year.

# 60 24ct @ 08/13/15 07:12 PM
Guys still jump and move guys out the air when they dunk. Didn't look like there was any physics or hit detection but I didn't expect any.

Cool commercial tho.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.